I normally main Tophat, but I want to into Thimble. What's the optimal stat distribution...

I normally main Tophat, but I want to into Thimble. What's the optimal stat distribution? Anything I need to know to get good? I have experience playing the dog, if that helps.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/tFWgt2Fy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Top hat and thimble play pretty much the same except for the brim. You should be fine.

Iron dominates the meta, only battleship contests it in serious competitive play. I don't know how you could even considering "maining" tophat within an iron-dominant meta.

Who /shoe/ here?

Can't belive they nerfed the dog again. He started out neutured and, with these latest updates making him even worse, they should just put him out to pasture.

Game is shit without homebrew

Sure, Tophat sucks in the late game, but if you rush down enough property early game you can end it before Iron really gets a chance to snowball much.

Serious question, are there any good Monopoly homebrews? Any rulesets that make this shitty game somehow fun or interesting? Additions or even complete revamps of the game?

Are you serious? Not being able to buy railroads AND paying +10% on all rent kills shoe before the game even starts. How can you stand it?

Occupy broadwalk was a good one

but it evens out when he is the first one to get to black AND can avoid the rent like a boss

Actually the opposite is true. Nearly every houserule for Monopoly makes it worse. Not auctioning and putting all money that goes to bank on Free Parking are worst offenders.

I never heard of auctioning....

Then you never read the fucking rules.

When someone passes on a property, it's supposed to go on auction (i.e. Every other player can bid, highest bid wins.)

Read the fucking rules then, bitch.

>If the player lands on an unowned property, he or she may buy it for the price listed on that property's space. If he or she agrees to buy it, he or she pays the Bank the amount shown on the property space and receives the deed for that property. If he or she decides not to buy it, the property is auctioned, and the bidding may start at any price equal to or higher the price listed on that property's space. The highest bidder wins the property and pays the Bank the amount bid and receives the property's title deed. Railroads and utilities are also considered properties.

Monopoly is a game about scarcity which is ruined by people trying to make it more fun for kids by adding extra ways no not lose.

1. No free parking money. Apart from passing go and some exceptions in chance/community chest, there should be no random money stimulus in the game. The game ends with bankruptcy and adding more money just draws it and erodes progress.

2. Finite houses. Once the bank is out of houses, that's it. Nobody can build more unless someone sells their houses. The game is called monopoly and there's only supposed to be finite resources available to everyone.

3. No hotels. They were added as a way to put more houses into the game without having to add more pieces, and undermine #2.

4. Selling houses gets you back half the money you paid, not full. Full refunds remove risk and budgeting for the sake of making the game more forgiving for kids.

5. The game ends when one player goes bankrupt, then whoever has the most money is the winner. Last man standing just draws the game out and makes is so the best winning tactic is to passively have lots of money all the time to stay in the game.

I will point out that most if these are actually just playing rules as written without house rules. For more info look up the history of monopoly and what it was like in the 30's.

I last played the game 12 years ago and hated it
never looked back

I just felt sad that i could have gotten a bit more fun from that game and not really bored of rolling and rolling and paying and rolling

I'd be interested in seeing Monopoly Legacy.

Why are there so many tryhard meta fags? Just play the piece you like. It's a fucking game.

Eminent domain rule; if you own the majority of a color, you can force a player or the bank to sell you the remaining lot.

A player can pay $100 to get anyone out of jail. Bail money can be put up as part of a trade.

Chance Cards that move you can be kept and activated at any time provided you are not in jail.

When landing on Go, you may forgo the $200 and move to any lot you own.

When one player goes bankrupt, the player with the highest total wealth (Value of houses, hotels, properties, and actual cash) is the winner. In the case of a tie, whoever owns the most valuable property is the winner.

I disagree with the hotel part, but only because buying a Hotel shouldn't remove the houses.

>the bidding may start at any price equal to or higher the price listed on that property's space
That's about the one thing they got wrong in the NES Monopoly game. The bidding always starts stupid low at like $7 or some shit, so if you had the money to buy it and nobody else did you could just be a massive Jew and start an auction and get it at a discount.

