>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

belloflostsouls.net/2016/11/gw-made-to-order-chaos-arrives-november-19th.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Skitarii

Second for Plastic Sisters by New Years.

Op of the other thread here, use this one, the other is already tainted with bait

Delete your thread then, user.

Any fellow Dark Angels players that could rate this list for an upcoming match versus Tau. I am not expecting anything bigger than a Ghostkeel but definetly a Commander, ~9 Crisis Suits and probably some broadsides. Not sure what he has up his sleeve as this is my largest match against him.

Lions Blade Detachment:

Core- Demi Company

Chaplain - 105
>Jump Pack

6x Assault Marines - 102
>Jump Packs

5x Devastator Marines - 200
>4 Missile Launchers

3x5 Tactical Marines - 145 ea
>Razorback w/ Twin Linked Assault Cannons

Auxillery- Ravenwing Attack Squadron

Ravenwing Attack Bike - 55
>Multi-Melta

Ravenwing Land Speeder - 75
>2 Multi-Meltas

Ravenwing Strike Force:

Librarian (Warlord) - 110
>Level 2, Bike

Librarian - 110
>Level 2, Bike

Techmarine - 115
>Servo-Harness, Meltabombs, Power Axe, Bike

Ravenwing Command Squad - 250
>5 Black Knights, Apothecary, Ravenwing Banner

5 Ravenwing Black Knights - 200

2x3 Ravenwing Bikers - 120 ea
>2 Grav Gun, Combi-Grav

1997/2000

We will most likely be playing a Maelstrom Mission so I am hoping my bikes can be a big enough threat for the demi-company to go and hold objectives.
I am probably going overboard with the biker HQs but I wanted to take advantage of the psychic phase (rolling on Interromancy) while still having a smashy character in the command squad. I couldn't squeeze in the Interrogator Chaplain.
Still I could drop a RW HQ and some Meltabombs for another MSU Grav squad (or maybe 3 Black Knights)
I am not fielding any Darkshrouds to cut back on the cheese since he wasn't going to field any big suits.

What if you really could attack the Crab Tank's weakspot for massive damage?

Good first. I vote this thread to survive.

all i got

Thanks my man. Love me some Skitarii

I don't think you can do that, or something changed and I didn't realise it?

I've done it before, just delete the OP as you'd delete any other post. Should get rid of the whole thread.

(`/|24>

Already done, thanks.

Friendly reminder that there is nothing wrong with the army you choose as long as you show respect for your fellow players.

Hello, does anyone have any starting tips for an aspiring Ork player?

I'm sorry, user.

Love your models, the game is a pile of shit only collect what you think looks cool/fun
Don't be a sperg, you will lose a lot but nobody likes a sore loser
By the same token don't sperg out over your army, yes every player has heard an Orkbro scream WAAAGH before your shout isn't new or funny
Most importantly have _____fun_____

So I just finished my first unit of Kabalite warriors for my dark eldar force after being away from the hobby for years.

At this point im not sure if I should get a getting started box for bigger games or try instead to build a smaller kill team force as I haven't played a game of warhammer in my life, only collected the models.

OP from the other thread, works right now can be play as the owner wishes it, sadly they are in a bad shape right now on competitive play, but on the upside that allows you to play as you wish since internally most units are balanced with each other.

Just be careful with a meme recommendation of nobz in a naut.

Also it depends on how much are you willing to spend on them.

>A mungest
Not
>Amongst
Holy shit I'm triggered.

The Start Collecting set is a good deal that saves a bunch of cash, and gives you a legal (but rather shitty) starting army when combined with the troops you already have. I'd recommend it anyway because it'd give you a bit of variety for a Kill Team list and you can easily scrape up about 200 point between a small squad of Warriors in the Raider supported by Reavers.

That said if you don't feel ready to commit that much cash at once you can hold off. Try to play a few starter games and see how much you enjoy it.

eh I've already dropped 200 into paints and everything getting my first unit ready. Might as well drop in another 100

How does this sound for a skitarii army?
3 starter boxes
3 ironstriders
1 Infiltrator unit

Sounds good

Thanks!

How many points would a coconut gun cost?

Are kill team games fun? Skirmish 40k seems cool.

Free, it uses the lasgun profile with 18" range.

They're ok. The ruleset isn't fantastic, but it does at least work.

But units carrying coconut guns get to roll 2D6 and take the highest when making run moves.

