Nobledark 40k Part VII: oh god so many words edition

PREVIOUS THREAD: ( )

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/50119235/

WIKI:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Nobledark_Imperium

THREAD FOCUS:
make nobledark dark again

>Well, this is nobleDARK after all.
>Sounds like we need valiant last stands and cooperation and fuckhuge balls that still get steamrollered by the sheer amount of ohgodwhat.
>Or backstabbed by dickery in the case of deldar or croneldar. They're still a thing, and apparently linked(?)
>WotB (further out than Terra, at least) sounds good for this.
>Pre-Imperium Tau sound good for this.
>Nids making landfall sounds REALLY good for this.

Necrons/C'Tan/Oldies had something cool bashed out, I think? Didn't get a good look at it - them being "proactive" in finding more flesh hosts, I think - but it sounds pretty noice.

The only thing I remember about the Necrons in this AU were from thread before last;

I imagine when the Necrons had wiped the sleep out of their eyes and com out of the auto-pilot and the Silent King had arisen to speak for the largest faction of them that there would have at least initially have been the possibility of diplomatic dialogue.

I can also imagine it pissing off the eldar citizens of the Imperium enormously. They would find it incredible that they can't adequately communicate how fucking stupid humanity can be at times.

Agreements would be reached. In much the same way that the Maiden Worlds are off limits to settlers without eldar permission that they never give so too would the Tomb Worlds be treated. With everyone staying off of everyone else lawn things start to run smoother for a time. Emperor starts making deals with the lesser lords for including them in the mutual protection deals. Shit is looking hopeful. Crypteks are refusing to share toys and know how but such things would be used to keep the citizenry safe anyhow so it would amount to more or less the same.

Shit starts to go bad when the Necrons refuse to keep their Flayed Ones under control. Refuse to even apologize. Flayed Ones are still Necrons and even one of their damaged kind is worth a million lesser lives.

"Renegade" Crypteks keep abducting civilians for experiments.

Freshly awakened Necrons keep going about their genocidal business and the other Necrons refuse to keep them contained until their wits are awoken. They claim that the Sleep Walkers haven't actually broken any Necron Laws and that the Imperium should be grateful they are turning a blind eye to their half-slumbering brethren being shot at.

Then the Silent King returns after a long time absents and demands over a trillion human citizens every century for use in experiments to undo the bio-transference. By his estimations the dent in the human population would be more than recovered in the century allowed for recovery. In a great display of generosity the Emperor would be permitted to choose who of his people would have the honour of being sacrificed in this glorious endeavor. If taken evenly from the breadth of the Imperium their loss wouldn't even be felt.

At that point Emperor apologizes to the Eldar and admits that they were indeed right.

Necrons are added to the same list as Orks and Tyrannids in regards to how they should be treated.

The remains of the Silent King's messenger was returned in something resembling a paper soup cup and that was the last message the Emperor ever sent to the Silent King that wasn't delivered via weaponry.

Here it is Retoasting for prosperity:
I had an idea popping around my head with regards to AdMech interacting with "imperial" Cryptechs.

I know that Hektor Heresy already did their own cool take on space-vampires... Nobledark vampires could be a radical admech trying to replecate the mind-transferance process.

Either
>Crazy AdMech tries to transfer himself fully into a machine body and it doesn't work as well.
>Crazy AdMech tries to reverse the mind-transfer of a minor-lord back into a "willing" host body, and it works with unexpected side-effects.
>After seeing the success of the gestalt soul that is The Steward (because by all counts The Steward was MUCH more successful than the Emperor,) the surviving free Ctan-Shards that are large enough for sapience enact a last-ditch plan to copy the process, using the meliability of human souls, to create a gestalt entity of Ctan-Shards housed within a human-host-body that would be for the physical world what the Emperor was for the Warp. Either their own selfishness, The Deciever, or both, fuck it up, and we get the first Space Vampire.

