/dlg/ - Destiny Lore General

#We built this city on Rock & Roll and Light

Greetings Guardians! We have the First (or second?) Official launch of /dlg/. As we build ourselves up let us not be afraid to make an image for ourselves.

That said, today's starter topic is the city. I don't know about you but after a hard days work of putting bullets to god aliens I'd want to wind down an read a good book at a cafe or drink my fill till my ghost had to resuscitate me and then have that team building orgy with the fireteam and the normies. Speaking of which, what role do the normies play in the city?

[Destiny Lore General Discord] discord.gg/2jQMDsU

>Lore related links
[Grimoire Cards]
destiny-grimoire.info/
db.destinytracker.com/grimoire
ishtar-collective.net/

>Table Top Resources

>General Rules
-Keep shitposting to a minimum
-Thread is primarily for TT game and lore discussion, use the Discord for gamefinding/chatting and above mentioned shitposting
-And remember to donate glimmer to the guns for everyoone fund to help poor guardians get on their feet and out in the action.

Link to previous topic:

Other urls found in this thread:

db.destinytracker.com/items/472369271-deep-stone-crypt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Remember when guardian tower-diving was canon? We're scaring the normies, guys. Stop committing suicide repeatedly.

Which funny which I imagin they'd have Sparrow Race day and the big thing everyone looks forward to is how sick of a wipeout you have.

>Tower Diving is strictly forbidden

>t. New Monarcy Discipline Advisory Board

So what was deep stone crypt? Is it a vex structure, relating to chioma and sundaresh? exos can see it in their dreams, and it is a physical place, so what's the deal?

I vaguely remember somebody making a "Destiny with the serial numbers filed off" RPG, possibly by from the guy who made Soulhunters which was the same deal but Dark Souls. Anybody have that lying around?

There are probably other Grimoire cards that mention it but it seems to be the initial subroutine that created Exos to begin with not to mention the fact that Exos were needed because the bare human mind could not stand to be in the Vex network

db.destinytracker.com/items/472369271-deep-stone-crypt

copies, not Exos were used to explore the Vex networks.

Each scientist in the group created and released 256 copies of their own mind into the vex network, while you could view them as Exos; like Cayde they were just transferring their consciousness to a robotic or virtual body.

No idea if this was before or after the emergence of Exos.

I want to say they came after they started exploring the Vex network. There are theories out there that Sundaerash may be Stranger but nothing concrete obviously.

survival bump

>the deep stone crypt, the tower where we were born.
A computer tower.

What kind of campaign would you run set in the Destiny universe?

Murder hobos with no regard for death

Getting into situations that almost always result in a firefight of some sort. Reclaiming lost territory and resources to curry favor with various factions in the city.

They can always take and kill your ghost and you with it.

I wanted to do something like it but using the Cypher System. Probably not the guy you're thinking of.

So we have 6 stats to work with from the game:

Intelligence, Discipline, Strength, Armor, Recovery, and Agility

A concept I've had in my head for a bit is the idea of a sort of fast paced game where rather then just a straight up slug fest to see who's HP goes down first you take some aspects of the game like recovery for example. You take some damage and on your next turn you recover some of that damage which can also be midified by things like shields (effectively giving you another layer of HP) armor (to reduce the damage taken) agility (to help avoid damage if you can make it) and give extra function to stats like Discipline (to help resist effects/status/etc)

FUTURE WAR CULT BEST CULT

robo waifu?

How often will xûr come around? What will the vendors sell, and how good should they be? When will we go to the reef and felwinter's peak? Will the soccer ball and floating ball still be there?

This, to be honest

It's a giant server/factory. The origin point for OG Golden Age/Collapse Exos

I've tried playing with both overshields and damage reducing armor before. Fast paced it was not.

Since we arn't given a precise number of how much shield you have let's say for the sake of arguement the base amount is 50 and that never changes. Then when a Titan throws own his shield bubble it gives you an extra 50 hp that will stick around for a number of rounds as well as being the hp that burns off and can't be healed back up unless the Titan casts his shield bubble on you again fresh because the bubble he's created has to go away first before he can give you the benefit but you still have his shield bubble around that can act as cover or do some other effect like blinding/damaging enemies that go through it.