Still no oops all spells addition

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art (Updated through Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra)
sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Blood Moon Stompy variants
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)
>Deadguy Ale
>Landstill
>Affinity
>

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Non-Eldrazi Moon-less Stompy variants
>Spanish Inquisition
>Ux Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eSUYWm0P6ms
geb.ebay.com/g/ImportHubViewItem?itemid=311357806578
mtggoldfish.com/articles/instant-deck-tech-angel-moon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Non-Legacy player here. How do y'all sleeve and shuffle your $1000 decks?

>addition
triggered

You double sleeve if you are paranoid. Consider, however, that my legacy deck is my deck for life. I don't care if my cards lose value because I won't be selling them; I'm playing with them. I just treat them like any other cards.

It's a pun because I didn't add oops to the decks list

If you don't win on turn 2, suicide or make a new deck?

Apropos of something in the earlier thread, I'd played a Counterbalance-less Miracles casual deck for a bit around early 2013, and someone had asked what it had in it. Caveat: I'd never intended to play the deck competitively, and I wasn't thinking of the Miracle cards as anything but value cards in a shell based on other stuff. The shell was something like this:
4x Gitaxian Probe
4x Serum Visions
4x Ponder
4x Brainstorm
4x Thunderous Wrath
4x Temporal Mastery
2x(?) Devastation Tide
4x Wee Dragonauts

I didn't have any Tops at the time (and I've only got one now), but those would be a natural inclusion. Dragonauts would probably be better replaced by something like Swiftspear or that Izzet guy some Delver lists are playing these days. Throw in some countermagic, Mentors, and (maybe) Terminuses, and that'd be a start. Anyone ever tried anything like that in a competitive setting?

Also sad there's no All Spells in the lede again. Make Legacy great again! I didn't vote.

I double-sleeve, but I do it wrong (both sleeves facing the same direction). Not too worried about the cards, though. If one plays with cards, one should be prepared for them to receive some scuffings.

With All Spells? No, just wait another turn and once they overextend, Therapy naming Force of Will and combo off.

So what are Veeky ForumsLeg/'s Dream Decks? What would you put together in Legacy and/or other formats if money were no object? In b4 "all of them."

I really like Painter, S&T, and Reanimator. Painter just looks like one of those decks that could only exist in Legacy (a red contol deck that turns everything blue in order to win). S&T and Reanimator both do stuff I've just always liked; bring out boss dudes for cheap and go to town.

I've been wanting to put together TPS in Vintage (proxied, because I'm poor). Just built a terrible Commander deck—commander is either Atogatog or Cromat.

Well I've always wanted to build miracles but I already have that done. I've always wanted to play and build
ANT
Esper Stoneblade
Shardless BUG
And Pact-spanish Inquistion

I double sleeve, ultra pro tight fit and then matte black dragon shields over top. Will always double sleeved expensive decks from now on since one time I spilled coca cola all over my miracles deck and the second set of sleeves saved them

I double sleeve. Any old perfect fits work for the inners. I like Dragon Shield Mattes for the outers. I shuffle fairly gently. I have a special technique.

I've seen images of your deck, dont lie to us

>upside down ultra pros

Double sleeve, shuffle as normal, if a little more carefully.

KMC inner sleeves, dragon shield matte outer.
I riffle my lands deck and Tabernacle because fuck you.

I already have everything for my favorite decks in Legacy

I guess if I had to pick another one to just fall into my lap it would be Aluren

My real dream though is a Survival unban.

Found an eBay listing for a full-foil Dredge list, ends in 4 and a half hours

4 ichorid
4 putrid imp
4 mana confluence
4 faithless looting
4 cabal therapy
4 careful study
3 breakthrough
4 gemstone mine
4 cephalid colosseum
4 Lion's Eye Diamond
4 Bridge from below
4 Golgari Grave-Troll
3 Golgari Thug
4 narcomoeba
4 Stinkweed imp
1 elesh norn
1 iona
1 Dread return
1 flame-kin zealot

2 firestorm
1 ancient grudge
2 lotus petal
4 abrupt decay

Reserve is at 1.3k, SCG prices put it at 2K
Should I try and get it?

My deck isn't (wasn't) $1000, but
Dragon Shield Matte
KMC Inners

Everything in the listing is original set, Ichorids are signed by rk post, putrid imps are jap foil, the firestorms are signed by artist and the ancient grudge is jap too
Oh and it has a few RK Post Zombie tokens.
I'm gonna bid, and if I win get a personal loan. YOLO.

honestly, if money were no issue, if probably just pimp the rest of my deck as much as possible. beta duals, foil foreign onslaught fetches, all that shit. and white-bordered elves.

single sleeve because i'm not a soft cunt like everyone else.