>>So they still have the ability to eat souls, but they're stuck in a fleshy body now?
>Basically, that's the idea behind the third concept. The original projenitor[s] would be true Ctan conciousness traped in mortal bod[y/ies]. Later generations would be mortals with ctan-shard essence corrupting them.
>I was thinking that they could release a weaker but ubiquitous control signal to lesser Necrons: it couldn't override the stronger signal of a surviving lord, but the many "orphaned" legions who's lords failed in sleep, can be summoned.
>Either that, or their blood is some sort of watered-down necrodermis that lets them convert humans into watered-down pariahs.

Vampire infiltrators?

YES FUCKING PLEASE!

Oh sweet Jesus Christ that could be good and gives a reason for maintaining the regular 40k sized Inquisition and Assassin Temples. Eldar, Human, Tau, Demiurg and others all huddle together back to back to out stare the darkness but it's already inside the camp.

If they weren't inherently malevolent so much as uncaring before they sure as fuck are predatory and at least mildly sadistic now.

How are abhumans treated in this Imperium?

Basically
>Your genes are pretty much human with minor changes and stable? Congrats, you're human nuff, here's a rifle, get to work
>You started as human but you're sure a fuck not one now? Fucking die
>Your genes are pretty much human but unstable? Fucking die

Pretty much vanilla 40k, but with a "eh, close enough" section in between the "perfectly fine" and "fucking exterminatus" boxes

>>After seeing the success of the gestalt soul that is The Steward (because by all counts The Steward was MUCH more successful than the Emperor,) the surviving free Ctan-Shards that are large enough for sapience enact a last-ditch plan to copy the process, using the meliability of human souls, to create a gestalt entity of Ctan-Shards housed within a human-host-body that would be for the physical world what the Emperor was for the Warp. Either their own selfishness, The Deciever, or both, fuck it up, and we get the first Space Vampire.
demanding access to the ruins of Chthonia would also be a pretty quick way to piss off the Emperor

On the map we are using it mentioned that there were gene-splicing hippies in the mountains in the west of Merika and Calbi and in the other threads it was mentioned that their inclusion provided the know-how to stabilize the later types of astartes thus making Dorn and a few of the others of obsolete design.

It's probably safe to assume that the hippes went on to found the Adeptus Biologicus or if not found it then get folded into it and largely take that shit over with their superior knowledge and expertise to say nothing of royal patronage.

But where do they stand in relation to the genetic aberrations?

If they were hippies, as they were called, then they would be kindly or at least reasonably so.

IF they were gene-spliced themselves then they would possibly see very little wrong with Nightsiders, Ratlings, Void Born and the like but as part of the Mechanicum they would see something wrong with Ogryn.

Not wrong in a you are sinful sort of way but wrong in a you are afflicted sort of way. The one thing they wouldn't be happy with is a race of severe congenital retards as it is anathema because they can never appreciate the wonders of the Omnissiah.

They would possibly try to cure them and undo their faulty genes, especially if it turns out they are a botched Dark Age attempt to adapt humans to harsh environments because then it's just repairing hardware.

I propose that by the 41st millennium the Ogryn are maybe not quite as strong as their distant ancestors but are smarter. Although not as smart as most people they are just about smart enough to be people.

Basically they are big noble savage warrior bro creatures that die in droves in every conflict they get shipped to because they demand to be the tip of the blade.

It might be interesting to have the hippie scientists be the tolerant faction in the Biologis to oppose the hardline Jemanic genesmiths who get incorporated when Duscht Jemanic joins the imperium, since genetic purity is a major part of Jemanic fluff.

That could be good.

Genesmiths are all about making people better. Hippies are about making things healthy.

Corax is on hold, sorry. I was having trouble pushing through him, especially since I'm a little wary of dipping too great a toe in to old Earth and the Imperium's past. That, and I've found fertile ground updating and revising the Navis Nobilite. Probably will be done with that bit by Friday.

