Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Inferno Demands Sacrifice Edition
It's upon us but isn't quite there just yet Sub-Edition
Are you ready to bare witness to the Dust Bunnies/Space Corgis' ascension as the top majorities for these threads?
>HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
discord.gg/wYS2J6b
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-BE/Emperor-s-Children-MKIV-Upgrade-Set-Heads
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Chaos-Space-Marines-Squad-2016
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will we get a book on the Martain civil war or not?

Well there has been word that FW does want to make Dark Mechboys models, so it's hard to imagine they wont.

It will be like the ultimate exclusive book, with only people rich enough to buy mechanicum able to play the campaign.

Maybe once we get more Dark Mechanicum stuff.

Then again, it's possible we won't see any Mars action until the time it's reclaimed from the traitors in the aftermath of the Heresy.

>rich enough to buy mechanicum

So anyone with a credit card and Chinaman's email address?

Here's to that. I would love to see some more Space Roman Super Science against itself.

>tfw I emailed my order to ccon on the last day of the sale on Friday and he still hasn't replied or sent an invoice

Chinaman order arrived, knight warden (for my own enjoyment to paint), assault boarding upgrade and kheres assault cannons. The knight looks like original, I am impressed

Had a dream last night where forge world was selling just top knot bits, I'm am saddened by this not being a reality.

>tfw when Luna Wolves will never get special helmets

Have artillery squads always been a 0-1 choice?

Yeah, but some people think of them as a compulsory choice.

Kek

But I do feel better about squaring off against Ironfire now that I know its only max 1 arty squad per army.

So what's the chances or more HH going plastic within the next 6 months?
I'd really not have to buy plastic bodies to upgrade with resin kits ad nauseum

Not to mention Resin Autocannons/Snipers

Probably 0. Calth released, then it's contents got released in overpriced individual boxes, now Prospero has been released, and it's likely to follow the same idea.

Beware of the Reductor's Matrix of Ruin. I think they can bring like 12 Medusae.

Is this pasta? It seems awfully familiar.

Just posted this after spamming the threads with list help

fugg

True, but Ironfire is more popular around here. The only AdMech is a small army.

1 resin for 11.50
forgeworld.co.uk/en-BE/Emperor-s-Children-MKIV-Upgrade-Set-Heads
or 2 plastic for 23.50
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Chaos-Space-Marines-Squad-2016

consider how long the gap was between calth and prospero, also we'll probably have a sigmar game before the next HH boxed set. What else can they do which all legions can use.

don't forget allied IW for another 3, and then with ironfire they scatter d6 less when tacticals are in range

Surely theres topknots from third parties for you White Scars/Sons of Horus

Jesus Christ FW

Have patience. He is likely overwhelmed with new oreders right now.

Is there any quiz or something to help me pick a 30K army?

1) What's your favourite colour?

Not getting people to trip and identify themselves, but I was wondering where people worked and what careers people are in around here

Partially I want to know what company I'm surrounded by, and partially how the fuck we all afford this resin crack

>Death Guard
>College Lecturer

I'm not really 5 years old so i don't really have a favorite colour, but i like the Blood Angels metallic red scheme. And their Christian angelic motifs.

I just bought PC parts for 9000 sek, if that tells you anything. I've painted most of my Warhammer dudes atleast twice though. A lot of eBay purchases too. But this is mostly because i've never once built a real list and known what i should buy and paint.

>666+666+666+6+6+6
>not having a favourite colour

Currently a Chemistry Student, i afford this through working in management/general problem-solving in family business for a solid seven years straight out of highschool. I play Night Lords

Good thing you're picking them because you like them, and not because they are top tier even before having their legion specifics
> +1S with possibility of +1I too
> without sacrificing dakka
> Sanguinius will be as dangerous as Angron but without bullshit 3+ save, and as mobile as Corax

I'd expect a year between plastic releases - unless you count reboxing the contents of Burning of Prospero into smaller boxes. That'll happen in six months or so, as it did with the Calth stuff.

Blue. No, yellow. Aaaaagh!

Sang better be able to just beat horus and have a 50/50 against maxed angron, and i dont even Angel. If he dies like a chump to Bobby G why is the blue gorilla one of the heaviest hitters, the fuck FW i'll fly to britbongland and smack the design team around the skulls

Bruva, why u do this to me?

