Dwarven puppy dog edition

Dwarven puppy dog edition

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists

Magnus did nothing wrong

Reminder that Skorne's only competitive options are Rasheth, Xerxis1, Morghoul1, and Zaadesh2.

>That official spelling mistake in Hammerfall
C L A S S Y
L
A
S
S
Y

>Thinking about a Siege Animantarax
>Check the card
>Can only hold 3 tokens
>Can't boost its guns
HAHAHAHAAA, WIPEOUT

And Mak2 trumps them all.

>No damage buffs
>No useful spells
>Mediocre feat
>Elite cadre for a shit unit
>Literally just Stay Death: the Warlock
Sentries are secretly the best beast in Skorne, you just need to bring a warlock that can help their damage, and suddenly you just win because 10/21 with an Agonizer nearby is hilarious. Shitkeda can wait until erratas.

>Literally just Stay Death: the Warlock
Correct. It's still enough to get her to the top in Skorne.

>Sentries are secretly the best beast in Skorne
They're good. I prefer teh Cannoneer but both are viable.

You always bring a Cannoneer, but something needs to go on the frontlines, and a 10/23 for 15 points that can kill an enemy heavy in one activation is very strong. RNG2 shouldn't be underestimated either. Put Admonition on it and you can play keepaway with enemy heavies from outside their range.

Any particular reason why Vorkesh doesn't have Shield Wall? You know, the only ability the unit he's attached to has?

He doesn't need it?

Shield Wall is an order, not an ability.

Not that poster, but isn't Vorkesh the de-facto leader of a unit he's attached to what with being an officer? And as he himself does not have the order, doesn't this imply that a unit with Vorkesh cannot be given the Shield Wall order?

Page 64, Issuing Orders, last paragraph

"A unit commander can issue any orders to it's unit that is specified in the unit's or leader's special rules."

>We want to cut down on the words on cards
>But we're not going to make it any easier to find what you need in the rule book

I mean, it seems to be in the logical place to find out if a UA can issue orders.

I wonder what drove them to build this when they already have warjacks and artillery.

They wanted to take the mountain with them.

That moment when I forgot to title the thread. Sorry if the thread dies to my stupidity folks.

Also that moment when no one will attack rhul so we get more ANAZAC dorfs.

Ctrl+F "warma" still finds it.

Salty or not, SoH seems pretty cool.

That colour scheme is awful.

thin your paints is not a meme. It's real.

His metal don't look too bad, mostly because metal paints work best when they're thicc.

Yeah but look at the knees and the feet

Yeah I know, it's awful. The sword isn't even metal what the shit.

They wanted mobile artillery that moved itself and didn't require a cortex?

So I bought a cheap Menoth force off a guy that I need to strip the paint from. Included in that is 3 Repenters, bringing my repenter count up to 5. So I plan on painting one up in bronze, another silver, and another gold for prizes at a future event.

Until then, should I run this list y/n

Protectorate Army - 75 / 75 points

(Malekus 1) Malekus, the Burning Truth [+30]
- Repenter [8]
- Repenter [8]
- Repenter [8]
- Repenter [8]
- Repenter [8]
- Hand of Judgment [18]
- Hierophant [3]
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard [9]
Choir of Menoth (max) [6]
Exemplar Errants (max) [16]
The Covenant of Menoth [4]
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord [4]
Exemplar Errant Seneschal [4]
Wrack [1]

I don't have knights exemplar or else I'd probably use those. Anyway, I have feora1 and feora2 as options as well.

>Menoth
You bought a Protectorate force mo' fugga

That list is going to struggle to kill anything with 3+ heavies, which is virtually every list in the game now. Repenters are not good in mk3 -- RAT 5 really kills them, and the vast infantry swarms of mk2 that they want to hose down no longer exist.

The only heavies that a sentry is reliably killing is a titan gladiator or cannoneer.

Khador jack survives with ~8 boxes vs an enraged sentry. Menoth jack survives with 1-2 if one of the cheap shitty ones, or around 8-10 if an Ashen Veil jack since mat 6 misses def 12 a little over a quarter of the time. Def 12 cygnar jacks will probably survive too with around 2-4 boxes.

I didn't ask if it'd be good. I just have 5 repenters right now and Malekus is probably the best person to run them until I get rid of these things.

The express purpose of this list is to put HoJ on the table with 5 repenter ducklings for fun. I'm just wanting to figure out how to build the rest of this list.

I've never really been a fan of blue and red together, at least not in significant quantities. Also, yea, thin layers of paint may take more work but it comes out so much better

What is the ideal count of myrmidons for a Helynna1 50 point list in MKIII?

Battle College has precious little information and I'd love to have some advice on how many Griffons/Aspis/Chimera, and how many Phoenix/Sphinx or if I should shell out for Imperatus/Discordia.