Just because he's on hold doesn't mean I've entirely given up on him. Nor does it mean that people should hold off- if somebody else thinks of something cool for Corax and the Raven Guard, have at it.

I think this is even a bit on the harsh side. I mean, the Imperium is willing to incorporate benevolent xenos, so even if an abhuman strain has pretty extensive mutations they'd probably be ok as long as they pay their taxes, send troops, and don't mess things up.

If they are a long term threat to the genetic integrity of the species as a whole then they would be forcibly re-engineered or quarantined on their home world.

>genetic purity is a major part of Jemanic fluff.
ididnotnoticethis.jpeg

I feel like there'd be a massive divide in the biologis (even to this day, maybe) over how the genesmiths are salty over and refuse to accept that the hippies were the ones who fixed their astartes' tendency to break down physically and/or mentally after their expiry date (possibly at the expense of some martial prowess). hippies in turn give themselves the credit from turning the unstable prototypes (cough angron cough) into "real" spehss mehreens.

tl;dr: genesmiths made Thunder Warrior EQs, hippies turned them into Astartes, both sides are salty bc of it

TW were never totally fixed despite best efforts. Angron was considered miraculous in that he managed to survive past WotB.

Not to be pedantic, referencing a post I made last thread: Chronologically Duscht Jemanic joined late in the unification and the genesmiths helped create both the Mk III variations as per the Sangy fluff.

Loud shrugs, 'm not a writefag so I'm just sitting here in awe and gratitude of all the stuff you goys come up with

bonp

bumpily bump

It's all good, all contributions are needed and appreciated.

...Is it dead?

Not quite. A while longer, please.

>How about we replace the Ecclesiarchy with a galaxy wide Department of Education? Okay, follow me a little while, I know it sounds stupid-

The Rhetor Imperia didn't mean to build an army. They were teachers, after all. But, as the saying goes, spare the rod, get killed and eaten by daemons spilling forth from the mind of the child...

The threat of Chaos is still there, and still insidious. For those poor souls 'gifted' with psionic powers, a moment's carelessness could lead to their very soul being torn asunder, and their very flesh rendered into a portal for daemons to slip into the materium to sow terror. The only reprieve is that it is rare for psykers to manifest their abilities before the onset of puberty (But it is still horrifyingly possible for prodigies to manifest earlier). Because this is the Nobledark Imperium, generally speaking lynch mobs and witch hunts are frowned upon. Not that that doesn't happen, but it doesn't have state sponsorship. The Emperor generally prefers murder as a last resort, and done with a degree of professionalism.

Instead, the issue of psykers is approached more humanely, with agents attempting to identify potentials as young as possible to minimize their chances of causing damage to the Imperium. The approach to this problem was two fold- first, corral all possible problem children into facilities for inspection and safe sequestration until the black ships arise, and secondly, educate the populace (Responsibly) about these dangers, and what to do in case such happens.

In the name of efficiency, these two functions have been combined into one institution. From birth, all children of the Imperium are supposed to be offered a place in the Schola Vulgus to better themselves and learn proper moral values and skills to serve the Imperium better. The courses range from basic arithmetic to diagnosing warp corruption, from samples of Imperial literature to learning Xenos languages.

That is the ideal at least.

>Continue?

Agh, fuck, never mind. Gotta go to work. Stupid sick people.

Hope not if we have the possibility of more writefaggatory on the way.

Also Jubblowski because Jubblowski.

Sounds good always continue if there is more.

But please don't go Full Fedora with the belief that Education and Religion are opposed. Imperium does not impose atheism and historically religions institutions have often sponsored or outright run schools.

Bump

So what crazy and oh-so-hilarious shenanigans would dank eldar have done in this AU?

Nothingmuch really, they're still disgusting sweat goblins that are masters of dickery and torture

Nah, this is how the past few threads have gone. There will be bursts of activity after fresh writefaggotry is posted or a great idea is thrown out, then things quiet down a bit, then it starts all over again.

