twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>12 copies of Infect in top 32
>None ever reached top 8
>Tron wins

How tho

Turns out being Tom Ross and packing white SB cards is pretty good

>karn

just play solitaire or something

I'm looking at his list right now. Pretty spicy sideboard. Blessed Alliance. Ravenous Trap.

I can't handle that heat.

There were only 3 copies of infect in top 32 i believe.

>Karn Liberated

IT'S HIS DAY OFF

Thoughts on TKS in RG Tron mainboard? Would you swap out World Breaker for them?

I can't imagine what matchups youd want to see it in. And yoy cant really cast it until you have Tron online anyway.

Maybe in the side? But again, which matchups?

>Skred Red
>A monored deck that just preboards all of its hate cards.
lmao everyone modern is solved
just main all the amazing hate and pray you draw it

Does looking at this top 8 make anyone else want to vomit?
mtgtop8.com/event?e=13974&f=MO

Tom Ross is a fucking cheater, that's how

Yeah, man. MTGO makes me want to vomit, too.

Almost every match of it would have been Lantern Control vs. something.

>6 decks that are uninteractive goldfish decks
>1 of the interactive decks is durdly UW control
Dead format, pack it in boys

Holy fuck that Jund list is bad, what was this guy thinking?

this got joked about in the last thread, but i decided to make it anyway. feel free to tell me how awful it is, or suggest things.

basically Snow Jund without the black

No Relic/ 10

Brewing for the Frontier format. Anyone else gonna interested in it?

4 Ensoul Artifact
4 Chief of the Foundry
4 Hangarback Walker
4 Ghostfire Blade
4 Ornithopter
2 Thopter Spy Network
4 Artificer's Epiphany
2 Inventors' Fair
4 Anticipate
4 Whirler Rogue
2 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
14 Island
4 Darksteel Citadel
4 Tomb of the Spirit Dragon

Go post your shit brew in the shit thread for your shit format

Save yourself the trouble, you're gonna get a lot of shit. Delete your post and start a new thread.

There is no shit thread and I donĀ“t start threads either.

Well guess you're shit out of luck

budget aggro decks that actually build into good decks?

>budget aggro decks
Mono green stom-
>that actually build into good decks
Oh... Idk, burn?

Burn ain't budget anymore. $700+ depending on which fetches you're running.

>tfw you still need two red fetches

You can play mono red burn without guides which is "budget" and then work your way up

>tfw I have everything for Naya burn but only have 3 goblin guides

How's UW Gifts Tron in current year?

can't play relic in the same deck as goyf

Gets hosed incidentally by dredge hate. Can never beat a turn 3 Liliana of the Veil

it's this.

Anyone else thinking about using Eternal Scourge to bring back the classic Strangler deck builds? It seems like two packages that nobody's put together yet that might actually work.

You're right every game of Magic consists of drawing all lands and nothing else.

some formats/situations are more luck-dependent than others

>muh oh no its lantern control meme

It's just an alright deck that does ok. Like to win most of its matchups it has to draw an ensnaring bridge before turn 3 or it dies horribly. Just bring in ancient grudge or play burn and its easy.

I prefer Blue Skred (Blue Moon with Skreds and snow lands). Actually works better than you'd think.

>it's ANOTHER dredge player

No it doesn't. Islands don't help the koth plan

you don't play koth as a wincon, you play UMoon wincons, skred helps with things like resolved goyfs, which moon can often have trouble removing and keeping removed

What does a fairly speedy, but not magical christmas land, Dredge goldfish look like?

Do they kill by 3 at all? I know they could kill by 4 for sure.

3-4 depending on luck and how often they fetch-shock

If you play a scourge devil or rally the peasants the number of turn 3 kills increases dramatically.

>Tooth and Nail

>trying not to die to storm turns into grindfest of trying to top deck a relic or a kolaghan's command

I hope not. the prices keep falling and then I can buy into tron for less. I'm currently running with eldrazi, but Karn, Ugin, and Wurmcoil are so good.

