Are any of you going to pay the subscription fee for Tabletop? Do you even watch it anymore?

Are any of you going to pay the subscription fee for Tabletop? Do you even watch it anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pHckKckhBYc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nah highrollers is better and free (if you want dnd)
other wise you can find that other shit else where with just as good production

They'd have to pay me to consider watching that tripe.

>protecting her drink from date rape drugs around Wil
Smart girl.

Fuck no

top kek they actually want money for that shit

fuck that

I watched a single episode of that tripe. The only way they're getting me to pay for anything is if they castrate Wil Wheaton live on stream.

>paying for Shill Weaton acting like a braindamaged chimp along with the back attachments to his strap-on collection

>Go to check up that shit show
>They actually had the Fine Brothers on it

Lynch Wil Wheaton, it's the only way.

>Fine Brothers
Aren't those guys con artists? lol

>pay to watch fuckuglyday and a washed up child actor desperately cashing in on what little fame he has play Veeky Forums related games

Are you high? Why would you even watch this shit in the first place?

>along with the back attachments to his strap-on collection

When I did watch it, I tuned in for the guests and the game than I did him. So I can't imagine wanting to pay money for what is essentially a celebrity advertisement of a boardgame.

Hey now he's happily married to Mum-Ra with tits

>paying to watch any singular internet show
>about people playing D-and-fucking-D no less

I'm hard-pressed to find a worse use for my money, and I started buying GW minis this week.

I don't really understand the appeal of Wil Wheaton

Didn't he just play a really annoying character in Star Trek?

Why do nerds like him?

I used to. It helped when they brought in minor or even bonafide celebrities or people who are actually amusing.

But it feels like lately, it's just family members, their own network members, or internet/Youtube celebrities who really don't have a whole lot of charisma/comedic timing. So it's gotten super boring and/or annoying.

He's good at marketing himself, on top the novelty of "Hey look, it's that guy who played everyone's least favorite Star Trek character."

>asking money for that shit
People make higher quality content for free, why the fuck would I pay them for this kind of garbage? Hell, I wouldn't even pay for a higher quality content, because it isn't really all that good.
>inb4 "they put effort into it"
Nigga, recording a game and cutting shit for 10 minutes in sony vegas isn't "effort", it's a hobbie, because those are fucking traditional games. That's like saying that making let's plays for vydia is effort.

No and no.

There's no way in hell I'd pay to watch that shit. It was okay to watch a few episodes to learn about some board games that I could play with my friends and family that aren't fucking Monopoly. Other than that, I would fucking rather not. I have never really liked any of the personalities they have on the show. And I really don't like Felicia Day. She's not enjoyable to watch.

I find the show good DESPITE that douche, not because of him. He's forgotten he's the punchline for a joke and has gotten to taking himself far too seriously.

I only watched it to see how the games played. As soon as I found other alternatives I stopped. Wil Wheaton is obnoxious as hell.

Reminder that this was a thing youtube.com/watch?v=pHckKckhBYc

I'd watch a weekly run with extremely elaborate costumes and set design, and paid actors.

Kinda like a television sho-

Oh.

Never watched it to begin with. I'd ask for opinions and wheter I should consider checking it out, but I know I couldn't bring myself to watch something with Wheaton in it ever if everybody swore that it's the best thing since sliced bread.

She looks like his mom. Now that's creepy.

Geek and Sundry seem to think that people are coming to their channel for the celebrities (as in Wheaton, Day, Mercer, and the guests they have on) which is why they think it's a good idea to put shit no one cares about behind a paywall. Geek and Sundry's real cash-cow is Critical Role, but they think it's because of the celebrity voice actors on that show that people are watching/listening to it. Also has the right idea. I have an inkling that Mark Hulmes comes here sometimes

No and barely, it's what really helped me and my friends get into boardgames form an mtg background but I know enough about current games and what I enjoy to not really need it anymore. I watched part of the lanterns episode, haven't watched the champions of midgard one.

