Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wYj5o4kQsXs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks like Deviant Art fanart...

That's basically what it is

Moonclan grots best grots

Gitmob, ya git.

We should ask the guy to make an artwork to be our official General picture.

The only good Goblin is a dead goblin.

What would our artwork even be?
A bunch of different races yelling "DED GAME"?
A bunch of crying Wood Elves?

donald trump as sigmar forcing the other races out of his nine realms

Moonclan ya snotling fondler!

Or him literally building a wall to keep out Chaos, like he did.

And he made Tzeentch pay for it.

Gitmob doesn't even have fucking hero units anymore

Thanks GW

Goblin Boss and Grot Shaman?

Gitmob, ya squinty-eyed zogger!

Where's the best place to buy terrain fitting AoS in scale and "Warhammerish", so skulls and doom/gloom everywhere since GW stopped selling most terrain.

So I'm pretty much new to this game and have been playing a bunch of matches with no points, just what I managed to buy, but now my friends want to start using the battlelines restrictions and point systems so they can use the new artefacts of power/command traits stuff.

Apparently Black Knights don't count towards your battleline unless your entire army has the deathrattle keyword? My army is mostly skeletons but I use a ghoul king as my wizard so I can't count my army as a deathrattle army? If I wanted to count the BKs as my battleline I'd have to go without my wizard? That's kind of lame for an army that relies a lot on summoning.

Also what's the point of aligning yourself as a deathrattle army if you don't get the artifacts/command trait bonuses you'd get if you choose to align yourself as a basic death army?

when is the next major aos release and what will it be?

That BK are battle line, as you just said

I think the next release is after the bloodbowl stuff, and looks to be dwarves, elves, or tzeentch stuff

MOONCLAN YA SQUIG KISSIN' DUNG COLLECTA!

Seems a little silly to ignore an extra save and all the great command traits/artifacts available to a death army just so you can bring some black knights. Eating the battleline cost with another unit of skeletons or zombies that you put in a corner somewhere seems like the obvious choice.

What are you working on /aosg/

>Tomb King models

consider myself jelly

My chariot.

I was finishing the blades when I realize I'm not sure if I like it.

Maybe the blades should have been gold?
I've been kind of stuck since then, not sure how to go on.

purple is cool, more "daemonic" and otherworldly than plain metallic.

Way too much (Save meeee)

Is the stormcast paint set a good place to start? Want to try AoS.

Hello guys. I've just come back from 6th edition (or 7th) Lizardmen and I've seen this shit.

While I'm upset, I am not too upset. So, my question is, in terms of AoS rules, what is the best equipment for Skinks? I was doing half Javelins (back in WHFB days, you could swap Strength Value with Ld Value, so a Skink could be S6, which was very good for Javelins) and half Blowpipes.

So, Javelins + Bucklers, or Javelins + Moon Clubs... Or Blowpipes + Bucklers, or Blowpipes + Moon Clubs?

6+ is just awful, but at least Bucklers would prevent no saves at all against most elite infantry. T

Moonstone club and boltspitters get you the most bang for the buck. Boltspitters have nice range and moonstone clubs provide ome mele threat. Shields are kind shit on skinks, even ignoring -1 Rend won't save them in melee.

Thanks bro.

I'm tempted to buy more Chammys.

Also, I'm really upset I can't run my 18 Kroxigor in a Horde any more.

Would be pointless anyway, there'd by no way to get them all into melee range anyway. Units of 9 monstrous infantry are already pushing it.

I know. I just rant 18 in a Horde in WHFB. 54 Strength 7 attacks, with 6 Stomps. Was neat as fuck. Looked cool too.

Also, I've lost 40 Torsos of Saurus Guard. I'm nearly in tears.

Can stormcast eternals be corrupted by chaos? Or are they always pure?.
Reading the fluff and it sounds like they are kinda zombies.

Nobody knows. So far, it doesn't appear so. They can actually perma die though. Their souls just need to be prevented from returning. Powerful weapons or mages can do it. Nagash and Slann could prevent them returning if they wanted.

9 Kroxigor would net you 36 Damage 2 swings and 9 Rend -1 swings. That's arguably better than the old version, inasomuch as the can be compared.
Also, welcome back to the hobby, dude.