How does eldrazi-tron run? Seem like a 2-2 deck to me, like if you don't get the right lands in the right order youre just DOA

>6 decks that are uninteractive goldfish decks
You should probably end yourself.

why don't you just play on xmage

I can't even remember losing to a Lantern deck. Every time I play against it it's either too slow or their board gets wiped or the ensnaring bridge they're hiding behind gets decayed
and that's BEFORE sideboard
why do people play it?

Why does your Xmage look like it's a pre-schooler version
did u download your card images from autism.de

Probably because most decks don't run Decay and competent pilots can keep you from drawing your outs.

What are you playing on?

>bought a playset blackcleave cliffs for 40 eu-dollars a year ago
>check price today
>tfw

is the demand for those really that high? they're only being played in jund right?

my friends just happen to use cockatrice, is xmage better?

Abzan or Naya for an Evolution deck?

Jund doesn't play it because it needs to get to CMC 4. It's Dredge - and yes, the demand is high. Dredge caps out at 3.

Reminder that Tom Ross is the hero Modern needs. Consistently making top 8 with unconventional lists (Dredge the first weekend, 8whack, GW Tron) is the best way to bring down the price of the format, as it means people aren't all after the same cards. If GW picks up speed, Burnwillows will drop in price. Then Wizards just has to address key irreplacable cards like Lilly, Snapcaster, and Cavern.

How are any of those decks unconventional? People 5-0'd leagues and won local events long before Ross played any of the lists.

None of those people did it on camera though.

So what? The definition of unconventional is not "not on camera".

But Modern is a very expensive format to get into, so no one wants to buy a deck that isn't known to be powerful. This is why Modern has been stagnant for the longest time. Dredge appeared because Wizards just keeps power creeping creatures, but besides that the format is largely the same as it ever was, minus Twin and Pod. But if unconventional decks can make it on camera, that might give people the confidence they need to buy into weirder decks.

I agree that unconventional lists are the way to go. Modern players get so hyper- focused that they never innovate. Especially in local metas, everyone is so stuck inside their own little deck that they never think outside the box. You come up with one outlier strategy, and everyone looses their shit.

Experiment with flex slots, try a different color combination, use unique sideboard options. Goddamn, fucking DO something other than pull your list straight from mtgtop8.

Fuck, I mad.

GBx is the big problem if you ask me. No matter what your brew is, if you're using nonland permanents that are

Conduit of Ruin into whatever Titan you need is pretty sweet since Eye of Ugin was banned. I don't think it's as good as normal Tron, but I haven't gotten to test it in local tournaments yet. I've only played against friends and it's pretty consistent.

>He said something true
>Better tell him to kill himself
Good one

>Jund doesn't play it
You're retarded, every jund list should play it because it allows you to cast bolt or discard on turn 1

Reminder that Tom Ross is the cancer that is killing modern by innovating more uninteractive goldfish decks to turn 3 kill or lock out your opponent instead of playing an actual game of magic.

It's not really his fault that there are no good answers for

>He said something true
Try again.

>waah muh no true scotsman
kys

>2 Lantern control decks
>Titan Breach
>Ad Nauseam
>Zooicide
>A deck that is basically UWR burn
How are those not uninteractive goldfish decks?

Well, I do agree that certain combos make the games far too quick/one sided.

That's why my playing group has its own banned list of cards'n combos. If you don't like some aspects of the game, don't use them!

However, if you're talking about official tournaments, you're out of luck :(

Lantern has no win conditions beyond preventing your opponent access to his, you literally cannot goldfish the deck.
Titan Breach is 50/50, plays bolts and sweepers. Throwing blue in to play RUG Scapeshift wouldn't be that much mmoer interactive, just another type of removal on the stack instead of on the field and everyone considers the latter control with a combo finish.
Granted AN.
Suicide Zoo somewhat granted, plays Thoughtseize and spot removal.
UWR has to play somewhat reactively due to the low power level of the creatures compared to regular burn, Suicide Zoo and Infect, you can't just throw everything to face since the real goldfish decks outrace you every time.

Not everything that isn't 20 lands 20 counterspells and 19 kill spells 1 finisher is uninteractive.