This is to represent the guardsmen using the coconut guns to propel their bodies by shooting in the opposite direction that they want to go.

New player here. Is it at all possible to make a decent Daemons of Tzeentch list without a lot of summoning?
I've built my army and played a couple of casual games with friends, and I'm sure I'm making a lot of mistakes and whatnot but it seems like Horrors are only good as meat shields and Flamers pretty much have to stay in reserve to deep strike or they're never gonna get anywhere close enough to use their weapons.

Does anyone have books 7 and 8 for the legacy of russ series?

Newer Tau player here, what is Interromancy?
Usually the powers are in the big rulebook.
What makes it good against Tau?

Interromancy is the Dark Angels psychic discipline of interregation, and relies in Ld checks, iirc.

Herald on discs shooting. 4 heralds on discs with divination and tzeentch primaris. I was casting misfortune then presc and then WC3 flicker fire with the paradox staff. grimnoire if you want as well as some screamers.

What's the best relic for a shooty SM Captain? Any chapter. He'd be hanging out with MSU tactical squads.

the only one that shoots obviously

Has anyone done a Space Marine chapter that acted as support for local Imperial Guard? Like they follow the orders of Segmentum Command?

There's tons of chapters that go around helping out local regiments, and they might listen to the Segmentum Command, but they would probably not take kindly to being ORDERED to do stuff.

Doubtfully, since Space Marines are beholden only to the Emperor himself.

Why do Yiffs hate the thought of Russ being the one to want to hunt down Magnus/being the one to trick the Emperor into allowing him to hunt him down, rather than Horus? The original fluff had it so that Russ convinced the Emperor to let him slay Magnus instead of bring him in, iirc. I actually think that's cooler than Horus telling Russ that the mission's changed, and to kill Magnus instead of arrest him.

Warden of the Blade link anyone?

For millionth time. From the novel,b Horus told Russ that Magnus was beyond saving. Russ tried to arrest Magnus anyways. He didn't want to kill him because he was his brother and nobody loved him more.

When Russ arrived he had his men do what they were orderted to do. His men set out destroying the city and its stores of heretical knowledge. An order from the Emprah and punishment for Magnus.

The Thousand Sons couldn't bear seeing the destruction of their precious knowledge so they disobeyed Magnus's order of standing down and attacked the SPESS Wolves. As this was happening, Tzeentch reactivated the Flesh Change, causing the TS to turn into spawn right in front of the Imperials which damned even more in the eyes of the Imperium.

Magnus could no longer stand seeing his legion getting butchered so he changed his mind over letting himself captured. He embraced sorcery and attacked the Woofs. This forced Russ to engage him and bring him down. Despite Russ later words about the fight, the downed Magnus noted that tears formed in Russ's eyes indicating that he felt sorrow at what he is about to do. He wanted to take his beloved brother back alive but now his brother was truly lost to the madness of sorcery. He had to put down.

So...who is to blame here?

Tyrant's Legion is basically the exact opposite of that, if that helps at all

lel

I blame Russ.

"I said bring me Magnus here so i can slap his red ass, not burn his world from the orbit and then kill enything that survives witch your's axe."Emprah

>This forced Russ to engage him and bring him down.
>He wanted to take his beloved brother back alive but now his brother was truly lost to the madness of sorcery.
I seriously hope you're not his deluded. The reason Russ went for the kill was because he was completely outmatched and was getting blown the fuck out.

Seriously Russfag be honest. Magnus was single handedly holding back the Custodes, SoS and SW army during the duel. He had Russ dead to rights when Russ's familiars attacked and then it took Russ gettinga 'lucky' strike to give him an opening. However Magnus during this whole fight was casting his greatest spell to get the remaining TS off Prospero and save his library.

You completely dodged user's question. All user said was that he wanted to know why Yiffs hated the thought of Russ being the one to want to hunt down Magnus like it was in the original fluff, rather than Horus, as user thought it cooler that way.

Typical Yiff, getting triggered over the wolfiest of things! I bet you didn't even realize that I wrote wolf twice in the fisrt paragraph.

You checked, didn't you?

>, not burn his world from the orbit

Burning the city knowledge stores was an order.

>I seriously hope you're not his deluded. The reason Russ went for the kill was because he was completely outmatched and was getting blown the fuck out.

By the chiseled glory of the C'tan's abs, speaking about blind fanboyism. I am talking about when Russ had Magnus broken and helpless before him.

You went something utterly irrelevant.

>You completely dodged user's question.

