Lawful good?

Lawful good?

Everyone in Tyranny is some level of evil. There is very little good

That's nonsense. They try for that but it's just not true.

Everyone is an idiot instead.

No, neutral.
He repeatedly gets the chance to do good rather than do bad, and he invariably chooses bad whether it makes literally no sense or not.

no the disfavored are racist bigots and they kill lots of people, they cannot be good

Ashe is only good to his own soldiers. Meanwhile he's an elitist asshole to everyone else and acts like a spoiled child endangering the entire war effort just because he didn't like the guy he had to work with. Not that Nerat isn't a deranged fucktard, but throwing a fucking temper tantrum in return isn't going to help anyone. For someone who's supposedly a great general, he's incredibly stupid.

They both have good and bad aspects. Ashe cares about his soldiers and values honor and loyalty, but thinks anyone who isn't from the North is automatically shit and believes genociding civilians and generally wrecking everything is the only way to wage war. Nerat is a raving lunatic who thinks infighting is a good thing, but he also treats everyone equally as long as they prove their worth and tries not to wreck the lands he conquers (and their inhabitants) any more than necessary. In battle, Ashe's troops are highly trained and well-equipped, but they're also few in number, predictable and lacking mobility. Nerat's troops are 90% cannon fodder armed with whatever garbage they managed to scavenge, but they're more mobile, more flexible, and far greater in number

The whole Disfavored vs Chorus thing is about law vs chaos, not good vs evil. Both of them are evil, just not 100% evil.

>good
>evil

How spooked is this game?

EVERYONE
EVERYONE IS

>Incompetent dumbass

Main character is the only one who gets anything done. It's rather fucking lame

>chooses to do bad instead of good at every turn despite repeated opportunities
>somehow this makes him neutral and not evil
u wot m8

>You can't even truly dedicate yourself to Kyros.
That ending was bullshit.

Evil requires some sort of malevolence or self interest.
The man sacrifices for, and genuinely believes in, bad, while gaining nothing.

Sure the main character gets shit done, as literally nothing happens except the things you do, but it's not like it fucking matters.

Yes

Doing evil things for an evil overlord in order to grow his evil empire is still evil.

Also, there's the whole killing unarmed civilians and prisoners of war thing. That wasn't even Kyros' orders, that was just how he gets shit done apparently.

Again, the problem here is that A: He doesn't believe Kyros is evil. B: He's not doing anything out of self interest or malevolence. Inevitables slaughter as many as it takes, but they are officially neutral.

We may argue from another point than D&D, and say that because the outcome is evil, he's evil. but iin that case I'd argue he's not evil, since every place the disfavored take over is improved drastically according to both the people present and the epilogue.
If you argue it from the point that doing evil, no matter why, is evil period, then sure he's evil as fuck.

Either way I'd argue he's lawful retarded.

Even Eb and the Vendrien guard?

Eb is pretty fucking evil.

They're suicidal and don't give a fuck how much trouble they're getting the people of Apex into by rebelling. Take the subplot with the iron at the crossing, the guy was likely forced to hide it in his home, and the standard response from the Disfavored to iron theft is execution, and they knew that they would eventually be overrun, so they knowingly got an innocent killed for the sake of their petty rebellion.

I can't tell if it's pirate protection or I just built my character like trash but anytime I fight someone I get WEAPON INEFFECTIVE even if i switch from my greatsword to my mace

No, he's evil. I was going to side with him BUT I had to go with the Crazy because he wasn't going to Murder and destroy everyone and thing

Also Fuck his dirty fucking Earth shackers

The whole premise of the game is built on spooks.

i.e. you play as le evil villain guys.

I blow shit up just fine as a mage, my party members complain about ineffective weapons sometimes though so maybe?

Lantry is the best boy.
Barik is beta robot.
Kills-In-Shadows most lovable pet
Everyone else is shit.

>Hate doesn't describe it, I see painted masked lords beat an old farmer to death with riding crops. To this day I don't know why, is that hate? I saw senseless good men fighting Chevaliers with nothing! No weapon, no armies, not even hope of success to see the occupation end, is that hate?

