Open for business

How would you run an medieval economy based RPG like in Spice and Wolf

I don't know, but I want to play it. However, I'd probably ruin the experience because I'm an econ student.

I have an entire pdf detailing ground-up farm economics for medieval fantasy games.

Shittons of different currencies, counterfeit money and speculators.

Post it

I hear the slave trade is usually pretty profitable. In most medieval societies, you'll find one kingdom at least that supports it. If you can get high quality slaves, you're set for life.

Until an adventurer comes to bust up your business or something, but fuck it, you're still rich.

With a lot of fluffy tails.

Use Ars Magica 5th Edition. There are plenty of resources to run an entire campaign based on mundane merchants.

Eh. It'd be half intrigue, half bartering.

I mean, it's hard to follow a decent story arc without conflict, and moving from one city to another buying and selling isn't really good material for that, so I'd shore it up with a lot of political/societal intrigue, while focusing a lot on character interaction in the day-to-day.

A correct rumor is as good as gold in the right ear.

thanks man

Thanks dude

There's so much labor involved in food production at that level of technology. Serfdom suddenly makes a lot more sense.

L I T E R A L L Y Ryuutama

Me personally? GURPS Social Engineering, Low Tech, Low Tech: Life and Economics, City Stats, Boardroom & Curia. Probably Mass Combat too since I just know my players would try to raise a farmers levy against the status quo 'exploitative fascist dictator of a king and his tax collectors' or whatever.

Also there's a Pyramid specifically about working the life of a trader/merchant, I'd use that too.

When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

Yes, you would fit in just brilliantly.

Bullshit. Ryuutama doesn't say shit about economics.

>A system where all players are economical advisors of rival kingdoms, seeking to form a peaceful confederation that can stand up to outside forces by making them economically interdependent
I'd play it.

FATE. Social combat areans are deals being made at the negotiations tables. Or when merchants duel with words, you'd literally have the rules to work out social fights and damage each other's composure/mental/social/money health bars instead of physical.

first I fugg the wolf

tender and lovingly