I am not dodging anything nor I am fan of woofs. I am just correcting the whole "Russ was duped by Horus". Horus's words didn't change Russ's mind over arresting Magnus. It was the situation on the ground and what he saw that made him see that Magnus was lost forever.

It's like you guys keep saying the sky is purple. The sky is purple. And have been doing it for a long time to the point that I have to scream that the SKY IS BLUE!

>You went something utterly irrelevant.
Kek cant even follow an arguement. You said this.
>He wanted to take his beloved brother back alive but now his brother was truly lost to the madness of sorcery.
>He had to put down.
And I told you why you were wrong.

No, you didn't. You went into a fight analysis when I was talking about what happened after it.

When Russ had fucking madness broken before him and was having an internal struggle about what to do with him. In the end, Russ reasoned that Magnus was lost and had to die. Before the final blow was struck, Magnus tore open hole and flung himself, his legion, and the woofs 13th company into the Eye of Terror where Tzeentch's word is law.

Had Magnus*

So in the end, Magnus choose to save his "Thousand Sons" over answering for his crimes in front of the Emperor and remaining loyal.

Tzeentch showed him his future where he is a withered corpse strapped to a blazing throne forced to endure an eternity of pain. So this makes me think that him deciding not to get arrested wasn't entirely for his sons sake.

>When Russ had fucking madness broken before him and was having an internal struggle about what to do with him.
>Implying Russ wasnt looking for an excuse after Aghoru
>"This is not over. Blood of Fenris is on your hands, and there will be a reckoning between us, Magnus. This I swear upon the blade of Mjalnar"

>Russ tried to arrest Magnus anyways.
Russ yelled at a demon for a little while. His action were to show up and immediately carpet bomb an Imperial world that had their defenses down. I cant imagine why the TS would fight back with all they had after that can you? Besides justifying your action because of what you forced someone to do is asinine.

Dont forget Russ then genocides the remaining population of Prospero after the TS leave. He wasnt their with mercy just bigotry and hatred.

I seem to recall BoP saying the same as Collected Visions, where Russ was ordered by the Emperor to purge TS.

There was a video from GW that said otherwise that came out post BoP.

Three Renegade Knights and a CAD with a Stompa in it, what should the leftover points be filled with?

I'm thinking more AV if possible actually. With all those big things to point anti-tank at, it follows logically that Deff Dreads or Kans would take a while to work up the priority list, and can run forwards in the mean time.

thats only true vs armies with low-moderate Anti tank.

anyone with heavy anti tank is still going to kick your ass.
go with some infantry so your army isn't si hit or miss with victory determined by how many meltaguns your opponents list has.

>can fire in spurts
>if it shoots ya, it's gonna hurt

10 pt special weapon upgrade for Guardsmen. S4 AP4 Assault 3

Quick question.

Are the Forge World rules for the Raptors SM chapter still valid?

If not, is there a Space Marine faction that reflects their shooty, stealthy, tactics?

It should be an upgrade for Space Marines because they're bigger, faster and stronger too

Dob't see why they wouldn't be, but it'd be worth talking to your opponent or tournament organizer about it if you aren't sure.

If in doubt, Raven Guard. Or Fists for their rooty-tooty-point-and-shooty skills.

No, play a real chapter.

When the FUCK did Russ ever love Magnus????

So I started to play a few months ago, and I am having problems with progressing with my army. People that started at the same time as me have finished armies, and I seem to be buying new stuff all the time, and the army is still not finished. I tried looking up what others people play, but I don't like the lists. They are either full of FW or are only technily my factions, because 2/3 of the armies are made out of ally. Can any help me with list building. Right now I have this
3xDV sets
1xchaos starter set
4xspawn
1xmauler fiend
3xoblits
7xspace marine bikers
10x chaos terminators
1xhelldrake
1x Bloodthirster, which I use as a DP.

Any pointers would be great. a Working list made with those would be awesome, tips on to what to buy to make playing fun would be great too.

>Russ reasoned that Magnus was lost and had to die.
And this is where he failed. Even Magnus destroying the Webway Project didnt elicit this order from the Emperor. Russ deciding that the powers used against him 'after' he started his attack means they deserve death is on him. As is decided himself to kill another Primarch and his legion.

well the thing is he saw changes, like the flesh change in two other legions, and he kind of a did wipe out those two. If dad sends you to check for squirls and then tells you to shot them twice, the third time your not going to ask him, if you have to shot the squirl or not. Even if in the end it may end up being your aunts runty dog.

