>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Previously on JumpChain!

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/tRPWU9DP
lmgtfy.com/?q=fate extra masters
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's Static Shock

One of, if not the only, good TV shows that had a black superhero.

A character who originated in Milestorm but was adopted by DC after that company closed. Pretty fun character, black science nerd teenager who gets electricity powers and fights crime with weird electromagnetism tricks. There was a pretty good cartoon of it as part of the DCAU, though something I didn't like so much was that they handed over a lot of the science to an OC character, Richie, who was brought in to be a sidekick to Static. Come on, Virgil's damn smart, let him make his stupid electromagnetic hover-disk on his own.

Whatever happened to the person who claimed Mirai Nikki?

I withdraw the only statement.

Probably killed in some bizarro survival game by a girl with pink hair.

Post your Stands, my dudes.

I don't have one.

So we're getting the magic DC jumps now. Any chance we'll get something like that for Marvel?

No.

Does Marvel have notable a notable magic series? DC kinda lucked out between The Books of Magic, Constantine and Sandman but I don't recall a single notable Marvel magic user other than Dr. Strange, and the few comics I remember him in had him as basically a guest star

pastebin.com/tRPWU9DP

Well I had no idea we were getting a MiB jump.

Didn't it actually crossover with the main DCAU one time? I remember that one bad future where that guy one, there was an old Static Shock. Also apparently Batman got Wondy preggers somehow.

It was one of those "the future is collapsing because people did things to the time stream" plots, I think

Wait, someone was doing Mirai Nikki?

I'm WAY out of touch. What new jumps (other than Infernals) are coming out?

Still trying to hash out the details, but I really want some kind of memetic thing where, after people see a symbol created by the stand, said symbol now exists in their head and I can affect them through it somehow.

Maybe something like a remote stand where the stand can manifest and attack them every time they remember what it looks like?

>Does Marvel have notable a notable magic series?
Not in the same way DC does, no.

I heard you were talkin' shit, m8.

Strange had his own series for a long time. You could probably do something with Thor and all the things related to him. Ghost Rider has a lot of history.

But I think Marvel would be better off with some kind of "cosmic" jump. Dealing with GotG and all the stuff they have going on in space like the Kree empire, the Skrulls, Thanos, Beta Ray Bill, etc. The main jump doesn't touch on that at all and it's as big of a part of Marvel as the magic side is of DC.

Ah, Storm. Y'know, I usually don't really get the whole lusting after comics grade superheroines thing, the art style always makes them seem unapproachable. But with Storm I totally get it.

user.

user.

user.

Your social justice indoctrination is showing.

>social justice
What are some jumps where /pol/ was right?

I like Avengers Assemble

Huh?

Generic Creepypasta?

>Im-fucking-plying

As great as this is, it doesn't count if they only show up for one episode.

Worm

Already been done.

>Static Shock
>good
Bitch, please. There are tons of better IPs out there.

>pic related
The animated show was good, but the comic was goat.

Vixen was in way more than one episode. She was a mainstay during season 2 of JL in the DCAU and has been in a couple of the movies.

Actually Richie is a character composite of two of Static's comic companions. They gave him the the SCIENCE! part because you always need a sidekick. He even became his own super hero, becoming a kind of Ironman Knockoff.

Also Static uses trashcan lids & man hole covers a lot. That's before Richie & him invented a collapsible disk.

>humanity wins by being forced to set aside their differences and individual interests and come together as a species
>/pol/
Pick one and only one.

>Wait, someone was doing Mirai Nikki?
Yes, someone claimed it in June and hasn't posted since.

If you mean mind fucked/brainwashed into it sure yeah that doesn't tie into any conspiracy theory at all.

Yeah, but the conspiracies are the good guys. They do terrible things but ultimately have our best interests at heart, and us struggling against them keeps fucking us over.

Fun fact. There's a season 2 of Vixen animated series. Then there's a Vixen in JSA/Legends Of Tomorrow who I think is the grandmother of the Vixen in the animated TV series/cameo Arrow appearance.

Good guys who completely fail. The people who eventually save the day aren't part of the conspiracy. The conspiracies do terrible things in the interest of good but completely fail to save the day.

