Veeky Forums Winter Ball Discussion Thread

>We are going to the ball with /vp/, with Veeky Forums and maybe /x/ coming along as friends.

Ongoing projects:

>Aderall-kun is making a Pokemon tabletop system where all battles are played out over www.pokemonshowdown.com. >An Ork reimagining of the famous Greek story "The Odyssey" for Veeky Forums .
>Veeky Forums has challenged /vp/ to a Pokemon battle to prove our affections! I'll post the current team in the thread. We must nominate an user to fight on our behalf.

Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/tournaments/signup/tiX7vjjTx1
play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-randombattle-476114376
play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-randombattle-476115913
play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-randombattle-476121279
play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-randombattle-476129359
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Our team for the upcoming match against /vp/. Based around Veeky Forums in general, I'd say we did a pretty damn good job of telling the board in this composition. It's not bad as an actual Pokemon team either.

Link to the Pokémon RPG thread:

Any and all input is welcome, even from the idiot trying to shit the thread up (he keeps it bumped for us)

Posting our date/bro/friend board's threads.

How should we nominate our user ? Maybe hold a mini-tournament and pick the winner as our representant ?

Or we could roll. That would be Veeky Forums as fuck.

>(You)

What's the ETA on that? Do you have some way of contacting you for quicker work-shopping on this project?

Of course we're going to roll. That's not even a question.

But it's going to be a mini-tournament of rolling.

It has some flaws as a comp team, but it does cover Veeky Forums pretty well.

Shit, well guess we need a place for people to sign up.

I was going to nominate the guy who made the movesets and stat spreads on Showdown in the first place. He obviously knows what he's doing.

Proposing some Changes to the roster.

Swapping out Gallade, Salamence and Ursurang.

Feel free to judge accordingly.

I changed Sir Bearington specifically because he had levels in rogue

Hold up guys. Perhaps rolling isn't the best option. We want to win but most of all we want to give /vp/ a good match. If someone who doesn't play Pokemon that often gets rolled in, it'll be a bit disappointing for both parties. I think this user had the right idea.

I do like replacing White Knight with Elf Slave, but we need a traditional dragon. Also Ursaring is using Facade.

I changed Salamence because it seems rather boring for a choice, and a little Warhammer in the mix never hurts anyone.

Well the idea is nobody who is shit will sign up to roll, because nobody will be happy with a bad player at the helm.

>Grymloq
That's more /m/ than Veeky Forums surely.

He seems to have the right idea of it all, but that's also not fair to the anons who want to try their hand in it.

Winning would be nice, though.

Who's working on the Orkish Illiad? I can handle the RPG, but we need someone on that.

what do we get /x/?

Perhaps it was a little to obscure.

Grymloq was the name of Kroq-Gar's Carnosaur mount in Warhammer fantasy.

Same colour scheme and everrything, even has a little gold.

I say we keep the roster as is. I see no need to change it. I think Gallade has his place on the team more so than Azelf does.
Ursaring has facade so there's your Rogue levels.

Maybe something with a False Hyrda?

I guess I could, if you don't mind a super simplified version of it.

>"OI! WHO'S OUT DERE, DEN!?"
>"IT'Z ME, YA ONE-EYED GIT! NO-BUDDY AXED-YOU!"
>"WHO'Z NO-BUDDY AXED-YOU, DEN!?"

>tmw Veeky Forums-tan isn't taking more dates to a single dance than you ever will

How's the Ork adaptation of the Odyssey going? That sounds hilarious.

I do like 's idea, and I would gladly pick the guy, if he's up for it.
Though if there are other people willing to try their hand at it, it may be worth it to measure them against each other. I don't know shit about Showdown, is it possible to make a few quick matches to decide, if that's the case ?

How could I forget?
Veeky Forums is our audience.

I was going to work on it tonight after I got off of work.

/x/ is still trying to decide between /v/ or our posse.

I thought they decided to come with us since everyone accepted

I'm just throwing a few things out there.

