Kings of War/Star Shattered City General

Been a while since there was a Kings of War General.

>What is Kings of War?

Kings of War is a fantasy combat game in the style of Warhammer Fantasy Battles. Designed to be faster and more streamlined than Warhammer, it's rules allow for most any army that was previously played to be played.

Rules can be found, for free, here:
manticgames.com/free-rules.html

>What is Star Shattered City?

Star Shattered City is a homebrew skirmish game ala mordhiem based on the Kings of War chassis. It is designed to be better balanced than mordhiem while still allowing the random madness and heroic advancement that can come of it.

Rules can be found, for free, here:
ironwatch.wordpress.com/2016/08/03/the-star-struck-city-deluxe-edition/

>TG Created Homebrew

Ironleaf Kin(In Beta): Elves who have been forced to face rising technology and have abandoned the weapons of their history in favour of embracing a new age of iron.
vb.manticforum.com/forum/kings-of-war/general-discussion-aa/235286-homebrew-army-ironleaf-kin
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bhvUeaOMm80W60WPtaLnzj5c6JfJm5f-nn7GtF3pZbI/edit?usp=sharing

Necrosyrtes(In Alpha): Dark Crystal inspired bird men, corrupt and decadent slavemasters obsessed with arcane power.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1crGS4dIYNFvftRVYebG70xYDeiasORf-SqtqBGwkDlQ/edit?usp=sharing

Go away fishbat

I want to use my 15mm models, what do I need to change?

Not much, honestly. You'll want to either increase the number of dudes in a unit to get roughly the same size OR scale down stuff that's bigger than a normal person to make sure that dragons are not bigger than entire units.

My FLGS uses bases roughly the size of flames of war bases and then convert range and movement measurements from inches to centimeters, seem to work just fine. That's how we play Age of Caesar and Blackpowder with 6, 10 and 15mm aswell.

Why would you give elves guns? Are there even any models for that?

It was long ago back when KoW 2nd edition released and everyone here was hyped and wanted to make themed armies. I think they suggested using victrix napoleonics.

Anyone here actually played Star Shattered City?

I did a play test some lot of months ago. Once a friend come back from a travel I'm going to do more play tests.

because it's awesome

I also know the guy who made them

g'day mate

Ok, that's weird to hear. Hello, whoever you are/However I know you.

Anyway:

Latest patch notes for the Ironleaf Kin since there was last a general for this:

>Added support for playing in Star Shattered City. New unit added for it as the nature of the current list is 'Shits mostly just elves with different weapons of various sorts'. A flying drone that is hard as balls to kill but not a combat monster due to it's lack of ability to get weapons/soul eating making it basically wraith--
>Gave several heroes individual who I forgot to give is previously.
>Made it so that being on a horse didn't reduce your spell options.

Does anyone have a download for the books, specifically the campaign book and the historical book?

>I go you go in a skirmish game
Gross

I will wait for the official KoW skirmish rules in January

Someone else find the League of Rhordia army list inconsistent with its fluff. On once side it says they regect extreme religions but they have a battle shrine in their list (why would you carry a shrine to battle if you don't hold some extreme religious views?); then halfling prefer traditional weapons, but artiller and engineer is done by halflinf, with the master engineer having a rifle.

But the Rhordians do follow a strict ideology, it is just based on open mindedness and science and all that. And tying into their open mindedness and love of science, they do have halflings that use technology while the vast majority (Read, the actual infantry units) stick with standard weapons.

Isn't their religion based on the gods before being divided? If I recall correctly their religion is the Childrens, which was stablished by the priest Rhordia.

So that's why its soo weird for me, its a society stablished by religion but that despais religion extremism and at the same time use religion icons in warfare (which is an indication of religion extremism).

And its also why halflings are soo confusing, because they really have no excuse on not having a unit that use pistols on horses, even if the vast majority of halflings prefer traditional weapons, there are records of lot of halflings using war engins or being engineers, which mean that having a unit of halfling outriders is not that hard.

They despite religious extremism as going too far to one side of the cosmic battle that surround the entire setting, hence their status as a neutral faction. The lack of halfling musket units is more out the fact that few are trained in using them, while bows are common as a lot of halflings use them as sport.

But they are still carring a shrine into battle. I mean it would make more sense if its name wasn't that related to religion.

And the deal is that halfling do have a big roll with gunpowder, from artillery, iron best and master engineers. While the fluff still claim they prefer traditional weapons, reason why I find it weird that the army list reflect poorly the fluff.

Maybe halflings are not well trained, maybe handguns are scarce, etc. But all those is players interpretation of their own army, and my only deal is between what the army lists offers vs what the fluff says.

But they are religious, just neutral as they worship the gods as they once were. The halfling engineers are important, but uncommon as most halflings don't study engineering. I just don't see any real contradictions between the fluff and the list.

It's called Star Struck City, not Star Shattered City.

It is. I am evidently an idiot.

That's not exactly anything new.

as much as mantic's models are kinda crappy with quality i still like them very much like very old GW

Does Crushing Strength or Piercing stack with itself?

If I have magic item that gives Crushing Strength 1 and Crushing Strength 1 in the first place do I have Crushing Strength 2?

Yes.

The only case were it doesn't happen is with over casting bane chat.

I love The Herd.

Thanks. I was looking over Star Struck city and weapons give Crushing Strength but Ogres already have Crushing Strength.

Can we get regular generals again?

I'm getting my ass beat by Elves, and I'm thinking of starting a new army. What are the best anti-Elf options?

Which way are the elves beating you? Fliers or Archer Hordes? Elves do fantastically with both.

Beating flying is more about positioning than the army.

Undead and Ogres are particularly good at countering them, though. Undead turn and surge into combat, and ogres have boomers.

Though by the same token, Ogres are often particularly vulnerable to them due to the ogres themselves being quite expensive. A good number of gobbos to help keep the boomers safe can help fix that up though.

Pathfinder for all units is an amazing special rule.

Ogres also have the blaster. I find that since Ogres only like to deploy in half or two thirds of the deployment zone to concentrate force, the blaster is magnificent at denying a flank at a rock-bottom price.