>charge him, tackle him, grapple him
>he bites me and does a negative level to me
okay
>run out of the cave, go back to town to get restoration on me
>get it done, see a strange guy there i've never seen before
>decide to do detect evil
>get a nosebleed and get stunned for a round
>no fucking save
>get up from game table and go to the bathroom, feign illness, DM will resume game next week
How the fuck do I call this guy out on his bullshit?

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/sholk/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Getting stunned for a round with no save sucks, but I don't think that it's so eggregious that it warrants making a thread to think up ways to confront the GM about being displeased with a D&D mechanic. Ask him if you can roll saving throws even if the book doesn't call for them, I guess?

>How the fuck do I call this guy out on his bullshit?
Have you tried making a thread on Veeky Forums to whine about it? I'm sure that will fix your situation.

Whatever you do, make sure you don't talk to your DM about your concerns like a big boy.

Which bullshit ?
You got stunned for one round, out of combat, because you peeked into the "soul" of a necromantic monster... and that's a problem ?

Yeah man seems fine. No problem so far.

Wait, did you get stunned in-game for getting a nosebleed in real life? I'm really nto sure whats going on in this thread.

He does this bullshit a lot though.

>You dont get a save vs magic missile even though he let the drow roll to resist it

>You get negative levels for picking up the cool sword that dropped off a boss but the warlock can hold it just fine

>You take damage from opening a treasure chest hurr durr

>Youre now unconscious because you stayed underwater for too long even though everyone else was in for a while too durr

I hate how he singles me out all the fucking time. now hes just trying to kill my gnoll off because he doesnt like it being my fursona. this guy is the worst.

>fursona
Those tend to make things uncomfortable.

I want you to know that I see what you're doing here and it's a good concept but that I don't find it or the reactions from people not in the know particularly funny. Tweek your pasta and come back tomorrow

Maybe don't be a furry then

Ok so you're a troll then
Some advice, you shouldn't throw the whole fishing rod in the water, just the bait should be fine.

>fursona
and I've lost all sympathy

Bleh fell for the troll, -1 for me.

Waaaaaaait a minute, I've seen this before. Weren't you the faggot complaining you had to fight a lich with the same character?

>fursona

u overplayed ur hand

Sholk! That was the name. I remember now, you motherfucker you!

That's actually literally what happens.

No - seriously. If you detect evil on something far more powerful then you, you actually get stunned for a round. I'm not joking.

It's literally in the rules. It works vice versa too, with detect good.

>fursona
If this is bait, it's shit. If it's not, you're shit for putting your OC in a game.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/sholk/

maybe its the fact that you have a literal self insert as your character?

talk it over with your dm and see if you can reach a comprimise where you two wont be at arms with one another. there are obviously some issuea that need to be addressed and putting them off only makes it harder in the long run

Good god this is like that pol image, "Kicked out of every country they've resided in; everyone else is the problem"

This is such awful bait and yet some people are still taking it

40 000 000 keks

>running away from a single negative level
You missed a great opportunity to do some righteous smiting.

>stunned from detect evil
It's in the spell description, dipshit.

>faking being sick to end the game early
Wow you're a piece of shit. You didn't even think that maybe the other players were hoping to have fun tonight, did you?

>OP image
No, it's very related. It's what i want to do to you right now.

Your DM may be a bitch, but you're a fucking faggot unless you came up with a damn good backstory for a Gnoll Paladin.

What the hell is wrong with you people

I see you're suffering from a case of can't-read-the-rules-itis, though this may be covering up trollism.

But just on the very rare chance it's not:
Drow have innate magic resistance, gnoll paladins don't have magic resistance so don't get a save. Technically the caster should have rolled to overcome it.

Warlocks are evil, and therefore can hold evil swords that paladins will get negative levels for touching.

Treasure chests can be trapped.

Staying underwater may make you unconscious because you can't hold your breath forever.

You're not being singled out because you're a furry, it's because you're an unapologetic twat who thinks bad things happening to your character is persecution.

> Playing game
> DM follows rules
> I pretend to be sick and end session early
> HOW DO I STOP THIS INJUSTICE

Hey OP might be shit, but we know there at shit DMs. I had one that made a magic item to lock one character out of combat completely 18th no saved. It was a "Vibrating magnetic dagger" that locked up metalic armor making the character unable to move... Against a group of lvl 3 characters all without armor except the druid in holely leather armor and a paladin in chainmail.

what the fuck is this thread

>mfw this thread

It is. I love how it's so quiet now, it's like absolute perfection in this thread and nobody wants to tarnish it.

>how do I call out the GM from using the rules when they aren't in my favor?

That wouldn't even work, each link would act as a separate dipole. It wouldn't affect the ability to bend at all. Does he into ferromagnetics?

Now if he exposed you to a field on the order of a Tesla, then you would have some real fuckin problems. You're not going to get a large field of that strength out of a dagger though. A neodymium one would probably stick to your armor permanently at worst.

Nah, you're being a baby.

>DM making up shit to screw a player over
>Veeky Forums is okay with this
I am not surprised.

Those are all by the rules, though. The description of detect evil specifically warns you that particularly powerful entities may leave you stunned for one round. And it wasn't even in combat or anything, it cost OP nothing but needless butthurt.

If you're a troll, eat shit.

If you're legit, eat shit.

Give an edition number next time, dingus.

>Being this much of an idiot
>Being arrogant enough to be this judgemental without knowing the fucking rules themselves
>Not recognizing the shittiest of baits
I am not surprised either, user.

Let me break it down for you:
>Gnolls are Always CE. Making them a playable race and playing them as a Must Be LG paladin would be enough of a stretch if there was at least some interesting background and character concept behind, but OP candidly stated he did it because it's his fursona.
>Detecting Evil on something too powerful will harm and stun you without saves, it's in the fucking rules
>Pretending to be ill to forcefully call off the session just because you feel like the DM is against you without confronting them is the cheapest and most inconclusive passive-aggressive bullshit a shithead could possibly conoct.
>Magic Missile HAS NO SAVES. Drows have spell resistence.
>A LG Paladin trying to use an evil-aligned item will get negative levels. An Evil character such as a Warlock has no such problems.
>Chests having traps is the very reason you have Rogues
>You go unconscious if you stay underwater too long. How long depends on your character (CON score if I remember correctly, but could be wrong) and may be affected by magic, racial traits etc. So yeah, others may resist longer than you

Why you people keep falling for this?

He listed several things that happen according to the rules like magic missile, etc. And the fur comment, it's an obvious lazy bait. This is us biting anyway because of the small off chance it isn't