I changed my ways, pal.

still sleeve them upside down

The reason I double-sleeve with both sleeves going the same direction is that I've had a devil of a a time getting the KMCs into matte Dragon Shields when they're going in opposite directions. Creased sleeves, etc.

You have to sleeve stuff slightly differently in Dragon Shields, look it up

There's a technique that works well for me. You put the card in the innet sleeve, then push that just a bit into the outer sleeve until it would get fucked up if you push any more. THEN pop the outer sleeve open a bit, put your finger in and lay it on the inner sleeved card. Use the extra surace area to push the card in without the inner sleeve getting fucked up. Be firm but gentle.

this
what's so hard about not having drinks near the deck?

Fucking do it bitch.

Update on this
1 hour left, still winning at exactly his reserve
Let's see if I get sniped.

Well I'm not going to bid so good luck.

KMC and KMC perfect fits.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be mad. It's currently $2000 of cards at $1350 (USD)

>What are your dream decks?
Vintage: Shops/MUD, Oath, and Monastery right off the bat. Top three decks (excluding Dredge) in a format built to do dumb stupid stuff all the time. Plus I really like Oath of Druids.

Legacy: Deadguy Ale, Stoneblade, Show and Tell, Lands, ANT, and Lich. I don't know how to play ALL of these decks to their maximum potential but I do know I like playing all of these decks. Except maybe ANT. I'd have it just for giggles.

Oh hey Dredgeguy
With the dredge list I'm bidding on, how would you change it, and what SB cards would you reccommend?

Guys I won
Time to get a loan!

nice.

Move Elesh and Iona to the side, focus on the FKZ plan in the main. Up the Dread Return count by 1 and jam another Golgari Thug. Unless the list is miscounted that should put you at 60 cards main and 11 cards in the side.

Up Lotus Petal and Firestorm to 3 each, though you don't have to do this if your meta doesn't have a lot of DRS and combo decks. I straight-up don't like Abrupt Decay at all in Dredge but a lot of players use it so that's up to you. Either go full playset of Ancient Grudge or cut the whole thing and add 4 Nature's Claim. The latter is better against Leyline and RiP, the former is better against Grafdigger's Cage.

For Dread Return packages in general I like Iona, Elesh Norn and either Ashen Rider or Blazing Archon. The former is better against Lands (Glacial Chasm, Tabernacle) and the latter shuts down Eldrazi and creature-oriented strategies.

Tl;dr
>MAIN
Iona and Elesh to the side
+1 DR
+1 Golgari Thug

>SIDE
-1 Ancient Grudge
+4 Nature's Claim
+1 Ashen Rider or Blazing Archon
+- Lotus Petal and/or Firestorm

FKZ should be in the main while the disruptive reanimator targets should be sided in.

This is my list that I had written up before, with a couple of changes to SB

You can safely cut a Dread Return. 2 is all you really need in the 75. Up your Golgari Thug count to 4 if you do.

It's not but the extra sleeve helps protect the cards from damage more

maybe it's just me, but I feel like double sleeving somehow looks better. with the slight extra thickness, my cards just look snug.

Now that I just got home and looked at my deck, yeah I think your right. Deck looks and even feels way more important and cool than my other decks

I don't double sleeve my modern deck. It's not worth as much but I don't want it to feel like it's as cool an important as my legacy decks.

>hue cards

Yeah I only double sleeve my legacy deck, thought about triple sleeving it a couple times. Then I remeber my friends triple sleeved deck... and how it's harder to shuffle then a double sleeved commander deck

quick Q
is there any way to tell if a black lotus is fake? me and a friend picked up 8 boxes of cards today and we found one, looks really damn convincing that we thought it was real at first.

found a ton of other good shit, gonna trade later with him.

You could always try the bend test, shining something simple like a phone light under the card to see if it has the signature blue wavey ink. I'm sure there is more ways but you can always try out your Googlefu. I've had a judge check out all my old expensive cards to make sure they are real, could always try that too if you have a judge near you

ok, ill bring it to my next fnm for them to check

You don't need the Putrid Imps. I haven't run them in over a year, and on the rare occasions I dig up Dredge for a weekly, I have no trouble without them (i.e., any problems I have aren't as a result of not having PImps).

