Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: We're not a fucking Quest edition

Everyone line up! Field kit inspection before charging against the Tau defense line!
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

>Why don't you guise move to quest?
We're not a quest that's why.

>Stands in line hoping it will be over soon

>he eyes his pack of lho-sticks and prays to the emperor for the buireocracy to be over fast

>Stands in line, nervously trying to blend in with the rest of the infantrymen

>The Russ rolls in.
>Jaemis exits from the hatch with his assistant and calls in the entire 6th Armored company to line up for inspection.
>Tanks of all approved Imperial kind come in a line behind their lieutenant and await for the Commissar to come and inspect them.

>A few minutes after that, Frisk comes by

Jaemis: "Where the hell have you been this week?"

Frisk: "Just business. Where is your girlfriend?"

>Stands in line
>Or rather, where the line was until he arrived

>Kane sits on the cold moon grass, drinking a cup of tea, looking at the moon's forest surface. He smiles gently, his legs in a butterfly position, humming an old imperial song.

>Walks through the line, inspecting the men.
Alright ladies... You're badly equipped and smell like a drunk street dog that peed on itself, but you are equipped for war this time around at least.
>Various stormtroopers come carrying a box and giving something to each squad of troopers.
>It's a collar.

This is my new way to do bussiness and keep order. Munitorum has informed me there won't be many troops to spare, so instead of teaching you dogs lessons by the example of execution, you will be spared a "blamming" but win a shock collar each instead. And like good dogs. You will learn obedience, you will learn respect, and you will learn to do your jobs or suffer the consequences. If you try to get away from the sattelite's maximum transmission range: IE. you try escaping or running away to another planet, the collar explodes and you die.

Not wearing it at all times will earn you a classic "blamming"

>Is drinking tea too. Still on her armor but at least the faceplate is up.

>Looks mortified but doesn't complain

>Alice is speaking with Tray regarding matters on Beshk.
>Most of the Tankers are happily getting used to moving their suits.
>Anya is either doing this, or with Vic, probably training too.

>Kane smiles at her
>"So...uhh, about converting to the Greater Good"

>he looks at the collar and looks up at eisen
>he curses, mumbling and puts it on

>Jaemis looks at the collar.
>He looks at his men and nods before putting it on.
>All his men obey his order and put the collars on.
>Frisk looks at it with a displeased expression, but shrugs and puts it on.

>Looks at Eisen with an expression of amusement mixed with uncertainty

>Is doing a training sparring match with her Coldstar Armor with Anya, she's getting used to the systems.

>Sees the regiment put them on.
Good. You will find this much better than being shot in the head. You will only be educated if needed, believe me, I don't shock my men out of pleasure.

>Waits to be dismissed

>Jaemis and the 6th Armored wait for orders.
>Frisk rubs her neck and sits on the Russ.

>"Y-yes?"

>Anya is indeed practicing with Vic, her upgraded Crisis Suit can take more hits, but Vic's can dodge more, rather evenly balanced.

>Meanwhile, the other five Tankers have grouped up to virtually test their weapons on some virtual orks.

Now if no-one has any questions, that includes the psyker, you're free to return to your posts. We will charge the Tau defensive line once our ships clear us a path through orbital bombardment.

>Looks at the new comissar, with the bomb collar around his neck
>walks away from the assembly, missing that uniform

>Nods in acknowledgement and leaves
>Strides towards his cell, chuckling

>Looks as if he was conflicted between bursting to tears and being relieved from a burden

>He rubs the back of his bald head and looks down
>"What are the requirements for the conversion. What if we allready plead allegiance to another?"
>he looks a bit stressed out over the questions

>Jaemis nods and gets into the Russ with Frisk and his assistant.
>The 6th Armored return to their posts and await for when the attack begins.

>Just before going back into the tank, Jaemis sees Guerre.
>His eyes burn with immediate fury and he almost goes out of his way to do something incredibly stupid.
>He stops himself when he remembers Diane and the collar.

".........Emperor damn it."

