Depressed Sororitas Fan

I mean, I know they're getting new minis soon, but still. It's hard to forget 20 years of warfing.

Help me feel good about my favorite gals again, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

natfka.blogspot.com/2016/11/imperial-agents-and-traitor-legions.html
youtube.com/watch?v=CKKvdQPsMz8
youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They were always a pretty tacked-on army, user. Hopefully they just get rolled into inquisition as a troop choice or something and that's the last we hear of them.

Naw, they'll get a mini-dex like Amech or Skitariii, that really should be rolled into inquisition, but won't be.

Ow. That hurt. That hurt bad.

Not what I asked for.

Wrong bucko, all rumors are pointing to a full plastic army release getting their own Dex

I said hopefully, not what's rumored.

I think we can all agree they were at least a little waifu bait from the start. I genuinely can't see what about them is compelling enough to consider a full army release, much less sustain it as long as they did.

i actually kinda hope they don't come out cause i don't think my wallet can take it.

Well, as OP and as a gril, I can tell you they're one of the few things in the game and lore I can relate to. I've played them loyally for years. I love their aesthetic, I love their attitude, I love their badassery, I love their fortitude, and I love their mental strength.

I just want them to be recognized as a unique faction with unique flavor and finally get a good update in both the lore and the game.

As for the waifu bait, I can't speak to that, since I never waifu'd them, and waifuing them didn't get me interested in the faction.

Right now is the highest chance in the history of ever that SoB will get new units, rules, and plastic models. This is the era when you can make any army you want, in any combo you want, Genestealer Cults came back, you can have Custodes and plastic 30k, etc.

This is the least desolate time for SoB fans in the history of the game after their apparent abandonment.

I even heard they were thinking about bringing back squats as Tau auxiliaries

That's the not-Squats Demiurge xenos. The actual Squats they started screaming about how they're never going to come back as soon as someone asked.

im sorry user. so, so sorry

natfka.blogspot.com/2016/11/imperial-agents-and-traitor-legions.html
>via SharpDeadFace on Faeit 212
>Sisters are to be rolled into an imperial agents
>codex due for release late this year / early
>2017. They'll be with SoS, Custodes,
>Inquisition and most likely Assassins

What's the rumor accuracy for this SharpDeadFace guy? Frankly getting plastic SoS with amazing anti-psyker rules, and even plastic Custodes with future resin upgrades is worth having SoB squatted.

That should be one helluva codex to include all that.

Unless they squat some of the sisters and inquisition units (both of those each have a lot of separate unit entries), this codex should be really good with a lot of options and variety.

The inquisition codex alone has a TON of transports, so this gives you the option of taking an awesome CAD of custodes and SoS in land raiders and chimmies without needing to ally with another force. I think this is good news.

But again, the only thing that would disappoint me is if they squat some of the options and units from the inq and sisters dexes.

It'd basically be Codex: SoB, then an Angels of Death style supplement that includes Codex: Inquisition, Codex: Officio Assasinorum, and then the dataslates for SoS and Custodes. You gotta remember SoB is like 50-75% of a codex since all their units are just Sisters and Rhinos, and the other stuff is just mini-dexes and dataslates.

Bretonnia here, glad you ladies are getting your update finally.

I'd forgive a significant portion of warfing just for the Skitarii. I'm painting up a Kill Team of them now.

They release Sisters and I'll hang up my bitching hat one last time and retire to go bitch about other things.

EEK A ZOMBIE

Warfing implies SoB were impressive to begin with and only shown to be beaten to highlight how powerful the opponent is, which isn't true because killing SoB isn't impressive due to how weak they are.

That's hurtful.

I'm already planning paint schemes for my Sisters if the rumors turn out to be true.

Sisters have never sold well. This is fact. Them getting new stuff is legitimately surprising considering they've always done poorly sales-wise.

I won't lie, a waifu army is one part of the appeal, but generally I just like the French knight theme, the army of badass warrior women, and them being the Chamber Militant of the Ordo Hereticus, which is what my Inquisitor in Dark Heresy was part of.

If true, I'm actually okay with that.

I'd much rather the Sisters be rolled into an Ecclesiarchy codex, because a full Ecclesiarchy codex would be awesome, but I think they work with that Imperial Agents codex.

The Inquisition no longer has Chamber Militants, no longer canon. The only official fighting force that is part of the Inquisition as a whole are the Red Hunters, a second founding chapter that was made to help hunt down the traitor legions during the Scouring, and act as the Inquisition's personal chapter.

Red Hunters also have really cool Chpater Tactics, but unfortunately, no characters to speak of.

