Could there be a less relevant primarch?

Could there be a less relevant primarch?

Answer: No

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0xBCwkg3E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, I want to disagree purely based on the cool factor of Mongolians with motercycles but...

I mean for god's sakes isn't he nemesis with the DEldar, the most irrelevant faction in the game, aside from Jokaero. That in itself kind of shows how much of a footnote he is.

Aren't you meant to post things that get people to argue? Anyone with knowledge of the Primarchs would agree with you.

The two missing primarchs

check
mate [/spoiler

The 2 who we never see or learn about besides them being "purged"

But he likes to go fast

>he saw what was coming
>memes and internet arguments further than that eye could see
>bitching about Niket for untold millenia from the mouths of manchildren
Truly he was the wisest for shutting the fuck up, doing his job and leaving as soon as was polite.

This guy.

>Khan made it to Terra
>Russ didnt make it to Terra

>Khan slowed the entire Horus push
>Russ got rekt by just the Alpha's

>Khan Is actually a noble warrior king
>Russ is a wolfing wolfwolf

Name one thing Russ does better then Khan?

Fucking up Magnus' shit

>Fucking up Magnus' shit
Lol. Even at that Khan was better. Both Khan And Russ ignored the edict buy Khan wasnt a total hypocrite about it with 'muh rune preist and the power of Fenris'.

Besides if Khan was sent their to arrest Magnus I'm sure he would have actually done it unlike what Russ did.

Even those two get mentioned more often than the Khan.

They come up every time we discuss how they're supposed to be the Primarch of "your dudes".

I literally didn't know Jaghatai Khan was a primarch until this thread made me google him.

Khan wouldn't have made into Terra without Russ coming to his rescue.

He may not have the spotlight much, but he's one of the coolest Primarchs, at least.

What do you mean? Khan bails on Russ so he starts crying in his room until some Lutherite DA arrive and save his ass.

Path to Heaven's ending.

>Path to Heaven
I havent read it. I was going off wolf king. What happens?

Newfag

Chris Wraight basically has the Khan saying he knows he's on the outside and is forgotten but likes it that way

Just buy it and read it.

Sum is the Death Guard are chasing the White Scars attempying to murder. Can the White Scars survive this? They did thanks to Russ

Not really. They just happen to run into Russ… after all the fighting is done.

Ferrus Manus

What are you talking about Russ has nothing to do with saving Khan at all? In fact he's all mad that Khan left him behind at the previously mentioned Alpha legion shitting all over him.

Yeah, Russ is literally a footnote at the end. He has nothing to do with the story, they just throw him in at the end so we know where he is in the scheme of things. The Scars succeed because of the greatest librarian ever, Targutei Yesugei.

>The Scars succeed because of the greatest librarian ever, Targutei Yesugei.
>White Scars confirmed breaking the Edict of Nikaea
Guess Russ is going to go genocide their homeworld too huh?

Less relevant also means least hated, and probably generally just best. Pretty much every other primarch would cause a shitposting argument immediately.

Also, he's a rad warrior dude who seems down-to-earth and fairly middle of the road. I like him.

Corax

/thread

Istvaan V.

White Scars literally did nothing and are known for nothing except hur dur 40k bikes.

I can explain this. The Khan is simply so fast, you can't perceive what he does.

Siege of Terra

>White Scars literally did nothing
You utter pleb.

>Were the Great Crusades scouts creating opening for other legions to push through
>On the correct side during Nikaea
>Didnt really like the Imperium
>Stayed loyal anyway cause fuck Chaos
>Pivotal role during the Siege of Terra

Fucking relevent
youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0xBCwkg3E

Funny when everybody is bitching about the irrelevance of Khan, all of you forget to mention the way less important of the Primongs when it comes to the entire story: Ferrus Manus

Prove me wrong, fags. And don´t start to try to make the minor plot shit that they gave him look super essential. Because that was actually so expendable that it hurts...

>Prove me wrong
But Ferrus dies? It's to show off that this is serious and that Primarchs arent immortal. It's at the beginning of the HH and sets the stage for everything else that follows.

Claiming that he's irrelevant is odd when his death it's shown to be such a big deal.

Fucking right. Without the Scars reconquering of the landing site and cutting the supplyings for the traitors in half by it, Terra would have been overrun and the results could (better "would") have changed in a big scale.

You´re so right. Because he was such a stupid dumbfuck and ran into his brothers blade, he really changed a whole lot to the better for his loyal faction.

Except: Nothing at all.