Preparing for burst of activity.

No, they're not opposed. I was raised in a catholic school, I know that. I was just thinking how space nuns with guns could come about, and thought back to my childhood, and the many strikes of the ruler across my knuckles.

don't tie 'em in with sisters pls, I liked what editbro did with them working with the Sicarius for the assassiny fluff

Also replying to

Alright. Never mind.

Also may or may not have more than a few ties with the Chaos Eldar. Something about vects waifu being a Greater Daemon or something can't remember. Granted, this might blur the lines - but think of them both as addicts. Only one of them's stealing and murdering to fund their habit, while the others given up and descended into crackwhoredom

It really doesn't make sense to me as to why armies of battle nuns are necessary to watch rare, politically castrated, and sneaky breeky human weapons. In regular 40k, it makes sense to have the battle nuns fighting Chaos and all of its influences due to their religious fantaticism, and the fact that Faith=Magic Power. But in the nobledark, the Emperor doesn't want to be worshiped, and armies of fanatics watching the relatively few on a galactic scale assassins seems silly.

Thank you for clarifying. I too was taught in Catholic schools and I may have been rather too defensive.

It would make some sense for the Rhetor Imperia to co-opt the more organized religions institutions and borrow their infrastructure.

It was shown in the previous thread how the Emperor's ban on militarized religious orders could be worked around in that they are citizens militias that just happen to have a common faith. Provided they pay for their own gear.

Of course in this Imperium the Sororitas and Fraternis would be umbrella terms used to collectively refer to many groups of many diverse faiths.

On the one hand they would not have such political clout but on the other hand they would be only accountable to the head of their religion.

If we are going with Lady Aurelia Malys being the Deamon Queen of Chaos this would be a good picture of her. The big black feathery wings are intentionally grown because it pisses off the Blood Angels. Rumor has it they were torn from Sanguinious' back.

At some point she engaged in a blasphemous and all manner of fucked up wedding with Asdrubael Vect, Lord of Shaa-Dom and Commorragh.

Some would say that being married to the Queen of Chaos whilst banning warpcraft in the Dark City is a tad hypocritical. Yes it is. He's Lord Asdrubael Vect, he gives no shits. You can file a complaint with the complaints department if you are feeling stupid.

Lady Malys is blessed of all the gods of Chaos. She is insanely powerful on an individual levels and just dangerously insane enough to get all the warbands of Chaos to temporarily act together and swear obedience but still just coherent enough to make use of it.

Only the Emperor is her equal in a one on one confrontation and only a fully awakened Avatar of Khain (and a lot of support) has any realistic hope of stopping her. She has died many times but the gods keep resurrecting her at least in part because they don't want her in the Realm of Chaos for longer than is necessary.

She is still "mortal" in that she is not in a deamon-prince sort of deal. She swore no oaths of loyalty for he power, the gods keep her powered up possibly because they are scared to find out what she would do one of them with the powers of the others if one of them stopped. They give her power she fucks shit up and that feeds them. How a mere mortal can operate on that sort of insanely high rape train level is unknown.

It is perhaps that she is the equal and opposite of The Emperor. Her marriage to Vect being a mirror of Isha and Emperor.

In a few of the Starchild Prophesies it is her that gives birth to the Impossible Child rather than Isha and in one rather horrible prophesy the Emperor is the posthumous father.

I think that the Rhetor Imperia realizes rather quickly that ideological clarity is a good bulwark against chaos. Whether it be from faith, stubborn iron will, or in the case of some ogryns, simple minded optimism, chaos spreads from doubt. Rather than attempting to universalize a single curriculum and break their already over stretched bureaucracy trying to corral a single doctrine over a galaxy, instead they cooperated with local religious authorities (So long as they didn't have too much of the spikes and skulls thing going) to provide resources for training and logistics for guarding their vulnerable charges, but otherwise left the matter to them.