I dislike gallade and Salamence because they seem a bit predictable and bland.

I mean, if we need a Knight, why not Bisharp?

I think I stick with Tyrantrum over Salamence though, Because of

Are you guys done yet?

You've already made ten threads so far, filled with nothing but stupid bump chatter, and it seems like you intend to do this for the entire rest of this month. What have you made so far, other than embarrassments out of yourselves? Are you really just a bunch of loser idea-guys who can do nothing but spam, scribble, and write terrible fanfiction?

Why? Hoping some newfag drawfag will take pity on you and draw your terrible OCs for free? Hoping that just by sheer repetition and spam you can establish some sort of legitimacy for this vanity project of yours? Even though these threads are banned and deleted on just about every other board and the general quality of your content is considered a site-wide embarrassment?

"Oh look! We're having FUN by spamming our stupid board fanfiction!"

How about you have your spamming fun in /b/, and stop making and bumping these mindless threads on all the other boards? Your bump chatter is so transparent, you should be ashamed of yourselves for that alone, even ignoring how awful everything is that comes out of this project of yours.

This isn't for Veeky Forums, or for Veeky Forums. It's for your pathetic egos, saturated in years of sunk-cost fallacy.

I like the mini tournament idea. I'll make a challenge bracket that people can sign up for. The tournament will be random battles because the tiers are all mixed around. I feel this is the easiest way to nominate someone.

Everyone who is interested should make.an account on challenge. Make sure your showdown name is the same as your challenge name or we will never find each-other.

For those of you who aren't watching the multiple threads, here's a news bulletin :

>/x/ is conflicted between going with us, but as a possible fourth wheel, or going with /v/ as their main.
>/pol/o/ is in full swing and is producing art by the truckload.
>/int/ and /r9k/ are having initial talks, fueled by /pol/
>[s4s] is considering a whole lot of people, including /vip/ for some reason.

In regards to who /x/ is going with, please don't interfere with their threads too much. Talking to them is fine, but let's not fuck up their polls and votes. I would also like to encourage someone to help with making stuff for Veeky Forums, because Herodotus isn't going to be a side-bitch.

Challonge*

I think they should go with /v/.

/v/ did some great Nightmare before christmas inspired shit for /x/ a while ago.

Wasn't /c/ and [s4s] kind of locked down? Also you forgot /cgl/ finally getting the nerve to stick with /u/.

Swapping Tyrantrum for Salamence would give us a rock attack type and reduce the Ice weakness.

We have the fighting weaknesses Tyrantrum could give with Crobat, Aegislash and Sableye.

Also Lizardmen reference is great.

I can dig it, but we need to blast through it.

>aged up /vp/-tans

Why must artists be faggots

Thanks. /c/ and [s4s] might be locked down. I'll check their thread again.

Someone's deleting the /pol/ threads, so their drawfags might move over to Veeky Forums.

I've completely forgotten about Veeky Forums and /cgl/. Sheeeeit.

We can't ditch a traditional dragon though. Gallade is probably the most replaceable of the team.

They are 17 now, so moot point.

From what I read/heard effay is either completely apathetic or seemed to be interested in /mu/. /cgl/ though is set on /u/ like I mentioned, and considering the handful of stuff produced between them /u/ is willing to give them a chance.

>implying any board-tan has grown with age

They are 10+x years old, where x is the number of generations of pokemon.
They're 17 years old now.

/vp/ gets older with every generation

I think the point sort of comes up, do we exchange generic Veeky Forums related things like Knights and Dragons with things related to Veeky Forums memes and culture?

stop trying to make false hydras a thing

Alright guys, here it is. The tournament to decide who gets the honor of facing /vp/ in their most sacred sport.

Remember to make your www.pokemonshowdown.com name the same as your challonge so as to avoid confusion. Matches will be in random battles.

It was just the weirdest thing off the top of my head.

The point was about their age. But I think we should stay more general.

I was talking about the Pokemon team.

Forgot to mention, make sure you are in the Lobby on showdown so we can actually find each-other.

