Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZB2g60oQD4w
youtube.com/watch?v=bdzv7uJGt_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

daily reminder that feanor did nothing wrong

NOTHING

WRONG

TELERI GENOCIDE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

The only character I liked in the book. All others were too bland.

you should include his sons as well as Eol and Maeglin, they all have the same archetype for their fate

THEY'RE ALL MINE YOU FUCKING SPIRITS

I really liked Eol for some reason.
It might be just because he's a complete dick, but with quite a cool vibe and aesthetic.

I don't get it

sauron is described fleeing along a path that takes him directly over the city of gondolin as he flies away after getting his throat torn out by the hound of the gods. He thus manages to fly over a vast mountain valley and the kingdom inside without ever noticing, and later spends years trying to find and destroy the very same city. He captures Maeglin, the elf in the comic, and realizes all of this.

And people say Tolkien isn't funny.

>All others were too bland.
>were too bland.
>too bland.

I'M SORRY, WOULD YOU LIKE TO REPEAT THAT?

>I'M SORRY, WOULD YOU LIKE TO REPEAT THAT?
Yes
LOOOOOOOORD OF ALL NOLDOR

Fingolfin best elf Feanor's a cunt

This is probably the most depicted fictional scene. There is so much art of this, it's great.

Yeah it's pretty great

I fucking love John Howe.

>Morgoth preparing a sick nasty elbow drop on the gay elf boi
>BUT WHO'S THAT ENTERING THE RING
>IT'S
>THOOORONDOOOOOR

Found another

Given how the book basically zigzagged between dry historical statements and long lists of names, and the odd bit of text from his notes that had the ring of a real book to it, a lot of characters didn't have much space to have personality, to be fair. It was all assembled from his notes, not published in the form he'd have wanted.

I assumed that was going to be an RKO OUTTA NOWHERE joke.

I sort of like that it reads more like a history book, or even the Bible, than a traditional novel. I will not deny that it can make for some dry reading though.

How can one man be so based?

Strict roman catholicism and refusing to break from Latin in Mass.

WWI and an education in linguistics

I like finrod, fite me

I dunno man, Tûrin's got a pretty good tragedy going.

I'm also pretty hype for the release of Beren and Luthien, although fuck if I know how different it's going to be from what was published in Silmarillion.

>I'm also pretty hype for the release of Beren and Luthien, although fuck if I know how different it's going to be from what was published in Silmarillion.
I just hope it stays as having the one happy ending in the whole Sil.

>read Fingolfin
>start hearing Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill)
Good job you bastards, now I'm going to end up listening to Blind Guardian all day.

Here: youtu.be/ZB2g60oQD4w

Save you the trip.

Who's the bae?

I'LL DARE YOU

COME OUT

YOU COWARD

>I'll
Pretty sure the song is in the present tense there

yes, and?

This is either refuting the myth that germans speak better english than native speakers or confirming it with an exciting new use of the contraction of the future tense I will that is deepest grammar lore. I don't know which.

Anyway has anyone played The One Ring?

Hurr forgot to even link right. My bad

I wonder if this is some sort of metaphor for how Tolkien and his wife were really kinky in bed?

That's probably Sauron and Thuringwethil there. He always self inserted them as Beren and Luthien

Themselves, rather.

The point is, the real sign into their weirdness was how he replicated his first seeing his wife dancing in a meadow with Beren and Luthien.

This is a Blind Guardian thread now.

Sure. Curse of Feanor or Mirror, Mirror vote now

Mirror Mirror

I'd have said that till I saw them live, and this was the first time they ever did Curse live and it was amazing. I have a special place for it in my heart now. They added it to the rest of that tour, but Atlanta was as far as I can tell the first time they did that song live anywhere ever.

Sure. Here's their whole show at Wacken this year

youtube.com/watch?v=bdzv7uJGt_o

How did people feel about Beyond the Red Mirror? Aside from a few songs I just couldn't get into, I actually feel like this might have been their strongest album in a decade. I feel like it isn't superior to Imaginations, but is a pretty cool pairing with it. New live album coming next year sometime too which I'm pretty excited for. I was at one of the concerts they recorded possibly for it, I wonder if anything at our show makes the cut to the album. The venue kind of had some shit tier acoustics which I fear may preclude that.

That reminds me. What was different between The Children of Hurin the accounts in the Silm proper, other than not having to read about Beren and Luthien between the part where Hurin is captured and the part where we start to read Turin's story?

I think some as of yet unpublished sections of text where it became like an actual book rather than...the Silmarillion recounting. I own the damn thing but can't find it, otherwise I'd give a specific comparative example

it provides the scale of what the legendarium is perfectly.
everything we see in LoTR is literally a paragraph at the end.
It makes for some heavy reading.

>I'm also pretty hype for the release of Beren and Luthien, although fuck if I know how different it's going to be from what was published in Silmarillion.
What?
when?

Soon

>fingolfin
>blonde

> Túrin
>Fucks his sister
>Is depressed
>doomed
>Trying to avoid his fate.
> Pale shadow of his father.
> Daddy issues.
> suicide's
> still ridiculously badass
Found the real dark elf.

I love to Imagine Turin getting stuck in Gondolin and ruining everything with Maeglin or possibly becoming good friends with him and imploding as their destructive natures feed off each other.

Distant Memories was top tier

Saw them in September and they played Imaginations From Te Other Side in its entirety.

I also caught a signed setlist.

Faggot unbelievers will be smote when I post pics.

Sounds gay

My favorite off of it was Prophecies.