Hope is the frist step...

Hi Courtney.

I feel like GW (and, to be fair, the player community at large) can't see past the hurr-durr-boobies and kinky repentia stuff (not that those aren’t worthy of respect and appreciation) long enough to see the sister's true potential as something that's actually an awesome part of the lore above and beyond being smut-fuel.

I typically see SoBs portrayed as perpetually angry war-dyke steriotypes but the always-angry/stern archetype is already so overrepresented in 40k I think the SoB should go in a different direction. They do spend massive amounts of time just standing around as honor guards for holy sites and churchie big wigs and the like so they should absolutly look ornamental and ceremonial as all hell. They should be a lot like the Swiss Guards, the vast majority of people see their poofy orange and blue ren-fair costumes and halberd and assume they're more mobile set pieces than for-realsies warriors not realizing that underneath that gaudy uniform their wearing kevlar body armor and have uzzies.

My sisters would seem compassionate demure introverts helping the old ladies who drop their cane when entering the cathedral because thats what the emperor would do. What most citizens would be totally oblivious to is that these ornamental ecchlesiarchy affectations can instantly go totally foaming-at-the-mouth bonkers the instant someone uses the emperors name in vain or shows a bishop insufficient deference and rip the offender apart eversore-style then instantly turn back into sweet young ladies who seem like they should be teaching kindergarden.

I'd make them function as a fighting force like tempestus scions but with power armor and esoteric special abilities (maybe some mechanic like singing different war-hyms can raise a units BS or WS or what have you (like bards from DnD.

I'd make them buff the fuck out of allied units morale and make their singing and super gaudy gubbins intimidate the shit out of blobby infantry.

theres untapped potential here

>guardsmen and scions get Orders
>Tech-priests get Canticles
>Skitarii get Doctrina
>Sisters get Hymns

i could see it.

>no chamber militants
And it tears me up inside.
A neat idea, kicked aside because Space Marines having any kind of oversight isn't what the kids want, I guess.
You ever read Codex: Witch Hunters?
There was a lot of cool/weird stuff in there. Archo-flaggelants, Penitent Engines, all that shit that tied in nicely with the Sisters theme of being both holy warriors and the Imperium's internal affairs department.
The Sisters were also cool because, as frequently as they were portrayed as being pretty, the artists weren't afraid to show them being ugly/weird/creepy too. There are a lot of intense facial scars, aged, heavy set cannonesses, etc, that sort of blow the old cliches about warrior women staying pretty out of the water.
There's also a lot of cool off-the-battlefield fluff that links them to the more Dune-like aspects of 40k involving eugenics and political scheming.
The weakness comes in a lot of bad writing where the Sisters job heavily for various factions, without ever getting any cool wins of their own besides taking out Vandire... who they helped set up in the first place.
GW would never do it, but I'd like to see the Sisters come back as the Imperium's unofficial Marine hunters. Give them Favored Enemy: Astartes, that applies to both traitors and loyalists, and fluff up the idea that one of their jobs is exterminating chapters that get too big for their britches and start deciding to carve out empires of their own. They probably work closely with the Minotaurs from time to time, and have very chilly relations with most other chapters... except the Templars, who get along with them like a house on fire.

I've always thought that an army of sisters all singing as one while blasting shit and dodging and getting into the rip and tear would seem so impresive. Not just like auto-pilot chanting type singing but really belting it out.

>picture one of those youtube vids of somebody really going wild singing into their comb but instead of singing into their comb they're disemboweling someone with that kind of jolly zest.

Also itd probably be fucking terrifying just because it would seem so out of place

like that singing in the rain scene from A Clockwork Orange

Don't repost your garbage, namefag.

>GW ressurecting one old unsuccessful project by another
Wow, they looks really desperate. Sorry guys, looks like we broke it.

Each of the Adepta can be described by what they lack.

The Administratum are scribes, without judgement. The Astartes are killers, without fear. The Astropaths are seers, without freedom.

The Sororitas are guardians, without empathy.

They will help a fallen pilgrim to his feet, should the laws of the pilgrimage allow it. But should doctrine state that those who falter must be left where they lie, a Sister will let a pilgrim expire on her boot without a downward glance. Such is their devotion that they give up any semblance of empathy for the individual, for the holy suffering of the Emperor, and the needs of the Imperium, are their sole concern.

Sweetness, they have, and kindness too, but not drawn from the usual well. They tend to the dying. They soothe the fevered dreams of Rogue Traders and nobles with tales of heraldry and glory. To the poor and the lost, they are angels incarnate - the Emperor's mercy. But mercy is the one thing they lack - at His command, they would burn every one of their charges without shedding a tear.