>Making arguments for suicide zoo and scapeshift being interactive

While you don't need 16 counters 6 hand hate and 10 point and click removal to be interactive, inversely you need more than a playset of bolts.

Brew doesn't mean "play cheap shit cards that get blown out by Jund". U/R Prowess was a brew for a long time, just one mtgo grinder playing it, but it took off because it actually had advantages over other decks in the format and attacks at a different angle. Modern is a good format for brewing but you can't just play old GW standard cards and expect to win.

A lot of people seem to think "brew" means "play cards that cost no money, are too weak to out value jund, aren't fast enough to beat aggro, and rely too much on traditional angles to beat control"

That's not modern, friendo :^)

Ikr, people who don't play modern say shit like "dead format, no interaction, no brewing allowed, my 4 color aetherling control deck can't win a game etc." But look at recent results.

>Skred wins a GP
>Jeskai Mantis rider aggro got played at SCG Col by Jim Davis' team with a bunch of good finishes
>U/R prowess is now a deck that pros consider
>Lantern has picked up speed with new printings like glint-nest crane and blooming marsh
>Martyr proc got top 32 of SCG when no one thought that deck existed anymore, let alone in a dredge metagame.
>decks like Mardu nahiri, B/R Eldrazi, 4 Color Knightfall, UB Copter Faeries, UW Draw go, and Sun and Moon have all picked up solid finishes even though most of them have close to zero representation.

Why can't we ever have a Modern, fuck yeah thread?

Because Dredge is unkillable, Infect always wins on turn 2, and Tron is an Aggro-Combo deck

>Tron
>Aggro-combo
Christ Everytime somebody tries to classify tron they get it wrong and it starts a shitstorm. Dredge is an aggro-combo deck, tron is a ramp deck. It doesn't really fit in the control-combo-aggro triangle

That was the joke

I've been trying mono black eldrazi but it feels weak
I think naya Eldrazi has real potential though, I think red gives it more power and reach than blue. I want to try obligator as a two of because it's a fun card but I think it's a weak card in general

Well, shit

Tron isn't a ramp deck.

>A deck that spends the first couple of turns ramping into a huge threat in turn 3/4
>Is an aggro deck
OK pal

Dredge appeared because wizards unbanned GGT and printed Prized Amalgam at basically the same time and never fell out of flavor and is staying solidly at the top of tier 1 despite everyone and their hugs and kisses mother running hate thanks to Cathartic Reunion.

>if (deck != ramp)
>{deck == aggro}

what are you fucking on? also "ramp" decks don't exist, there's midrange combo control and aggro. if you dump your entire hand, it's aggro. if you combine a few cards for a win con, it's combo. if you're consistently dropping mid-high cost threats, it's midrange. if you're controlling and answering the board state until you can play a wincon, it's control.

Tron is somewhere between combo and midrange.

Playing three lands one at a time is not ramp.

Ramping implies it's generating resources faster than other decks, ie RG Valakut decks, since they run Sakura Tribe and Search
Tron is a combo deck because it's "ramp" pieces are used to find the pieces needed to assemble the tron combo. Tron doesn't actually have any ways to get out lands faster than other decks

It is if those the lands then generate a dick loadof mana

Tron is closer to control than midrange since it runs more ways to answer the enemy's threats than it runs actual threats. Karn and Ugin aren't really threats, neither is pyroclasm/return and neither is O-stone. It usually runs 6 threats as finishers but that's not usually it's main gameplan.

4 Towers doesn't generate a lot of mana
Neither does 4 Mines and 4 Power plants
You need a specific combination of lands to get that mana :^)

It's almost like you're completely ignoring that the spells let you search for specific pieces just to be a contrarian faggot

So fucking what, it's still not ramp since you're not dropping extra lands ahead of the curve and the lands don't really do shit unless you have a specific combination of them.

I'm not, it's just that those spells don't somehow make it a ramp deck.

>The only type of ramp is playing extra lands
Wew fucking lads

Was eldrazi ramp when it had ugin? Same principle

>Mana dorks aren't ramp
>Signets aren't ramp
>Utopia sprawl isn't ramp
How can one person be so stupid