What's a good source for more fluff other than wiki and the free codex's? Are the books canon? Are they any good? I'm pretty interested in them. I don't want to draw parallels with SMs but is the the general direction they're going?

It's already overwhelming me. I've lost all these model bits somewhere. Loads of my stuff is unpainted. I never managed to get 9 Slann and do custom bases to represent the 9 lores they could use.

I'd assume the books are canon. But who knows with Black Library. The books are OK, I find Stormcast boring, personally. Though the Clan Pestillens one is neat cause cool Seraphon shit.

As for Space Marines, not really. They're basically the 'Good guy' version of Chaos Warriors. In WHFB, it was Empire vs Chaos Warriors. Latter were 'buffed/blessed' by the Chaos Gods. So to combat them, Sigmar made his own warriors and 'blessed/buffed' them. He puts a tiny bit of his power into them as well. So they're more akin to Paladins, while Chaos Warriors are Dark Knights.

Also, Stormcast can be women. Since Space Marines can't be, they're different in that regard.

That's actually really cool.
Is there an example of female stormcast?
I mostly find black library books really unengaging so if you don't think they're great I won't bother.

The novels are canon. The only issue with them is highly variable writing quality. For example, War Storm, the 1st book in the big series, has 2 decent short stories preceded by a shit one, which turns off a lot of people, but Call of Archaon, the 4th book, is a great look into the backstories of the Varangard (Archaon's personal army of deputised Chaos Lords, so there's some pretty fucking cool backstories available) and of the lives of regular Joe Chaos warriors (insofar as there are such beings) in general.

Just find out what's good and ignore or slog through the bad/mediocre. You should do fine, just do the research first.

However, I haven't actually read the BL stuff. If any anons have, which ones would you rank highly or badly? Which ones are God-tier, which ones are shit-tier, and what's in between?

Nagash was good, the rest is for the most part mediocre.
You're better off reading the Realmgate Wars game books. Basically, it's the same as with th Horus Heresy. The BL stuff is kinda shit in general while the Forge World books are great.

Not yet, no. However one of the Stormcast Chambers was created solely by noble families who defended their homes to the last and called on Sigmar for aid. They got summoned up to Azyr. The words specifically say something like "the men and women were whisked up to High Azyr". So it implied that the women were turned into Stormcast as well.

I see no reason why women can't be Stormcast. They're essentially God Powered Warriors. The "hur dur women are weak -4STR xD" meme might be true, but in AoS it shouldn't matter that much. As I said, we'll see.

I'm sure we'll see one soon enough. I requested this artwork and somebody kindly did it for me, so we can but hope

I like Clan Pestillens one, purely because the Seraphon kicked ass and they seem to be able to talk now. I liked the Lord of Undeath one. It was actually quite lewd. Had a Slaanesh Lord basically wanting to capture Nefereta so he could rape her for eternity. Oh and he 'regained his health' by basically raping sex slaves given to him. Oh and a Tzeentch Sorc basically walked around topless with only beads, you know those South American bead things, covering her boobs. So it was quite dark which I liked.

The rest are just meh. It's best just to read the Realmgate War books as they cover the stories. For example, it explains how Seraphon basically save Everqueen by fighting Skarbrand and his daemon army and the Slann gets rid of Skarbrand, meaning Everqueen, Sylvaneth and Stormcast don't die. Yet in the book Guardians of the Everqueen, it just goes "oh right yeah, these things fight Chaos, lets move on". It also covers other shit and links it all in, which the novels don't. But the novels do add extra info.

>Forge World books are great.

Pretty sure there is no AoS Forge World books.

Reread that post and try again.

ah i got it, im knackered mate, been up for 40 odd hours, cant sleep, no bully plf

Everytime I watch the artworks and scenarios of Age of Sigmar i see those "NOT sci-fi" cities, ruins over ruins, enormous and hyper-detailed fortresses, portals, thrones and whatever.

Even the maps show nothing but wastelands, creepy forests, pools of magma and/or souls and only a handful of heavily characterized cities.

It's cool and all, but... in AoS there are like classic fantasy villages and small cities anymore?

I honestly don't know if this kind of stuff from classic fantasy are still a thing anymore, and I need to know.

