I love the Ad Mech but I'm at a loss at which to collect, do I collect a 30k cybernetica force...

I love the Ad Mech but I'm at a loss at which to collect, do I collect a 30k cybernetica force, or a 40k Skitarii/Mechanicum force?

Other urls found in this thread:

wargameexclusive.com/shop/mechanic-adepts/adeptus-mechanicus-kastelan-robots-heads/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hijacking ops thread to ask how skitarii fare vs the stronger armies rn

30k mech has far better models with arguably better rules. By better I don't mean "more powerful" I define it in the sense that the rules allow you to get a better feel for your chosen faction.

well, do you have more fun playing 30k or 40k? alternativly do more of your friends play 30k or 40k?

40k skitarii player here (well skitarii/admech player here). We do alright, its a fairly competitive army with a strong shooting phase and a lot of mobility. Not terrible at assault either really. The only thing that screws us is a lack of transports and psychers, but they can be worked around. If your looking to fight a top tier list, i'm talking about the cheesy broken bullshit you see in toxic ultra competitive scenes, well then we actually have an answer for that too. It's called the War convocation, and every time i field it i feel like a terrible person.

I personally find aesthetically they both have their own charms, the Castellean not withstanding

so far I have a becron army in 40k, and am tempted to either play a new army OR dive into 30k

That being said we really took a hit with the Faq that disallows use of battle brothers fast attack drop pods. I had to redo my entire list after that, but it still works out alright.

The Kastelan really isn't that bad, and i love those glorious sons a bitches now, i've never regretted it when i fielded them.

Maybe, but I just can't find anything that compares to the Thanatar.

in terms of stats to be sure, but I'm getting the third party heads to help them

If you've got a group in your area who play 30k, Cybernetica would be my vote. I should also mention the guy who runs 30k Cybernetica at my LGS also runs a Mechanicus list with most of the same models. They're dead sexy and unless your opponent is feeling like a dick there's no reason you can't use a Castellax as a Castellan, tech thralls as scitarii or Thallax as rust stalkers/dune stalkers. He picked up a couple of boxes of the gun servitors dudes, I can't remember what the hell they're called, because the models are pretty good and there isn't really anything he's got that looks like them rim the 30k line.

Is it really that bad? I mean honestly i don't feel that the one held up for comparison looks any better personally. It's a pretty reasonable streamlined minimalist design. but still, out of curiosity where are you getting those? The heads i mean.

wargameexclusive.com/shop/mechanic-adepts/adeptus-mechanicus-kastelan-robots-heads/

do the armies have any legit crossover? liek can you mix them at all or is it absolutely exclusive

Ok i admit, that looks hella better. I mean i still think they look fine as is but...okay yeah i'm going to need to get a few of those.

Right now they're exclusive but FW is borrowing a couple plastic parts for 30k and they are trying to work on making them a bit more cross-compatible like space marines are.

But at the moment, completely separated. You can always use whatever rules and models you want though, the models are clearly similar enough to swap.

Hmmm I do like the Vorax and they Could make good Striders

The next Imperial Armour is going to add a bunch of 30k robots to 40k when the AdMech awakens them to fight off the Tau, but I don't know which units are going to be included.

30k Ordo Reductor force, of course.

Forgive a new fag, but are forgeworld rules legal? If i was to say go down to my local store for the 40k league or a tourney or something? Or are they casual only.

They used to require opponent's permission but a year or two ago they just rolled everything together. You might get some people who don't like FW saying no to it, but it's no less legal than any other GW thing people don't like, like Tau.

Some stores also don't allow it, either because they don't know enough about it or because you can't buy FW stuff at their store.

So from a normal starting point, everything that FW makes FOR 40K is legal for 40K. But some places don't allow it, which is their choice, they can not allow black people or dogs or whatever and it's the same thing. Also some FW stuff is 30k only and not allowed in 40k.

that sounds like a cool fight, I can Imagine the tau generally think rather poorly of the Ad-Mech

>called the War convocation

Care to explain what that is please?

Oh geez, alright. The Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation came out in White Dwarf issue 69. It consists of 1 Admech battle congregation 1 skitarii battle maniple and 1 imperial knight oath-sworn detachment, all of which act as sub formations. Everything in the army get the Canticles of the Omnissiah special rule from the admech codex (which in and of itself can be quite powerful), you reroll warlord (pretty standard), and then the kicker all your war gear is free. No more choosing between boys and toys, just take it all. Oh, and no more gets hot either, all that plasma you picked up (which all of your troop choices can) ? don't worry, it cant explode in your face.

Collect 40k Skitarii. Very few people play 30k so you'd have models but nobody would play you.

I think the real question is if you can find 30k or 40k games on a more regular basis

dude wat

That's it. What is not comprehended?

Pics?

If I wanted to ally sisters to skitarii what do you think would be beneficial to take and fill in the gaps?

Am I wrong for preferring the 40k version?
FW's Mechanicus stuff seems too over-designed and awkward to me, like Michael Bay Transformers, or Blizzard designs.

No, you're fine. FW is fanfiction and not official anyway.

Sisters don't offer too much to Admech they can't do themselves, but the flamers are nice. Skitarii in particular have no flamers, so that is a gap that can be filled.

