These guys invade the last setting you played in

These guys invade the last setting you played in.

How fucked is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gIbVYXHnaBU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know. Whatever happened to the Androsynth, anyway?

>Orz invading 2060s Shadowrun

Oh shit the Horrors came early this time around!

Hey, it\'s fine. We're all happy campers, here.

They made very good *sauce*

while it's great, didn't we have this thread literally ten hours ago

I am say best word *frumple*. Maybe you do not know.
*Frumple* be *round* and yet *lumpy*. So bad!!!
The asking about Androsynth is so *frumple* we are not happy.
Do not asking it so much.
It is better not to *frumple* or else there is so much problems.
No more Androsynth is better.

they already have

To answer that, pretty boned when they finally get bored.

You can send an away team to the Androsynth home world, there you find cities that are intact but without any people. A researcher from the away team finds an Androsynth FTL research facility and tries to figure out what happened, then he starts screaming about how "it found us", destroys his notes and his body is then found still being cut apart by something invisible.

The Arilou cryptically say that they've altered humanity's "smell" so that things "below" don't find humans. Arilou say they're from "above".

Orz don't want to talk about it.

Personally I think the Androsynth Event Horizon'ed their entire civilization while trying to make better FTL drives, and whatever thing is "below" reality can find people who simply know it exists.

Would make for a great weapon though, plaster ships with copies of the research notes and broadcast the data on all frequencies while near the enemy. One of them is bound to see/hear and spread the information to the rest.

Think of it like in Stranger Things.

"below" is the black backing underneath the game board. Or "Upside-Down"

"above" is the plastic laminate on top of the game board.

And realspace is moving on the gameboard itself, not perceiving that there was a laminate or the backing layer all along.

They probably all got devoured.

Still should be possible to weaponize "things man that was not meant to know" if they act predictably. Something that can bypass any possible defense and can be triggered by someone just knowing of it's existence has to have lots of practical applications.

Building the labs researching it a good distance from inhabited worlds would probably be a good idea though.

On a recent playthrough I found you can actually get the Orz to vaguely hint what they did to the Androsynth, as long as you never actually ask about it directly. Just choose the other available options repeatedly over several encounters. Eventually, this:

>I will tell again the many *pieces*. You do not know *special things*.
>Here is some. *Time* is not one but many.
> *Space* is many. *Colors* are many. You are so *sticky*.
> You cannot *slide* like Orz from *outside* to *inside* and *in between*.
> It is sad, but Orz can *pull* the *campers* after being *connected*.
> This is soon.
> Orz are trying to *pull* the Androsynth, but they are so *silly*, they do not want.
> Arilou can *slide*. Also Taalo. Many can *slide*, but Orz are better of course.

My interpretation is that the Orz attempted to bring the Androsynth to their dimension, but something went wrong for whatever reason and now the Androsynth are "stuck" in a dimension between dimensions.
Of course that's just a guess.

But what if they convey this information to you? Any accidental contamination could cause the exact same catastrophe you wanted to inflict on the enemy on you.

Consider that this is much more prevalent than a computer virus. Data files, sound, radio waves, and even just a word or short sentence written on a piece of paper or scrawled on a wall can open you up to contamination.

What the *lumpy* did you just *spit* about Orz, you *silly cow*? Orz have you know orz graduated top of my *fingers* in the **HYUIVBHJHG** , and Orz been involved in numerous *parties* on the Androsynth, and Orz have over 300 confirmed *dissolvings*. Orz are trained in *picnics* and Orz the top *GO! GO!* in the entire *heavy space*. *Bubbles* are nothing to Orz but just another *camper*. Orz will *see* you the *sick* out with precision the likes of which has never been *smelt* before on this Galaxy, mark Orz *juicy spurt*. *Silly cow* think you can get away with saying that *time joke* to me over *pretty space*? Think again, *silly cow*. As we *spit* Orz are *squeezing the juice* of spies across *the middle* and your *house* is being traced right now so you better prepare for the *dancing*, *bubble*. The *dancing* that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your *bubble*. You’re *jumping**chased**silly cow*. Orz can be anywhere, anytime, and Orz can kill you in over **surprising toys** *become*, and that’s just with Orz *fingers*. Not only is Orz extensively trained in *dancing*, but Orz have access to the entire arsenal of the **untranslatable** and Orz will use it to its full extent to *dissolve* your miserable *bubble* off the face of the *level*, you *silly cow*. If only you could have known what *below* retribution your little"*jumping in front*" was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your *game*. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you *silly cow* Orz will *fun* *dancing*all over you and you will *change* in it. You’re *fat**frumple**dissolve*, *bubble*.

This is gold.

Everyone dies. Everyone.

Well, taken that it's a medieval *silly cow* europe setting an those *happy campers* have spaceships mindrape and interdimentional gimmicks, they are all *sauce*.

Somebody earned themselves some Internets.

Cut off enough of a person's fingers and they bleed out, right?

Nice. Real fucking nice.

Can somebody explain these limes/crabs/squids to me? What did they do?

Weren't the Orz servants of the Eternal Ones in the latest game?

This. Explain.

We don't talk about the non-existent third game

you should really play star control 2 for yourself and experience it. The Orz are some of the best aliens in fiction.

Basically, the lime squids you see are projections into our dimension. Take the flatland idea and push it further.

wuzzat

I'm a filthy newfag who doesn't even know what game is this stuff from, but I had some keks

Ah, they exist on more than three physical dimensions and we only see a 3d slice of them. I ran a game where the antagonists worked on this conceit.

>newfag

More like underagedb&.

Depends. Is the invasion a friendly one?

Who are you? You are not Orz! We are Orz! Orz are happy *people energy* from the outside.
Inside is good. So much good that Orz will always *germinate*.
Can you come together with Orz for *parties*?

user, this is going to make you feel old as fuck, but Star Control 2 is 24 years old. This kid could be 20 years old and have been born long after the game was history, and still be able to post on Veeky Forums.

Kinda shows how far gaming's come as a medium.

Also, your translation machine struggles to translate what they're saying, and so does its best to try and translate things.

youtube.com/watch?v=gIbVYXHnaBU

>posts the "HD" art
Vomit.

Has anyone ever worked out why the Orz 'word' for anger means 'to wrinkle/crumple'?

Do you want to know something funny user
my GF turned 24 yesterdayi am 7 months younger than her
Still no excuses to have not played the Star Control games, with so many emulators about

>with so many emulators about
Or Ur-Quan Masters.

>no excuses to have not played the Star Control games
I've got a good excuse: I hate the genre.

>I've got a good excuse: I hate the genre.
Then really you can go read the wiki
also stop not liking what i like

>Kinda shows how far gaming's come as a medium.
*issues of ethics in reviewing video games intensifies*

>*Frumple* be *round* and yet *lumpy*

Best I can figure, *frumple* is more than just an emotion, but also a physical state of some sort. But since the Orz exist in more than 3 physical dimensions, your translator computer has no word to accurately describe this state, and so it throws in a best-fit instead.

Something like this but four-dimensionally: