>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/sH1HrTZ9
youtube.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jumpers!
What are the coolest weapons you've come across in your travels?
Not necessarily the best, or even the practical, but the coolest.

I like Supard soul spears.

>Oooh, scary. Too bad it's complete shit next to being able to run around and bust planets while being unkillable.
Frankly, if you think that two beings in two different settings are equally powerful just because they share a name? You're clearly either trolling or an idiot. Still think it's dumb to completely wall off anything approaching the actual game.

>Level-up
Gives you the /potential/ to punch out a gimped Azathoth. After a ludicrous shitton of leveling up.

>two perks to no-sell pretty much everything you could possibly come across... and that's just in the jump.
And what would those be, Timmy?

>Frankly, if you think that two beings in two different settings are equally powerful just because they share a name?
Seeing as the perks flat out say they work the same in comparison to other Lovecraftian entities in other settings? Yes, the perks imply that.

>And what would those be
Level-up and Mythos Master. Boom, you've got a major head-start and only grow stronger from there. Good luck ever finding anything that can provide a challenge.

But hey, guess it's easy to ignore everything by labeling anyone who disagrees with you as a shitposter, right? Who cares about critique, who cares about internal balance? Anyone who isn't a mindless sycophant is just a shitposter. Guess SJ-chan had it right all along, just ignore everything and shove it on the drive.

Firstly, you "two" need to leave old drama in the old thread.

Secondly, stop same-fagging.

This isn't drama. It's jump review. Which shouldn't need to be kept to the old thread otherwise jumps posted at thread death would never get critique.

Who said mythos master came with a power boost? All I see is control over the lesser monsters.

It's just the shitposter trying to nerf us all. It's not critique. Ignore it.

Says the shitposter.

>600 cp - Mythos Master
Cthulhu is one of the Mythos’s mid tier powers, a great old one. The outer gods are stronger, but the upper echelons of the Mythos are all individuals, as compared to the races such as shoggoth and nightgaunts that make up the lower tiers. You are now an acknowledged and recognized member of the Mythos - as Cthulhu, to be exact. As such, the lesser races will obey you for the most part, and the upper members will probably take care not to squash you accidentally. Your equals, the other great old ones, will give you a modicum of respect. In other jumps, they local version of Cthulhu will probably be a bit confused to see you, but will then invite you over for tea or something.

So... you're saying being Cthulhu isn't being strong? That any random human can just waltz up and become him? Is that what you're trying to say?

Heh. I don't even need to say it, do I?

Should have waited a bit more. Ah well I'm on it it.

When everyone's a slut it's time for an orgy?

>Or maybe you could learn that the only way for you to get your powers back is to become a true hero and save the world.

You serious, m8? Do you know that the whole game is about Cthulhu being nerfed and then grinding JRPG-style?

The time before last you posted your Syndrome crap with anti-red bait.

>You are now an acknowledged and recognized member of the Mythos - as Cthulhu, to be exact.
>Acknowledged and recognized

Doesn't say you actually are Cthulhu, it just says you get recognized as him.

Also this. Cthulhu got hit with the nerf hammer HARD in this game.

Cool then. Should be fun to write those two perks up. Sorta have more ideas for Lunars right now, but we'll see.

Super-Raksha basically, yes.

Fair Folk are living stories, each the protagonist in their own narrative... Ishvara are those that grow extraordinarily powerful, and gain a compelling enough story that /everyone/ goes along with it, subordinating the tales of other Raksha and even Gods to fuel their own. The bigger their legend grows, the more powerful they get. At the peak of their power, they're some of the buffest beings in Exalted to the point that two out of three have fought the Sun one-on-one and held their own. Laashe would've won even, before he got dunked on by Luna

They also seem to often have a special power? Like, Balor had his Terrible Gaze, and could slay thousand with literally just his stare as well as "sear reality" with it, whatever that means.

So anyway, in short, what Justice said.

As for Pseudo-Ishvara... Well, I'm not handing out full Ishvara powers, but a lesser version of it. Because otherwise it'd always be the best buy in the jump, even if I charge 1600cp for it or something.

Maybe either have it power up as you get Essence, or just have it complete the apotheosis as you gain your Spark. Still in outlines and ideas phase here... We'll see.

I think the guy busy freaking out needs to wait to see what the jumpmaker says about powerlevels of the entities in the game. You and I and everyone sensible knows that mythos entities are often way less powerful outside of the original stories.

Becoming an Ishvara is all about spreading your story and dominating other stories until you reach an arbitrary power level, anyway. So it's not like it needs to be on offer or something.