Besides: The fact that primarchs can die, kind of gets established by the two already lost and rekt ones. Just saying.

You mean the event that revolved around Horus and the Emperor, with Sanguinius dying and Dorn failing? White Scars aren't even a footnote. Even the non-present DA, SW, and Ultramarines are more important to the siege due to forcing Horus's hand with their threat of arrival.

Fool, see

>Because he was such a stupid dumbfuck
If you didnt like him why didnt you just say that user?

His battle against Fulgrim his best friend during the Great Crusade holds no meaning for you? You dont see the divide that has been thrown open by the forces of Chaos as important? The lost brotherhood and betrayals?

>The fact that primarchs can die, kind of gets established by the two already lost and rekt ones
Yeah and your wrong again. Just saying. Theres no information about what happened to the missing legions. They were originally for people to create there own legion.

Who says I don´t like Ferrus? I would suck his posthuman iron dick if he´d ask. But that doesn´t change the fact that he was a stupid dumbfuck.

Oh, and the whole "brother betrayal" thing might be a nice dramatic thing to push the readers feelings in an more emo direction, but, well.......it is utterly irrelevant for the plot itself. Slaanesh would have baited Fulgrim anyway. Fact is: Fulgrim was already lost beyond recovery and would have gotten his fancy snakeleather demon look anyway, by sacrificing (or at least seriously trying) Perturabo.

And yes, it is in theory possible that the lost ones are still living all jolly somewhere, but at least there are more than a few indicators that there "had to be taken care" of them. And that they "had to go". *twink-twink*

Another fact is, that the primarch emo bitches are letting no opportunity pass, to mention that they are mortal and even their father is a human in the end and they have so many feelings and stuff and bla-bla-bla.....

So what? Ferrus was just a filler to produce a noble martyr and show the serious nature of the betrayal. Wow, no shit? Who would have seen this coming, if the authors wouldn´t sacrifice him right in the beginning? We would still wonder I guess....

I have no idea what this post is trying to get across other then the fact you're underage. You claimed he was the most irrelevant. I gave you reasons why that wasnt true.

>Ferrus was just a filler to produce a noble martyr and show the serious nature of the betrayal. Wow, no shit?
Of course its for narrative purposes and of course its not a surprise. Did I say otherwise? My point is Ferrus is relevant to setting the stage for the big fall of the Imperium. His death has consequences for the other Primarchs and shows the depths of the betrayal thats underway. Before BL started their series that was just about as much as everyone else had but theres not much BL could do with a dead guy so hes been left alone.

From the retcons I've seen that may be a good thing

>died right in the beginning and did next to nothing else
>wasn´t the most irrelevant character compared to all the other primarchs though, because....uuuh.....

user, your fanboyism may be honorable. But you´re starting to get really boring and desperate. And stop to build all that strawmans, please.

I didn´t say, he had absolutely no relevance at all. In fact, everything you just replied to convince me of that fact could have been copypasted from my own post before. But thanks for telling us again, what I already said.

Now name me one of his brothers, that was less relevant for the entire story than Ferrus. Because if you say he wasn´t it, then who was?
Who had less impact and caused less storylines?
-Who has less to say?
-Who shows us less about anything?
-Who has set less things in motion than him? (Attention: I didn´t say NO or NOTHING ... but LESS)

And then "underage".... So desperate. At least try, user.

At least try.

The best part of Scars was how Wraight managed to work the fact that nobody cares about the Scars into the story.
Also it's eternally hilarious to me that the Khan became one of the best Primarchs in all fields entirely because nobody cared about him.

>wasn´t the most irrelevant character compared to all the other primarchs though, because....uuuh.....
Yes that was a great summarization of my argument. I'll stop those strawmans straight away...

>But thanks for telling us again, what I already said.
Lets review again your first post btw . Yeah you really spelt that all out for us didnt you. Really nuanced post. You really dug deep to lay out this gem
>Ferrus Manus
>Prove me wrong, fags

You sure the points your trying to claim didnt come from my response here ? You know the points you dismiss by saying
>I didn´t say, he had absolutely no relevance at all.
Solid victory there my friend. Solid indeed.

>Now name me one of his brothers that was less relevant
If your arguement cant stand on there own merits dont expect me to have to argue something else against it. Youre supposed to be backing up your own claim lol. You said Ferrrus was the least relevant. Prove it.

Corax

I was going to say Ferrus because he dies and his Legion goes on to accomplish nothing.

Khan was at the Siege of Terra at least.