That was why I should say we should stay more general.

Where is it?

That link just leads to showdown itself bro.

I thought the /vp/-tans being older was a cop out so that no one had to draw loli stuff from when they went with Veeky Forums?

Bless those that still did, of course.

Oh god damn it wrong link hold on.

challonge.com/tournaments/signup/tiX7vjjTx1

Basically, yes.

Thank you.

As a Veeky Forums user, generality doesn't seem to be the point of the board really.

Also, this pokemon tourney, do we play using the Veeky Forums team or custom teams?

Random battle. Isn't one of the common sayings that Veeky Forums is the only board you need?

They are going to be played in the random battles tier. That way everyone is on at least a semi-equal playing field and it makes sense with the actual match not being bound to a specific tier.

Pretty sure that's our slogan.

yeah, we tried to get it done in latin but couldn't find a translation which sounded good

Anyone who wishes to have the chance to face /vp/ in honorable combat needs to sign up to the tournament. Otherwise you may miss your chance.

Randomness is pretty much the defining characteristic of Veeky Forums and board games in general.

Also, is it possible to follow the battles without actually taking part ? Not used to challonge.

You can spectate

Yes, totally. There is a spectator mode. Just look for the name of whoever's battle you wanna watch in the list of people in the sidebar on showdown, click them, and a list of all the battles they are currently in will pop up. Just click those and you can spectate the match.

Or if everyone wants people can post links to their battles in the thread so anyone can watch without having to go through all that.

would any of you be up for some casual randoms afterwards, or during the winter ball period? /vp/ board hopper here, it'd be fun. Could help anyone who's not too versed into pokemon to git gud too

Posting links seem better. Shit works well on /vp/'s showderp

LAST CALL FOR SIGNING UP TO THE TOURNEY. IF YOU WANT TO TEST YOUR SKILLS, SIGN UP. THE TOURNAMENT WILL START IN 3 MINUTES.

Thanks. I really want to see how it'll turn out. And who will get to (maybe) claim /vp/'s heart.

Alright guys the tournament is started. The tier is random battles and don't forget to link your battles in the thread.

Make sure you're in the Lobby on Showdown so your opponent can find your name.

>Primal Groundon

In a heated battle between Morse and Grabpoid, Grabpoid came out as the victor and moves on to the finals!

The next match between myself and Father Grimnar is a go!

>heated
Nah, it was a stomp. I messed up earlier in the match by switching too much and not thinking about counters.

Mono weak to rock

GRAND FINALS

I don't really know anything about competetive pokémon play, but im getting kinda into spectating it from our mini tourney.

After an exilerating battle from both sides, I managed to pull on top thanks to a bro Torterra!

LET THE FINALS BETWEEN MYSELF AND GRABPOID COMMENCE!

Is that what competitive pokemon looks like?

That was hype as all hell.

Well, that was epic.

>Insomnia was useful
>Balkest of all hot munkay diks balked to the end
>traps everywhere
>Sir Bearington cannot be fooled by disguises or illusions

You guys are the best

Fuckin sicc match

You forgot BROterra.

IN A NAIL-BITINGLY CLOSE MATCH THAT HAD EVERYONE ON THE EDGE OF THEIR SEATS, GRABPOID HAS PULLED THROUGH VICTORIOUS! GRABPOID, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ON YOUR VICTORY?

That was pretty fun actually.

Yes, but with more genies and stall.

>Winning time is composed almost entirely of Waifumons.

pretty much

That's why I love Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums - /trap guild/
I'd say to change our roster to have some traps in there as well, but I think what we have is good. Great job to all who participated. It was a blast.

I can't wait to be 6-0'd

REMOVE GENIES

And then I fucked my name up

Here's hoping /vp/ won't go full Smogon on us.

/vp/ here, you up for another one? Shit was pretty fun. Quick random match just for kicks?

I half expect them to go full Showderp.

Sure

I'm up for anything.

My match was so anti-hype

Bonus Round!

play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-randombattle-476129359

link pls