In Bordelands the Torgue company makes a shotgun that shoots swords. That explode.
Swordsplosion.

It outright says it makes you mid-tier in power in the first sentence. Learn to read.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold on. You think I posted anti-Red bait?

Just because I disagreed with her that everyone who disagrees with her is out to get her? Calm down, guy.

It says you're a "mid-tier power" not "mid-tier in power". There's a big difference between the two, mate.

>Cthulhu is a mid tier power.
I don't see the words 'You' or 'Jumper' in that sentence.

I see it describe what cthulhu is, the fact that you get RECOGNIZED as him, and then what that actually means.

I see no mention of you gaining anything other than a reputation.

Honestly, if that is the sort of thing that Raksha can achieve naturally, it doesn't really seem like something that should be priced. Unless it's basically a headstart.

>It says you're a "mid-tier power" not "mid-tier in power". There's a big difference between the two, mate.
Bullshit.

The perk specifically says you take his place. They're not going to respect you without the power to back it up, you can't just boss around elder beings just by riding on coattails, that's not how shit works.

Ignore him, user. The shitposter is out declaring everyone to be a shitposter.

Alright lets just review what this perk does then. Line by line. Using logic.
1. Cthulhu is one of the Mythos’s mid tier powers, a great old one. (A discription of Cthulhu)
2. The outer gods are stronger, but the upper echelons of the Mythos are all individuals, as compared to the races such as shoggoth and nightgaunts that make up the lower tiers. (A discription of what Cthulhu is along with a discription of the lower ranks.)
3. You are now an acknowledged and recognized member of the Mythos - as Cthulhu, to be exact. (acknowledged and recognized AS Cthulhu)
4. As such, the lesser races will obey you for the most part, and the upper members will probably take care not to squash you accidentally. (Lesser Races Obey. Upper Levels try not to squish you.)
5. Your equals, the other great old ones, will give you a modicum of respect. In other jumps, they local version of Cthulhu will probably be a bit confused to see you, but will then invite you over for tea or something. (You get a measure of respect from Great Old Ones)

Not seeing your argument being valid at the least dude.

See

That would be funny.

Mythos Master does not come with a power up. If it did, it would be irrelevant as it would be stripped from you almost immediately.

This is accurate.

Jesus Christ, I thought you had to be 18 to post here. The sentence referring to other jumps says that Cthulhus will be surprised to see you because you are also Cthulhu. Meaning that in THIS jump, there is no other Cthulhu to be surprised. Because you are Cthulhu. Basic reading comprehension right there.

So what does it do in non-mythos settings?

Technically, there's not much that needs to be on offer... But anyway, I was thinking a capstone booster perk based on them (thus Pseudo-) would be cool. (As well as an Old Realm Lunar perk in Exalted: Lunars, but that seems to need less explanation/be less interesting?)

Reception seemed positive, so those are good candidates for going in.

I mean. Technically they can archieve that naturally, yes? By grasping a ridiculously powerful narrative, and subordinating the majority of Raksha to their story. Only three /ever/ are known to have managed that, and of those only one managed to do so in the last five millenia with everything diminished.

So... I guess it's a headstart if you think you can actually pull that shit off?

>What's the coolest weapon you've ever seen?

>Jumper takes off his pants

I think most people don't know what you mean by Old Realm Lunar.

I can explain it though, in case anyone was curious and didn't ask. Basically, modern Lunars have corrupted shards that turn eventually them into insane wyld mutants if they don't get moonsilver tattoos to limit their mutability and lock them into a caste. The original lunars didn't have that, they started casteless but without ill effect and naturally developed into one caste. Also, modern lunars only have three castes (full, changing, and no moons) whereas the original Lunars had give (Full, Waxing, Half, and No Moons) .

Presumably an Old Realm Lunar perk would make you not need Moonsilver Tattoos and could pick one of the three extinct castes that were combined into the Changing Moons.

How do you go to Shadow Dragon?

The only other imaged Fire Emblem jump is just the Sacred Stones AFAIK.

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to obtain power on Mythos Cthulhu's level via level grinding? I know most of his power gets stolen in game, so it should be possible to "gain it back", right? Or is he just not at Mythos Cthulhu's level even with full power period?

>(Full, Waxing, Half, and No Moons) .
Forgot Waning.

Hello /JC!

Mardukth! Would you, and the rest of the Thread, like to take a look at my current Jump? It's German Hollow Quest Jump (Basically Bleach in WW2) just in case you don't already know.

