Does the political version of "magical realm" have a name of its own ?

Does the political version of "magical realm" have a name of its own ?
Any of you have stories of encountering such thing from a GM or player ?

(to explain to any whom don't understand the pic, This is a great video game which I am enjoying but I keep getting strong Feminist vibes from it all the time)

>Does the political version of "magical realm" have a name of its own ?
Personal utopia

Thanks user

This is only tangentially related but I wanted to say:

You know how you're like "it's weird that this game has feminist vibes?" If you're a feminist you're going around all the time thinking "it's weird that this thing I otherwise like has anti-feminist vibes."

It's kind of like when I'm playing an FPS and I realize that I'm playing a fascist game where the creators are clearly jerking off to guns and killing brown people and it's just an uncomfortable feeling.

Anyways, hope you continue enjoying the game, OP.

Except with FPS, you knew what you were getting into. It's more the attempt of being sneaky about biases and then claiming they don't have any that is objected to.

Pisses me off more than anything else, up to and including actual magical realm.
>Yes, we get it, Squeenix. HFY.

Sounds like you're playing shitty FPSs, bait-chan.

I just thought the word was 'anvilicious'. It I guess that's less specific.

After looking at the picture i wantaed to make a comment how it is misogynistic to have a female as the biggest tyrant depicted in the picture. But i guess the bait is already cast.

>After looking at the picture i wantaed to make a comment how it is misogynistic to have a female as the biggest tyrant depicted in the picture. But i guess the bait is already cast.
Literally how is that mysognistic? If she really is the biggest tyrant(ess?), then yes, she should be portrayed as it.
I guess if she did nothing wrong and it's not played as a plot twist (you thought the person on the cover was a bad person when they weren't)?
You truly are a master baiter.

Its not about being sneaky. Where does that come into it? You can be magical realm on the sly or boldly, it doesn't change whether its magical realm or not. Same for political stuff.

Plus if you went to the creators or CoD or whatever and said 'yo this game is mad fascist' they would probably deny it just as much as, say Bioware, may reject that parts of their game are just feminist masturbation.

"We're just depicting real issues"

Anvilicious is naughties nerd speak and shouldn't be used by anyone in conversation, let alone as a noun.

>CoD or whatever
What FPS do you actually think is Fascist and why bait-kun?

Not OP but wanted to chime in. I am playing that game too right now, enjoying it, but also having the same feeling. You are right, feminism is uncomfortable.

The picture says Tyranny and it looks like those heads are of the BBEGs and usually i nthat kind of pictures the one who is the most evil is depicted as biggest to show it, and here it is a woman. Creators just had to be bigots and depict a woman in the most negative role.

It's not a woman though
That is a hood, not long hair

Naughties nerd speech?

Let's assume for one minute that the largest figure is in fact a woman, and not a man with long hair.
If she is, in fact, the worst person in the story, she should be portrayed as the the worst person. Whether she's actually a woman or not does not play into how evil her theoretical actions actually are.
Why does the person in the worst role being a woman somehow reflect negatively on all women?

ftr I'm , was by someone else.

I don't mean literally capital F 'Fascist'.

But the military worship and nationalism and America Fuck Yeah and celebration of extrajudicial hit squads on foreign soil and the use of spooky evil foreigners and all the stuff that those games love all has considerable overlap with happy fascies

>Why does the person in the worst role being a woman somehow reflect negatively on all women?

Because you're walking into tremendous bait, child

Just plat Spec Ops The Line then.

You know, I don't think I'll ever convince myself to not take the bait.
There's a sort of bile curiosity that rises up within myself to find out how even the most insane possible people think.
Besides, sometimes it's funny.

It doesnt
Also, it's not actually a woman

the only reason spec ops the line ever was created was because FPSs are so fucking filled to the brim with nationalism

Is there someone who played the game before jumping into the controversy ?

The bad guy over here isn't a woman, and the "hair" are just a hood. And his face is just a mask.

The dark overlord is not shown, but I'm a little weirded out by the fact that they went by great length to tell us that Kyros is neither male nor female, just to call Kyros "she" everytime they talk about "her".

