What economic systems do you suppose would best fit an Ambush predator?

What economic systems do you suppose would best fit an Ambush predator?

Other urls found in this thread:

popularmechanics.com/adventure/sports/g418/animal-kingdom-top-marathon-runners/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Implying humans aren't ambush predators
Hunter gatherer.

Also read more books.

Piracy.

Deregulated corporate oligarchy with a wafer thin veneer of pretending to be democracy to keep the plebs/prey nice and calm.

Basically modern USA.

I disagree. Crocs are very patient, eat only when they are hungry, swiftly kill and don't toy with their prey and calmly digest their food by meditating in the sun. They are warrior monks practicing self sufficient farming and maybe barter trading at most.

My respect for crocodiles had just increased dramatically and I retract my previous statement.

>Crocodile Beastman Monk

New character concept

They can also become very old, and absolutely massive.

They kill people who annoy them and as they age their natural armour grows thicker until weaker caliber weapons are unable to penetrate.

Gustave is coming for you.

We're not. We're endurance predators. We're evolved to follow prey around until it dies of exhaustion. And maybe that mindset has lasted with us to create the working day as we know it. Other creatures might well be mentally and physically unfit for long hours of drudgery. Instead they might wait for the opportunity to get a lot of benefit with the least amount of time and effort. If prolonged bouts of hard labor are required, they might be better off catching some humans and making them do it instead.

No he isn't. Stay away from his river. It's his river. You go to his river uninvited you get et. You know what you shouldn't do?

Go into Mr Gustaves river?

Congratulations. You are smarter than at least 300 other people.

Multi-level marketing.
>*Predator leaps out from the tall grass*
>Sir! Can I interest you in a time-share rental property in Winterfell?"

I've just re-read that and have come to a conclusion.

This user
is not totally correct.

Crocodile Beastmen are Paladins. PRAISE THE SUN!

Humans stab shit then chase it until it bleeds out

I see it now and it is Grossly Incandescent!

>posts picture of a crocodile man
>asks about potential economic systems for predators
I love you Veeky Forums

To be fair, those people didn't know it was Gustave's river. There are a metric fuckton of rivers in Africa, after all.

Combine these two, and crocodiles have no reasons to have anything but respect for their elders.

I had a screencap that would have been perfect for this, but I can't find it.

Anyway, the jist was
>start economics thread
>get nothing
>start lamia thread
>get economics

Sniper/observation towers at good "hunting" spots including crossroads. They collect tolls, buy and sell goods captured from bandits, trade posts. They're ambush merchants :). Land harpoons? Elven cloak & boots changed to Croc cloak and sprint boots.

>What are traps.
Don't base everything you see on attenborough you nongs.

And no I don't mean chicks with dicks.

Is this actually true in any way or is it some repeated-ad-nauseum meme like pic related?

>towers at good "hunting" spots including crossroads [...] trade posts. They're ambush merchants
Shit, that makes sense - combine with their ability to make a spot sufficiently safe (or deadly) and that could be a pretty viable way of doing things

I'm reminded of one bit that was in a documentary series on the Masai Mara, during the great migration - there's this river that's got a ton of crocs, and every year the herds cross it, and the crocs take a few

Combine with , , , the croc-men have crossroad/trading post cities that are great places to trade, and are well-defended, but you damn well pay your taxes, tolls and fees because the Elders are truly terrifying

It's cause that's what africans do. Just ignore the rest of the world and what a billion other natives did in their own enviorments.

Basically they're retarded parrots.

Croc men create the first rudimentary banking system and those who join into it know well enough not to stiff them when pay day comes around.

i'm probably going to take this idea at some point

>We're endurance predators.
Bullshit. The only people who practice endurance hunting are only able to do so because they carry waterskins and their prey doesn't. It's not an inherent quality of human metabolism.

>implying obligate carnivores can be anything other than hunter gatherer

Aren't we the best long distance walkers, though? Second only to dogs?

Scratch that : we are the best long distance walkers and runners, period.
Dogs are good and can be much faster but even they can't keep up as long as a moderatly fit human does : they'll simply overheat and tire faster.

I wonder who could be behind all these posts?

Ever heard of Horses and donkeys? Or Herd animals in general.

Google says horses. Dogs are actually behind us in long distance.
It also says humans are actually pretty inefficient runners compared to everything else. We spend more energy in a stride and have less efficient aerobic activity. Our saving graces are that we have better heat regulation and can train to improve aerobic activity.
popularmechanics.com/adventure/sports/g418/animal-kingdom-top-marathon-runners/?

Ignore Hippo posts

Report Hippo posts

Do not reply to Hippo posters