>He goes into his tank, knowing that the man who got his best friends killed still lives.

>he sits down on an ammunition crate and goes back to cleaning his las
>sighing, he wipes off as much dirt off the bomb collar and straightens the wrinkles on his uniform

>he takes a sip of water and waits

>Jaemis sits in the tank, waiting for the time of battle.
>He hears the clinking of dog tags.
>He looks up to see them move around.
>He grips his hands in hate before relaxing them.
>He sighs and takes, wrapping them around his hand.

"I'll be back."

>He exits his tank from the hatch and walks to the ammunition crates.
>He stands next to Eisen.

"Eisen, right?"

>Sergeant clarvor marches a squad of vets carrying heavy weapons up to formation, additional reinforcements from krieg.
>krieg of all places,and it seems they were sent to the wrong combat zone.
> Krieg sergeant clarvor posts squad and immediatly walks towards commisar, prob to request being placed on the front lines.

>Still stares in the distance dumbfounded as they pass

>Eisen

Guerre*

>he looks at the man
"Yes, my name is Guerre."

>it is clear by the pattern on his face he attempts to shave and clean himself whenever possible, even if the final result is a bit halfway

"Mind if I sit with ya?"

>he makes space for the man

"Go ahead."
>guerre looks at him again

"You look familiar."

"I would say the same to you, but it looks like the demotion hasn't been kind to your face."

>He sits next to him

"To be honest, im surprised they didnt execute you after that massacre on the pirate ship."

"Yes, well.. "
>he takes a brief pause

"They gave me a choice, exeution or penal regiment."
>he sips water

"I lived my whole life in the service of the emperor, so i will die in the service of the emperor."
>pause

"I won't ask for forgiveness for my actions, but i will take responsability for them"
"...So here i am."

>"Uh... You will need to... talk to my superiors so they can valuate your cause and... relieve yourself from your allegiance to that other should it works against the greater good"

>"I don't mind releasing myself from slaanesh, but..."
>he looks at the tankers
>"Are they against the greater good?"

>Salutes them.
Kriegers.

>He pulls out his own canteen and sips from it.

"Yeah, well, whether we like it or not we have to get used to each other."

>He rubs his collar

"Emperor damn it, I thought I was done being forced in these years ago."

"I have no ill thought of this regiment, despite its unorthodoxy it fought and died in the name of the emperor."
>he looks at the regiment

"Mutants, heretics.. i think none are beyond redemption in combat."
>he sighs

"I prefer dying in a loyal regiment in His name, rahter than getting executed or used as a pencil pusher for the rest of my life."

>She looks at them.
No. They are not. They'd have to pledge themselves to the Tau Empire and the stablishment of an unified Greater Good, but religion is not banned at all.

>he looks distraught for a second before shaking his head
>he turns to Lien
>"My, my, what obstacles you have me jumping to taste those lips"
>he smiles

>He nods.

"Yeah. This regiment continues to be quite the experience."

>He chuckles.

"I can respect a man who would rather keep fighting than get on his knees."

>She blushes.
>Faceplate goes down to hide it.

"Well, thank you for not harborning a grudge for my actions."
"Truth be told, i assumed it was the best course of action."

>sips

"it was not."

"We all make mistakes. Doesn't matter if we are Guardsmen, Lieutenants, or Commissariat. Important thing is that we at least redeem ourselves."

>He sips from his canteen

>Kane awkwardly scuttles closer to her, trying to be as incospicuous as possible, slowly sipping his tea
"Nice to get some fresh air without getting shot at"

"Thank you.. i.. appreciate that"

>he gives the man an honest smile

>He smiles back

"Well, I better get back to my men before we enter battle."

>He closes his Canteen and gets up.

"If both of us are alive by the end of this battle, then I guess we could get some drinks and share some life stories."

>He walks to the tank and gives a casual wave.

"Be seeing you, Guerre."

>Once back in his tank, he breathes a sigh of relief and hangs the dog tags back onto the visor.