I always figured it would be something like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=CKKvdQPsMz8
Mixed with:
youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8

But with artillery. And the crackling of flames.

>sisters soon

As they've been for the last 10 plus years.

The only reason I believe it this time around, is that I fully suspecting that exactly this would happen, invested in Eisenkern and Statuesque bits to build my own SoB.

Part of me is entirely convinced that me clicking confirm purchase on those orders send movements through time and space that made a guy at a GW meeting suddenly insistent on making a sisters release.

You can thank me later.

>x-wingfags being smug about tons of fa/tg/uys getting what they want

wat

>t tons of fa/tg/uys getting what they want
You mean Rhana Dandra?

Similarly, I'm sure that dropping a stack of cash on the Toughest Girls in the Galaxy kickstarter immediately caused GW to start producing these kits.

>tons
Dude, let's be honest, SoB probably most unpopular army in 40k.

Would it really take that many fa/tg/uys before you have a ton?

So what does the Astra Militarum lack?

My abused housewife heart can't take more lies.

Squat my army (again) or update them. The undead state of SoB saddens me

Maybe they've sold poorly because they haven't gotten updated minis in 20 years.

Backbone
And son, its Imperial Guard you faggot.

Give them plastic minis on par with DE update and Ill guarantee GW will be drowning with money. No one wants to buy overpiced metal.

Ill buy box of everything, they make. I Want My first army back in glory!

You havent heard of Toughest Girsl of Galaxy Kikstarter? thats basicly answer for not giving SoB fans new minis.

>GW would never do it, but I'd like to see the Sisters come back as the Imperium's unofficial Marine hunters.
rainbowwarriors.jpg

This is exactly how they should be.

>No one wants to buy overpiced metal.
>meanwhile Infinity metal minis sometimes chaper than new plastic GW

>Ill guarantee GW will be drowning with money
DE, despite being quite good, are not as much of a money spinner as you'd think. Part of why they haven't had the resin gaps in their line filled, though I'd very much wish it otherwise.

Only thirteen. Cults were the ones who had to wait more than twenty years.

>overpriced metal
Still. There's something undeniably charming about being able to poke out your opponent's eye by throwing bits of your army.

>Sisters have never sold well. This is fact.
They have always been very expensive to collect, and for years haven't even been stocked in stores.

Infinity is a skirmish game. Not even in the same ballpark in terms of barrier to entry.

Sure, but there is little of metal enyway, some minis have arms so thin my 0.7-0.6mm drill is ripping them like Rocco.
Lots of people in my club brought them so I only speak from my exp. That was untill I noticed how much Raiders you need for army and dropped wh40k gaming for good.
Sure, just as soul crushing when your fav mini drops from your hand un to table and bend or brak under its own weight. Just as my Nomad Sputnik did.
No metal for me in tabletop.

>Infinity is a skirmish game.
So as AoS, but for some reason 3 varanguards costs 100 USD while 2 new bikes costs 40.

GW are actual Vampires

I could get behind that.

I'll be laughing hysterically, uncontrollably, when all these Sister of battle rumours turn out to be out-right lies and Sister of Silence mistaken identities.

Will you hang yourself if they go out? That would be a double win.

>They were always a pretty tacked-on army
In a way this was actually literally true even from a dev perspective.

The Sisters of Battle, Deathwatch, and Grey Knights ARE still considered Chamber Militants of their respective Ordos, they're just no longer wholly subservient to them.

>I know they're getting new minis soon
You wish.

Why would I hang myself?
Nothing sets these rumours apart from every other year and yet for some reason everyone and their dog has decided that this time it's for real.

If, against all odds, it's true, then congrats.
Meanwhile, the amount of impotent tears that'll issue forth as it's inevitably false, again, will be glorious.

I'll laugh when the sobfags are all whining about how the new stuff doesn't match their headcanon.

Like everyone does when their factions get updated?

Imagine the endless rivers of tears which will be caused by the new plastic kits. I can see it already!
> waaah manfaces
> worse than the old metal models
> I want my old bolters
> can't even buy the old metal models anymore fuck you GW!

I'd rather have an Ecclesiarchy codex.