Not always true. There are plenty of conspiracy where the actual participants are bad news.
SEELE from Evangelion comes to mind.

Aside from making sure that Scion went nuclear at just the right time and setting things up so that Taylor would get jailbroken into Khepri?

I meant more the racially diverse secret globalist conspiracies fucking everything up, leaving whites to save the world.

Yeah, no. Not going to credit someone for something that they didn't intend at all, had no idea would happen and was mostly the result of the countless other actors in the story screwing with their plans knowingly or not.

That's how Path to Victory works. Make a hypothetical version of Scion, walk the path to beating him. Khepri's the Path's end result, not an accident.

That's were /x/ was right though

Better question: How many /pol/ conspiracy theories involve a giant alien galactic mass dimensionally folded crystal super-automaton created by a space whale?

Because I've never been to /pol/, but I'd be very surprised if anything from there maps on to Worm. I mean Kaiser-and eventually the rest of his faction-dies or gets played for suckas by better villains.

He was referring to pic related from Worm. There's actually another half dozen conspiracies, many of whom are pretty goddamn bad, from the same story.

You're exaggerating how good the hypothetical version is. They did influence the story towards it's final conclusion but they have nowhere near the impact your attributing to them. If they really did have what you claim they do, why did Cauldron do all the ultimately unnecessary awful shit they did over the series when they knew exactly what they'd need, since apparently there was no need to plan just in case?

Why didn't they just have Contessa force Panacea into jailbreaking Taylor at the start to get it over with if they were aiming for that all along? Why did they wait until billions had died from Scion's rampage years later?

>Implying it wasn't a smurf plot

There was literally a segment where she was pretty explicitly brainwashed.

Because Khepri alone is worthless. She needed an army of Capes, Cauldron and natural.

Except no, she only needed specific sorts of capes. If Contessa's hypothetical mode is as perfect as you say, she shouldn't have had any problems with getting the perfect shard formulas from Eden's corpse, meaning they should have been able to get all the perfectly suited powers they needed. But they didn't. They had to do a constant trail and error and just try and make as many good capes as they could. They didn't focus towards tinkers either, despite them ultimately being the most important capes type.

Unless you're going to argue every last Case 53 was somehow integral to the final battle.

They needed him to be in Golden Morning Mode so they could wave his dead waifu at him and break his heart. His emotional state only started advancing once he went into blow shit up mode.

They might have been. Not in the sense that they helped deal the killing blow, but in the sense that their existence got the ducks in the row for the final battle. It's hard to tell when you're dealing with someone who's superpower is "I do the thing that makes me win, whatever it is."

But they could easily push him into Golden Morning themselves. They've got Contessa, your version for her at least, who's powers are apparently working full force. Why wait? More parahumans are alive pre Golden Morning, certainly more stronger ones and all the ones that were vital in the final battle too. How much easier would it have been if Khepri could abuse Echidna to mass make Eidolons and Alexandrias?

That's neat user. Dodge the rest of the post. Problem with even your limited answer is what the other user pointed out. The final battle could have been done much sooner and much better, not needing all this roundabout getting ducks in a row. Everyone important is alive at the start and if Contessa really is working at full power on Scion, they're good to go.

Dude, come on. You're stretching really damn far to justify Cauldron having it all just as planned.

You assume it could have gone better if things had been lined up differently. But we're dealing with a precognitive superpower that finds the winning combination of actions. You assume that means she fucked up; I assume they wouldn't have won with a different combination of actions. Why? Fuck if I know. When I gain a precognitive superpower I'll let you know.

Except the contention here is that you're assuming her power is working properly, despite us being told it doesn't work on certain beings and that she has to wing it a lot. Nothing at all indicates that her hypothetical scenarios are like her actual full strength power and we have plenty of indications that it is not. When ever you're given evidence or have pointed out to you why this doesn't make sense, you do the equivalent of putting your hands on your ears and yelling blah blah blah.

Man, when you sink to this level, you might as well just concede the argument. 95% of your argument is "Well maybe it's this, despite having basically nothing to support it". It's a lot more logical to assume that Contessa's power and how it relates to Scion isn't very good and that she knows it. It explains the story much better (And the story quality itself is much better) then if the entire thing was a gigantic rube goldberg plot.

