/CAF/

Let's talk casual as Fuck, I'm talking take a shot everytime a creature dies, I'm talking 30/200 land ratios, I'm talking black lotus, I'm talking dollar store pack drafts. Fuck legacy, standard, modern, and touch yourself because this is for the MTG players who just want to have fun on a thursday night.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/flood-of-mud/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for go big or go home.

Those are some vicious fuckers, with some counters you could make someone pull their skin off with those

Big
Flying
Trample
Shroud

What's not to love?

I don't understand the purpose of this thread.

Do you not understand the rules of other formats?

Why not just build a casual EDH deck and play it for fun with your friends? That way you can use all these fancy cards to actually win you the game with a reasonable strategy.

I mean you're still playing within the rules, just you aren't limited by card regulations as far as what's allowed and how many. You still abide by the appropriate many cost, counters, tapping, ect. Realistically, if you made a deck that was 100 ulamogs say, and the rest mana, you'd lose regardless because that's fucking ridicules so you're still playing by strategy

Because EDH is not normal magic and it is usually far from casual

>baseless opinion
Sorry your meta sucks friend, sounds like you don't have a good playgroup and have little understanding of the format.

Literally what. You're saying you can have any number of copies of a single card? That's just retarded and no one is going to support this terrible idea. I understand that banlists are arbitrary and unfun, while buying playsets can be expensive and fruitless, hence why EDH as a format makes sense. But what you're describing is just silly and pointless. You might as well not be playing magic at that point.

that was a metaphor, I don't know card limits but I have balanced decks, I don't see a problem having a blue deck with five or six counters

Sure is a lot of badfun in here.

>Little understanding of the format

Mate, are you trying to convince me that EDH is normal Magic? It even has his own fucking rules.

I'm not talking of meta or that kind of shit, I'm talking of the feeling of playing with 20 lives, no singleton, no commander shit

That wasn't a metaphor at all. If anything it was almost an analogy. The point is, with a format like that, it's hilariously easy to break, and completely fruitless for anyone even remotely experienced to play. Rules are important because they provide structure and organization. In a format like that, you just need to cherry-pick your 6 best cards that will win you the game every time and that's the end of it. I'm not saying it couldn't be fun with friends, but what I am saying is that no sane person posting on this board with any experience in magic would give a shit about it.

>And today, user gets mad at nothing when he misreads a post.
I'm trying to convince you that with their snowflake ruleset, casual play is more accessible than other formats, and generally more budget conscious.

if shit's on a similar power level then I don't mind, but all it takes is one escalating player to completely skew things.

It's why I stick to Pauper.

well that's logical, speaking metaphorically, if your deck tries too hard to only have 7/7's and nothing to hold them up, you're going to fail. I don't look at the standard, modern, edh rules, but I know enough about building a balanced deck, choosing a few cards to focus on, and then having the cards to hold them up and leave room to make sure I can live long enough o get them out and clear their path. Don't just assume that because this isn't within a standard set of deck building rules that we're mindless, this is basically a thread for people who just bring a deck to a friends house and play, my deck might be legacy while there's is standard, we don't care that they're built within different margins, we just play, and in my experience it's how well the player can play and not get land screwed that determines how well they perform.

>this entire post
That's called casual. You play with the established rules of regular magic, such as established minimum card numbers, and regulated quantities of of individual cards, but since you're playing with your friends, you don't need to pay attention to the "meta" or various rotating banlists.

I am assuming you're mindless because you don't know that fundamentally standard and modern are the same format with a different banlist. The rules are identical, you still use the post-damage-on-the-stack rules list, the only difference is that modern is more expensive because it has a larger, older, and better card pool than standard.

Not wanting to buy playsets or listen to banlists is fine, but whatever you're doing is just playing calvinball with magic cards, and while that's neat, it's not worth a thread here.

Yeah, it sucks. I've been playing xmage for a long time and now I know what it takes to build a competitive deck, and I like to build decks that I could bring to a FNM if I wanted, but it means I couldn't play at a kitchen table with my friends anymore because the decks are too strong.

Sucks, dude.

just get them to play Pauper. it's cheap, but still lets you have a streamlined list.

> casual

the thread's called casual as fuck. . .

For some reason that user is trying to say there shouldn't be a maximum to cards.

Play 20 Cancels if you want.

The players around here don't really care about a max of cards, not even the pro guys, but with that you learn pretty fast that the more cards you have, the easier you are to get fucked up because of how long it makes you take to do something. I'm pushing it with my blue deck being somewhere between 80 and 90

What...

Do you understand anything about the fundamentals of magic? Ideally, you run the lowest number of cards it's legal to run, because it gives you the highest chance of hitting something that wins the game. The more copies of a card you shove in there for redundancies' sake, the less likely you are to hit the other parts of your deck that you need.

>90 cards to a deck

No user, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking having more then 4 of a single card.

>44 lightning bolts
>16 lands
My new casual deck, what do you think?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

For that much money, you could build a t1 standard deck.

>people actually think casual = 'ignore the 4-of rule'

Well how else do you have counters in your deck? I've got 4 negates in my blue deck

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/flood-of-mud/

4 is fine, four is the legal number for copies of a card.

You just use other counters.

I.E. Cancel, Mana Leak, any other counters.

Hell, if you can't use them, use soft counters like Unsummon.

There are so many things wrong with this deck, I can't possibly express them all in words.

Just to let you know, you've basically built a commander deck. The only differences are: a) you haven't selected a monoblue commander, b) six cards have more than one copy, and c) you need to throw in like 20 more cards.

If you want to run a counterspell deck, look up different counterspells that you can run 4 copies of. For example, Force Spike, Counterspell, Force of Will, Spike Tailed Hatchling and Summary Dismissal are all different types of counter spells you can run 4 copies of. The same is true for removal, ramp, creatures, different types of lands, basically anything you could want. Try picking a few things you want to run, run 4 copies of them, and cut your deck down to about 60 cards and I know you'll have more fun.

The funnest way to play is 16 player EDH planechase with random archenemy schemes given to one third of the players.

You forgot randomized Vanguards.

I like slapping on whispersilk cloak and dropping goblin assaults