As it turns out though, young psykers are high in demand by various dark forces. So, volunteer militias cropped up, often organized by these same religious authorities, with the aid of training, money, and political justification from the Rhetor Imperia. By simple natural selection, the best choices to face chaos are those that would not fall to temptation, and the vast majority of religions provide a moral framework to resist chaos's foul blandishments, so more and more ad-hoc citizen militias chosen to guard (Or guard against) young psykers took on a distinctly religious bent that provided resistance against mental manipulation. The Imperium at large started to take notice of this after increasing reports of heroic actions in the face of the impossible were undertaken by these citizen militias. As more and more of the Rhetor Imperia's funding was diverted to security (Or embezzled) these citizen militias started acquiring equipment to balance the odds of their low numbers. Though it feels strange to be so militarily focused, the Rhetor Imperia can't argue with results. More psykers are brought into the fold, more citizens are educated, and less worlds are consumed by daemons.

Sorry if I sound confusing and/or a shit, but hear me out pls

It's not necessarily watching the sneeki breekis, that was just bad wording on my part..
As far as I can make out, the way it was written in our assmaster fluff was that Emps formed the Sicarus to watch them, then decided "accountability and oversight? this is some goooood shit" and expanded their remit to pretty much every branch of the imperium. Like the ecclesiarchy, it solves the "who guards the guards" problem (or tries to but is swamped) - but unlike vanilla 40k, it uses Reasonable Inquisitors instead of literal fucking knights Templar.

Also, the whole "no men under arms" thing was applied to them, since something that can be judge and jury to everything from the administratium to the inquisition itself should not really be allowed to be the executioner. Which fits with their principles, I guess.
>enter: nuns with guns

>Whether it be from faith, stubborn iron will, or in the case of some ogryns, simple minded optimism, chaos spreads from doubt.

Meant to write, "Whether it be from faith, stubborn iron will, or in the case of some ogryns, simple minded optimism, this removes doubt, and chaos spreads from doubt."

Hmm, it looks like a side effect of this is that if the nuns go to the Ordo Sicarius, the Ordo Hereticus no longer has a Chamber Militant. The Grey Knights are definitely still around and I would imagine the Deathwatch are too, so do we want to brainstorm a new group of badasses, or do the nuns help out the Hereticus as well?

Actually, now that I think of it, the Sicarius and the Hereticus overlap pretty heavily then right? Didn't some guy suggest in the last thread the Sicarius could have a more limited role of just making sure the Emperor isn't worshipped?

Guy who wrote the Sicarus into their expanded role here, and is basically bang-on. Come to think of it yeah, there is overlap between Sicarus and Heretics, but I intended the Sicarus to be an ordo for the agencies of the imperium itself, primarily Administratium and Inquisition, rather than the people. An Inquisitorial Watchdog, if you will. Plus, the Sicarius' mission statement is just to keep an eye out for irresponsibility, and *professional* corruption rather than chaotic corruption. While the former may be a symptom of the latter, they can salvage a lot of the borderline cases that would've been "Heretic! [BLAM]"med in vanilla 40k - and besides, surely the hereticus has inadvertently uncovered many chaos and genestealer cults? At the end of the day, the overlap just makes doubly sure the Inquisition Gets Shit Done

Administratium, Inquisition, and maybe Militarum (higher bits where commissars don't reach), Mechanicus and Astartes. Depending on how "reee Inquisitors please go" each one is feeling at the time.

bump

I didn't think there were any bits the commissars didn't reach.

In this AU maybe the red face strips are traditionally worn by eldar women who have, at some point in their life, walked the path of Disciple of Isha.

I get the feeling that the High Lords would be more of a monitoring and advisory council rather than outright rulers in their own right. They might run the day there day things and keep things ticking over but they would be answerable to the Emperor in the occurrence of huge fuck ups. No great changes in policy would only be done without the Emperor's say so. In this Imperium what would be the High Lords?