Okay, I get it: Worm is saltier than the Dead Sea at low tide.

Other than giving people Stands, any ideas for fun things to do with the jawbreakers from /co/co/?

Also with all the recent talk about DC Mystic stuff, what sort of things and people are there that stand apart from regular flavor DC?

Well, there's Constantine. And this is probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a good Hellblazer jump.

Use 'em to power and uplift robots.

Apparently they work as a surrogate soul. Who'd a thunk it?

Hey now-I recall Hellblazer's pretty much the only exception to a jump that's open for being replaced. It's only on the drive as a placeholder because someone overlooked it while it was uploaded with the rest.

I really wish /co/co/ lore was better consolidated somewhere, though I get that it's being hashed out so much everything probably gets mildly changed around every few threads

Most of the Vertigo titles - Swamp Thing, Sandman, Books of Magic, and Hellblazer. I honestly wish they'd do a Vertigo Jump instead, but you get what you pay for.

I didn't see the comic, I seen show and I would kill for W.I.T.C.H jump

I mean, it pretty much is, isn't it? Even back when Vertigo was a thing, its characters existed on the fringe of DC.

Probably not.

The guy hasn't read Sandman, I doubt he's read the Books of Magic.

Speaking of Worm.

How do you defeat Gray Boy?

If you liked the show you'd love love love the comic. It runs longer and really explores the world and characters. Some of later arcs are crazy.

If you poke around you can find the comic online.

There's non-mystic Vertigo, though. Animal Man, Doom Patrol, and Shade all fit into the pseudo-DC Vertigo universe without being what I'd call mystic.

Make them into slimes via that slime rancher jump after running them through the plum juggler+give it a boost method a few dozen times. Nothing bad will happen, probably.

Balefire's the easiest way. The hard part is helping his victims without killing them.

Alright everyone is shitting their pants over Scion, but what about Glaistig? She arguably is more powerful than him

Did you see the WIP he posted before? There was an entire perk line based on Constantine, perks that reference Books of Magic, and a capstone that made you an avatar of the Red/Green/Blue/Gray.

Anything that can kill Golden Boy can kill Fairy Girl. She has fewer powers, limits on how many she can use at once, and she's a human instead of a continent-sized abomination hiding in a pocket dimension and making us fight his fingertip.

No I didn't. That is odd.

Immunity to temporal effects, or being really fast and really, really good at dodging.

Probably a "things you kill stay dead" perk too, because his shard will reset him back to an earlier point if you do manage to kill him, and just flat out teleports him somewhere else if he gets stuck. He was only killed in-universe via exploits in powers. One of those things that keeps getting repeated, and may or may not actually be true, is that GU killed him by absorbing his shard in the brief period between him dying and coming back to life. Flechette just killed his clone with Sting, because that no-sells everything in the setting.

The Worm Wiki is a piece of shit for trying to understand the characters or events

She's got a lot of issues, anyone with enough social-fu perks, and drop-in gets a good one as a capstone, can probably just talk her down.

The original miniseries or the multiple meh follow-up series? I've read the original multiple times and have read substantial chunks of the other.

And I have read /some/ Sandman and sizable amounts of Hellblazer.

Not much Lucifer or Swamp Thing, though. And I have basically never seen Doom Patrol and very little Animal Man.

Fate extra will let you pick any canon master as your own, right? List a few goodish female masters I could take. Also, I'm more concerned with personality than raw power.

>Fairly early Jumper takes the Passenger drawback
>Your host meets Faerie Queen
>Her shard sight shows her, instead of the crazy eldritch shit she normally sees, an apparently normal person
>Jumper notices her and waves
>Glaistig: What the fuck?

Google is a thing that exists.

lmgtfy.com/?q=fate extra masters

>Not importing your servant from the first Fate jump as your master

Run Ru's pretty great.

Seriously though, Alice and Jinako Carigiri a best.

That's pretty much what I did.