Maybe CoD and America's Army, yeah, but otherwise mostly not.

Can nI play trully badass monster in Tyranny?

Like having people's entire families mutilated except for them for some minor offense? Or forcing monter to pick which of her cildren will be flayed alive? Or forcing parrents to watch as your soldiers play football with their babies?

Does it also allow for greater scope evil like systemiticaly erasing people's culture and forcefully relocating people from their homeland, or forcefiully breaking and reshufling families?

No. It's one of the major criticisms of the game. Tbh feels like Obsidian didn't have enough dev time for this one.

>feels like Obsidian didn't have enough dev time for this one.
Obsidian never have enough dev time for anything.

>Tyranny
>tyrant is actually a fucking saint by bronze age standards

Not just feminism but the forces of international Jewry are very present in this desu. The leader you team up with against the Tyrant is called Seorge Goros and your forces get a diversity bonus to combat effectiveness the more races and genders they include.

I was excited but after that shit I will pass.

>Not just feminism but the forces of international Jewry are very present in this desu.
go back to /p-
>he leader you team up with against the Tyrant is called Seorge Goros and your forces get a diversity bonus to combat effectiveness the more races and genders they include.
WHAT?! Im a fucking leftist and even i think this shit is retarded, why the fuck would they even do that?

I have not played this game but I suspect/v/eddit is exaggerating when they call this game feminist.

Why?

>Seorge Goros
Nigger how could you possibly fall for that?

>but I keep getting strong Feminist vibes from it all the time)
>published by paradox
>made by obsidian.
gee. I wonder why.

Yeah but now they can't say it's the fault of the producers so they don't have excuses anymore

Yeah, maybe the point? Bit of a let down though?

And that's bad?
America is the greatest nation on Earth, why not be proud of what our ancestors have built and what we continue to contribute to?
Anyone in a decent country would understand this.
Do you live in South America?

Tbh the best way to subvert the CoD formula would be move back to the WW2 and make the player character a nazi soldier.
>advance gimmick tech that gets only used once or twice - check
>muh nationalism every-fucking-where - check
>gunning down russians - check
>instant controversy - check
>chance to recycle the same battles for billionth time but this time in a fresh perspective - check
>foreign military adventure of questionable morality - check
>no need to include more than the token amount of non-white guys on your side - check

Plus who doesn't almost instantly switch from using shitty allied weapons to using glorious reich/soviet weapons in a WW2 game? Also the fascist perspective might just be enough to stop the multiplayer from being flooded with 8 year old kids.

How do you fall for such obvious bait

>America is the greatest nation on Earth

>America is the greatest nation on Earth, why not be proud of what our ancestors have built and what we continue to contribute to?
If by greates you mean the most warmongering and with more warcrimes done than fucking stalin than i can agree with you

"I think it's stupid."

>make the player character a nazi

Can't see them ever doing that. Baseline German grunt, maybe.

It literally is.
Greatest strength, greatest influence, why are you speaking English on the forum?
It's not because of England.

And I'm not insulting England, those guys are our greatest allies.

Like Red Orchestra and DoD?

I could see that work out. Imagine a redemption plotline that starts when he refuses to partake in the retaliatory mass execution of a Russian village or something.

Redemption plotlines are shit.

More subversive would be an alternate history game where the Nazis aren't defeated, but the Third Reich was a short-lived state like the East German regime, it's attempts at autarky failed and it did not have a sufficiently dynamic economy to survive in a global market composed of nations that hate and fear it.

>Greatest strength, greatest influence, why are you speaking English on the forum?
It's not because of England.
Actually it is, english became the dominant international languege thanks to england, if not for their empire episde we probobly would be speaking french right now

Well in most international organisation such as UN french is still used alongside english to help when the texts aren't clear enough

Tunon the Adjudicator, Archon of Law. Pretty far from the 'most evil', he's also male, unlike the titular Tyrant, Keros, whom is never gendered.

Would you happen to know why French is the go to, instead of Spanish? I'm honestly curious, since Spanish always seemed more widespread.