Thanks!

Teach me how to bait this good master

That's totally fair. 40k's defining aesthetic quality is being baroque and over the top. We don't need to make designs that are even busier. Same problem I have with a lot of Chaos stuff, despite them being my favorite army in fluff.

Never understood the hate for that thing in the first place. It reeked of the classic internet hate circlejerk, where a bunch of people decide they don't like something, then a bunch of insecure memester twats dogpile in and compete to see who can hate it the most to try to fit in

Do they also get the Skitarii Doctrinas as well, or just the Canticles?

Canticles are army wide, Doctrina is not saddly. There is a formation for that actually. Gave both Doctrina and Canticles, and added new Doctrina and Canticles, but I don't run it, and I don't know the specifics. It required electro priests as taxes and I refuse to buy that shit.

True. Fuck Electro Priests.

Well, how do they handle in Kill Team? I can't imagine much better off, unlike some models like Vespid who find their niche in it.

Are you asking how Admech and Skitarii in general, or electro priests in specific? Admech really can't kill team, other than priests, and I don't know how they'd do since I don't run them. Skitarii kick ass in kill team. Troops or Elites, doesn't matter both do well in my experience.

I'm just wondering about Electro Priests, either version of them in the dual box, in Kill Team.

From my initial observation, it seems like they just have subpar saves and weapons, although that's certainly enough to make them trash. Do they have any strengths of niches that work well at all, even in theory, or are they just that bad of a unit entirely?

cant be that good, no one took it

Honestly I'm of the opinion they are just bad period, but that's just me. Even if you run their formation that buffs them it's dependant on killing shit, and it's not that great of a buff if you manage to get it. They're just kinda meh all around as far as I can tell. That being said if they float your boat you can probably figure something out, I just haven't bothered to try.

Addendum, forgot to answer one of your questions. As far as their intended function, it seems to me they are in the admech codex to give you bodies really, and you can so that better by bringing in allies with a solid troop choice.

40k admech are separated by 2 different codices and while war convocation is good, it's the definition of everything that has been wrong with GW. A hodge podge of stuff thats only good if you arbitrarily include everything of the shelf. Also some pretty predatory business practices.
>one ironstrider has a 6++, but three have a 4++ and free upgrades! BUY BUY BUY

30k admech has better models, will rape your opponent 6 ways to Sunday, and is generally patrician. Also, you can bet some of their options will be included into 40k with IA14. Woe to forgeworld autists.

Also the fluff and writing in the taghmata red book is phenomenal, even down to the naming conventions, even though most are impossible to pronounce and the array of options is dizzying. Your opponent will just assume you're fucking with them until they come to the terrible realization that 3 myrmidon destructors have preferred enemy (everything), BS5, and guns that cause more hits per unsaved wound. And that the Krios venator is an ordnance 4 lascannon with a flare shield.
>fucking four

Wait until IA14 comes out and then play both.

>guns that cause more hits per unsaved wound
Holy fucking shit, so it like, bleeds you to death if you keep failing saves?

I play all of them and I'd recommend 30k. Assuming you play people who aren't WAAC autists, you can easily play against 40k either way. The only 30k things that are possibly OP in 40k are massed Volkites vs hordes (which Admech can't really do anyway) and fight characters with a Paragon blade and that relic that lets you declare any roll as a 6, and even then the top armies in 40k are still way more OP. Beyond this the only inbalance mostly comes from the fact that the Legions are geared towards 2000 points and over, and will be mediocre below that, but again, this is not a problem for Mechanicus.
Compared with the 40k Mechanicus, the 30k armies have way more units and options, plus vastly different playstyles possible between Taghmata, Reductor and Cybernetica. Money won't be much of a problem if you go China.

Thanatars are definitely in, going by the pictures of the diorama. Beyond that I'd bet at least Myrmidons, Krios, Triaros, Macroarid, Techthralls and something like the Techpriest auxillia.
The only thing that really makes sense to restrict would be the automata and some of the more rare weapons.

Much better, they explode in a fountain of burning gore.

And then there's the Nanyte blaster relics that shoots nanomachines that munches it's target to grey goo, and can spread from unit to unit leaving wild devastation if you're lucky with your rolls. Of course, this is a pistol so you have to be pretty close to fire it in the first place...

How does china?

Op back, the more I think about it the more that Imperial Armor stuff makes me want to run a three way mixed force with some conversions to unify the aesthetics

These addresses may be helpful.

coolcastornot@vip DOT 163 DOT com
nobz@vip DOT 163 DOT com

That's probably best. Skitarii will definitely be included in future 30k updates, and with IA14 you can play 30k stuff officially in 40k.
Meanwhile, Skitarii can easily be standins for Techthralls, and if you buy 2-3 of the Skitarii start collecting box you'll have two spare techpriests to kitbash into Myrmidons or 30k Archmagi. Because oh boy if there are a lot of cool ways to outfit your Archamgi.

different user where can I learn more about the new IA?

Break into FW's office at Nottingham I guess. There was some info about it on the rumour blogs from an open day or something months back, where they showed the diorama, but since then there' been nothing.
The upcoming HH book got delayed a bit, most likely to coincide with the 1k Sons release in December, so I guess we'll hear more after that.