>squirls

yes that is what we call gypsy kids here. Because they says "Sqóirl, Sqóirl" while begging.

You play Orks for the fun of it. Of course, you could say the same for every faction, and if everyone had this view, the game would be a lot better. The difference is that you simply cannot break the game with Orks, whereas you can with the top factions.

There can be benefits to this. For starters, you will NEVER see someone across the table from you roll their eyes at the sight of your army and sigh. You will NEVER cop flack for playing Orks; on the contrary, people are downright keen to fight you because they so rarely see Orks, and they know they're not going to be facing some bullshit allied combo or ridiculous psychic power, or even an underpriced Super-Heavy. it's going to be a good old fashioned scrap, and the fact that they have an overwhelming advantage no matter the army they field is also a morale boost for them, be it subconscious or not.

You also have complete freedom. Want to field all Walkers? Go for it! Want a horde of Grots scampering forwards? Right on! The advantage of being a dog-shit tier codex is that you can field pretty much whatever you like and your effectiveness doesn't really diminish. So just go with whatever you like.

Now, that being said, if you want to focus on what's effective, here's a short list:

MANZ (preferably in Bully Boyz formation)
Mek Guns
Biker Boyz
Lootas
Warboss with Mega Armour and Lucky Stikk
Grots for troops slots

>like the flesh change in two other legions
There no information about the 2 missing legions.
>and he kind of a did wipe out those two.
Kek. Sure he did. Why was he unsure until Wolf King that Primarchs can die? (He thought he'd killed Magnus)

> If dad sends you to check for squirls
This metaphor is terrible. Magnus was to be brought back to Terra but Russ listened to Horus's orders over the Emperors and ruined what could have been salvaged. There was no third time there was this time and it was bungled. If it was to be an arrest thats not how you go about it. It's the equivalent of an American cop arresting a black man by yelling STOP RESISTING as he beats him to death.

Rhinos

Are crimson hunters any good or more of a subpar choice?

Are csm rhinos that good? My friends don't use many of those. They use a lot of razorbacks and drop pods, and maybe 1-2 rhinos max. The thing is that their rhinos have scout and cost no points. CSM rhinos have some crazy cost of 40 something points.
But I could try them out. What units should I run inside those rhinos?

You don't take rhinos because they're good, you take rhinos because they let your units safely move 12" a turn.

That being said, CSM rhinos aren't terrible with the havoc launcher on them, and iirc they can mount combi weapons, which is pretty sweet.

Do link.

Havock launchers are those one shot heavy bolters? I have problem with hiting more then 2 models with them.
Do you know a good csm counter to centurions? Everyone here takes them and multiple librarians, and they just blow my stuff ignoring cover and LoS. I was thinking about maybe runing more spawn, but the models cost so much, and I would be realy low on scoring models.

>For starters, you will NEVER see someone across the table from you roll their eyes at the sight of your army and sigh. You will NEVER cop flack for playing Orks

My meta is some sort of bizarro world. I play Orks and have been called a min-maxing try hard by a few people. The primary complaint is about warbikers.

For the most part, they're new players, or people that have been "in" the game for a while but don't actually play many games. We usually play Maelstrom missions and for the most part I keep the bikers alive via boost+jink to snag objectives. That and they make tactical or positioning errors that I capitalize on.

I try to help by basically giving them tactics to counter my army, but they usually just get pissed about my shit being "OP". Hell, I've been told that Ork shooting is too good. Granted it was a Space Yiff player that marched his dudes through an open space with no cover in wide view of tankbustas and lootas.

Guy that runs the LGS doesn't help much either. He's always bitching about "cheese" and browbeats Tau, Skitarii, and Eldar players (even the friendly ones) to the point that they don't want to play or intentionally build terrible lists to avoid being labeled a tryhard.

Sounds like your meta is a bunch of shit.

I play sisters mostly, and I remember my first encounter with Grav Cents after I came back from a long break. It legit almost made me stop playing because it was bullshit.

Anyway, I'm not sure for CSM. Havoks are the 5/5 small blast, yes. They're also twin linked (reroll scatter) and 48" range. Obviously, they don't deal with Cents. They're not very good at melee, so you can tar pit them pretty easily, which is my usual plan with sisters, just watch for the Librarian obviously. Otherwise, plasma or a DP with a Mace I guess. Roll Bio and smash them with him.