Are pestilens any good? I got given quite a lot of them, enough to make this here army, want to know if I'll get steamrolled if I use it! Cheers

Each realm is impossibly vast, of course there are plenty of shitty villages all over the place. It's just that no-one gives a shit about those, because they are inconsequenital.

Why do you guys think of my list, going to use it in a game soon.

Maybe Putrid Blightkings instead of the Bullgors? And maybe try to fill up those 40 points, seems like a big waste.

Can you give all the beasts the Nurgle keyword by the way?

The problem is that I don't own much more than that. I used to play beastmen before, but now in AoS I want to combine what I have with Nurgle daemons and nurgle rotbringers

No the beastmen cannot be given a chaos keyword. But the spawns can

Chaos keyword should be:
>Chaos god keyword

You could always run the Shaman as Morghur or Malagor to get 20 extra points out of them.

And run the Lord of Plagues as Gutrot Spume and boom a round 100 right there.

Is that all painted or just owned?

A few beastmen is still unpainted, nurglings are like 80% done and the lord of plagues is just primed

You can also just skip 1 of the Spawns and get some Putrid Blightkings. That would make for a stronger thematic as well.

Even though it's some of the worst art technically (like seriously, it's BAD), at least it has a richer atmosphere than most AoS stuff

I know but I do not own any Blightkings yet. As I said. I mostly have beastmen stuff.

10 gors won't do jack, ever. Don't ever run them below 20.
10 Bestigors are iffy, too, but less so.
Spawn are okay, and minotaurs are pretty good.
I'd at least consider axing the nurglings to make room for another 10 gors.
Bray Shamen are kinda jank under the new summoning rules, but I guess Bestial Vigor is at least okay to get Bestigors across the table.
Lord of Plagues is a lovely hero (and a great model), but only in a Nurgle army. Outside of Rotbringers he's fairly shit. Lord of War is aces, though.
Also, Daemon Weapon is a shit artifact.

Well since you asked for Feedback, that is my feedback. Skip one of the spawns and buy a box of blightkings.

Thanks for the input on my list. I will take this into consideration when I expand my Nurlge rotbringers and Nurlge daemon armies

Anyone got input for my 1000 pt skaven list? Everything is painted except for the stormvermin which I'm finishing up as we speak.

I also have a Arch-Warlock(painted),1 poisoned wind mortar(painted) and 5 skryre acolytes(just primed) lying around. And a load of other stuff.

>10 Stormvermin
No. Stormvermin suck at ten, don't ever do this. Field 20 or field 30, either is awesome, but 10 and 40 will only lead to disappointment.
Also, a packmaster on two rat ogres is a waste.
The rest is fine.

They are good, but will die in droves and more often than not victory will be a 'by the skin of your teeth'-sort of thing. You'll need a good assessment which units to throw under the buss at which time and you don't really have any big nasties to fall back upon when things go south.
Be aware that you can mix and match banners and instruments even within units, so make use of that, you will rpobably need it.

Why do they suck at 10? In my planned 2000 pt list I wil of course run 20 but do you really need a 280 point unit in 1000 pt battles?

If they don't outnumber their opponent their damage drops considerably. They *will* be shot at on account of their nasty reputation, so they will take casualities, at which point it will get lot harder to proc their bonus.
You don't strictly speaking must have them at 20 or 30, but you're doing yourself and them a disservice if you don't.

How good is the host of Slaneesh? Planning on starting up a daemon army in AoS soon and I am thinking of picking them

Ah okay, well in my small meta I will give them a spin at 10 since nobody has a fcking clue about their reputation. They are all focussing on the WLC (lel) and my opponnents all have small elite order armies.
Thanks for the input though, painting the other 10 will go higher on my priority list.

A nasty punch at breakneck speed, basically. Can't even endure a stiff breeze, but heaven help your opponent if you catch him with his pants down.
Some okay utility, too.

You can have all the Death Allegiance traits and artifact even if you have a Deathrattle Allegiance. You can always choose the grand Alliance even if you go with a sub allegiance

So named characters have a trait or artifact ever right? Even the minor ones like the ones in the Warscroll compendiums?

So even if I pick death allegiance traits/artifacts I can declare a deathrattle allegiance so I can make BK's my battleline?

I don't think so no. Since they tend to get special abilities already. You'll notice traits and artifacts tend to mirror the ones a lot of named characters have naturally, only a little worse usually.