Be neat if they start consolidating Codices. Probably not going to happen with how much they've fucked things with detachments and shit.

why sorry?
inquisition was in the witchhunter codex, they merely took it away. as for custodes and sos, they need a place somewhere and there is room under the benevolent mantle of the church

>Sisters have never sold well.
only a few monopose minis, last model in 2004, noone knew if they are next in the squatting line...

gee I wonder why they didnt sell

The Imperium has always run as the most byzantine system of checks and balances imaginable. I have a hard time imagining anyone in the Imperium, save the high lords, doing as he pleases.
The Inquisition still have theorical authority over everyone in the Imperium, and it's unadvisable to tell them to piss off unless you have a very good reason and/or want to start a miniature civil war.
And where do the Deathwatch funds come from, anyways?

Grishnak makes very good third-party sisters IMO.

>no high heels

Sorry. No fetishization, no buy.

>not fetishizing full plate
Wow, what a fag

Patrician taste.

I know it's sometimes looked down on, but things like full plate let your imagination run wild, which is awesome.

13 years of warfing, actually. Witch Hunters was a pretty good codex.

Joan i best girl, even in 40k.
I'd like to see the Ecclesiarchy expanded into. I feel like a lot of the religious elements have been monopolized by the AdMech recently (they do have a lot of appeal with the Religion+Tech combo)

Priests had war-hymns in the previous codexes.
Imo the only thing needed is a good overhaul of faith points and powers, to make it useful in most situations, if unreliable.

Hey anons, please post your best not!sisters minis. I need some bases for conversion.

Kopinsky's art is gorgeous. I'm really glad he made most of the illustrations in witch hunters.

>french special forces sink the rainbow warrior, a greenpeace ship protesting against their nuclear testing campaign in the pacific atolls.
>two years later in rogue trader, a battle nun with a fleur-de-lys emblem kills a rainbow warrior space marine.
I never noticed it until now.

Inquisitors do have essentially unlimited power granted by their charter, but if they demand too much with that power they'll eat a bolt to the back of their head, and if they piss off established Imperium systems they'll take a sniper's bullet before they can do too much damage.

Basically, an Inquisitor can tell everyone what to do, but they have to be careful when and how they exert that authority, because a lot of people do not want to be told what to do. And if they just up and step into the presence of someone who very much does not want to be investigated by the Inquisition, they might very well end up disappearing without a trace.

Most pragmatic Inquisitors would, say, politely "request" or "invite" a Space Marine chapter to help out on their mission, reminding them of their authority and their sanction by Terra, but giving them the honorable option to choose to commit to this conflict. Others might, instead of directly addressing those under investigation, work with rivals who likely already have their own networks ready to undermine them.

>Each of the Adepta can be described by what they lack.
>So what does the Astra Militarum lack?
>Each of the Adepta
>Astra Militarum
>Adepta

Got some lewds for ya.

There's also the fact that a large portion of the Inquisition's checks and balances is the Inquisition itself. Most Inquisitors (i.e., those not at the top) can't risk being too erratic, unless they want to fall under the scrutiny of their colleagues.

Contrary to the "Exterminatus every Tuesday meme, Exterminatus is considered to be an absolute last resort by the Inquisition. Whenever an Inquisitor calls it, it's almost always called into question and investigates by other Inquisitors, unless the one who ordered it is excessively powerful.

Unf. Dat pauldron.

Show me a single, official, SoB mini with high heels.
Pro tip. You can't. They all wear flats.

I need slightly more sensible Sororitas armor in my life. We can tell they're Sisters just fine without the tits. Modelling detail has gotten to the point where these things can be done somewhat subtly even with GW's exaggerated proportions and proclivity for the unrealistic.

>We can tell they're Sisters just fine without the tits
I remember a previous thread were an user made some good points that the Ecclesiarchy would probably want the armors to be oversexualized, to show everyone that they respect the decree passive and that no man is hidden under the helmet.

But it's a big galaxy with proeminent handicraft, there's probably more than a couple of various sororitas power armour patterns.

John Blanche's cover for the 2nd edition codex had a canoness with flamer high heels, though.

>Playing sisters with GW minis
>Those are the wrong minis

Finding relatively decent art of SoBs without boobplate is harder than I thought it would be.

Man, that would make an amazing alternate Celestine model.

You know, if it would actually release.

Learn your civics, lad.

Thanks.

That's just one of their fantasy melee Seraphim ladies.

Their actual Living Saint model is a bit more... grandiose.

They already send the freebies of their kickstarter

>salamanders
>dreads
It's weird how you can get so engrossed in somthing and then your entire suspension of disbeliefcould be thrown off so easily

Because only retards have a problem with boob armour.

Figuratively a man. Seriously. There's nothing identifiable female about that, when the only reason they're not burned at the stake in the largest public execution since the Emperor's fathersday breakfast of psykers is because people know they're female not men pretending.