Imperial Guard possibly also incorporating the Astartes.

Rhetor Imperia and Schola Progenium

Astropathica, schola psykana, black ships

Adeptus Arbiters

Inquisition

Would there be a spokesman for religious affairs? I like to think that if there was Logar would have been it back in the old days. His twilight years spent fostering peace, good way to end the life of an old warrior.

My vote for the current, as of 999M41, High Lady of the Astropathica and general psychic shenanigans has to be someone like Granny Weatherwax.

Yes, she has gone on record as having summoned daemons. She was not stripped of authority for two reasons;

Firstly this it was sanctioned and reluctantly done.

Secondly her method of deamon summoning consists of dragging a deamon out of the warp and beating it till it tells you what it knows.

Not so much dabbling with the warp as terrorizing it.

Sounds like we're nerfing chaos a bit too much though. That level of control over and immunity to the warp should be reserved for Emperor tier characters, even extremely disciplined inquisitors have been corrupted by things as simple as chaotic artifacts.

Bamp

Bumb

How would the Deathwatch be organized and run this time?

Are they still a subsidiary of the Inquisition or their own thing that just works with the Inquisition?

Needs more Jubblowski.

Also Cain, Ambassador of the Imperium.

Isn't it that someone when someone suggested there'd be separatist-rebels; both in humanity and eldar, those butthurt rebels once tried assassinating Jubblowski, right?

The justification of the human separatist-rebels is that she's corrupted with foul alien magic, while the anti-imperial eldar rebel-separatists also tried to kill her because she "stole" Isha's blessing?

Also they tried to kill both Taldeer and Lofn apparently.

Yeah, I think they were supposed to be crazy Eldar purists who rejected any sort of integration with humanity.

This is a really interesting setting
Does the Mechcanicus exist?

Welcome. Yes, the Mechanicus are still around, and are a bit more tolerant than in canon because
A) they have to deal with xenos and their technology on a daily basis
and B) Emps is still around to smack them upside the head whenever they get too retarded.

It's also more that the Bonesingers and Tech-priests are legally obligated to not come within half a mile of each other on most worlds.

Tech adopts can usually tolerate the Earth Caste and other alien technicians, to an extent, in day to day life. It usually manifests as being carefully polite to each other and overly formal.

But there is just something about the Bonesingers and their wraithbone that just pisses them right off. Also the Bonesingers keep annoying them on purpose because hearing mechanics REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE is fucking hilarious to them.

Th investigation into the attempted murder of Colonel-Farseer Taldeer Ulthran was dropped after a number of high ranking politicians and a number of people in their employ were found dead.

Examination of the bodies revealed the use of one bullet per body of the sort used in Exitus rifles. Further investigations are not planned.

Purely coincidentally the Vindicare Temple Assassin attached to the Cadian 112th went on extends leave citing need for pilgrimage.

The law was inplemented after a tech priest and a bonesinger got into a 72-hour arguement that spent the last 15 just screaming at each other. By the end of it, the bonesinger was frothing at the mouth and bleeding from the eyes while the tech priest's head was flaming. It took a team of arbites, a marine, and a visiting inquisitor to seperate them, and as it took place on a craftworld, the area where the arguement took place was quarantined for 3 months while the lingering psychic impressions dissipated.

Mechanicum could still.be a thing, the twin empire within the Imperium.

The unified might of all those who venerate the Omnissiah. A massively powerful group within the Imperium.

On paper at an rate.

Although all Forgeworlds are sworn to obedience to the Fabricator General of Mars it works often on the principle that they will do anything asked so long as they are never asked.

Most Forgeworlds were founded pre-Imperium. Most don't much like xenos of any stripe.

The one thing that unites them is that they will band together against people outside the Mechanicum. This includes lesser humans.

But as the centuries tick tock by each forgeworld grows more and more distant from their neighbours, more and more close to the baseline people surrounding them.