Phyrra's rifle-spear was pretty neato. Shame we never got the chance to bro it up in battle. Oh well.

Hogyoku would arguably have its prototypes or beginnings in World War 2 times. Urahara and Aizen originally just wanted something to dissolve hollow Shinigami barriers, the wish part came by accident.

Honestly I want white and purple colors and flames

A great smoldering look is the most powerful weapon.

Show us the car facts-I mean jump, Gaunlet!

>Phyrra
SHOT THROUGH THE HEART! AND YOU'RE TO BLAME!

Oops? I thought it was generic-ish.

Get Elemental Mastery and Customized Appearance in the Powers Supplement.

Okay I laughed. Thanks user.

Here's the pastebin.com/sH1HrTZ9 so have a look. I'm only a few Items and Drawbacks away from done. Companions are written up-ish but not fully fluffed out so not on the WIP properly.

Well, at least Cinder got what she had comin' to her.
Now she's a cripple who can barely move or speak, with a fucked up face and a boss she's terrified of.

RIP heroine

Builds are hard. Caring is hard. Doing things is hard.
Have a build.

Hyperdimension Neptunia (Redux?)
> Location: Lastation [Rolled2]
> Race: Monster [-100CP]
> Faction: Arfoire
> Cheeky Little Mouse [Get a Freebie!]
> A Monster's Faith [-100CP]
> Virus [-200CP]
> Introductory Graphic Text [Get a Freebie!]
> Harmlessly Evil [-100CP]
> Yes We Are Definitely Allies. [-200CP]
> Deity of Sin [-300CP]
> Player [-100CP]
> Oversized Gaming [-100CP]
> Family Friendly Games [-100CP]
> Hidden Cameras [Get a Freebie!]
> Goddess Containment Unit [-100CP]
> Gehaburn, Cursed Sword that Slays CPUs [-200CP]
> I Just Wanted Iffy To Praise Me [+100CP]
> CPU Lonely Heart [+100CP]
> JUSTICE KICK!!! [+100CP]
> Because Everyone Believes In Me [+300CP]

-
> Enjoy a crippling lack of self-confidence [...] and just generally not being honest about your feelings.
And not a single thing was different.

> So, there's probably some lovey arc now, right?
Nope! I don't do romance. I'm the shitty tsundere that uses violence to mask my own crippling insecurities that I'll never own up to. Have fun!
Actually, fabricating excuses to hang out is already thing I do.

> CPUs want to crush all piracy.
That's dumb.

> Arfoire wants to crush all CPUs.
That's ALSO dumb.

I am probably the most lackluster "hero", maintaining a tenuous status quo wherein CPUs exist while also allowing for an underbelly of piracy.
And then I play videogames for ten days straight.
> [Insert Sad Fart Noise]

/co/co/'s Bizarre Adventure (Redux?)
> Era: Fourth Story
> Background: Scientist
> Dramatics [Get a Freebie!]
> [The Show Must Go On] [Get a Freebie!]
> Storyteller [-200CP]
> Frontier Psychiatrist [-200CP]
> Bring On The Singularity [Get a Freebie!]
> Propane Nightmares [-100CP]
> Aztechnology [-200CP]
> Brand New Day [-300CP]
> Stray Cat Struttin’: Acoustic Guitar [-200CP]
> Children of the Atom [-200CP]
> + A Dissonant [MELODY]
> Propane & Propane Accessories [Get a Freebie!]
> Brave The Easily-Spooked Jumper [+100CP]
> Whoa Mama! [+100CP]
> Impeded Speech [+100CP]
> Greedy [+100CP]

"I-is it my turn now? S-s-sorry. I never really liked s-s-slapstick. But don't worry, I know s-s-some great one-liners! Just listen!"
"This one'll kill you."

Sometimes you go to a jump, and you fabricate this whole identity, a backstory, and you play that role of your own volition.
And sometimes the drawbacks decide all that for you.

Cowardly girl with a cowardly stutter attempts to sell snake oil and related sundries to everyone under the sun. Also hits on people.

Not much different from the original, but with the update I now have my very [MELODY], albeit one that's only capable of being used to make me seem terrifying.
S'cool. That's all I'd use it for anyway.

I'd like to do research into the nature of [STARLIGHT], hopes and dreams, etc, and jawbreakers.
It just so happens I know three guys who like jawbreakers.
Maybe I'll join them.

well let's see, there is my driver belt which has A scaled-down version of my big fau which has been imported an upgraded Basically everywhere as a baseline and then 14 assorted slots for plug-in gimmicks.

there is the chains of Hashut which I connected to a bear trap made from the jaws of Tahm Kench,he's still hungry.

there is that Artificial cosmic control Rod attuned to my zurg swarm which has pretty much absorbed all the essence in Primus after The Ben 10 jump ,So they're pretty ridiculous.