"Mhm..."

>Guerre raises his hand back and goes back to cleaning with a lighter heart

>Is watching over the men.

Where is that damned Orbital Bombardment? I'm not risking my men on a suicide charge accross a lava river!

>he scuddles even closer like it's a fucking disney movie
>he pretends to stretch and puts an arm around her
>he'd blush a bit

>Meditates in his cell, kneeling
>This time, he does not float
>Instead, his head is on fire

>Gasps.
>Is nervous now.

"D-does your armor have marker drone controls yet?"

>He'd raise an eyebrow after passing next to the Psyker's chamber

I'm not nearly old enough to get used to this shit yet...

>Ahems.

Private Guerre?

>Guerre turns to the commissar and salutes with proper stance

"Private Guerre, reporting, sir."

>Braesqar is perched on a cliff overlooking the Guard camp
>he holds some sort of scope to observe the activities of the guardsmen

>he'd put his hand away quickly
"Uhhhhm...y-yes"
>he looks around
"You...uh, have you tried your XV22?"

>Salutes back.
At ease.

I have heard... you were once a former commissar, trooper?

>She is no near as good at piloting a battlesuit as Anya and her lack of expertise with Tau tech pays up, She looses.

"I... don't deserve it... I'm not a Shas'O..."

I was commissar lord of imperial penal regiment tetha gamma
and commissar in 11 previous regiments and Pdf's.

How may i help you, sir?

Good.
Come.
>He begins walking towards the command center.
I am in need of... a right hand man. Someone who is in contact with the regiment and knows the troopers values, but is trustworthy enough as to not abuse from power. Most officers in the regiment are either corrupt, incompetent, heretical or all three combined and they seem to generally be as badly respected as an heretic in a church. I need to know which troopers are loyal, and which preffer to... go catachan on their officers to say it lightly.

You see where I'm going?

>Krieg team returns salute, silent and solemn.

> Krieg sergeant finds infantry lieutenant and reports in.

Sergeant Clarvor of the 414 reporting in sir, we have been re-assigned to your command and are awaiting assignment.
Our autocannons are in fighting condition, ammo is on the up & up.

Ready to die for the emperor, SIR!
>Snaps a lightning fast salute in flawless form.

Seems this squad is still green (if u can call any krieger that) though their moral is unparalleled, even for krieg.

>he walks with the man

I am afraid i am not the man for this task, while i can report on the regiment as a whole i am not so well-adjusted to know them by individuals.
And i was sent to death row because of abusing my power of command. So i fail at both criteria.

What i can offer as advice is;
All respect, no fear, those men are conquerors
Respect and fear, those men are comissars
no respect all fear, those men are dead.

Small group of guardsmen seen in the distance, setting up a well dug in autocannon position outside camp...strange.

>he looks at her
"Well, you should be"
>he looks at the ground
"...I really do like you, Lien...do you mind that a gue'la likes you this way?"

Hm. Advice is dully noted, trooper. I look forward to see your progression. If you prove yourself as valuable as you were back when you became a commissar you could even escalate through the ranks

I-it's strange... but not unwelcome to have someone with whom I could trust even in another race...

>Anya's salutes Vic using the Battlesuit and opens some comms. "T-That was....impressive, I thought you'd had me a few times there...."

>The Tankers are still practicing with their Battlesuits, and Alice is driving around in a....Piranha of all things offering people tea.

I am here to serve the sentance of my crimes, i will follow orders and die for the emperor
privates, seargants,majors,generals, all are equal in death.

Yeah... well, you're that good and experienced with Tau controls.

Wise words.
>He'd dismiss the ex-commissar with a salute.
The emperor protects.

>The fire dies out, but meditation continues nonetheless.

>returns the salute
The emperor protects.

>goes back to work

>Meanwhile, a corporal begins instructing the team to re check and carefully clean & oil all heavy weapons, but be ready to march in a moments notice. The corporal then takes a group of 3 men and digs in near their position, just outside camp.

