One of my players asked me to give his character a cool death so he can play a "cowboy"

>One of my players asked me to give his character a cool death so he can play a "cowboy"
>He's only level 4
Did i do something wrong? I felt like i idd something wrong.

You die of (Spoiler)dysentery.(/Spoiler)

Aww FUCK im so bad at this.

Use the brackets, senpai

OR YOU CAN GET OUT YOU NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Players who get bored of their characters within 3 sessions

My old group was full of these people. Almost every campaign, I ended up being the only motherfucker whose character was there the whole way through.

Square brackets, user.

You're playing with tremendous faggots, that's what you're foing wrong.

Have him fall into a cesspool and drown in shit.

It's ok. All is forgiven. but I typed senpai instead of senpai heck is wrong. But yeah, you basically summed up the thread.

Most likely he's not fond of his character. It happens.
I have been playing a character for 2 years that at level 14 just was not funny any more. Sometimes the DM could have done things differently. But that's bad thinking.
Do you have fun? Do the Players? Then that's all that matters.
My DM style does not work with my DM as a player. But his works for me, a third simple makes me shake in rage. That guy I haven't DMd for yet though so we don't know. But My consequences amtter and long campaign telling with secret agendas and sandbox is not to everyone's tastes.
For example. Playing an idiot or savage in my games will mean that you simply will not get invited to the plot important festivity. And unless he gets his shit together or they basically bring him along as a zoo animal the party will have problems if they arrive in his company.

Maybe some thing like that happened? Does it mean it's wrong? Yes. But I made clear what kind of campaign it was and they decided to solve the quiz by asking the Trade Lord for a visit to his records. But the reactions of people needs to remain plausible and consistent. That said. I am considered by some players to be the best they've had. So it's a pick of poison kind of thing.

This may not apply. Need more info.

You dun fucked up boy.

You dun fucked up.

Some people like variety.

Are you drunk blogging again?

this desu senpai. Sometimes a character isn't as much fun to play as you thought it would be. Letting him try a new one is better than making him suffer and lose all interest in playing due to not having any fun.

That being said, make sure he doesn't have ADD and will be whining about another character he wants to play in 3 weeks time.

You picked a shit player, that's what you did wrong.

He's a good friend, and to be fair to him i didn't really run through the same rp stuff in character creation 5e has because he told me he already had some in mind

We had this, one of our players is the very definition of a murderhobo, if he's not killing something or looting something he sits there with his arms crossed slouching in his chair like a grumpy teenager until A: the DM tries interacting with his character and actually include him and he just mumbles something about how "yeah i tell the Lord Commander of the Guard he better show my lvl2 monk respect because i'm a badass" or B: he gets bored and starts fucking around trying to steal things or piss off the other characters, like loudly saying how the bard got "her" (did i mention he always plays "hot elf chicks") pregnant in the middle of the inn just to make a scene.
I should have tossed my books out the window when he said "Yeah my character is alot like Deadpool" and held up a picture of Shiva from Final Fantasy for a character picture.

[Spoiler]no[/Spoiler]

did you click the spoiler checkbox? [spoiler/]

>being this new

Just give him a cheap death like the ones in GLOOM

Death by hypothermia, duh.