When did GW turn into a company that actually cared about its customer?

When did GW turn into a company that actually cared about its customer?

I would wait to see the prices before I say something so bold

$165 USD

When they got their new CEO.

The difference between him and Kirby is like night and day.

>no super-heavy
>almost without additional weapon
>When did GW turn into a company that actually cared about its customer?
They didn't.

And after knowing only darkness for so long we witness our first sunrise, blinded.

delet this

>165
That's still almost 10 bucks a mini for most of those boxes.

I'm not impressed, even thought they're good deals for GW that's still pretty price.

good god the mechanicus battleforce is shit, would it be so hard to include more than one dragoon

the other battleforces look pretty good though, and at 100 bongbucks they're pretty good for savings too

the celestant prime makes up half the cost of the box on his own, these boxes are reasonably priced in a hobby that we're used to price-gorging us

what the hell are you smoking? all the contents in the boxes is like in their normal boxes just cheaper. meaning you get options etc from each box.

> only one dragoon

> mutha fucking electro priests

Yeah. It's shit.

>That's still almost 10 bucks a mini for most of those boxes.
why does dollar/mini your metric for gauging value

Because he is retarded.

>all the contents in the boxes is like in their normal boxes just cheaper.
Yes, but it's still barely useful in actual game.

It's fast and GW is quickly reaching the point where their models (asides from the really big ones) aren't that much better than anyone else.

In all fairness, the fact that most AoS releases are wildly overpriced should be considered when saying that these boxes are "reasonably priced".

Yes, that sigmarine costs half the box, but that doesn't mean that this original price wasn't fucking overblown.

The Tau one I do see as good savings though.

DEldar box when? :(

GOD DAMNIT WHY IS IT ANOTHER IRONJAWZ FORCE

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY GOBLINS AND MY ORGE KINGDOMS

>why does dollar/mini your metric for gauging value
Because its generally a good metric. If minis of an army generally cost X dollars per dude and you are paying about that amount per dude or over that amount for no versatility than you are getting ripped off. Battle boxes are nice but you don't get a choice of what's in the battle box, if you want something else than you are shit out of luck.

>MY ORGE KINGDOMS
??????

Guess you're a goblin player then.

That's what I feel about Death. They are, by far, the smallest grand alliance as far as model variety goes, and are severely lacking in lore.

Flesh-eater courts have really awesome lore.

GW is trying now, I'll give them that. I don't think we'll ever go back to the point with fluffy and funny White Dwarf magazines and a company of hobbyists making things for hobbyists, but we'll get a better company that cares about its customers.

The big problem is it may be too little too late. GW has lost a lot of love from former advocates, and a lot of other younger, fresher companies have a much better rep and even better miniatures than they do.

>even better miniatures than they do.
Ehh. GW has both top shelf miniatures and broad reach of the game itself. No one else has that.

some armies use less models, some armies use more models

dollar per mini is a retarded metric

The broad reach of the game is resting on laurels at best - other wargames are becoming increasingly popular.

As for top shelf miniatures, I don't honestly have much experience with the works of other companies, but GW miniatures do not often have the best proportions, and many AoS models were criticized for their stiff poses.

And some of the minis in these are HUGE
Ten dollars for a mini the size of the giant is AMAZING

They do, and it's a shame there's not much more Death has going for it. The Byzantine politics of the "Soulblight" sound neat from what little we're told.

They didn't.
They did, however, get a new CEO that cares about money enough to want to not piss off its customers too badly.

>many AoS models were criticized for their stiff poses
Apparently, that's intentional; it's harder to fuck up putting a model together when there's only one way it can fit.
It's a sacrifice to customising for the sake of new kids actually being able to build the things.

My point is the most of the minis that might be considered up there with GW like Raging Heroes or Kingdom Death either don't or barely have games. Malifaux and Infinity is maybe the closest to having both but they're still small skirmish games neither has really broken out. X-Wing has reach but the focus is not the minis and PP is big but their quality is incredibly uneven. The new Starter box minis from them are hot garbage.