>a smile would appear on his face
"I'm glad you trust me, Lien"
>he gives her helmet a kiss
"C-could you help me train in my suit for a while longer?"

>Approaches Alice.
My lady I need to speak you in private... it is... an urgent matter.

I-I do...
>That's spoken in gothic rather than Tau.

>The Battlesuit's head shakes fervently. "N-Not good....m-maybe experienced though..."

>Alice nods, and gestures for her to hop in the back of the Piranha, so they can...y'know, go be private.

>She nods and hops in, sitting as a co-pilot.
Thank you, ma'am. I assure you... it is important.

Alrighty then.......
>Alice drives the Piranha off to somewhere private as Sam asked.

>the solarite zooms in on the autocannon emplacement

>Once there She disembarks and looks left and right to make sure nobody is there, she also checks the pirahna for any possible listening or recording device, and in case of there being any disables it.
>Hell she even sets up a signal jammer so nothing can find them.

F-for what I-I I have to say... I... I must be myself... my real self...

>Alice looks at Sam with quite a bit of worry.
Um.....what's this in aid of? You're worrying me Sam...

>The troops are digging deep into the earth, as if there very lives depend upon it.

>Though its odd...they are all wearing respirators which cover their entire face.
> The one who appears in charge is digging alongside his men, entrenching tool flinging dirt into a pile, which rapidly grows.

> Two men set up the gun itself, which looks like it has seen use, though its well taken care of.

>salutes
Eisen, just who I was looking for. The 267th just ran into a minefield about 30 kliks east of here, Can you spare any degenerates?

Upon completion, one guardsman begins scanning the area, using a spy glass he must have looted at some point.

>She removes her disguise, becoming Samantha Kent, Delta Five Niner, again.
We've... been together for a long time now...

When we first met... I was just doing my job, another assassin in a countless supply of killers that saw themselves as things... as... tools to be employed by the imperium to destroy their enemies from within...

I happenned to call the attention from a cute, young, smart Praetorian officer with talent to ascend quickly through ranks until becoming one of the best members I've met of the most holiest of orders of the Imperium...

Y-you gave me hope... you gave me purpose... and most importantly, you saw me as what I am today and as what I stand before you: A person.

It's been a year in realspace... a lot more in warpspace... and we've been together... we've faced daemons, heretics, xenos, dissidents, traitors, witches, horrors... we've even faced adversity when our judgements went one against each other and we fought against their consequences... And we have prevailed... over all... together...

>She's blushing intensely by this point.
>She kneels down, with a black box between her hands.

Inquisitor Alice Wellesley of the Ordo Malleus.

>She opens it, revealing a ring.

Will you marry this lost assassin and make her the happiest person in the known galaxy?

Agh I didn't order anyone to charge the line yet!

Very well. Take what you need to rescue as many men as you can, but be mindful: the men you take with you, are men we won't have to hold the line.

>he puts on his XV22
>he extends his hand to Lien
"Shall we?"
>he'd smile behind his mask

Hold the line? We lost our vox about 2 hours ago, are they pushing through? I might be able to spare a Russ or 2. They'll be kind of fucked up though, Damn Greenskins tooks us by surprise. You ever see a purple ork?

>the Solarite flattens against the top of the cliff to avoid being seen

>Alice looks.....very surprised, there are tears, happy ones, but still.
I-I...y-yes! Yes I will!
>Alice offers a shaky finger for Sam to put the ring on.
I....you....y-you....

>She takes the hand and nods.
>She's also smiling and blushing behind her faceplate

>She places the ring on Alice's finger, she's hardly holding her need to shake too.
I love you...

I heard rummors of them, sounds... impossible to think that there are sneaky orks. Probably just a bad excuse for guardsmen when they fail a mission.

At least these Tau we are fighting now are -known- to have always a trick up their sleeve.

>he starts practicing with Lien
>even with the superior suit he wouldn't manage to be on her level, due to her combat experience
>he falls faceplate first into the grass
"Heh...and you say you don't deserve this suit"