You can mass a lot of sorcerers to counter their Librarians, and you guys can go to ML3, unlike them. The Sorcerer Cabal is really good, which is in the Black Legion supplement iirc.

I think my meta is normal. Most people play marines of some sort, then some play eldar, tau.

the problem with Sorcerors is that GW have not made any models for them, and my store is doesn't allow proxy.

>my store is doesn't allow proxy
Not even if the model is a GW product?

Im sorry your opponents are bad, user. Enjoy rare ork victories.
Sprint spawn into them, my dude. 12"move, demon saves.. cents can't melee for shit. Cultists are fine too, but slow. In general, any daemon ally would be your friend here.
Alternatively, obliterators, noise marine blastmasters, Plasma anything, forgefiend are all nice ranged options.

>no proxy

Conversions aren't proxies, but regardless, CSM sorcerers have models. They're just out of stock it seems. Check ebay or something. Failing that, next week, the old CSM sorcerer model is coming back mto, and its a great model.

And to emphasize, anything is gonna be good to melee cents with due to their slow and purposeful preventing overwatch and sweeping

Start Collecting Dark Elder boxes are really good, huh?

Nothing in Dark Eldar is really good.

However, the box is a good buy, yes.

Well they allow to proxy if the model is big. Lets say I bought a bloodthirster and there is no DP sold at the store. then they are ok to use it. But If I try to make my own librarians out of normal csm bikers or lords, they won't let me play.
Won't those only be sold in GW stores, because the closest GW store is 2 countries away from me.
I tried rushing centurions with spawn, but they have 3 units of 3 vs my one unit of 4 spawn. They kill me with re-rolls even when they wound me on +6. In general I find it crazy that marines can take 2 units of scouts and then load up with centurions and a knight, when csm have nothing comperable to beat them .

>Im sorry your opponents are bad, user. Enjoy rare ork victories.

I was enjoying the hell out of them for a while, but it sucks getting badgered about being a min-maxing tryhard when I'm kneecapping myself just by playing Orks.

Yea, your store sounds like a bunch of fuckwads, I'm sorry. If you make a biker/termie/marine look like a sorcerer, and they won't let you use it as a sorcerer while they're spamming Grav Centurions on you, then they're not worth playing with, man.

Anyway, the made to order models are online only, so you order it straight from the GW website. I'm planning on getting a bunch of tiddy 'Nettes myself.

Here's a list:
belloflostsouls.net/2016/11/gw-made-to-order-chaos-arrives-november-19th.html

squads of grav centurions
Sorry user. I didn't realize the full extent of what was happening here. This isn't your fault. Find new people to play with. Do these people at least have their 21 model army painted and based? I'm trying to build a mental image so my hatred is more direct.

Look at it this way, there's literally nothing you could possibly do to make your army easier to win against. Even if it's boys on bikes, boys with rockets, boys with whatever, it's just a bunch of overcosted 6+ save guys with no leadership.

As someone who's been repeatedly accused of cheese for winning using bolters and heavy bolters, I like to think I understand some of your struggle

Mike Pence looks exactly like Roboute Guilliman.

Yeah, I can't order stuff online. So it aint for me.
Well we don't play big games. I know that normaly people have more knights or more centurions, but mostly play smaller games 1000-1250pts for speed, as you can't keep a table here for longer then an hour.

What does based mean, because am sure it doesn't mean what I think it means? And the models are painted, we have people here who work at paint studios, and the store owner is big on painting. He has a bronze award from the 90s for painting some sort of chaos fantasy model.

Lawful evil.
The empire truly is metal.

He's race bannon, get it right.

>cant order online

Why is that?

>3 sets of centurions at 1000-1250
>mfw

Holy shit dude. Gtfo of there. You're playing with pure cancer.

>Why is that?
Can't pay for stuff online. Does GW give the option to pay for stuff when they deliver it ?

>>more knights
>>more centurions
>>most people
>>normally
I think this is a platos cave situation user.

Also based would just refer to the base of the model being finished.

>but mostly play smaller games 1000-1250pts for speed,
>3 x 3 Grav cents

Either you're baiting or you're playing with the literal embodiment of everything wrong with the hobby currently.

And at 1k pts its not 9 centurions. Its 4-5 and scouts and the rest points in librarians. I also don't have anywhere else to play, this is the only store that runs GW stuff in my city, and am not going to travel 3 hours to a different city to hope that maybe someone will want to play someone from another city. 6 hours there and back aint worth a 1 hour game.