Maxed Ichorids, Thugs, and Breakthroughs are really important. They increase your odds of blowout dredges and decrease your reliance on mulligans and Narcomoebas/Bridge from Below. At this juncture I'm not running Zealot, Iona, or Elesh Norn in my maindeck. I only run one Dread Return main, but I keep 2 in my sideboard.

The difficulty of going with the FKZ plan is that the cards that facilitate it decrease your consistency. That doesn't mean you shouldn't run it in your sideboard; it means that, unless you're in a T1-combo-heavy format, you probably will benefit more from consistency than you will from the inclusion of Zealot and his pals. I run a Griselbrand and a Dread Return maindeck, but I'd probably cut G-Brand if I could find a black creature that's more versatile. Griselbrand lets you dredge out everything (EVERYTHING) and win, but you often don't need to do that any more than you need a Flame-Kin to sandbag the opponent.

I've never liked Firestorm, but I know that I'm in the minority on that position. I've been testing sideboard Force of Will occasionally (3x; I'm penniless), and it's good.

Excellent taste, good sir!

Objectively correct.

Current listenings: youtube.com/watch?v=eSUYWm0P6ms

Holy shit I haven't been here in months. Surprised doomsday guy is still making threads. Good job lad

Thanks senpai. I think I still make the most threads but we have several other dedicated legacyfags who do too. Definitely the best general on Veeky Forums

>Dude on Cockatrice is looking for someone to help him test ANT vs Eldrazi
>I copy/paste a list from a recent legacy league 5-0 on MTGO
>Proceed to win every single game except for one because I accidentally mulliganed

It's a complete joke, Eldrazifags explain why your deck isn't on complete autopilot and how it actually rewards playskill

>how it actually rewards playskill

It doesn't against Storm.

I can see arguments about how it does against other things, especially its really terrible matchups (Lands, Painter, Reanimator).

Generally, though, it's a pretty linear and simple deck to play. T1 Chalice/Thorn/Chalice and Thorn; T2 Thought-KNazi, T3 Smasher and the like are essentially just value plays that beat value decks like Jund or Shardless. Having access to "you don't get to play Magic" cards is the only thing that puts it in the Legacy universe, and as much as I think those are awesome cards (however much they screw me), that doesn't make the deck any more than a testament to terrible design.

I'd play the deck myself if I had the money, just to try it out, but yeah...

>double sleeving a commander deck
People do this?

Good to see you too my dude.

One of my friends double sleeved his EDH deck, but that's because it costs about as much as a legacy deck.

I bought perfect fits accedentally thinking they were regular old shitty clear sleeves, so I decided to sleeve my $270 Gitrog deck

its my most expensive, I don't even play legacy :'(

Personally I'd double sleeve any deck worth over $350, or $500 for EDH, but I'm both poor and clumsy.

Thought this would be the best place to ask

My neighbor gave me some magic and 40k stuff and I'm trying to identify a lot of it

I don't have the space to keep all of it, but the piece that was most interesting was the 1995 deckmaster box. Open and disheveled, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a resource for finding complete deck lists for things like this. That and if it's even worth trying to sell, by piece or as a lot

Stupid question: is there a magic the gathering equivalent to YGOpro?

So, Deckmaster doesn't actually mean anything, they were going to have a "Deckmaster" line of card games that are all different, but they ended up making it expansions for MTG.
On the individual cards, along the right-middle of the card there's a symbol, you can identify the sets by that symbol. The 1995 sets use the symbols in pic, with the snowflake having the better cards of the three.
For individual card prices you're best looking at a site like TCGPlayer or StarCityGames

MTGO (Magic: The Gathering Online) is the official one, $10 signup fee, and you need to pay for events and packs.
XMage is unofficial and 100% free, with a proper engine for priority, and everything else
Cockatrice is also unofficial and free, but it's all up to the players to handle the rules.

Ah, I see
Maybe I was a bit unclear, but by deckmaster I was referring to a specific box set like this and I can only find one set called just "Deckmaster"
I was hoping to find a list of cards in the set so that I could sell it off all at once (whoever had it before just used the box to store all of their cards I'm guessing as there are a few editions mixed in)

For the most part however, there is no set symbol, so I'm thought they belonged to this specific set or something
I know fuck all about mtg and I'm sure it shows

geb.ebay.com/g/ImportHubViewItem?itemid=311357806578

If you're seeing if you can flip something off of ebay, you don't need to lie about it.

it was just the first picture I found when googling
I'm really just wondering if there's a place I can find a full list of cards for this set as I don't even know what to call it as it lacks a symbol

It's turn 1 and you're on the play. Tapping your Underground Sea, you cast Cabal Therapy targeting your opponent. What do you name?