That's why IW bring 12 quad mortars with phospex. They gotta get their artilerry fix somehow.

>TFW Sang probably also going to get his model before Dorn and Alpharius. And Tyrant terminators.

>Resin Autocannons

Take a heavy bolter and add a long barrel to it.

>Snipers

Take a bolter and add a long barrel and a scope to it.

I want an Admech boxed set, as the Legions can use my Automata and Thallax units, and they could make a dual Master of the Forge/Magos Prime model with a bunch of options, and then have maybe 1 Krios or Triaros as the "Unique Squads" such as the Custodes or SoS.

Although if you absolutely INSIST on more plastic for the Marines despite having everything you really need but a Deimos Rhino in plastic already, possibly one of the battles with Iron Warriors with Automata support, so at least we can get plastic Castellax or something?

Only 50% of my legions have an Artillery Squadron.

>Bobby G
It makes no sense, man. Fuck his rerollable invuln each phase. And his sword is arguably better than the Fireblade against 1W. And his bolter has better AP than Dorn's primarch-sized Custodes-pattern Bolter, and can assault after using it.

Makes sense; Sanginius fought the daemons at Signus himself. Dorn and Alpharius aren't confirmed to have gotten their hands dirty for a while, and being personally involved in the fighting is when they get models.

Are blobs even worth it? 2 blobs and 2 Apothecaries are 600~points

In practice, I can't see the benefit against anything except other, smaller units of 3+ dudes

>Alpha Legion
>tech support

Honestly, I'm in a position where I don't make enough money to move out, and have very supportive and understanding folks, and it does free up a large chunk of my income for gettin some expensive resin dudes every now and then.

Is there a good alternative for the Scorpius launcher, I don't like the conical blast shields on the thing.

>Be a mutant, yet still the most beautiful of all the Emperor's sons.
>Fight hell itself
>Become Imperator Regis, yet still arrive to Terra on time, fuck your Ruinstorm
>Hold the Gate
>Your only "mistake" in life is arriving at Horus' place early, rather than too late like Dorn
>Your death is still useful, as it's one of the things that drives the Emperor to stop pulling his punches and kill Horus
>Yes, even after all Horus did and all you did, even after He ordered the razing of Prospero after Magnus dabbled with sorcery, Horus was still the Emperor's favourite.
Man, how can anyone ever, living or dead, be so based?

It depends on how many AP3+ blasts your enemy's artillery spits.

>How can anyone ever, living or dead, be so based?
Double dubs of truth.

>get fucking murdered by your brother
>daddy still thinks he's not that bad
>some random guardsman gets killed by this dude
>daddy flips out and psychic REEEEEE's horus' soul out of existence
he's gonna be the one that turns traitor in 40k isn't he ?

Remember how Jesus was all love, putting the other cheek and all that, but in Revelations he's fucking angry, eyes of blazing fire, his tongue a sharp sword?
That's how Sanguinius will be.

>have Death Korps
>thinking of starting Death Guard
>stagehands union/steady work in a union run shop fabricating shit

IH blobs, Stone Gauntlet, and Creeping Death are blob friendly.

Creeping death sure is, but I doubt S9 AP3 cares about T5 troops.

When you can take your FnP against S9, that's pretty good.

Man check this pile of clipped and trimmed Resin. So I plan on doing the Auto Cannons on my Fire Raptor because of the look and how hard they hit. But if anyone wants to speak up for Heavy Bolters I will consider what you have to say.

Inviolable armour substracts 1Str from incoming fire, so S9 becomes S8. But IH bikers can't be ID'd even by Medusae.
T5 2+/3++ Praetor with essentially EW against ranged, woo.

>Alpha Legion
>Physics major / part time insurance lackee

My living expenses are taken care of and I don't spend much on any other hobby

I play AL because they give me a really big toolbox to solve problems with.

Has anyone noticed the irony surrounding the three Terra legions?
>WS are supposed to be the fastest but end up the toughest, since bikes give T5
>IF are supposed to be the toughest, but end up the strongest since 3++ means they can safely take S8 I1 weapons
>BA are supposed to be the strongest, but end up the fastest since army wide turn 1 deepstrike

>Alpha Legion
>Laboratory Technician

Currently living with the parents, so a decent chunk of my income is disposable so to speak.