I have a pair of Punching gloves that are literally Twin dragons.

there is Nenohsib, a pair of glasses Which can emit a glow that that make people faint harmlessly, he is my Shushu weapon,so I Am literally Wearing a living demon on my face as a combination pepper spray/ Fashion accessory.

mother box is pretty much on par with hex from disk world in terms of magical ability only with a much greater variety of magic systems at her disposal, but she's more of a companion than a weapon.

There is the glitch zone, vaguely spherical nightmare realm of broken/missing textures, exposed code and screaming eight bit distortion constantly producing Disposable Mooks keyed to Another artificial cosmic control Rod.

I have the only Zenistar prime in existence.
youtube.com
/watch?v=Wc10xPpor1M

If you get technical about it One of my alt forms is a bio weapon with a 99% lethality Rate that grants A fair amount of superpowers to those that survive it.

I've got a lantern shield that started out as the fountain Shield from Lord of light that I put some light sabers on, then comes the item imports and Jumper tech,in King Arthur, I gave it the ability to absorb other shields and I've been feeding it every magical Shield I can Whip up, it's now a part of my body because of importing it as a limb in killing floor.

There is a release For the pusher plates on the Orion's on my motorcycle, you know what those pulse units will do to a person?

Might make the things that go bump in the night a wee bit confused, but probably nothing.

Level grinding is a valid method, yes. With it, Cthulhu, three humans, a talking cat, a dragon, and a skeleton knight can potentially punch out azathoth.

Granted, that's a four on one fight.

As for gaining it back... We never see Cthulhu reach that point.

>Level grinding is a valid method, yes. With it, Cthulhu, three humans, a talking cat, a dragon, and a skeleton knight can potentially punch out azathoth.
Gentlemen, it is time: We kill Jumpchan.

Dude we have a Jump for that. A Joke Jump but a Jump none the less.

You're a little late, pal. I've been granting my own perks for nigh onto four hundred jumps now.

>punch out azathoth
I think it's important to define how strong Azathoth is in this setting.

JRPG Final Bosss?

But why would you need it when Blacklight already lets you eat Azathoth?

>punch out Azathoth
Wait, but wouldn't that destroy literally everything even if it was possible?

Jumper trumps setting, we're fine. Who cares if the rest of the universe dies, it shouldn't have fucked with us.

I think it was the fact that they literally came upon a semi-lucid Azathoth who was beginning to forget his dreams, the Multiverse, and they basically pummeled him in the chin enough to send him back to lala land. It doesn't make much sense but better than what I've heard so far.

So like Kefka? Note it in jump so people have less ammo.

You can stop trying to nerf us now, Red. It's fine as it is, about time we got some physical perks worth a damn.

...Shit.

It does sound like that's what I meant, now that you say it.

But no, while I do plan on a perk/option to allow you to pick one of the extinct Castes... That'd probably be distinct from the capstone booster? I was just calling that bit "Original Castes" in my head.

The capstone booster, for which I probably need a better name, was actually meant to have you be one of the Lunars that'd /survived/ from the Old Realm/First Age till now. (Most likely by hibernating stretches, like Magnificent Jaguar did.) I knew I should've included "Elder" in the name somewhere.

Not sure if I'd include something to let you go without Tattoos. Was thinking of just letting you go without Wyld Taint after the jump, and the tattoos are damn useful even if they have their drawbacks. I was also thinking I'd offer a upgrade to the tattoos, so you specifically could still shape yourself with non-Lunar stuff if you wanted to.

Gauntlet! Sure, I'll take a look at that too.

But I know absolutely nothing of GHQ, though I did read a bunch of Bleach.

Bleach experience is cool too. Just need a few more Items and Drawbacks.

There's really no such thing as a "generic" FE jump. The hypothetical jump you are imagining is an Archanea Jump, which has not been made yet

Problem is that the this upgrade to the tattoos would basically be mandatory for most of us, shapeshifting being something we don't want to be locked out of forever.

It's Cthulhu Mythos, so omniversal+.

Wasn't asking you, random user.

Well shit.

That's fair. Making it a capstone booster would then be even worse in terms of must-buy though.

So maybe I'll just have it be a free post-jump tattoo upgrade, to balance the Casteless' benefiting from the revoking of wyld taint dangers.

