WH40k: A whole world full of blanks/pariahs

What would happen if the imperium found a world that was 100% populated by blanks/pariahs? I know it's super rare for even one to be found in a hive world but what if it was reversed on said hypothetical world? What I think is the imperium would try and make an imperial guard regiment out've it for the soul purpose of fighting eldar/chaos.

The Assassin Temples have too much power to let such a valuable asset slip from their hands.

We make it a planet of waifus

well, they'd need a Navigator to get there and that would probably kill or drive any Navigator insane simply through trying to look at it with their Warp eye, let alone trying to go towards it

so nothing i guess

Wouldn't they be safe from anything except the orks and space communists and the bdsm elves then?

50th millennia. Chaos and Nids are fighting over the rest of the galaxy. Humans Eldar and Tau are considered to be extinct, but unbeknownst to everyone there is this little planet off in the middle of nowhere hidden from the warp where the last remnants of humanity live.

This. It's entirely possible a Navigator's already found one and had his/her head popped at the sight. No one would ever know.

More so I don't think they'd go insane by looking at it once, it'd be like looking at the sun. They could get to it and do stuff but the navigators would be uncomfortable around said planet and it'd look like an empty pit in the warp.

At that point if the 'nids found the planet they could theoretically 'nom the warp because they would be immune to that shit.

Then the Imperium would see something previously thought impossible, happy and well-adjusted blanks.

What everyone is saying is true to some regards with the astronomicons dying just from trying to peer into the space surrounding the planet.

But that doesn't prevent tech from peering out towards the planet, maybe hearing radio chatter or transmissions from the population. Maybe although it would kill the astronomicon (he would basically be committing suicide for the good of humanity) just to make a trip he'll never see for himself. Lock up a couple of spare astronomicons in a (warded/blessed) closet with anti-anti-psyker blank scribbles. Voila.

It's definitely dangerous since if the closet trick doesn't work and the astronomics just due anyway you basically stranded the voyage team.

But it'd be funny to see a picture of these astronomics crammed in a trunk

What I'm trying to say is what would they do with a world with a sizeable population made entirely of blanks. Not what the navigators would do when they look at said world but if the imperium just found one by accident.

The navigators wouldn't just die from seeing it maybe they'd get the mother of all migraines or maybe they'd see a blank void of nothing.

No they definitely would blow their brains.

Blanks aren't just invisible to psykers. They are psykers EMPs that make any and all psykick entities to rupture and implode.

Hence why in fluff an eldar force stands no chance against a single blank assassin. Screw table rules.

And seeing how astronomicons project their vision through the galaxy to peer and witness what is out the great beyond, if they sense a few blanks on a single planet they can detect through nosebleeds.
Astronomicons literally die daily. They are even told that and work with their predecessors.

Pic fucking related. Astronomicons are the lemmings for the imperium.

>On their planet everyone is immune to disgust of other blanks
>They get shipped off to join the Imperium in war
>Everyone is suddenly disgusted by them
>They're not used to it, so they end up being sad and lonely all the time
N-no. Not allowed.

Astropaths, the Astronomican is something entirely different.

>they die on a far off planet protecting people that utterly despise them for existing, wishing that they'd never left home

I mean it depends on the strength of the blanks vs the strength of the psykers. A whole planet of even basic blanks would look pretty fucking horrible through the eyes of a psyker, and might pop a few heads, but there might be some strong enough to take in the sight.

Also not all blanks are the Black Pariah. You have people like Jurgen who are just a decent psychic shield, going all the way up to Culexus and Pariahs. A whole planet of Omega Blanks WOULD probably kill anyone who looked at it, and might actually turn into a black hole or some shit.

Jurgen could straight up fuck with Daemons. I feel like the only reason he wasn't made into a Culexus(thank God for him) was because he was never discovered, and by the time he was he was the right-hand man of THE HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!

Astropaths are not navigators.

Navigators still have eyes and can shut the warp hole in their forehead off and on at will. They see through the warp and can channel pure warp energy to fry people from exposure.

Astropaths are psykers bound to emps that are so connected they can sense where they are in the galaxy by ho far away they are from him. They had their eyes burned out from the expirence and see through their psyker powers.

This. Inquisition takes control of the world and send blanks to the Culexus temple in exchange for infinite favours while keeping a few for themselves as members of their retinues. Might even move the whole Culexus temple's headquarters to the world.