Mortarion.

Does he ever do anything interesting?

he smelled like the national food of sweden.

He's got 2 and a half books about him now, in which he beats the shit out of Mortarion, kills the best Keeper of Secrets there is, and makes it to Terra.

Ughhhh you should really re-READ the book bro.

They escape the Death Guard/Emperors Children, then make it to the edge of the Terran system, and Khan and Leman Russ talk. Khans all fucked up and says I'm not stopping, I'm going straight to Terra, if we're doing this, lets go.

I hate Wolf fuckers too but the basis of the Khan and the Scars retaining their Librarius division was that Stormseers, like Fenrisian Rune Priests, were commanding elemental powers through shamanic rituals.

citation?

Honestly, the White Scars largely being out of the spotlight is a big reason why I like them.

Other reasons being that I'm a sucker for the "cultured savage" archetype and bikers are probably my favorite Space Marine unit.

This isn´t 40kWikia or Lexicanum, user.

If you´re really that clueless and want to educate yourself, feel free to do your own research there.

Mortarion has less revelancy than the Khan, at least as far as the HH goes. On the occasion that the authors decide to write about him, it's mainly him trying to become more learned and failing at spell casting. Huffing all that gas seems to have put him at the mental capability of a spastic.

That's kind of his role. There's a short story all about him being so hard to get in touch with that even his own legion has no clue where he is while fighting some orks. And nobody except the Administratum chick trying to contact him cares 'cuz they all know that this is just the way it works with the Scars. And then he shows up out of nowhere and slices up a Warboss during the big battle like it ain't nothing.

He's inscrutable but not in the sneaky way of Alpharius or the closed-off war on Jonson but because he's more like a force of nature than a soldier.

In case you can't tell, I'm biased 'cuz he's my favorite primarch.

>commanding elemental powers through shamanic rituals
What are you going off?

Scars and paths to heaven definitely show that they understand that psychic powers come from the warp and the dangers that lie there. The hypocrisy isn't the same either as WS weren't trying to shut down the librarian program like the SW were.

Didn't the Khan wind up super acomplished and powerful soley because various writers kept using him to pad out lists of primarchs?

>relevant
>rɛlJv(ə)nt/
>adjective
>closely connected or appropriate to the matter in hand.

Define his lack of relevance. He fought his father's enemies, conquered worlds and whole systems and brought them into the Imperium, purged his legion of traitors, fought on Terra against the traitor forces and had a hate boner for DE and disappeared fighting them.

Reckon he did alright...

Mortarion is way, way, way worse than the Khan in relevancy. He's just there for extra bodies, and has few if any characteristics that are interesting. His reason for turning is also super dumb.

The Khan is deep, a noble warrior king who brought together his savage planet into a cooperative confederation. He's more philosophical than his brothers, capable enough in all aspects, humble, and respected by of all people, Guilliman, who only really respected like 3-4 other Primarchs.

Then he shows up to Terra, and fights there.

Pretty relevant. Just because he didn't have a bunch of internal drama like the Dark Angels doesn't mean he's any less relevant.

No internal drama?

Priceless kek....

Suggestion: Read "Scars".

what was mortarion and his legion good for, anyway?

Put your trip back on Magnus

TAKE THE KNOT

Being spooky? They weren't the best at it, but they were good.

He was the only traitor with a legit reason for rebelling.

And that was???

His Dad destroyed another legions entire identity because Mort doesnt like Magic.

you just revealed your furriness lad, only a furry would make that connection

They were meat grinders like the World Eaters or Iron Warriors. Just send them in to suffer heavy casualties and fuck shit up. Although they are more durable then your average Space Marine so it works for them.

>Implying you have an arguement against my point
Really what do you want me to say here? I've never used a trip, Russ is just a bitch as displayed in the fluff.

>be Morty
>get adopted by a power warlord
>sneak away one day to visit the less toxic parts
>realize psychics and demons use the human population as sport and cattle
>lead rebellion against psychic tyrant step father before meeting real father
>notice serious similarities between step dad and real dad
>decide to rebel for ideological reasons unlike brothers who were either possessed, lied too, zealots who need to worship paint drying, bitter or tricked by xenos

Holding the line, more or less.

It's just funny this thread was about the Khan and you show up all like FUCK RUSS FUCKING FURRY WOLF FUCKER REEEEEEE

>notice serious similarities between step dad and real dad
Both were psychic
Both were in charge
...?

>decide to rebel for ideological reasons
So that he can supports Horus and the warp?