I'm smoewhat familiar with zero and stay night, but none of the masters there appeal to me very much. Maybe prism illya, but I don't think she qualifies. I was hoping for someone would recommend someone i wasn't familiar with.

Haven't been there. Well, honestly I'm only doing this mini-chain for the hell of it, so I suppose I could just embed it in my normal one somewhere and use one of my companions.

Completely forgot the point of my post. I meant to ask if there was anything in particular you'd like to see in the jump? There's a lot of stuff to work with.

Are you dumb?

It's a generic for a reason. It doesn't need to include a large amount of material from each of those properties. It'll just become too bloated. Better leaving those to their own jumps.

Genealogy Of The Holy War
FE minichain #1
Location - Manster District - Free
Gender/Age - Not mentioned, female - Free
Noble Blood - 100 (900)
Bargin - 100 (800)
Major Naga Blood - 600 (200)
Minor Naga Blood? - Free
Charm - 100 (100)
Family Connections - 150 (-50)
Vengance - 200 (-250)
Theme Song - Free
Lots of GP - 50 (-300)
Sol Sword - 50 (-350)
Luna Sword - 50 (-400)
Loptyr's Ire - +400 (0)

The only way this build could be better would be if I could buy a Nosferatu, or a skill version of Sol. I mean, seriously. I've got Sol and Vengance both. The more damage I take, the more damage I do. The more damage I do, the faster I heal. It's beautiful.

Also, Nihil would be amazing, especially given Lunatic+ in awakening. Fuck your dragonskin+. Might redo this later to include a child, and have them pick it up.

NikaMoth, Digger, can I convince you to alter the companion import option slight? One for 50, two for 100, and so forth until eight? Paying 300 cp to buy a single companion is not fun.

Lastly, what's the difference between a Major Blood and a Minor Blood, and is my build invalid for picking both from the same source?

Anyone able to answer my question here?

Blue.

The Mask? It's technically canon in DC, and it's technically magic.

People seem to forget it, but DOOM is also a Sorcerer as well as a Scientist.

I'm on to you Satan

This is for a Mystic DC jump right?
I'd kill for a way that makes it easier to contact Death, who is mai waifu from Regular DC.
I could get two Deaths! Twins they were!
That's three anthropomorphic incarnations of the concept of Death total!

I must admit that I thought of doing that, but ultimately decided against it because I thought it would be tacky.

Cultist
400 cp - Come Forth
The beings inside the Mythos are great and powerful, yes, but they have their flaws. Sort of. The more powerful of these creatures can be bargained with, though you often will find the costs not to your liking. Thanks to tireless research into the Mythos, you have developed a summoning method for each and every member of the Mythos. Yes, that includes Yog-Soggoth, though I recommend not - nay, NEVER - testing that one. Of course, insanity inducing gods being insanity inducing gods, using any of them may be a bad plan. Which is why you also get the skill necessary to make your own summoning rituals for other bings, outside the Mythos.

Cthulhu
600 cp - Mythos Master
The monster Cthulhu is one of the Mythos’s mid tier powers, a great old one. There are a number equal to him, and a number stronger, but those are all individuals. Those lesser to him are entire races. Those members of the Cthulhu Mythos who are weaker than Cthulhu will no longer bother you - as one of their gods, they would lose a fight with you, and they know it. While there are still a large number of ‘ordinary’ monsters here, this will prevent a decent amount of them from ever attacking you. Of course, it doesn’t really work on those stronger than Cthulhu, and Azathoth is the final boss, so good luck.

Hm! I think I could fix that and make it so that you can buy a Nosferatu at character creation. Don't know why I didn't think about that before. I did initally feel the 300 CP companion cost was steep but I was unsure if I shoud change it.

The differences between Major and Minor blood is that Major Holy Blood people can weild the Holy Weapons--Minor Holy Blood people cannot. That's really the only difference. You still get the same boost to magic and resistance Naga blood gives you with Minor Holy Blood.

And your build is unfortunately invalid since it's pointless to buy major and minor holy blood of the same bloodline since the benefits don't stack.

I should word the perk better, in this light.

I call bullshit on that spoiler.
Gray Boy had already been killed once, by GU herself IIRC. And she didn't have Sting at the time.