>they die on a far off planet protecting people that utterly despise them for existing, wishing that they'd never left home

>If the emperor really cares about me than why would he take me away from my family to fight for people who hate me?
Can't even have chaos to give them comfort.

They'd gather them for Culexus use and possibly refound the Sisters of Silence before exterminatusing the place.

Well jees. Thanks for correcting me.

That many blanks should be enough to replicate their effects on psykers in normal people.

Sure a few hundred would go to the assasins and inquisition, but imagine if an ENTIRE ARMY was sent to a craftworld or to a chaos incursion! The eldar would die before they even had boots on the ground and 1/2 of a chaos army (assuming they use daemons any psykers) would too.

I think it would actually be more efficient to make a Blank Regiment of the Guard. If you managed to outfit some dedicated Navy ships with anti-blank wards, you could have an super powerful anti-Chaos force.

The only problem would be is if they require special ships, they'd be at risk of seceding and either getting Exterminatus'd or joining the Necrons or some shit, since most Imperial citizens would shit themselves when the force rescuing them from Chaos casts a shroud of despair over the planet they land on.

Plus, this population is way too valuable not to recruit an Astartes Chapter from.

Considering a whole planet of nothing but blanks, you'd have enough of the population to fund the Culexus Temple, raise a few Regiments, AND start a chapter.

Of course, I'm not sure if SM's can be made from blanks, on account of all the Primarchs being psychically active in some way or another an account of being the Big E's kids.

>blank astarties
>Magnus' nightmare
>mortarion's wet dream

well i don't know if it will work, but we can try.

>I think it would actually be more efficient to make a Blank Regiment of the Guard

So you think it'd be more efficient to make a regiment from something as valuable as blanks and treat them as normal guardsmne? Spoken like a true high lord, send the valuable blanks into the meatgrinder!.

>An astarties is 1 in a million
>A blank astarties is 1 in a trillion
They COULD but finding a blank child, having him survive being a scout, AND his body not rejecting the organs is a long shot.

Against eldar and chaos not tau, 'nids, and orks. And even then they'd be supported by other regiments.

Actually, Blanks should be effective against the 'nids due to synapse, and against the Orks due to WAAAGH field.

But we have a planet of them.

But the nids would nom the blanks and make blank 'nids immune to the warp and thus removing a great advantage we have over them. Also orks without guns are still 100X stronger than you so that dosen't really matter.

But could blank nids connect to the hive? I mean its psychic isn't it?

Blank 'nids would be an utter non-threat due to no longer having a hivemind, which is a psychic phenomenon.

We've just found a potent poison against the Hive-Mind. It wouldn't end them as a whole, but the Hive-Mind itself is fucked.

Fair enough, but they would be better off against eldar and chaos where one blank can mean the difference of victory or defeat, much less a whole regiment.

I imagine a battlefield that's imp-guard vs. daemons like this

>imperial guard is getting fucked by daemons
>reinforcements show up in chimeras with "Dionysius 1st blank brigade" on the sides
>daemons explode
>imperial guard victory
>20 guys in the chimera
>all of them sleeping or cleaning new las-pistols

Wouldn't it be kind of sick to be part of an army so badass that your very presence made the planets you landed on horrifically depressed, though? There'd probably be some horrible, horrible implications of such a planet even existing, though. Maybe the Warp itself would be beginning to die or some shit, leading to something anathema to life itself.

Blank sergeant:
>HERE WE GO BOYS! Doors open in three - two - o-
>Oh hey, the daemons are already dead. Good work men!
Allied guard:
>GAHH MY HEAD!
Blank sergeant:
>Oop! Back in the Chimera, boys, hurry! Hurry!

> Very presence made the planets you landed on horrifically depressed.

But that's already the Death Korps of Krieg!

Basically. Wouldn't even bother to give them anything more than las-pistols and stubber rifles as depending on where they get deployed the only weapon they need is their presence.

Nah, I'd think the Blank regiment could get away with carapace and an abundance of special weapons given how valuable Blanks are.

After discovering a PLANET of blanks the value on individual blanks would drop, I'm thinking said world would be similar to ours in tech and population. But yea they would get away with better armor and weapons.

There are literally millions of planets in the Imperium. At absolute maximum the value of Blanks would drop to around that of a regular Psyker, and if you don't think a theoretical regiment of Psykers would rate carapace (and literal legions of commissars and attached ecclesiarchy personnel) then you can get out of my face.