I'm not saying it's Manifest Destiny the GW is the biggest. X-Wing already proved that's true. But GW finally isn't "resting on its laurels", and if they keep going this way they can attract back a lot of old and new customers. I think the "GW is dying" narrative might be finally turning around for real.

That makes a lot of sense.

The other big thing is play groups. It's hard to stay interested in a game if there aren't enough people to play it with. GW, to my knowledge, allows for the most customization so you also get a bunch of hobby people who are just in it for the painting and building

That's just the push fit starter Sigmarines. The Sylvaneth line for example is absolutely gorgeous.

>actually cared about its customer
>finally isn't "resting on its laurels"

>proof still pending
Really, no idea how you came to those conclusions.

They aren't better than many other companies.
But they're as, or more expensive.

Kharn fucking costs 30 dollars.

>sees date
MARCH 12th!? WHERE THE FUCK WAS I?
>Goddamnit, I unintentionally relied on the way I have been raised to read dates, and have perpetuated the stereotype that Americans are rude and self-centered.
>Same shit happens when I read NZ$ prices on GW's website.

The General's Handbook in response to community "feedback", actual White Dwarf, GW running official tournaments again, supporting their cool side games like Blood Bowl again, emphasis on Start Collecting boxes and other ways to make starting or building a new army more affordable. We'll see how 8th ed. 40k goes, but I'm encouraged.

well to be fair, american dates are the only ones that make sense

who is the commander for the space wolves set?

is that an iron priest?

What the fuck. Last I remember, a Battleforce was $100.

So..returning back something they took away from you..?
Ok, get back when they cut their prices or when they revive WFB spoiler: neither will ever happen

Have their games stopped being the worst designed on the market yet?

No need to be a whiny little bitch in the face of improvements.

WFB is dead and it was the lousy base consisting of people like you who killed it.

thx 4 announcing the spoiler

The equivalent of the old $100 Battleforce boxes are the "Start Collecting" boxes. They're al little smaller, but also a little cheaper at $85.

My Kingdom for a CSM box.

Yes. I liked 3rd ed. era GW. If they get back to that I'd be thrilled.

The rules are lagging behind other changes. 8th edition early next year will be the moment of truth.

in which Games Workshop did this happen? Looks like germany

>improvements
I bet you are one of those marinehuggers..
Enjoy your improvements, while I stay fucking away from JeWorkshop.

Is there any info at all on a possible 8th Edition or are you just making stuff up? I genuinely want to know on the off chance that it explains why the CSM codex has been left to rot in a shallow grave.

WH is always going to be expensive, no matter what you do, but this and the starter kit? Im really considering starting playing WH40k for reall and making that skitari army

If they wanted to be 'affordable' plastic 28mm infantry would be £1 a model or less like many other smaller companies with the same or better quality manage.

And there is no excuse for a regular 28mm character model to cost more than £5-6 under any circumstances.

In 1998 when they released their original multi-part kits, they were close to that. 22.99 usd iirc. A lot of those kits sucked, but it was great to be able to create large regiments. Pewter minis were like 3.50 usd each, which was ridiculous.

tl;dr GW has had astronomical prices since at least the early 90s.

Plenty of reliable rumors peg 8th edition as early next year.

>with the same or better quality manage.
Nah. Who is even close to that? Mantic I guess? The quality of their minis leaves a lot to be desired.

Got any sources? I have no idea what qualifies as reliable these days. Seems like places like places like Bell of Lost Souls are just making up shit all the time. Again, not trying to be rude I really want to see whatever's out there.

When gw wasn't shit you could get a leman russ, 30 guards and 3 heavy weapons for 90. Gw is shit and everyone should stop buying their minis until they cut off stupidity and bloat

I remember when a DE Raider was like 20 bucks.

Times change, but GW is overpriced as fug even with these deals.

Mannheim Germany

>what is inflation

I'm not going to chase down all the various rumor locations for you. You can do it easily enough yourself. There's enough chatter that we know it's coming soon, we just don't know the specific timing yet.

The only answer is too late to save fantasy

clearer shots of the 40k boxes

they all look pretty damn good except for the mechanicus one

>The informations out there and if I've seen it you should have too
No.