For 600 points I can run a variety of different units tailored for different situation though. What's the advantage of running 40 dudes out in the open armed with just a bolter when this is the age of artillery and AV14? (even with something like Creeping Death)?

I was referring to Stone Gauntlet.

Huh, something of a trend here

Anyone got any experience with running Alpha Legion in Zone Mortalis?

M o v e t h r o u g h c o v e r

Alternatively

C o u n t e r a t t a c k

>WS
I think 3+ jink saves, enhanced reserves, better chance of going first and hit&run Cataphractii make them the fastest, man. The Fists also teleport.
>Fists
So, being resilient means being strong?
>BA
What is "+1 to wound"? Everybody has a version of the Assault vanguard rite. Their dakka makes no sense, and was given to them solely because of the Space Hulk game, prove me wrong on this one.

I wasn't :^)

>What's the advantage of running 40 dudes out in the open armed with just a bolter when this is the age of artillery and AV14?
Hence why I say artillery was a mistake

I know these are seemingly auto-include.

Breachers with a 4++ and counter attack with a power dagger on the sarge is one of the least shit applications of breachers I've ever seen

Yeah. And fluffwise, the BA and WS are not really the legions I'd rather have for a siege.

As one of the Scars says in "Brotherhood of the Storm":
>I could not imagine us ever distinguishing ourselves in warfare of that sort – under siege, fighting with our backs to the wall as the sky burned above us.

Lorgar is canonically the most handsome of the Primarchs.

It comes with being a mirror image of the Emperor himself.

If you sit in your fortress, eventually someone will aim a Conversion beamer at you from full range. Don't let that happen.

>This is what Word Bearers truly believe.
Enough with your lies, man.

>Shaved his head
>Got loads of tattoos
>Probably has piercing and nose rings
Trash

>But if anyone wants to speak up for Heavy Bolters I will consider what you have to say.
if you are IW,IF or DA i don't see why you'd go for the autocannons.
Otherwise the only thing you are gaining is effectively +2 strength for -2 shots in a spess marine world.
The autocannons are really only going to be useful as a anti light armour support/monster hunting so if you need it as a stop gap it's a good choice.

>World Eaters
>Student

I did most all of my resin purchasing last year, though, when I was a pub kitchen line cook.

> Imperial Fists
> Accountant
We /boring/ now

Who's Bobby G? Not Gullibleman i trust.
Feels good, man. Do you know any third party site i could purvey for some angel wing jetpacks? I have some Assault Marines i want to experiment the BAngles pattern on.

>hand me my tools and 10,000 laborers

Appropriate

Roberto Gutiérrez-man.

Robotnik GuileEggman

the w40k hunter rhino kit

Reuben Guylemaine

Robert Guilliarme.

>word bearer
>student

I have a lot of money thanks to savings and investments from my parents but I'm unsure about future work. Perhaps as a welder, plumber, farmer or working on a ship.

Robin Gwynnyland

Raymond Godmeme

Making more progress on my SoH on Davin. Idea is to use the wetlands bases from secret weapon, along with zombie bits to make arms reaching out of the swamp and scrapping across their legs. Are their any better places to get zombie bits other than the undead kings of war zombies?

Roland Girkoppolos

I notice that Primus Medicae can't take power fists, but can take Thunder Hammers.

What else could defibrillate a terminator?

They can take Solatite Gauntlets, right?

Robaato Gillumanu

Ronaldino Guillaurmene

>Alpha Legion
>industrial metalworking
Just a stopgap, learning and saving for an architecture school, otherwise pretty generalist-orientated.

So is Primarch fighting ever really worth it? FW ruled on FB that Scoria cannot use his autowounds vs Mortarion and so only wounds on 6s and does 1 wound rather than D3, so that's a fight to avoid, but is throwing Scoria into fights with Angron and Girlyman a good idea? I tarpit Morts with Thralls.
Every game I see the Primarchs fight and don't die until the game ends anyway, essentially wasting both massive deathstars.

Al-Rhabbati ibn-Ghyllmalya

I don't care about it, I plan on using Alpharius to tarpit stronger primarchs.

Facebook means nothing for rules.

True, but me and the group thought we'd ask just to remove the "arguments phase" every time those two got into a scrap.

>FW ruled on FB that Scoria cannot use his autowounds vs Mortarion

Why? What about Dorn?