There is now great division between the old guard who want to build up those old walls and keep the pleas out and be strictly business and prevent further cultural contamination and those who want closer ties with greater humanity.

All of the shit they did in the previous one but also some other stuff.

They taught Wazdakka how to use the webway for one thing. They thought it was funny at the time when he and his boyz tore through a hundred imperial worlds with a hundred thousand casualties a piece.

When they tore through the slum districts of The City of Sins it stopped being funny and started to become hilarious.

Page nine bump

d'awwww. I think.

We still need more LCB, though. We always need more LCB.

bomp

We are at maximum LCB for this setting I think.

All he basics of it are covered and I can't think of a way of including more elements whiteout it looking tacky.

Wait, how much do we have already?

Quite a bit in the previous few threads, even two bits of writefagging IIRC.

How many of the threads have been archived? I've saved all six of them.

All but the first, and the most recent one could use some upvotes. I'd really hate to lose the Krieg writing.

Krieg is on the 1d4chan page, so no worries there. Someone mentioned making subpages to make it better organized and more readable, so if someone tackles that we may want to move some of the other pieces of writefaggotry over, like the one regarding the Emperor's discovery by Malcador.

Well here's the screencapped story written by the Miami Mutilator himself about how LCB's like in this AU. Also credit goes to the author for writing this story, its pretty funny about how and why Taldeer hated LCB because of thinking it was from an enemy of her's.

Bump

Would other Disciplines of Isha receive some form of "blessing" in lesser form than that of Jubblowski?

Well what about a young human man who'd pray to Ishy in hopes he'd get good looks and be attractive and have eternal youth like Jubblowski does?

And Ish decides to be nice enough to answer his prayers and thus said young man who prayed to her will have cute-boyish looks and is practically young forever. Basically he'd be a male version of Jubblowski but less with the "visions" she gets, but more of he'd be a glorified poster-boy or something that involves him looking good to pose for pro-human and eldar alliance propaganda media. Like Jubblowski.

bump

Jubblowski does not get eternal youth from Isha. She gets that from the Imperium deciding she's worth investing renuvenant drugs on.

Really now? And I thought it was all magic; *snort* *snort*

Also I love that piece of writefagging even if it's not really "contributing" to the plot or lore but just for funnies and a slice-of-life.

I assume that shit takes place in australia?

Well if Love Can Bloom and Lofn are also a thing included here in this Nobledark AU.

What about this OTHER hybrid child? Thanks to this story:

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Hesperax%27s_Pet
and
>1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Princess_of_Commorragh

Don't see why not.

It does not detract from Lofn as the DEldar are all about the mad science and so Reri Hesperax would probably be a result of this.

Lofn remains the only "natural" hybrid child.

Dorhai Craftworld. The last pure craftworld.

They believe that humanity is a blight on the galaxy made in sick parody of the perfect eldar form and that the other craftworlders were sick fucking degenerates for, as they see it, co-founding an empire with them. They are the last real people in the galaxy and everything else that claims to be a person is a wretched mockery.

The Harlequins still visit them so the eldar gods haven't cut ties with them at least.

For the most part the Imperium and the rest of the eldar were quite happy to let them sit on their craftworld and be stupid. The good thing about isolationist being retarded is that it tends not to spread.

Then they got it into their stupid heads that Jubblowski had stolen a blessing that should have gone to an eldar, preferably one of theirs. Stealing the favour of the gods is an insult the must be punished by death.

The assassination attempt failed, their involvement was discovered and now Dorhai is on the Imperium's little list.

Biel-Tan are really pushing for full on invasion and conquest of Dorhai. As far as Biel-Tan is concerned there is no Imperium, just a continuation of the Old Eldar Empire that now has a lot of humans living in it. To them the attempted murder of one of their living religious icons is more then enough to call a Holy War.

