You gain the ability to pause time

>You gain the ability to pause time
>You test your new-found powers by pausing time for an hour
>You unpause time to find that most humans have died having been deprived of breath for far too long

Why would my first test be an hour long?

What am I? Retarded?

MOST humans? So what, a couple of thousand severely brain damaged people still remain? Can ANYONE survive without oxygen for an hour?

>Can ANYONE survive without oxygen for an hour?

Tibetan mountain sages?

If time was paused wouldn't like cellular decomposition pause too?

If their movements were paused, why chemical reactions in their organisms that consumed oxygen kept moving? I don't think that's how pausing time works...

This user has a point.

You'd think so. Alas, your assumption was a costly one.

>Pause time
>Time is paused for you as well
>Never-ending stasis for all

Ah, so it's the selective type of bullshit.

THat's not pausing time, that's causing mass paralysis.

If I stopped time, and all living creatures on a whole world that need breathing will die, then this power suck.

>Time pause is local
>Change ceases for a 1 kilometer cube
>That part of the planet ceases rotating

Why specifically humans? Everyone needs to breath. I don't really get this. I don't understand this thread.

Yes, but it sounds like this DM is a turbofaggot who only applies logic to the player's detriment.

>u have new power
>u test power
>bullshit that is impossible to account kills everyone
>sage thread

What you're describing is not pausing time. What you're describing is holding everything perfectly still while time proceeds normally.

Who cares about non-humans?

Conclusion C does not follow from premise A.

∴ Corollary 1 — OP is a faggot — is proved by the method of contradiction.

I would think that the vastly reduced activity would also vastly reduce the amount of oxygen needed.
You need more during high activity levels, so entirely suspended (All the way down to subconscious and automatic actions) activity levels would mean that one breath of air will last indefinitely, and humans have a lot more than one breath circulating at any given time.

What if the time pause power only applied to outer bodies?

What will you eat when all animals are dead?

No problem. I'm a vegetarian.

But what about the other?

The animals since they're dead, duh.

>I don't understand this thread.
OP really wanted to post a picture of that girl. What's so complicated about this?

Just pause time indefinitely and ruin the DMs stupid ass game.

Just needed confirmation from you.

>You gain an ability that sounds powerful
>You test it out
>It sucks due to arbitrary limitations or unintended behaviour
Alternatively,
>You gain an ability that sounds shitty
>You think of a loophole abuse and proceed to become a godlike being

WOW, SO ORIGINAL, OP, LET ME CONGRATULATE YOU ON YOUR POWERWANK, CLEARLY YOU ARE THE MOST ORIGINAL HUMAN BEING IN EXISTENCE

Cellular respiration*

>Stop time
>Kill yourself
>Time remains stopped
>You now are (were) the only living being capable of diying
>?
>Profit

>pause time
>time is paused for you as well
>everyone goes about their business and you sre confused whether or not you paused time.
>keep doing it.
>get mad at realizing this is just a stupid ability.
>eventually you go back to the alien race that gave you this power and demand a refund.

Also can be easily spotted on any short test. Because fucking leaves on trees will still move.

>you use it
>you instantly die because molecules frozen in time around you shred your body
>???

>Pause time
>try to move
>instantly punctured full of molecule sized holes as the static air pushes through your soft squishy frame

Or, you move the molecules around you, creating vacuum trail behind you.
Just saying.

>You never unpause time because you can't think while time is paused
Alternatively
>You pause time
>However, you can't think while pausing time, causing you to break your concentration and stop pausing time
Come on, OP, at least think up an internally consistent excuse as to why you're screwing the player over.

I call the DM out on his bullshit. Time itself has been frozen, so they weren't fucking having to hold their breath because no time has passed outside an hour of my subjective time. I'm not just paralyzing everybody for an hour, I'm temporarily stopping the flow of goddamn time.

Yeah, any DM who rules "time is frozen, but everyone still needs to breathe because fuck you and they're all dead or brain damaged now, you monster." deserves a swift punch in the dick.

>Except you don't
Good thread, OP.

I've been trying to think up a rationale for it working like that and I've got nothing besides "haha it's not actually time stop."

There are ways to be a too clever asshole about time stop powers but this isn't one of them.

>I'm the DM and I bend the rules of reality, sorry but in my game I am god
If this bs were the reaction of my DM after someone points out he made a blatant error I would just straight up leave the table

But without time, can they move? If they move, they'll have speed and speed is d/t. If time is 0 then its d/0. Good luck.

But user, that's not how time works. If you paralysed everyone then yeah, but stopping time literally stops everything.

Maybe it didn't actually stop time, but merely stopped all macroscopic movement? You'd still have some microcellular activity because of some quantum bullshit.

Jesus christ

Quit being a perspectivist, shitlord

The microverse is just as important as "your" universe.

So...
What would an adventurer do if she accidentally killed almost all creatures that require breath?

Who would inherit the earth?

The adventurer, obviously. Picture the first episode of The Last Man On Earth but with more magic.

BAD
NEWS

>Somewhere, Tzneech chuckles softly.

you can still move so you still have time, and when you touch things those will have time too