Could you build a post-apocalyptic setting around Wales?

Could you build a post-apocalyptic setting around Wales?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43636589/
youtube.com/watch?v=fHxO0UdpoxM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm not sure?
I could try.
But it wouldn't top what's already there.

Wales is a post apocalyptic setting...

Why bother? I mean only thing that will change is that instead of molesting regular sheep Welshmen will molest mutant sheep.

In this setting you play as intellient, mutant sheep eluding the grasp of rapacious welshmen.

Imagine the crazy language they would speak!

Or be a speshul snowflake goat from India, dual welding sharpened horns and super sticky tongue

>Could you build a post-apocalyptic setting around Wales?

No more Brussel money.

He said post-apocalyptic not post-brexit.

If you think they're different things (at least as far as Wales is concerned), just wait... ooh, about two and a half years.

Besides, this guy
knows what's up.

Would anyone even bother to nuke them ?

rampaging bands of angry mutant sheep orcs.

rampaging bands of angry illiterate inbreds

*kazoo noises intensify*

The mutant sheep are molesting the Welshmen...

In the Fallout: Baltic Winter thread we had a while ago

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43636589/

Wales survived the Nuclear War and became a contributing member of an alliance between them, Ireland, half of Scotland, Cornwall and Britney. They had the last surviving nuclear power station in Britain.

It would be perfect for a Call of Cthulhu game. The language itself is already there.

fuck I came here to post this

>the fact no one else even knows wales existed saved it from nuclear annihilation

Makes sense

The name of that place was changed back in the day as a publicity stunt.

youtube.com/watch?v=fHxO0UdpoxM

>Sheep-rider gangs terrorizing the local population
>A giant wall built along the English border to keep the uncivilized scum out, guarded by the best and finest Britain has to offer
>Still, this isn't enough to prevent all sheeprider raids on the English countryside
>Tourists from continental Europe frequently travel to Wales to enjoy their unique, quaint and primitive lifestyle*
>Turks often come into conflict with the local population due to their liking of lamb meat

*can you imagine it already? An overworked civil servant from Switzerland taking three weeks off to go to Wales, become in tune with nature and pillage the English countryside, only to return to his homeland a new, much more relaxed and questionably zoophilic man.

You know, this reminds me of lucifer's hammer, a book on a comet hitting earth and destroying like a third of the liveable land via massive tsunamis and salt rain from the oceans.

A Slaver-run sex trade built around sheep?

...but it would basically just be whales.

No.

In order to have an apocalypse, you first have to have a civilisation.

>around Wales
yes. I would call it "post apocalyptic england, scotland, and ireland"

We win, boyo

what landscape features are needed for something to look sufficiently like "could be in Wales"

Let's see....

- Valleys. We have lots of them.
- Rivers. We have quite a few, mostly due to the aformentioned valleys.
- Lowland marshes. We have a number of these, mostly due to the aformentioned rivers flowing from the aforementioned valleys.

In terms of human made landscape; small towns, which are seemingly in the middle of nowhere for no good reason, potentially located in or around a valley. Likely had a mine once.

Larger towns, often with large former industrial areas in varying levels of detrioration, ranging from "Glory days long gone, still in operation" to "Long abandoned, no money to clear".

I assumed this was the joke the OP came here for.

My friend built a post-apocalypstic Britain setting. Let me try and dig up the document.

It centred around a world-wide plague, a nuclear strike on the Birmingham quarantine zone as a last fall back, and a bunch of environmental collapses. I think Wales was mostly one giant death zone because a coal-fire had gotten out of control and spread underground, to the point that random fissures would open up and eject deadly gasses.

>Could you build a post-apocalyptic setting around Wales?

Yeah, it's called Newport

Answer Yes, but why would you? what can you do with Wales you can't do any place else?

Charlotte Church

So basically Reign of Steel? Or Survivors?

It's a thing, you know

You can make a great use of all that still existing industrial infrastructure which was left abandoned.
Basically, Wales had a really strong heavy industry, but it was simply unprofitable. Add post-apocalypse to that and it clicks just right.

But that's literally it, the only unique value it has.

Have a humorous justification for Sheep-people (genetic experiments/magic don't give a shit 'bout no laws of genetics).

Brexit is going to save Britain, you dumb communist.

mutant corgis

All this does is remind me of some terrible Post-Apocalypse movie I watched set in the UK, about some deaf dude with a couple of hatchets as weapons. During the opening of the movie there was this one scene where he was riding his bike through a forest, and the entire thing was just so calm and peaceful looking compared to the dramatic music that I just burst out laughing and it completely ruined the tone of the movie for me.

Like Mad Max, but more rain.

>It would be perfect for a Call of Cthulhu game. The language itself is already there.

I've heard a few times that Lovecraft was inspired to write The Shadow Over Innsmouth after he learned that one of his ancestors was Welsh. When you think about it, that would appear to explain the language used in the cultists' prayers.

The sheep have gone extinct, fucked out of existence.

The welshmen, unable to fuck, give into their madness.

Man, I glanced as I was scrolling and thought it said, "Whales"

Why can there not be a post-apocalyptic setting based on whales?

Meaning that the PCs are whales?

Because shit, it would work like a charm. Whalers are already pretty much already lovecraftian horrors for them.

I don't even know why, but now I'm sad because I'll never hug a whale. They're too big and too aquatic. Fuck you user, you made me want to hug a whale. I don't even know what to do with my life anymore.

You could always become a professional seal clubber. I hear the dental benefits great!

1) nuclear war
2) land animal die
3) the humpbacks dominate the world with
A) computers and lasers.
4) mankind comes back and hunts the humpback wales.
5) England re emerges but struggles, they have lost thier porpoise.
6) Japan flounders
7) America re nukes Russia for the halibut.
8) chine rebuilds electronics because the discovered how to build a radio tuna and flood the waves with with the preaching of a new religious leader the holy mackerel.
8) everyone who goes to Las Vegas gets a case of the crabs, because sometimes thing get a little fishy.

>a post-apoc setting around Wales
>a huge swath of the world around Wales has been turned into a wasteland/deadly sea, but Wales itself is somehow still fine
>Welsh have to hold their own against fallout-mad Irishmen and Scots, French pirates turned cannibals, and English warlords looking back to Anglo-Saxon roots as they try to gain resources they need to rebuild by conquering

Huh.. Since when did my country become relevant, we're a meme now?

>Wales
>A country
I think not

I bet you think restrictions on firearms and a lack of restrictions on immigrants also makes you safer.

This is fucking sweet. Why did Veeky Forums never follow up on this?

>The Sutton Hoo find
Nice reimagining art. But did they ever found out what the iron stand was for? I remember reading about different ideas but no one knew for sure, or even if they were holding it the right way up. That was years ago though, so I don't know if anything's changed.

>>rampaging bands of angry illiterate inbreds
So Friday night in Swansea/Cardiff/Bridgend/Port Talbot

You're part of a principality boyo, now get back in your box and eat some Cawl or whatever it is you do.