Yes. Even specific allegiances can access the common traits and relics, unless they take any of the specialized traits, spells and artefacts (which only Sylvaneth, Bonespittterz and Beastclaw have right now)

Cool, thanks for the info. I can run full deathrattle now and maybe get a wight king or someone else to turn into a wizard via command trait so I can summon.

Named characters cannot have a command trait or artefact (that includes arcane treasures) but they can be given new spells through a spell lore

Yeah shame it also includes all the 'shitty' named characters. They were quite handy to use when you needed a hero that was 20 points cheaper. And for instance, Lorkhir Fellheart is a way more interesting general than the normal Fleetmaster.

>read Lord of Undead
>stormcast character notes that his undead allies, Nagash and his mortarches, are undoubtedly evil
>he says that Nagash's and the Undead evil is nothing to the evil of Archaon and Chaos. If they have to ally with lesser evil to combat the greater evil, they must do it
>mfw
Justify this.
Since when is Nagash a lesser evil than Chaos? Since when was Archaon more of an asshole than Nagash?

Nagash is basically Skeletor at this point, down to the tendency to shoot himself in the foot. Thus he's less of a threat, as GW can't stop themselves from fellating Archaon.

>Justify this.

Okay

>he says that Nagash's and the Undead evil is nothing to the evil of Archaon and Chaos. If they have to ally with lesser evil to combat the greater evil, they must do it

Nagash wants to rule the realms, chaos wants to destroy the realms. So while nagash is super evil, he has not exactly gone so far as to try to destroy the world.

Heck chaos has the record of destroying sigmar's homeworld so they would be viewed as the greater threat

But if they destroyed the realms then what will feed the Chaos Gods? They need mortals.

>Justify this.
>Since when is Nagash a lesser evil than Chaos? Since when was Archaon more of an asshole than Nagash?

If I had to guess it's probably:
>Chaos blew up the world
>Nagash didn't
>Sigmar allied with Nagash in the past against Chaos and was the last one to turn against him
>No point in pissing off Nagash as well when you already have Chaos to fight

's Chaos. Self-destructive behavior is kinda their whole deal.

So if I gotta make battleline with death using only generic battleline units, who's the best to go with? Zombies, ghouls or skeletons?

I feel like I'd need to get 50+ zombies to make them an effective battleline, and while skeletons aren't so hot on their own they at least hit a little better. Are ghouls worth it? They seem like they'll dish the most damage but I don't have any flesh-eaters to support them.

GITMOB, YA MUSHROOM-SNIFFIN' STUNTY-LOVER!

They will fuck off to a new world, basically chaos in the fantasy setting destroys the world after they are done with it, turning those they like into daemon princes, keeping a core of people, and then go to fuck off to a new world to despoil.

So there is a vested interest for the other factions to work together at least, because if chaos wins the realms will be destroyed/subsumed into the realm of chaos till they are broken down and destroyed in full.

The next starter set I kind of want to see it be Steam head dundain and goblins. Be an interesting redo of one of their older starter sets aka battle for skull pass.

Although to be even more honest, a Death vs Destruction 2p starter box would be even better, since we have an order vs chaos one out already.

nagash is just a mighty asshole. Archaon and Chaos are assholes of APOCALYPTIC PROPORTION

My chaos lord needs a pet, which monster from the "monsters of chaos" faction should I choose for him?

A giant called 'Um Bongo'. He's always thirsty for blood.

He said faction monsters of chaos, not faction chaos gargants. Still a funny suggestion nonetheless

A Jabberslythe called 'Mongo' who is sent into the thickest fighting with his shitty 5+ save and dies every game

Because Mongo only pawn in game of life.

youtube.com/watch?v=wYj5o4kQsXs

Doesn't Jabberslythes have a final laugh against the enemies that hurt it?

Sorta. They jizz acid over anybody that wounds them.

Just read it's warscroll. Do you roll for the acid damage on your foes before or after you take the saves?

>Since when is Nagash a lesser evil than Chaos?

Since always.
Nagash is just some dead faggot wizard.
Chaos is an immortal evil from beyond time and space.

>But if they destroyed the realms then what will feed the Chaos Gods?

Other worlds, other universes.
Not like killing the Fantasy world fucked with them at all.