>So that he can supports Horus and the warp?

He was against the Emperor he didn't know anything about chaos, by the time it became clear that Chaos was pulling the strings it was too late.

>It's just funny this thread was about the Khan and you show up all like FUCK RUSS FUCKING FURRY WOLF FUCKER REEEEEEE
>Im-fucking-plying

>Could there be a less relevant primarch?
This was the topic stated in the OP. Khans a boss compared to Russ and you still havent given a reason why this isnt true.

I think it's referring to how the Emperor hid secrets from the Primarchs which Mortarian saw more in line with his father. They were both just using Mortarian as a tool for their personal gain. It's probably something like that.

>Khans a boss compared to Russ and you still havent given a reason why this isnt true.

The fact that Russ is such a polorizing figure on here shows that he's a top 5 relevant Primarch

>he's a top 5 relevant Primarch
Russ's one 'victory' is two years before Istvaan. Thats it.

This so hard. Leman Russ is extremely relevant just read the lore. Christ the main tank of the Imperium is named after him

>by the time it became clear that Chaos was pulling the strings it was too late.
Hating Chaos so much you become Chaos doesnt work for me personally. Especially when his fall is just out of despair (Yes Nurgle I get it).

Him throwing off Horus as well would be more in character but thats not what happens so it just feels wrong.

This makes sense as well though.

>Him throwing off Horus as well would be more in character
How so? It's stated that many of his brother's feared Morty was more loyal to Horus than the Emperor.

>Morty was more loyal to Horus than the Emperor.
Which gets weird when Horus is much more like his 'father' then the Emps.

As time went on yes. But Horus was still the Horus everyone loved more or less up until Istvaan. As the HH went on he went more and more crazy. Also keep in mind that Primarch see each other like once every decade so Morty wouldn't notice the changes in Horus like we as book readers do

Nice try, Russ.

From Scars:
>'You use warp-born powers,' said Xa'ven, as if by way of explanation. 'That, we have learned, is a sign of the enemy. They do not follow the Edict, and it cost us on Isstvan.'
>…
>'I follow commands of my primarch,' Yesugei said. 'If he orders me to stop using gifts, I do so, but the Khan is out of contact for a long time.' He gave Xa'ven a half-apologetic look. 'in any case, he will take no notice of Edict. None of us will. The gift is part of who we are, has been for long time. Imagine if I tell you to put away your flamers, or you, son of Medusa, your metal hand. Would you do it?'

The WS are perfectly familiar with the warp, its daemons, etc. And they know that they're getting their power from there, and not from Chogoris.

> Primarchs of Your Dudes
> Not allowed to use them without your spess marines being Mary Sues

Fucking fucknuggets.

Didn't they keep their Stormseers because primarily the already insular White Scars were so far off from the rest of the Crusade, no one really knew?

>He gave Xa'ven a half-apologetic look. 'in any case, he will take no notice of Edict. None of us will. The gift is part of who we are, has been for long time. Imagine if I tell you to put away your flamers, or you, son of Medusa, your metal hand. Would you do it?'
On my way boss.

>he didn't have a bunch of internal drama like the Dark Angels

He did, a good chunk of his legion rebelling (most of them Terran born) almost delievered his Legion to Horus. That said, the traitors didn't know Horus went to Chaos, and willingly accepted executions and suicide missions to atone for how badly they nearly fucked everything up.

RUNE PRIESTS ARE PSYKERS, FURFAG!

PSYKERS!
WITCHES!

So, what is best in life?

>The Emperor never said anything against rune-priests
Doesn't look like it, daemon-fucker.

>>The Emperor never said anything against rune-priests
>Emperors said no psykers in the legions
>rune-priests are psykers
I can see why you like Russ tbqh.

Kind of funny the main psyker legion went full heresy and the go fast chapter maintained it's psykers just fine. Khan knows what's up. Do cool mind shit, don't listen to the daemons and keep going fast until you escape the mortal confines of speed and ascend.

>Kind of funny the main psyker legion went full heresy and the go fast chapter maintained it's psykers just fine.
Just shows how hard Russ fucked up by geocoding Prospero. Magnus was loyal at that point remember. You can't say he wasn't if your fine with Khan ignoring the Edict as thats all he did (Along with half the other legions too).

>geocoding
*Genociding. Thanks auto correct.

>Theres no information about what happened to the missing legions.

He was a stepping stone on Draigo's path to fame

I don't get it.

What's this picture supposed to indicate?