This is how the Vendrien Guard feels, there is no hope left in this world. The only thing they can do is to kill as many of Kyro's as possible rather than spend an eternity in shackles.

Any waifus in this game? This is important because I am absolutely over isometric rpg nostalgia pandering.

Nope

> tries not to wreck the lands he conquers (and their inhabitants) any more than necessary

Not true, he doesn't care about the inhabitants, or the land. He just wants the people alive so he can induct some of them into the chorus. That's why the decimation and the culling exist.

Kills-in-Shadow

>lawful retarded

That would be Tunon.

Alignments are stupid. Stop masturbating over deendee when you're so obviously a desperate NARPfaggot.

Despite (or perhaps because of) the cringe-inducing levels of SJW propaganda and sexual deviancy in the game, none of the characters are remotely attractive in either a sexual or romantic sense.

None of them are attractive in a character sense, they're all boring cut-outs and the whole "Evil won" thing just makes everyone a petty dick.

Why does Evil mean you need to be a petty Dick?

Lantry is well written and interesting.

Too bad literally all of the other characters are fucking shit.

Ashe's a pretty archetypal example of Lawful Neutral, if anything. He's honorable and expects to be met with honor in return. He values and promotes loyalty among his soldiers, and holds them accountable both when they perform admirable and when they violate the laws they're subject to (doesn't matter if the damaged party is a fellow Disfavored or a civilian).

He's not Lawful Evil because malevolence isn't a big part of his agenda. He believes in his cause, he believes in his men, and when he's cruel, he's cruel because he believes it's a necessary part of his cause. If you decide to give Lethian's Crossing to the Disfavored during the text prologue and then talk to the civilians there, they'll mention that while the Disfavored do not tolerate fuck-ups and "mercy" isn't part of their standard operating protocols, they do treat the locals with respect, politely even at times, actually protect them in return for their protection money, the list goes on.

He's not Lawful Good because while he does believe that his notions of order and discipline genuinely benefit those he subjects to them, he's going to establish and enforce them no matter what. If razing a captured village will benefit the war effort, he'll do it. If a potential recruit's only flaw is that he wasn't born in the North, he'll reject 'em. If one of his men went AWOL because doing so was the only way to save his sick father from a miserable death, he'll have him executed as a deserter... even if no harm was done and the guy would've been doing nothing but mindless busywork if he'd stayed. He's as dogmatic as it gets - it's the Disfavored's way or the highway.

>muh sjw bogeyman

I think Obsidian handled the whole thing pretty well for once. Southern custom dictates that women inherit land and men inherit ships. One of the NPCs mentions that there's no rule against men owning land or women owning ships, and while historical cultures had men holding the most powerful positions (either as an unspoken rule with few exceptions or as a hard rule backed by law), women being in charge of the household wasn't all that uncommon (cavemen go out to hunt, cavewomen run the show at home to make sure the hunters won't have to deal with all sorts of bullshit when they come back with the meat - just extrapolate from there). Northern custom (and Kyros' law) dictates de iure equality, and the South is consistently portrayed as being backwards, so that's that, too.

If you're going to bitch about muh women in combat, you might have a point with the Disfavored given that their tactics do demand a powerful physique... but the game also goes to great lengths to emphasize that they're a very small outfit of exceptional individuals. Think it'd still make more sense if women didn't make up about half their ranks? You'd have a fair point, really - realistically, they'd be around but definitely in smaller numbers. If that's enough of an issue for you to spend energy on crying havoc... well, hey, Isaac Newton died a virgin and he played a leading role in the discovery of calculus, so who knows, maybe you'll be remembered for your scientific contributions as well some day.

Muh sexual deviancy propaganda? There's one lesbian couple in the game; they're not exactly lionized in their quest, and the game never even brings up the fact that they're a same-sex couple as far as I remember. If you're talking about Kyros' pronouns, Sirin's dialogue makes it pretty clear that it's just a matter of mindfuckery.

Also, question: considering that Kyros literally is the game's BBEG: is Slaanesh SJW propaganda, too?