>Khador jack survives with ~8 boxes vs an enraged sentry
That's why I consider the best Skorne warlocks to be the ones with damage buffs. Rasheth, Morg1, and Xerxis1 can all solve the Sentry's problem, and just happen to be our best warlocks anyway.Xerxis1 only solves it with his feet, but who cares when your list isn't going to die anyway. Shit's stupid high ARM.

My considered Synth anti-gunline list.

ADR will let it transform into a pretty reliable anti heavy spam list.

user mentioned casting Admonition in the next breath. Clearly mainlining Morghoul1 has warped his mind (and math skills).

>not that I'll criticize
>if you're going to be mary jane's bitch, that's a fine-assed jane right there

What's an ideal 25 point list for Protectorate? I've got

Malekus
Choir
Exemplar Errants
Repenter
Revenger
Castigator
Harbinger

Having trouble coming up with exactly 25 with what I have, but the group I'm with does allow proxies for experimentation.

When do we think Zapdos is coming out? Its a great looking model.

Also any news on a DJ resculpt?

25 is a *really* awkward point level, and it's not helped by you not having a lot of the things you want for a standard Protectorate list.

It's the next point tier we're all going up to, unfortunately for me. Still, proxies can be used so I'm still tinkering.

Isn't the bird coming out next month?

I haven't played in ages, and don't have many models. Mostly just Abby1 Monster Mash. How is she these days?

Maybe the picture of mine looks shitty but i did thin my paints and no i didn't use blobs auf thick layers. May not helped that i had to use an older modell and throw it into isoprop.

Grievous Wounds shuts off her feat, unfortunately. She picked up Resourceful and Elite Cadre: Ashen Veil for Forsaken. Proteus got better. Overall she's not amazing but probably not the worst caster in Legion.

Zapdos is December iirc, and as far as 3 months out tgere is no new DJ. No idea if anything after that.

Here take the rest...

I think it looks good user, all these chumps are just assmad because their armies are just bare metal or sprayblack.

That's something. Honestly, I figured GW shut her feat down anyway, but it never came up in the games I managed to play.

The only other caster I have is pLilith from the old starter box (mines metal). I'm assuming she's still solid.

What about eAbby and B&B? I wanted to get them, but never had the chance.

Sorry if I'm annoying. There's a guy at my new LGS that actually used to play, so I'm starting to obsess over the game again.

No shit. I knew a guy who had literally unpainted tons of Warmahordes stuff. Fuck the shit is ugly as he never even had the decensy too at least prime it. But behold he came across something he didn't like and then he gave you painting tipps.

Can't put dorfs in a jack.

Legion guy here again. How is the new starter box? I don't actually have any of those models except the Shredders, which I have like 4 or 6 of already.

It's not bad

Doesn't look it for $40 MSRP. Are the Nephs actually usable now? I recall them being not even worth looking at in the past.

Krissa is pretty bad but it's OK against other battle boxes that aren't Khador. If you already have Legion models skip it and spend your money on something actually worth putting on the table

Is she bad? Damn. She looked kinda cool.

As for what I have, like I said before, it's mostly big monsters from Abby1. Off the top of my head:

pAbby
pLylyth
Typhon
Scytheon
Angelous
Carni
Forsaken
Shepherd
4/6 Shredders
2 Stingers

All metal because plastic didn't exist yet. I kinda wanted the big box, but I already have a few of those models.

Elara2 when, lads?

I've heard of multiple TOs allowing the pJuniors as valid proxies until the release of the eJuniors. Ask yours and you might be allowed to play her right now.

still no share of mark of caine pdf?

JUSTICE FOR CRYX

Menoth suffers from the same problem as Skorne and Trolls; all of your lists are taxed by auto include support. You think it's a 25 point list, when really you only get 21 points. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it's like 7-8% of your whole list.

You asked if you should run it. Consider that a "n", as it's bad.

I'm not the first guy, and I'm not saying its super bad. You might want to pick out some bits to differentiate the colors, like the knee plates and the ones on the feet, just to break it up a little. The blue, are you going for a blend look? That's the weirdest part for me. You might want to work with wetter layers. Here's a picture of my Hand of Judgement, I haven't gotten around to painting my Scourge yet. If you vary the colors a bit I think it's easier to distinguish the different parts. Maybe a bad example with all the gold, but you can see what I'm talking about on the legs. Also are you going for a red sword or a heat effect? I can give you a few tips if you want.

Derp forgot picture.

I like it user, as several others have pointed out, Warmahord players ain't famous for their willingness to paint their armies.

I have several fully painted, but most of my mates just play assembled with a few models painted tops. I don't mind that much, but I know it would enrich the game if both players fielded fully painted armies. And its a great way to ensure its not all about the "pay to win", if you say all units must be painted.