It definitely feels like it has the Bethesda/Lionhead problem where what is promised or the idea of what you can do in the game in no way lives up to the reality. I actually think both this and PoE have been a bit egotistical in outlook, y'know, the particular writer's vision for a story overtaking the game or the idea of exploring a world and character, not just being told about it.

I didn't have any problem with feminism in the game though.

No goy. You should always be ashamed of who you are. You are guilty of original sin because of your whiteness.

You should only exist as a teat from which other people can suckle.
The rest of the world is only a shithole because of your racism.

France dominated Europe for hundreds of years and is in the middle of Europe. The French were an extremely powerful empire.

Because who gives a shit about Central and South America?

Because at a time french was used in most royal courts since :
1. There was a fuckload of french blood in all the royal family and sometimes even just french people becoming king of random countries out of nowhere (see Jules Bernadote, a old rebel who became king of Sweden and litteraly had "Death to Kings" tatooed on his chest)
2. It used to be considered to be the language the cool kids spoke so everybody did it

Now it's used because it really have much less room for interpretation than english. I don't speak spanish so I can't say for sure but I suppose it's pretty much the same but just don't have the same history.
Also french is much more unified than spanish, like just in Spain there's three differents languages with almost the same importance.

(You) here

I have, it was garbage. Written with the subtley of a Hot Topic, and completely undermines itself. The basic gameplay undermines it's own message (it's still WAR FUCK YEAH), and then the scripted parts do as well. You have to do bad shit simply to progress the game and then you get taunted for doing it. It criticises you for killing enemy soldiers who enter the battlefield shooting at you. And, in part because it's just a garbage product overall, there's parts where you actually CAN choose to do things like shoot civilians, but even if you don't the game thinks you did.

Forcing something on the player and then laughing at them for it is moronic non-design that idiots confuse for cleverness. Bioshock did the same fucking thing with Andrew Ryan mocking you following his orders in a game that is a series of corridors and no alternative. Fuck off.

I have to disagree with you, in the first Bioshock it wasn't mocking the player, it was just some kind of joke around the fact that, as the main character, you really had no choice because, as you said it, it is a series of corridors and no alternative.
The point wasn't to be laughed at by the game, it was to laugh WITH the game.

It's because it was the go to language for diplomats in Europe, became that way before the English and Spanish created their global empires. Even after the colonization of the world it stayed the go to language for a long time just because it's easier to stick with what you already have.

Back then, French was the Lingua Franca.
We are the British Empire 2.0, bigger and greater!

No you are not retard, stop trying to make yourself fell good, you just elected a orange as president, your previous president was a stuttering nigger and the one before that was the missing link between men and ape. The american empire is nothing like the british one, no class, no ideology, just bruthis force. If anything you are the barbarians who destroyed rome 2.0

Maybe these little shits here are spoiling which I hope they are not.
But otherwise Tunon does call Kyrus "She" and says "male or female, it matters not. Kyrus is mother to us all". Which is weird and but still doesn't tell us the gender.

>no class, no ideology, just bruthis force.

Just add in obsession with making profit out of drug trade and sexual self-repression and it is exactly like British Empire.

We are literally part of the British Empire that rebelled because you wouldn't let us have a representation.
We are British, in heart and soul.
Also, Nigel and Trump love each other.

The word 'anvilicious', or the context that we're using it in?

alright then maybe you faggots could make yourselves useful and throw yourselves against the muslim threat so we can make Europe great again

>throw yourselves
Trump wants to stop our wars.
Sorry, you'll have to deport them, yourselves.

I'm not talking about the ones all over western Europe but ok

Well they still did the Berlin congress on colony acquisition rules in Africa in French. And that was late 1800s.

Oh.
Well, maybe Russia will help with that.
We kinda just want to get out.

>Trump wants to stop our wars.
So why's he for upping spending money on our armed forces?

Nothing wrong with being ready.
Anyway, if we can make our allies pay for it, defending them would be a good way to eliminate some debt.

Plus it should eliminate some nations' determination to continue relying on US as their sole measure of defense.

The game is pro-feminist in so far as your invading a realm where only one gender is allowed to own property and forcing them to treat both genders as equal under the law.