Yes psykers need commissars and ecclesial "guidance" because they're ticking time bombs of warp death, blanks are the exact opposite of that situation requiring at best slightly more commissars (blanks from the world) to keep other regiments from attacking them. So yes, they're more valuable so they all get carapace armor, no they don't need assloads of commissars.

I didn't suggest the Blanks needed commissars, only that a theoretical all-psyker regiment would.

Forced migration to Cadia.

>on approach of the world, gellar fields stop working so no warping back away and maybe some problems with the warping out phase
>"oh shit I can't see the astronomican"
>navigators die
>astropaths die
>everyone starts vomiting uncontrollably from the sheer magnitude of the psychic abomination
>imperial mission is stranded, half-mad and without any means of communication or efficient space navigation
>once the bowels have settled, vessels attempt landing
>welcomed by population of blanks in a euphoric utopia where there are no gods but science
>tech is extremely advanced, almost golden age stuff
>oh shit whaddup
>turns out they're governed by a giant superhuman with an incredibly strong blank aura
>it's a primarch
>he achieved his father's dream
>too bad daddy can never see him because he doesn't show on the radar
>rather than going on a galaxy-wide conquest, he just keeps shrouding his world, trying to make it a paradise for his people
>of course they have the means to send the imperials back, but they know that they'll spill the beans and get them exterminatus'd
>imperial envoys are dispatched in an elegant and convivial manner
>life resumes as usual in the peaceful realm of Null

How do you find something that would be invisible to psychic senses? Remember that base full of morties getting poked 24-7? It would work like that except on a greater scale.

Except it's wouldn't be invisible, it would look like a vantablack stain on an otherwise grey-ish wall.

"Blanks" aren't just people with 0 presence on the warp, they have a NEGATIVE impact on it. That's why even untrained non-psykers immediately feel that there is something wrong with them. Missing it would be actually hard, unless it's in the middle of fucking nowhere and/or surrounded by permanent warp storm. Considering how big of a disturbance a planet of blanks would be, maybe the warp all around it is extremely fucked (like water around reef). This is pretty much the only way for them to not have the Imperium aware of what is really happening.

Well technically a blank STARTS at 0 warp presence and descends from there. But you're right, it is cumulative, so even if every blank on the planet was extremely low-grade, the combined warp-suction would make the planet look like a black hole.

Probably not a true space marine chapter, but something like the grey Knights would make sense. theyd be super effective against chaos, eldar, orks and tyranids for sure

Aren't Necrons looking for Blanks as much as the Imperium is?
That planet would have regular Necron incursions looking to get Pariahs.

>jees
Geez, jees are something entirely different.

I think problem would be blanks tend to be reppulsive and garnering anger and hate from others, possibly even from other blanks, may be even so since both parties are reppulsive to each other. So it would be very little population and to create something like a army from them would need a LOT of discipline to make them not kill each other and then a lot of careful manuvering so that all other battalions don't just massacre them.

What about blank commisars?

What if a penal regiment used blank commisars? I guarantee you he would never have to shoot anyone.

The Necron's Eons long plan to turn Humanity into it's personal, Anti-Warp, Waifu species has finally succeeded!

To clear things up further; the blanks on the planet are of varying degrees, Omega level blanks being rare (in terms of an albino person irl) and mid to low level blanks being common. Yes finding the planet would be difficult but if they did I doubt the imperium would extermiatus it.

Riddle me this - would the guys that find it be able to resist the urge to crack the planet from orbit? After all, a large percentage of the population gives off an aura that actively makes whoever looks at them hate their guts and makes psykers explode. Maybe that second one's an endearing trait, who knows?

The Culexus temple would have a utter shitfit and everyone on the ship would be executed. That's incentive enough to not crack the planet.

Most people don't know the Culexus temple exists

But enough people know that blowing up a planet for the soul reason of "I didn't like it" would get anyone but a important inquisitor and a rouge trader executed. Besides, if anyone were to find it it would be the culexus temple.

You're assuming they're thinking rationally after being exposed to a planet's worth of untouchables.

Fair enough. But what would the imperium do if they found the world and managed to get back to terra without blowing the planet up? What would they do with a planet of untouchables?

Depends on how fast the Temple hears about it. If someone particularly stupid hears about a planet full of people that feel wrong, they may glass it cuz KAYOSS.

Odds are they would be the first notified about the planet and be the first to make actual contact.

Nids can blot out the warp when they are present in great numbers, they basically DDOS the immaterium.