Haha, oh wow, thats rich! Ok, sure there are always those guys who don't paint their shit, but to complain and correct if you don't hold up to a masterclass standard (like they do over at /wip/), thats just to much!

So I play Circle and I was just waiting for january Errata to buy some stuff.

Now I know that I have to wait up to February cause Kaya3, Loki and Theme Force.

The nice part is that PP fuck with Errata I will sell instead of buy.

Choir is so good, even if your jacks got the +2 P+S it provides, they'd still be an auto-include in every list, don't kid yourself.

>PP
>ever not fellating Circle players
Your stuff will be fine.

I'd drop Handlers in a heartbeat if all of my relevant beasts had +2PS.

And speaking of painting models, here's a Void Spirit that I just finished. It's my 2nd one, and I'm quite proud of it. There's definite improvement since I first started.

Handlers are worse than Choir, though. More expensive, and everything except +2 STR is worse than what the Choir has to offer.

If Handlers had their MAT pushed up to 6 I'd stop complaining about them. They're actually an incredibly point efficient way of killing infantry when they can land a hit, like under Makeda1's Carnage. Inbuilt 11" threat range with MAT7 and anatomical precision? Hell fuckin' yeah man. But at present the only things my Handlers kill is each other when I want souls on my Soulwards.

The choir kill no-one with their mat 4 and pow 6. I've even had some instances where it mattered, too.

I'd sooner pay less and not have the offensive potential without losing the STR though. Revert back to Mk2 Handlers when? Hell leave the points the same, just give me my free fuckin' charges PP, I ain't launched Molik Karn at someone in FOREVER.

So Veeky Forums how good are they?
Got a box lying around, and was tempted to assemble and paint just for fun.

They should be absolute beasts with every caster that can deliver them. Goreshade3 can give them Stealth and Revive them, so he's probably the prime candidate.

It might be an unpopular assessment, but I think Lylyth1 is quite good. She has Pursuit and Parasite now, and can apply them from 16" away at effective magic ability 8 (one of her bow shot types is Witch Mark). Plus she has Prowl so the Succubus you're bringing for the free upkeep can make her Stealth'd every round. I like her a lot.

She does look really good, probably more so in Champions, where Sloan doesn't rip her a new one.

No need to apologize, interest in the game is good! Abbey2 is usually seen as one of our better armor crackers, because she speeds our stuff up and in the edition change our Carnivean-chassis beasts went down to Speed 5. But if you're not seeing GW every game (like I do with Alten Ashley everywhere) Abbey1 has a pretty deep toolbox to play with. In my opinion, you could use Lylyth1 for armor crack and Abbey1 for attrition and probably have a lot of successful and fun games after you familiarize yourself with the lists. Keep in mind Eyeless Sight no longer ignores forests for Line of Sight.

Nephilim Bolt Throwers are basically mandatory with any of our casters with a ranged weapon, since their Mk3 animus is Far Strike for Snipe on it or the caster. Lylyth and Vayle in particular get a lot of mileage out of one. Plus the gun is great pow with a chance at some control. Kryssa isn't bad per se, she's just sort of boring and really needs to win on her feat turn or she falls way behind. Her personal mobility is impressive for a spd 5 model but her personal threat is rather lacking.

Halp me with this Steamroller list, Veeky Forums. You clearly know more than me despite me having played this list quite a bit now.

Here's the list as it is now:

>(Xerxis 1) Tyrant Xerxis [+28]
- Agonizer [7]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Cataphract Cetrati (max) [20]
- Tyrant Vorkesh [6]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Void Spirit [4]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Gremlin Swarm [3]

And here's what I'm considering:

>(Xerxis 1) Tyrant Xerxis [+28]
- Agonizer [7]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Cataphract Cetrati (max) [20]
- Tyrant Vorkesh [6]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Void Spirit [4]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]

>Dropped
Gremlin Swarm [3]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]

>Added
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]

My theory is that the PGMT can deal with infantry like Orin, and if I'm really worried about a spell like Hellmouth on Wurmwood which I KNOW will be at the Steamroller, I'll just run my other list (pMorghoul) which has Orin. The PGMT can also hit and run through my Cetrati because of Xerxis. The reason I'm thinking of maxing my Handlers is because it's the only way I can really get any souls on my Soulward, and the Soulward is a HUGE threat to Hordes armies, which I think I'll be facing more of. The Bellows Crew is just a nice way to spend your last 2 points in Hordes.

WHAT DO

If you have Karax, they're usually a better choice than Cetrati as they perform the tarpit role for much fewer points and are faster. If you are adamant on Cetrati, however, Xerxis is certainly where I'd use them. Might want to consider Despoiler or Tiberion but I'm aware that's a lot of points to swap around. What are you planning on having this list drop into, besides not Wurmwood or other spell-heavy warnouns?

