ME as GM: You open fire with your twin las-pistols on fully automatic...

>ME as GM: You open fire with your twin las-pistols on fully automatic, sending out a stream of bolts that rip through the chest of the Dark Eldar, turning it into a thin red mist. Then, before its head hits the ground, you shoot a round it, knocking it backwards into the Slave, knocking him into the Piranha pit.

>Autist: Ahem. You hit the left leg, not the chest.
>Other Autist: That's not in the rulebook.

If there actually rules dictating where I hit then I want the GM to use them rather that make bullshit up.

But... why?

Because there are rules for it. I want to follow the mechanics where I can or agree beforehand where we won't be. Suddenly not following them, when it has mechanical implications feels dishonest. Especially when the GM does it in my favor.

They just wanted to loot him, now they have to get into the Piranha Pit.

Well in the 40k rpgs which the OP is referencing there are different results on the critical table as well as talents that allow a player to have more influence on where they hit, The critical tables in that system are one of the more fun points for how ridiculous they can get if you ask me

If the enemy was going to die anyway it really shouldn't matter too much where you hit though

Mechanically, it makes no difference, the eldar is still dead, and the gm gets to have fun making shit up

Why not make shit up in such a way that he still hits the guy's leg

Bingo. Guy was dead anyways and the fighting was pretty intense. Me and the regulars (not autists) use the crit charts for the big crits, or for the last enemy to die.

The guy who actually did the shooting liked it. Felt like a cool gunslinger. It's the other players who got butthurt.

I don't think I'm that autistic but if I say "I shoot him in the leg" and then the DM says "you shoot him in the chest" my jimmies are bound to be rustled at least a little. Even if both would have the same result, I still said I did one thing and the GM went directly against it.

>rules say that hitting anything everywhere and getting it at -10 wounds kills it
>"butt i didnt hid it in body, butt leg"

>loot him
>filthy Eldar xenos
Yeah not happening... ever

are you kidding? Dark eldar are TELEPORTING STEALTH SPACE PIRATES.
The pockets of any given dark eldar could have literally anything stolen or appropriated from anyone in them.
You've got to give them a rummage, if only in case you find a full STC for superbolters in his ass that he thought would be kinky.

Unless if they're in the webway, the most they'd have is light spoils from the raid they're on and extra ammo.

That's a retarded attitude to take towards it.

That said, Dark Eldar weapons and certain other gear or technology might be pretty baller if a human were to get their hands on it and use it. Radicalism, sure. Heresy, probably.

But dammit, that splinter rifle has the Toxic effect.

well, you should probably try to loot the eldar after they loot.
Always pick the mystery box that is dark eldar loot, user.
Always.

>Pick up the box that is dark eldar loot
>Take 1d5 R because it is dark eldar loot and thus doubles as a knife or something

TB 5, bitches

>Open box
>Receive primed vortex grenade

Dark Eldar Mystery Box sounds like a fantastic game show. Hosted by the Dark Eldar. All the contestants are kidnapped raid victims and the prize is a choice between death being quick or painless, but not both.

So you take painless. Who cares if it takes days, as long as it's painless?

How is this a dilemma?

Then why not be a little more creative and work the hit location into the narrative? "You put 3 las bolts through the Eldar's thigh, snapping it and sending him tumbling to the ground before finishing him off with a few more shots to the back." There.

This.

Because he lied

"Painless" doesn't mean you won't suffer horribly. It just means you won't feel actual pain.

>gets both arms and a leg torn off
>"lol I have painless, what's the loot"

>If the enemy was going to die anyway it really shouldn't matter too much where you hit though
This is the crux.
However, it reminds me of the lesson Veeky Forums has taught me regarding fudging:
If you can't make a leg shot as interesting as a chest shot, that is your failure as a GM.

>Even if both would have the same result, I still said I did one thing and the GM went directly against it
100% valid

My negro.

Even if you can't feel pain, watching yourself get torn open and played with like a fucking game of Operation isn't pleasant.

>Quick
>Four seconds of intense pain

>Painless
>Three days of watching your body slowly get mutilated as your mind cracks

I would take quick in a heartbeat.

>>rules say that hitting anything everywhere and getting it at -10 wounds kills it

Getting a target to -10 does different things to those around him, depending on where you hit. For example, -10 to the body with energy weaponry causes the targets ammo to explode. -10 to the head with energy causes the flaming headless corpse to run around for a bit, setting other things on fire.

-10 to the leg just leaves a smoking, legless corpse. Which is mechanically the same as the OPs description, so the OP didn't do anything wrong.

The posts in this thread is why I would never play a Veeky Forums related game with strangers. God damn does this hobby attracts autists by the bunch

If it is 40k, the right damage type to the chest sets off ammo and grenades.