Sister-Superior Miriana Cain, daughter of Jubblowski and leader of ~150 Word Bearers, is demanding to be in the vanguard and whipping everyone into a warpath frenzy. This annoys her ambassador father who is trying to calm the Biel-Tan down.

Dorhai better not be led by a Feanor analogue. The noldor love dwarves and enjoy humans, for whatever other faults they have.

No, I just have a limited number of eldar pics and needed something with pointy ears.

Reposting what we talked about last thread regarding the idea of Isha granting people her blessings, though we tried to keep the sappiness level down since this is nobleDARK after all

>It would be interesting if in the same way psykers can be soul bound to the Emperor to gain a fraction of his power and will, Isha can grant mortals Memories, her recollection of the heroic traits of the dead Eldar pantheon. A young Eldar boy was found to have been granted the Memory of Vaul when in his first bonesinging lesson he sang a lump of unrefined wraithbone into an exact replica of Anaris, last blade of Vaul and the sword with which Eldanesh challenged Khaine.

>It might be that these memories of her old friends and family are in fact the fragments of their souls she managed to save from She Who Thirsts. For this she is hated beyond madness by the Chaos Eldar. But these are living souls and so they need to live. But these are broken souls and they can not live on their own. They live now borrowed lives. There would be a limit to how many there could be as these are only half living fragments.

>Not sure if the Memories should be actual pieces of the Eldar gods' souls though. Even a sliver of one would be incredible powerful, since tiny fragments of Khaine are enough to animate a statue into a walking avatar of death. You'd potentially have a bunch of demi-god ubermensches walking around. That's why I think it makes a bit more sense to have them be gifts from Isha: they're really just echos of the lost majesty of the gods, her fading memories of her dead family. After all, just like soul binding, people with the Memories aren't all that powerful. Jubblowski just gets visions, the guy with the Memory of Kurnous is just fast and fierce, the kid with the Memory of Vaul is just good at smithing (though in retrospect being able to craft Anaris as a child is completely OP, so we can remove that).

>Sounds about right. Maybe Isha is trying to recreate her old family, maybe she can't let go or maybe she just sees some mortals as embodying aspects of beings she once knew and loved and so believes that they should be rewarded accordingly. As for the Vaul kid, he makes good shit. He is a bonesinger prodigy. He is mortal so his shit will never match that of the real Vaul but when he makes a thing it is worthy of kings. It's also worth noting that when he makes swords they carry a great resemblance, though less godly in quality, to a sword held by an infamous Tau general.

>It's also worth noting that when he makes swords they carry a great resemblance, though less godly in quality, to a sword held by an infamous Tau general.

... may I ask where you found that picture? It's amazing, but I can't quite make out the watermark.

Like all my pictures it was stolen from Veeky Forums.

Ah, OK.

I'm imagining it being lead by an Autarch council. They elect from the Exarchs of the craftworld an Exarch to be their ceremonial young king who has final say in times of a tie in the voting and therefor a powerful office but at the expense that he is the one chosen to get the chop next time they need a sacrifice to wake up He of the Bloody Hands.

Although farseers are, as always, prevalent in their culture it is only as advisers with no real authority of their own. Oddly in this they resemble the High Lords of the Imperium although they wouldn't be happy for you to draw that comparison.

Add to this maybe that the mainstream eldar culture no longer wakes the Bloody Handed one as often.

With access to the vast armies of the Imperium and the benediction of an alternate deity the eldar people are calling on Khine less and less. He is saved now for special occasions.

A new Beast arising or a Black Crusade type special.

d-does that mean he doesn't get Worf'd every 20 seconds?

Oh YES.

Seriously, an Avatar of Khaine is similar to a strong demonhost, right? I saw one piece of advice for dealing with a demonhost that was something along the lines of "Don't pray out loud, you'll need the breath for running".

Khaine may be in pieces, but he;s still an outright Warp God, his manifestations ought to be seriously freaking dangerous!