As for the Tyrants gender, someone could tell me that they're actually a giant flaming sigil atop a tower and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Yeah.

tbf, I think men still have it better in the pre-conquest Tiers. Who needs land when you've got a big enough boat?

> showing only game group in town
> it's 4e Dnd but whatever
> GM keeps to the 4e edition points of light material allegedly because it's good for short episodic campaigns
>constantly reinforcing the total lack of any big government. Every town is it's own city state
> one-day make a joke to the GM he must be a libertarian
> he gets super pissed for the rest of the evening

I later found out it was simply becuase he had gave up trying to stop the other players from murderhoboing so focused on at least trying to make the setting fit.

So you're saying that a woman is not capable of being the biggest and most evil tyrant around? Fuck you, shitlord.

Well she lost the election, remember?

They meant noughties, as in from the 00s, not like lewd.

I'm only a quarter through the game and I've already done some pretty awful shit.

Of course the game is clearly lining itself up for you to become the new overlord and they will save the worst/best for last so it stands to reason your genocide decisions will be a labor of love that finally pays off when you are new god.

>mfw trying to design a believable setting and one of my players is "secretly" a hardcore furry

If your new species don't have fur he'll bitch about them being unoriginal or "stupid". If you make settings where race matters he'll bitch about me marginalizing "the more interesting parts of the setting". If I make a new race with new racial attributes he'll bitch about me pidgeonhole:ing them compared to humans. And he will constantly whine about the beast races being "underutilized". And when I call him out on his bullshit he'll get butthurt as fuck.

Fucking
Furries
Ruin
Everything

I know that feel

I'm still confused confused, 'anvilicious' is a real word that you learn in English Class and everything.

I didn't really get any feminist vibes off of it. Sure, women are everywhere, but it's a modern fantasy game. Obsidian is going to try to pander to women a bit harder, not only because it's PC to do so, but also because 'fuck it, it's fantasy, I do what I want with my story'.

I actually really liked the game. Playing as an agent of law for the Big Bad was a pretty fun twist on things, especially the instances of arbitration between vexed parties. If anything, I just felt it was a bit short, despite the replayability of it. 8/10 - IGN

That's fucking Tunon, you idiot.

Left to right;
Sirin (player recruitable, a shithead, but not evil)
Tunon, the literal Judge of Judges
The Voices of Nerat, the Edgelord
Graven Ashe, the Irrational, Racist Grandpa
Fuck if I know who that is

Tell him he has three strikes until he gets booted from the group for righteously pissing off the DM.

>extrajudicial hit squads on foreign soil
You really don't understand how even the most basic concepts and words work, do you?

>where only one gender is allowed to own property
Why didn't they make that faction Muslim then?

Just like a feminist to cover for misogynistic Islamists.

Sort of but not really, game is still fun but I did find some examples:
>Found a married lesbian couple in a town and it's totaly normal in this setting.

>In the realm where the game happens women inherit land while men inherit ships so all of the rulers are queens.

>it seems like 60% of an army is always made up of women.

>no one really knows the big bad's gender but suddenly his/her second calls her "she" and "mother to all" while still not truly saying the gender.

>above all there is a beastwomen (from a race of wild huge predators) party member that when she joined the party if you play a man she will remark it as strange that you are "Alpha like me yet you are somehow alpha and male" and when she joins you she tells her 2 smaller "beta males" whom I am not sure if they are her children or cuck slaves to fuck off before she gets mad and they run away whimpering.

Anyone else notice that posters with anime images tend to bitch about furries a lot? Like, I used to think it was exclusive to monstergirlfags because they're always trying to deny being furries themselves, but here we have the common anime poster jumping into a completely unrelated thread with a story that probably didn't even happen just to try and "fit in".

You should've announced that you are furry

I think his name was Bleden Mark, Archon of shadows. he is Tunon's assassin.

It's obsidian, what did you expect?

When they release a game with a normal male/female warrior distribution that has the prevailing attitude towards teh gay being negative (as it, historically, has been)... then I'll be shocked.

>paradox
>feminist
What did they do to Crusader Kings 2 while my back was turned?

The CIA were doing the former in Afghanistan for years, and I guess the Bible Belt is pretty repressed.