Really sucks that they put it behind a paywall, and it's really not even their fault. They got bought by a parent company named Legendary that is doing all the bullshit like delaying Tabletop from July to fucking November and putting shit on a fucking subscriber website. People will go for shit like Critical, but the entire point of Tabletop is to showcase celebrities people might know having fun playing boardgames. It's not the best representation of rules or the game itself, but it shows normal or semi-normal people having fun doing shit people would otherwise think was Monopoly or Clue tier bullshit. Putting it behind a paywall is just going to kill the show.

Nah. Shut Up and Sit Down is infinitely better and more useful for my review/advertisement needs.

Not worth paying for.

I don't hate Tabletop. Some episodes were fun, although I couldn't watch any of the episodes where it was obvious some of the celebrity guests had no fucking clue what they were doing. Not even just 'new to games', but 'actively ignored the rules explanation and just fuck up'.

Karen Gillian was really disappointing in that respect. She's a great actress, but fuck was the episode with her in it bloody awful.

Felicia day getting bored and deciding to do cutesy random bullshit rather than actually playing the game is also annoying as fuck whenever it happens, like her whole stupid roleplay with a zombie in a game which contributed to her team fucking losing.

Ah yes, the good old Ghostbusters defence.

If it has a female protagonist in it then any criticism means you're sexist.

>pay to watch people i don't care about play games
Why?

I'll watch the episodes but I'm not going to pay to watch it early. We've already waited for years, do they really think two months will change anything?

They don't play DEEEENDEE

Haha it's terrible. Especially considering all the criticisms toward rogue one (which there are none so far, so wtf wheaton) and TFA are not that the main character is female.

But no, as soon as we say we don't like these movies, that means we are woman hating bigots who are trying to keep the female down in hollywood and support the wage gap.

That is one hot mom though!

>Any tabletop show featuring a woman
>Five seconds in she clings to some stupid NPC
>All of her in-game comments revolve around this like she's overly attached
>DM describes something about the NPC, female whines out " OH NO MR FLUFFLES" and disrupts play because not enough attention

I feel like this is a common thing. Anyone feel the same?

If I ever meet this guy in person, it will be a monumental feat for me to hold back the inevitable
"Shut up, Wesley!" that must come to my lips.

It seems to me that they are trying to recycle an old concept.

When the internet started and shit like this was rare, it was mostly found on pay-sites. But just imagine that the internet didn't occur, this would probably be the next step in VHS-home video rental series, where we as nerds could now not only read about our hobby, but also watch it on video!

It happens a lot in actual play podcasts.

Wil Wheaton is a cunt. Felicia Day rubs me wrong for some reason, too.

I don't like geek and sundry as a whole, I wish Critical Role would break off and form their own thing.

Am I an enormous casual for liking critical role? Long time lurker, first post on this board.

Nah, people generally like it save for a few people on the show (the guy that played the dragon character for a while for instance)

I liked him while he was there, but I can understand why they gave him the boot, he argued with matt and other players alot about menial things and got real angry pretty often.

Apparently he's doing well now, but I don't keep up with it.

If only we could all look so good at her age

No.

I tried his show before and it was really bad. If I want to watch people play/talk tabletop, there's better choices out there.

I think it's real nice of him to refrain from reproducing.

Do you think they roleplay Wesley and Beverly Crusher together in bed? I bet they do.

this tee bee haich

I have disowned Wheaton forever for his bringing his politics into gaming.

Good god yes.

It does. Not limited to one channel/group or girl either, it's a universal thing. It fucking pains me every time I try to see a playthrough of something and the token woman has to interrupt the GM to run her stale joke into the ground once more.

Wait, is Critical Role going behind a paywall aswell?

Don't think so, it's just crap

Nothing on this planet with Wil Wheaton or Felicia Day in it can ever be good again.

At best Wheaton is an SJW. At worst he is a white-guilt ridden self-hating cuck with oedipus-complex.
Felicia Day is even worse tho since she became a gold-digger and started shitting all over her fans and jumped on the FEMINISM bandwagon to prolong her 10 minutes of fame.

