What are the best cards to put in a Sliver deck...

What are the best cards to put in a Sliver deck? The reason this is it's own thread is because I'm not asking within a certain format, just everything goes. General casual too I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-of-heartstone/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cavern of Souls and Mutavault.

Thank you.

Sliver Queen

That mana cost though. Is rainbow the best way to build a sliver deck?

No, but either way you'll probably want pic related.

No. Go GW or Bant.

>4 Muscle Sliver
>4 Predatory Sliver
>4 Sinew Sliver

Flavor utility slivers to taste
Add 4 aethervials if you want to spend money
A handful of removal spells.
20 lands

Boom, you're welcome.

With my luck I'll end up playing against other Sliver decks and only draw Muscle and Sinew Slivers.

That 'may' condition on Aether Vials makes it so much better. Holy shit.

>I'll end up playing against other Sliver decks
Somehow i doubt it

How many have you seen? I've only played against like 5 people. And no, I haven't ever seen someone play Slivers.

Are they on viable or something?

But that's the point. Make your slivers fuckhueg and beat down. Cheat in more slivers with vial.

Add Phantasmal Image and copy any of those 3 and Make bigger slivers. Add Galerider sliver for cheap flying fuckhueg slivers.

Beat down opponents quickly and efficiently.

Slivers are big fish in a little pond.

They tend to do really well in casual playgroups where wraths and the like aren't common, but to anybody even vaguely competitive they're just "wait for me to overextend and then rape my face: the deck."

So it's like a "still dies to removal" kind thing?

You can't play slivers without the fuckable one.

In constructed, slivers suffer from their own synergy since killing just one of them affects your whole board.
Besides a few exceptions, tribal decks in general are good for flavor but not for good deckbuilding

This is what I'm going to fap to tonight. Thanks.

>tribal decks in general are good for flavor but not for good deckbuilding
That seems like shit design desu

They're a little pricey to build correctly, they get a lot of table hate (if you're playing multiplayer games) and they appeal to a relatively small group of people, from what I've noticed.
Their presence varies wildly by playgroup but they're typically rather scarce.

Pretty much go with 's suggestion if you're looking for straightforward Sliver Flavor.
Personally I went R/G in casual 60 cause I kept building it too strong for the friends I played with and had to tone it down to 2 colors. Then I have a Commander that's 5c.

All hail our Sliver Overlords [/spoilers]

It's partly that. Aside from crystalline sliver, all of sliver's protection pieces are overcosted.

Their other issue is Fish. Merfolk play the sliver's game better than slivers and without color restriction.

>crystalline sliver
>can't be targeted
that's not bad but still leaves them open to a lot of distortion
How about indestructible?

>decks too strong for your friends

I hear that. I play UB Delver (Pauper) and Abzan Midrange (from KTK Standard) at the kitchen table and I'm pretty much unbeatable against my friends. And is not because of skill, they're good players, but they refuse to build decent decks or play anything outside of their pulls from packs.

I've had to tone it down recently, but my inner spike is screaming.

>20 lands
Simian Spirit Guide into Æther Vial
Why would you run land?

Sounds like they are just trying to have fun user. Is it possible that they don't even care about winning?

Tribal typically means aggro decks, so it mostly boils down on speed. Slivers and other tribes may have powerful synergies but they narrow down your deckbuilding options and can be hosed fairly easily. Elves, merfolks and goblins can win the game fast enough to not care about it.

My friend had a deck that he called "Elven Assrape"

Funny, I had the exact same issue. My best friend actually tried to punch me once because I just didn't let him play a single card in his hand. Make a stompy deck or a 8whack variant like I did. It makes everything more fun, both for you and them, and you can keep the delver deck for the tournaments or regular tryhards.

All they do is complain, though.
>why don't I have these cards?
Maybe you should go out and buy singles instead of playing the lottery
>this is bullshit my deck sucks
Maybe get better at card evaluation and deck building? I can even help you if you ask.

And when we draft together, we all end up even. I'm all for playing to have fun, it's the primary reason we play, but when you only have a deck built with a bunch of 2- ofs And Then complain that your deck sucks, it's kind of your own fault.

Just play on your computer against AI. That's what I do because I don't have any friends.

Just stay far away from the Magic Duels

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Goblins and Elves are in almost every set.
Most other tribes have narrow cardpools.

>slivers die to board wipes

How about no?

>paying 6- 8 life to get all that shit back to your hand
>just to play,around my board wipe.

Looks like I'm already winning.

Paying 6-8 life to basically draw 3-4 cards and render your spell useless, nah bro I am winning.

Except you still have no board pressence, have to recast all your stuff, and are down 1/3rd+ of your life total. And my board wipe did its job. So how exactly are you winning in this scenario?

I've seen decent enough Sliver decks in modern. Just expect to have an expensive and painful manabase.

Not the guy you're arguing with, but "2 Life: Draw a card" is a pretty solid effect. The point about no board presence is moot. In most situations, you won't have a board presence following a wrath effect. Your opponent will most likely get the first chance to play something post wrath.

but you're not drawing cards though. It's the same shit that was on the board.

A self proclaimed pro

A man with a well formed opinion

First you cut all cards with Sliver in their name

Then you build infect.

Getting stuff you already know you can cast and make use of is honestly better than drawing blind. At least you know what you're getting. And since the ability is applied to each individual card, you can cherrypick which ones you need most.

It's basically "pay two life: bounce your linchpin".

Your board is getting wiped either way.
Each 2 life puts a card in your hand.

You aren't drawing cards, but you're *only* loosing life.
More to the point, you aren't loosing cards to gain cards.
Which makes it card advantage.

It's card advantage nonetheless

For some convoluted reason that makes me want to jank together an infect Sliver deck

Psionic and Watcher are best buds.
So are Dormant and Hibernation.
Thorncaster loves Venom, though secretly Venom is seeing Striking on the side.
Gemhide is the Queen's favorite, until that tryhard Manaweft came over... once they installed an Intruder Alarm, everyone was happy.
Brood is pretty jealous of Queen, would like to get with either of those fine slivers for an aggrivated assault.
All this time no one questioned Quicksliver Gargantuan, who just wanted to hang out with Might and Megantic.

If your playing blue, try mesmeric sliver. Fateseal is awesome. And the sliver cycling one is the fucking tits. And if you are playing against another sliver deck check out plague sliver. Pair with dormant sliver for the ultimate butthurt. Put in crystalline and sliver overlord for protection .

if your thing is edh, i saw this deck once on tappedout tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-of-heartstone/

thought it was cool but very expensive

That's is pretty much Pauper Slivers.
Anyone interested in this list should go with Pauper.

That's why you run Collected Company, if you're in Modern and Sliver Hivelord if Commander.
There are no reliable Boardwipes in Pauper, but you'll have a hard time overextending. Probably unplayble in Legacy.