Easy Mode: They have red sleeves.

Normal Mode: Your opponent did not actually look at their hand before deciding to keep.

Hard Mode: Your opponent watched the end of your last match. He mulligans to three during the first round before conceding, and now in round 2 has kept a hand of seven.

Lunatic Mode: You're playing Vintage and your opponent's deck is in blue Ultra-Pro sleeves.

I'm no expert but those are either cards from Unlimited or Revised, I believe. Search the cards on TCGplayer and look at the prices for those sets. I don't know how to tell the difference, I only know that white bordered symbol-less cards are usually from those two sets. Old, but probably not worth much.

Try again.

Care to elaborate?

Those sets are from 1993/4 I think, and these are 1995, so I don't think it's either of those

>I'm no expert

I mean, I did warn you

The guy who thought the cards were from the "Deckmaster set" is actually more correct right now than you are.

Do you have any useful information or are you just going to keep telling me how terrible I am at magic?

What would that be called?
It's not a set, but it is a predetermined "set" of cards from a specific box

It should be basically effortless to figure out these cards are from the 4th Edition Gift Box which comes with two random starter decks. All of the cards are from the 4th Edition set.

For some reason I thought 4e cards had set symbols. Also, I didn't know they had gift boxes back then, I guess you learn something new every day

Guys I need a shitbrew and it needs to be modern legal

mtggoldfish.com/articles/instant-deck-tech-angel-moon

I got you f a m

>DDFT Guy asks about shitbrews
>excited I get to post my Aetherflux Reservoir deck again
>"modern legal"
Stop ruINING MY FUN

Actually I was thinking about trying to brew a modern aetherFlux deck. But I should probably take this to the modern thread

Easy mode: Brainstorm or Bolt, depends on how I'm feeling,
Normal mode: Git probe/Street wraith, blind keeping 7 tells me theyre on Manaless.
Hard mode: Mindbreak Trap
Lunatic Mode: Null Rod

>Lunatic Mode
I name Flandre Scarlet and combo off with U. N. Owen Was Her? blasting in my ears.

>Hard Mode: Your opponent watched the end of your last match. He mulligans to three during the first round before conceding, and now in round 2 has kept a hand of seven.
Probably LED. I think most turn 1 kills and nut draws probably stem from that card.

Does anyone here have a stereo typical type of player they hate?
I personally despise the try hard commander types who jam in as many combos as they can. Wouldn't you rather have fun in this unique format or are you just going to bring down everybody else because you want to win?

inb4 legacy players

Can any of you guys explain to me how this cards works? If I play it does it go into my graveyard after use it, like an instant, or can I use it each turn?

Assuming I'm playing Doomsday...

Easy mode:
Force of will. I'm a combo deck and I don't really try to get in people's heads pre-game.

Hard mode: they're probably on manaless dredgeSo name gitaxian probe.

Hard mode: I'd still think manaless since he let me have the play. BUT here I think i'd name force again since we're post board and I'll get at least 1 more turn.

Lunatic mode: name doomsday. Only madmen use ultra pro sleeves.

Read the card. You pay 8 mana and tap Aladdin's Ring to activate its ability. Whereabouts does it say that you have to sacrifice or put it into your graveyard afterwards? That's your answer.

I play Loam Pox and I've been looking around for stuff to stomp Miracles as there's a bunch in my metagame, and I decided I want to try Contamination out.

I do have one question though. Can anyone explain how Contamination interacts with Riftstone Portal?

It would go by timestamp. So if you got Contamination out first and later on got Riftstone Portal into the graveyard, Portal overwrites Contamination's effect. The reverse is also true.

To stomp miracles as loam Pox lad you need Garruk Relentless or Worm Harvest :3

It's so... beautiful!

He wouldn't dare...

>white border Lotus Petal
Tilting

T I L T I N G

Hey /MTG/ I'm just getting back into mtg after a long time. Is my green deck still any good? What are some good green ramping cards that have come out recently?

How about now?

I hope you rot in hell for all fucking eternity.

M A X I M U M T I L T
A
X
I
M
U
M

T
I
L
T

You are mistaken. Timestamps are not relevant in this situation. Contamination's second ability does not apply in any of the layers. It is a replacement effect.

The ritual is complete.

You fucking mad man

Just listening to Ne Obliviscaris and defacing some magic cards. Nothing to see here!

>defacing
I think you mean "improving"

I think so. but SOME of us don't understand