That's fucking disturbing.

I have no adequate picture to display my feelings so have an insane Spider-Man.

Oh sweet jesus, that's amazing.

I don't know who those two are or what there is to pay for, so probably not

One played the least popular character in Star Trek as a child actor and acted like a complete little shit behind stage. His only other acting job was as the least popular extra on the Nerd Blackface program. Went Full SJW.

The other is some youtube attention whore and 3rd wave feminist.

They have since set themselves up as the King and Queen of all things Nerd and honestly think they and they alone hold the keys to Nerdom.

I used to watch it back in the day. Every fucking week. Once he outed himself as the pathetic worm of a waste of skin he is I stopped.

I don't understand the fixation with watching other people play games, whether tabletop or vidya.

Like, I get it if it's a a tactical tutorial or something, but I don't get the desire to listen to someone like Markiplier screaming for hours.

It's also really pathetic how people start to think of these internet personalities as actual friends.

I don't get it either. It holds zero appeal to me to watch other people play board games or RPGs.

Well, tabletop gaming is a collaborative storytelling experience, so I think for most people who follow people who play tabletop games its a matter of watching the kind of cool experience of seeing a collaborative story come to life in real-time.

One of them is hot though.

I guess what I find appealing to others playing vidya is to observe their skill and see a demonstration for a game that I can't buy anymore or am holding off from buying for myself until I see if it is any fun. There are some good let's players out there with actual commentary instead of going "AH FUCK WHAT IS THIS HAHAHAHAHAHA FUCKING KOJIMA" but they are unfortunately the minority.

With tabletop, it really needs to be carried by the players' personalities though. If they are a bunch of retarded memelords that act like spastics, I just go to a different video. If they are doing a consentrated effort to create an interesting story, I shall sit and observe.

After all, TTRPGs are about creating a story and if it's good, I don't need to be playing to get engaged.

I follow Hafu on twitch, she plays Hearthstone. I follow her because I like having her stream in the background because she has a chill voice, is competent, and she doesn't scream and spaz 24/7 like an absolute retard, and Hearthstone is a calm and comfy game. It sucks when she is co-streaming with another streamer that is annoying as shit, like Amaz for instance. I would follow Forsen as well, if it wasn't for the cancer.

Sounds like a good enough reason to keep ignoring them

I do it so I can learn how different systems play by watching people play them.

Except it seems most groups homebrew things heavily or just flat-out ignore the rules when they feel like it, so that's an exercise in frustration 9 times out of 10.

It's basically TV to me, but that's with vidya games

I like video games and tabletop games but I don't like playing them so I just engage the hobbies vicariously.

he would just jerk it to other guys doing her.

PEOPLE PAY MONEY TO WATCH OTHER PEOPLE PLAY TABLETOP GAMES.
IM SORRY BUT WHAT?

Some people find amusement watching millionaires throw a handegg up and down a field, some people find amusement watching other play gaems.

I don't enjoy watching sports either, it's really pointless.

Nice quints.

The point is people find some things amusing that you don't.
It's a single though.

Fuck naw. TT was okay and something for the background for s1 but then s2 rolls around, Wil's more of a dick and then he throws some production guy under the bus because they weren't always playing with the rules.

Who fucking cares? Nobody wants rules lawyers half of the time because it's supposed to be with friends. All this does is make me not want to watch the show and with it going pay2watch it's like 'hey thanks for making my decision for me!'

Also, the fact that Wil can be a real prick about losing angers me. Like it's not even just salt, it's fucking near-tantrums. S1 had this but S2 really amped up the 'wil's not only bad at games he's bad at losing them.'

is kim still a part of that? can't stand her or duncan

Literally what?

It has Felicia Day in it so it must be garbage.

Let me guess, it's about a bunch of people playing fake D&D and being oh so wacky, with occasional relationship stuff thrown in?

wait wait, this is subscription only now?