The Cetrati aren't there as a tarpit, they're there as a tarpit/brick/huge damage unit. I honestly wouldn't consider Despoiler outside of Mord, or Tibbers at all. Tibbers just costs too many points man. I'd sooner have a Sentry and an Agonizer in just about any list.

As for when I use the list, this is my go-to safe list, it isn't really a drop for anything. I don't even think Wurmwood is that big of a concern for this list honestly. I'm always panicking about Hellmouth because the spell is obscene, but he can't even target my Cetrati. The hope is that this is a list that my opponent is forced to answer, as opposed to a list that tries to answer. PS13+5d6 on the charge Cetrati are a sight to behold. And having realised that Cetrati can't be hit with Hellmouth anyway, I don't think the list needs Orin so I'm most likely going to go with the 2nd list.

To sate your curiosity, the other list is generally better for cracking ARM, but I'm confident it has game against most anything.

>(Morghoul 1) Master Tormentor Morghoul [+30]
- Agonizer [7]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Nihilators (max) [15]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Void Spirit [4]

I got the old limited 35 pts box dug up from my basement just recently, and have the new starter set to play along.
I was hoping to be able to play Agathia as my deliverer due to her feat. This goes for my Bane Warriors as well.
I haven't played much mk3, and the only reason I never got around with Cryx in mk2 was my other projects and that all my friends constant complaints about the team. Now though, its a totally different story!

+2 STR is still worse because choir buff works on ranged attacks.

Go play Tubby instead. Rasheth is vastly superior if you actually want to win games.

I just don't wanna get hold of him desu senpai. He's an expensive model and my case ain't got much space left.

That's fair. Main suggestion for Despoiler or Tibbers is that they both hit pretty hard and bring their own utility (Tiberion beats things to death and goes nowhere while being a durable shield guard and Despoiler helps Xerxis camp a little more). Mostly from what I have seen Cetrati are either not survivable or very slow on the approach, but your experience with them may be better I'll admit.

I'm not afraid to pop my feat defensively is the big thing I think. I'll happily move to within 6" of my opponent and go up to pseudo 26ARM and just weather the storm before cracking back. The Sentry's Retaliary Strike animus also gets the extra dice lel. The only thing that can realistically get through that much ARM at my LGS is the Minions player because Rask and Wrasslers makes for muchos damagos, as well as snacking negating tough.

I do wish the Sentry had better damage though. His giant Helberd has POW4, while a Nihilator's Greatsword has POW5. That just feels wrong to me.

The thing with Handlers is inescapably a mk2 to mk3 comparison thing. Beast Handlers got more expensive, not even as a relative thing, as an absolute thing. As a relative thing, there are less points to work with. Handlers also got less capable.

So, to recap: More expensive, less total resources to spend on them, and less capable. "How about we avoid this problem entirely" becomes hella attractive.

To say that Handlers became less capable is not a definite thing. +1" on a throw is definitely a tool you can play around with. Throwing 9" under Morg1 with a Bronzeback can be stupid, especially if you're throwing a Sentry who lands on his feet anyway and immediately ties shit up.

But man I'd love to go to back Mk2 Handlers.

Those are fair points. I'm just not sure our list hits hard enough if/when the Cetrati die to really go toe-to-toe with much. I suppose it's a meta situation. If it works for you, it works. I don't know your meta. I feel that most gunlines worth their salt will either circumvent dealing with your list the way you want and kill Xerxis or simply chew through the Cetrati and leave you without enough oomph to piece trade effectively. Enrage only lasts for a Turn so the Sentry probably isn't killing or crippling much with Defensive Strike. Just things to keep in mind I suppose. If our meta can't deal with it then keep rocking it dude.

>Halp me with this Steamroller list, Veeky Forums.
I can't see any Ferox in that list. Come back to me when you ahve Ferox in your list.

Don't forget that Xerxis can give a warrior unit/model +2 damage on its first roll, making Cetrati basically PS13+3d6, a very respectable slab of damage without charging/feat. My meta doesn't really have gunlines, with the only Ret player being the guy who I know is bringing Wurmwood. The only things at my LGS that will resist Cetrati damage are Khador jacks, and Morghoul will deal with those fucks. All in all I'm quietly confident, especially since I have a high win rate at my LGS in normal games.

XD

We Metal Slug now.

How are its rules?

>XD
I'm dead serious. It's the strongest unit in Skorne.

Cetrati hit harder and are more survivable while having more models and costing less, it's mainly a speed advantage.

For 1 more point you can get 2 units of Karax.

>For 1 more point you can get 2 units of Karax.
Why not both?

Ferox are the only unit in Skorne that put pressure on the opponent. I'd rather face Cetrati any day. Sure, Cetrati take more to kill, but they don't actually do anything for 3-4 turns. Especially when confronted with something like Lightning Pod + Time Bomb. They're very easy to control.

>Why not both?
Because at some point you need to actually kill your opponent's shit.