A convenient excuse for corporate bootlickers to ignore how wages have barely increased over a 20 year period, while corporate overlords and politicians increase their salaries in a multiplicative manner every single year, raising prices of goods enormously to compensate despite any supply or demand.

>30 guards
20. And you do get a commissar and an updated multi-kit Russ. But yes, 10 guard and two heavy weapons is better than $5 and a Commissar, but that was a decade or more ago.

>prices triple in a decade due to inflation
>prices never were adjusted according to inflation/different currencies anyway

You seem to believe GW tries to do something else than assfuck you

Dammit, if it was anything but electro priests I would buy that box.

Didn't the guard boxed set contain 30 guards for 30 dollarydoos? I might be confusing currencies due to being an europoor

No

ok

A shit fetish.

>( )

>he doesn't like cum-inflation

I posted an official picture of the contents. I'm not sure what more you expect? Maybe you were thinking of the Catachan box?

So what other sci-fi war games are people playing that they say 40k is on its way out? I can't think of any except maybe Deadzone? I don't see anyone playing Infinity, although that might just be my area.

Okay, that one's slightly better in moderation. But let's not take this to extremes here. These are alternative fetishes, not excessive fetishes. Keep it classy. Classy and tasteful cum-inflation.

For those kind of prices from GW you have to go all the way back to these guys.

its 40k, the rare game of frostgrave or magic the gathering at my local store. portland OR here

Yes, I'm sure that increasing the size of regiments from 20 dudes to 35/40 and cutting the miniatures per box from 20 to 16 to 10 didn't have an effect, while increasing the price of that same box and going from completely multipose to partial posing. Also, making the rules even more bloated in the process.

Only to be replaced by monopose AoS stuff that is even more expensive than WHFB ever was on a per mini basis and has fluff that is considered nuclear deterrent.

Go fuck yourself.

No, the Guard Boxes did used to contain 20 though,

What are you smoking. The original plastic multi-part models came out in '88 at £9.99 for 30. I had the space marines and a few years later the original plastic orks when I was younger

>Electro Priests

GW trying to pad out the box with useless backstock

Blizzard should bring out a starcraft tabletop just to fuck with GW. They could stick to their comic style to make the models more simple in design and cheaper to produce. And easier to paint so kids will buy the stuff.

>That AdMech box
REEEEEEEEEE

it's a shame

Electoo priests are such nice models. Their trash rules just ruin them.

>>prices triple in a decade due to inflation
Except they haven't tripled in any way shape or form. Buying a start collecting gaurd, a heavy weapons team and an extra squad of cadians costs 149$, and comes with a commisar and an extra HWT compared to the battle force. 149$ is not the triple of 90$, it's not even doubled.
>>prices never were adjusted according to inflation/different currencies anyway
Point still stands retard. While it might not be exactly same accounting for inflation, the point is that of course prices will go up over time
>You seem to believe GW tries to do something else than assfuck you
Releasing models that I want at a price I'm willing to pay is now considered assfucking? Go be a poorfag somewhere else.

For each of these boxes?

You consider that price for sixteen models good? Sixteen models that are just the base for an army and will need to be built upon?

Nah. GW can go fuck itself with this shit.

They don't fit at all.
>Robed cyborgs with radiation guns
>Techpriest tentacle magoses
>1950s era scifi robots
>Crabtanks
>Cyborg robot ninjas
>Cyborg tanks

>shirtless BDSM wizards

I hate everything about them

I like Electro Priest fluff, but I absolutely hate their look.

>hating electoo wizards
>hating your history
get out of my mechanicum

Well what would you rather have, without them just being reskinned versions of other factions?

Don't be a fag admech models definitely need an aesthetic revamp.

There are so many Deldar box sets, hell whyches have two

>"We're a model company, not a game company, can you point out where it says 'games' on the front of our Warhammer stores? That's why we don't have to bother with balanced rules or good design or sane release schedules or whatever, cry moar gamers."
>"But we're still gonna charge you based on how many points things cost in the game, get fucked if you don't like it."

GW continue to be a gaggle of laughable hypocrites.

nothing to revamp, they've been half-naked electro-brawlers since their creation back in 2nd edition

they just need rules that aren't shit