Oh, and this one.

Cheating is allowed, but if you get caught you go directly to jail. If you are caught a second time, you forfeit. If you cannot prove that a player cheated, you go to jail on the first offense and forfeit on the second.

This one results in some crazy mind games where someone would willingly bang themselves up when there is a very real chance they'll land in front of a hotel.

>When landing on Go, you may forgo the $200 and move to any lot you own.
terrible rule,
>Buy Boardwalk, loop forever between your own property and GO.

You can never lose money.

How are you rolling a one on 2d6?

>LANDING on go

Same way this fucker rolls 7 on 1d6

>How are you rolling a one on 2d6?
>Cheating is allowed

>forgo your $200

You also never make money.
(Well, as much money, but my point stands)

I think everyone would notice you moving one spot

Bribery, Blackmail, and Murder.

>You also never make money.
What?

I think you need to get better at cheating, or do the same thing with the other Dark Blue property.

Have... Have you played Monopoly?

WARNING! Do not play this game if you wish to remain on good terms with your fellow players, side effects of monopoly play include but are not limited to: greed despair, rage, arrogance, sudden and uncontrolled erections, loss of bowl control and violent dismemberment of siblings/other players.

This game has been rated T for teen.

>loss of bowl control
Not my bowls.

>forgo your $200 to move to any space you own
>Well, as much money, but my point stands

Can you two not read? You take over all LESS money because you DO NOT take your $200.

Is it a minimal or fair loss? Probably.
Can choosing one or the other swing a game? Possibly.
Is it objectively less money to take the movement option? YES.

FUCK YOUR BOWLS NIGGA
I'VE GOT COMPLETE CONTROL OVER THEM

Yeah, but you're ignoring the fact that you can't lose money EVER.

Art dude the other guy has a monopoly on bowls it seems.

But that's untrue. In that guys rule, you have to LAND on Go to take the movement option. And, barring niche interactions like owning boardwalk and always "rolling" a 1 (or similar situation), it's the same chance as anyone else would have. So without cheating, or incredible luck, you'll be moving around the board normally a good chunk of the game. Where you might lose money.

Saying NEVER losing money is pretty obtuse in my opinion.

>Iron dominates the meta, only battleship contests it in serious competitive play.
I have literally not heard a dumber statement in all my years on Veeky Forums. Iron is at best a pubstomp pick against an incredibly niche meta that doesn't resemble the recent tournament results at ALL.

To OP: Tophat is a decent counter-meta pick, but usually it's better to play the top piece than just playing its counterpick.

I was feeling kinda autistic so here's an actual attempt at a Monopoly Stat point/class system. It's probably not very well-balanced. May post some other pieces later.
Also, steam-engine should say it's only usable at the end of your turn.
pastebin.com/tFWgt2Fy

YOU can't read, you don't know what it means to land on a square for god's sake

>The game ends when one player goes bankrupt, then whoever has the most money is the winner.
does that include the value of your properties or just your cash in hand?

it counts cash on hand, un-mortgaged properties, and the value of houses/hotels on your properties.

>But that's untrue. In that guys rule, you have to LAND on Go to take the movement option.
Look, he was arguing against the decision, not the interpretation of the rule. As such, I was continuing to argue as if my original wrong interpretation was correct as that was the bounds of the argument that had been established.

you arseholes

now i'll be staying up till 4am playing fucking monopoly

Monopoly was never intended to be enjoyed. The Parker Brothers stole everything from The Landlord's Game, and The Landlord's Game was meant to be an exercise in support of Georgism. The Landlord's Game intended to make you angry. If you don't like playing Monopoly that's because it was intended for everyone to hate it.

This thread.
Thanks Veeky Forums

Yes, and? Buttholes weren't made to be fucked but the homos seem to enjoy it.

Wait that's not Yami