>>"You're walking on a road when suddenly two orcs appear from the bushes. They don't look overly hostile, but still have their hands resting on the handles of their weapons."
>>"Uh...I uh..."
>>Checks character sheet for five minutes.
>>"Uh..um I no, wait."
>>DM tries to maintain a straight face but you can see how painfully awkward this is because the girl didn't bother looking up rules, actions, etc.
>>"I throw my knife at him!"
>>Que forced laughter from white knight orbiters for five minutes.

I've never actually watched HighRollers, but Mark is a really cool friend, so yeah go watch him.

>Camelface
>hot

U w0t m8?
Also she gets plowed by some old rich guy for money.

They did some writing for Mass Effect 1's planetary descriptions if memory serves.

Here's an old article of theirs regarding women in tabletop from around 2004?

>Also, the fact that Wil can be a real prick about losing angers me. Like it's not even just salt, it's fucking near-tantrums. S1 had this but S2 really amped up the 'wil's not only bad at games he's bad at losing them.'
Do you know any example episodes where this happens? Those are the only ones I would enjoy watching.

Develop your hypothesis

I too would like this. A few webms with him losing his shit would be great.

Does she really? Last time I checked she was making couple grand a week just attention whoring herself via various channels.

>Acknowledging Wil Wheton
>PAYING to be subjected to him
I wish I could say I was surprised, Veeky Forums

I'll third that. I hate the little fucker and his ilk.

No, and yes. I'll keep watching whatever's free, but I see no reason to pay for what are basically fancy game reviews.

Honest question, I really do wonder this and will accept whatever answer I'm given: How do you stand anything with Wil Wheton in it? He just comes off so smug and off-putting to me. I knew guys who acted like him in college and everybody just avoided them like they had lice.

You do NOT need to be pretty to be successful (as a woman) at that.

I don't understand the fixation with watching poor people compete against each other to move balls around on television.

Like, I get if it's an exercise tutorial or something, but I don't get the desire to watch someone like Jackmerius Tacktheritrix throw a brown egg across a field for hours.

It's also really pathetic how people start to think of themselves as members of those teams.

There's only a few things I'll watch playing.

For board games, it's when I get a new game and the rules aren't teaching me how it works. I'll watch a few different videos of different groups of people playing the game to try and figure out an interpretation of the rules that would work for the people I'm going to be playing the game with. For example, I couldn't figure out Roll for the Future from the written rules. So, I watched a few videos of people playing and it was a lot easier to grasp.

For vidya, I'll watch Game Grumps in the background, but that's because I would listen to Arin and Dan talk about basically anything. There's a few other channels I'll watch because they're genuinely informative about games that I'm interested in. I think that Chuggaaconroy is a good example of that. He's a fun personality to watch, but I'm actually really impressed by how dedicated to imparting information about the games he's playing. I won't watch all his content, just the games that I'm interested in.

>is kim still a part of that?
Yep. Her role-play has improved slightly shame Jiutóu is a boring character now.
She even hosted two "horror" one-shots.
They weren't very good.

>mfw reading through that

Oh hey its the old "THE REASON MORE WOMYN ARENT PLAYING TABLETOP IS BECAUSE YOU ARENT TREATING THEM LIKE THE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES THEY ARE!"-Shit.

The sense of entitlement it takes to fucking say "You have to change the game for women to join" instead of "Adapt yourself to the rest of the game like all other players" is beyond rage-inducing.

If you want non-DnD stuff you could watch some of the Rollplay shows on itmeJP's channel, I'd recommend Mirrorshades, Swan Song until Piani crosses dimensions or turns into crystal or whatever the fuck happened & Dark Heresy. West Marches is kind of a mised bag due to the constantly swapping PCs, and I'm sick of D&D/PbtA so most of the newer shows are kinda crappy to me.

Silly user, women can't be entitled. Especially middle class White women. Don't be racist.

Why? When I want to watch people play table top, I'll just go watch Acquisitions Incorporated. It's free, they make asses of themselves, and it's currently 100% Wheaton-free.

Holy shit that's creepy. I never noticed that.