>they have a NEGATIVE impact on it.
Can I read more about this somewhere

Imagine blank society on that level, hardly any interaction or speaking at all. Dead silent city centers other than the sound of footsteps and machinery. Blanks families where no one ever talks to each other.

It would take a whole lotta Navigators but it would supply the imperium with bajillions of credibly useful tools.

With a number of blanks in the billions, the imperium could form _several_ anti warp armies that would be nigh unbeatable when facing the forces of chaos.

What would happen if you transported an army of several thousand blanks into the eye of terror?

Blank astartes? Is this possible? You might even be able turn this world into several hundred super human immortal warriors. They'd be utterly devastating against any enemy with a stronger connection to the warp.

>Imagine blank society on that level, hardly any interaction or speaking at all. Dead silent city centers other than the sound of footsteps and machinery. Blanks families where no one ever talks to each other.

Blanks are just normal humans with negative souls, they're not mutes or autists and the only reason they are all kind of socially awkward is because they are ostracized from society from day 1 just because of who they are, otherwise they are normal people.

As well, that's only because to people without black holes for 'souls' they are anathema. There's no reason to believe the same would apply to people the same as them.

Hasn't it been written that in addition to the ostracizing, that they also show little interest in interacting with other people?

They are only ostracized by non-blanks. Why would children born there, to blank parents, be ostracized by said parents?

I didn't say anything about ostracizing, just that people would hardly talk?

That's probably due to the ostracizing.

>inv4 one blank guardsman has been through over 20 years of service and hasn't actually shot at any daemon.

>The commisar just tell him to take a brisk jog near the daemon portal while they make it rain hot lead and las bolts half a mile a way

>then we get that one strong blank who wonders why everyone complains about being in The Guard because he hasn't seen any daemonic things to shoot at despite scouting for the whole day in deep enemy territory.

In the latest Necron codex Szeras has started trying to collect Culexus Assassins, but that's a personal project. Under Newcron lore it's no longer a faction-wide thing or part of some aeons-spanning keikaku as it was before (Szeras only developed an interest at all a few years before the end of the timeline).

Now imagine a whole platoon of these fuckers and you get the idea

But blanks only have a small aura around themselves. Why would a planet full of them project such a strong aura?
I don't see why Navigators wouldn't be able to get there and just hang out in orbit around the planet. Blankness isn't like a psychic power where there are varying strengths and degrees to it. They also can't "cast" their blankness the way psykers can.

I think pretty much everything would be absolutely repulsed by such a world. Not in the same head-explodey way as a Navigator, but even the Tau would probably have a deep, subconscious desire to just move along and pretend that world doesn't exist.

What happens when a Blank/Null gets chucked into the warp?

dey got rid of pariahs mate.

Jurgen talks just fine, for all that his social skills were shit, he's not like a mute or anything. Seeing as he's the only blank i know of, i'm going to use him as a baseline and say they really aren't that odd. Half of his problem is bad hygiene and the other half is mostly a skin disease. If he cleaned that up i daresay he could have a decent time of it. Sure he's a little off putting, but it's still shown that he can get around and he does make some friends/acquaintances.

wait shit, meant to click this to

Also that one book about Blood Angels from the HH series has them meeting a human blank that's just sorta there and not bothered by other humans. In fact, they like her pretty much since they get it that she shields them from demons.

Different levels of "blankness" is one of the stupidest fucking things they could have done with that concept.

What if that's our world and it's the reason why we haven't found life in other planets

Assuming they don't go insane, they meet up with kaldor drago and fuck shit up because they are basically invincible

It's like psykers tho, there weak ones and strong ones. With blanks you get grey (low strength) to black(med strength) to vantablank(omega blank: aka warp black hole)

Yep, and I really hate it. A blank is a pariah is a psychic dead zone. Can't be sensed or affected by psychic powers of any kind and any kind of sorcery is dispelled if it gets near them. That's how it used to be, and I much prefer that version.

Why do you prefer that version, if you don't mind me asking?

>The ship isn't designed to keep the Guardsmen in specially shielded areas, it was designed to keep the Navigator and Psykers locked up.

Because I really liked the idea of just having that one-in-ten-billion person with those qualities, and having them be an absolute psychic dead zone.
Giving them different levels of being a psychic dead zone is just silly. "This guy is one in ten billion and kinda messes with psykers and has an aura of 10 feet but THIS guy is one in a HUNDRED billion and makes psykers heads explode from the other side of the planet!" It's too contrived. Psykers really didn't need an exact opposite match.