That... does not really seem capstone worthy. It doesn't even seem like a perk. The capstone for the cthulhu origin shouldn't just make you cthulhu. Its both redundant and underwelming compared to the other perks.

why must we kill jumpchan...leave her be

What would happen if I used Animorphs Morphing to acquire the DNA of a powerful biological specimen, Self Duplication from Teen Titans to make a clone of myself, have that clone stay morphed for more than two hours to change its base form, and either Recolada or Prototype to merge/consume myself? Would I add the capabilities of that form to my base form, or would nothing happen at all?

So you’ve arrived.

Across this infinite sea of stars, across planes unheard and unseen, you have come. Guided by the hand of your ineffable benefactor, or whatever force that pulls you forward across the abyss. Whatever your reasons – ambition, adventure, greed, hubris...it matters not. What matters is that you’re here, before us, what is left of us.

We are but a memory, Jumper. Writings and ruins left behind, and even what we grant you now is but a legacy. But we can tell you of the shape the galaxy has taken in our absence. In the year 2003 on the Galactic Calendar, long before you will see this, the Galactic Federation will be formed. Many sentient species, humanity included, band together to make this sovereign body. However, even ‘now’, the galaxy is still unexplored and uncertain...full of abyssal terrors, horrors, and unknowns that baffle even the sharpest of minds. At the forefront of this are the dreaded Space Pirates, who not only raid and harass the Federation to this day, but regularly meddle and tinker with horrific sciences and monsters best left buried. The problem is persistent enough that the Federation must regularly employ Bounty Hunters to explore the unknown galaxy, as well as search and destroy these Space Pirates and others.

What would you suggest it be replaced with?

Ryleh decided to invade without Cthulhu, so he kicked their asses. Afterwards, azathoth teleported them to him and dared them to attack him.

In the very center of all of this is the Hatchling, Samus Aran. Losing her parents and nearly her life to the Space Pirates, we took her in as one of our own. Vengeance burned within her heart, and with both our genes and relics, she became a mighty warrior – known to the Space Pirates as the dreaded Hunter. Her hunt begins in earnest now, on the year of 2075, where she will return to her surrogate home Planet Zebes with a wrathful retribution. The beginning of this year will be the time you stand before these relics, these words.

Your arrival was prepared for, and we have greeted you with the tools necessary to survive in this galaxy. We give you wisdom, power, and tools to etch your fate into the cosmic fires of the stars above. You have +1000 points, and receive no more, lest you invite great evil and danger into this world. But perhaps, this is no concern or worthy adversary of yours. Whatever you choose, choose wisely.

Breaking character for thread note: I wanted to keep some of the Corruption mechanics of drawbacks from South's WIP. Not sure what form they'll take yet. The last bit of fluff is just an IC-warning...there will be drawbacks and it won't be too awful, depending on what you pick.

You better damn well not be baiting us heavens.

Looks good. But i thought the beyond vasto lorde thing was something all hollows were supposed to be able achieve with acceptance? Locking it to a capstone seems kind of wrong.

I wanna pet a Metroid.

>You better damn well not be baiting us, Brellin.
FTFY.

Sounds more like Narly fucking with folks for shit and giggles to me.

Awesome!

Yata figures out how to artificially induce it. And so can you.

Hey guys, sorry I was gone for a few days, but I'm not dead so Paper Mario will be complete. I saw a few questions about Heartless, so I'll add some clarifications to that one.

I want a metroid that can go through their life cycle outside of their planet.

Most people don't know they evolve into lizard monsters. The familiar form is a larva.

Maybe make the reputation/respect boost persist among other jumps' monsters and gods? Some kind of authority, since Cthulhu is the high priest of the old gods?

While still early in the season, S3 of the Flash has seen yet another Speedster. This time it's Savitar, God Of Speed, who seems to be so fast he's invisible, even Barry who's clocking in at Mach 14+ could barely see. Oh and he's armored, so it's unknown if the armor gives him the speed or what.

Not updating the Jump until S3 ends. I may relax the time travel restriction so you can pull off what Barry & Zoom did in S2. Which is to go back in time just a tad bit and pulling your past-self into the present. Which is really just taking an alternative timeline version of your past self.

Yeah... it's gonna be an interesting Season. Especially with Reverse Flash working with Damian Dark in Legends of Tomorrow and there's gonna be a massive crossover episode soonish.

Supergirl is turning out to be a real blast in S2 compared to S1. So if no one claims it before S2 ends I'll step up to the plate. However if anyone wants it now, be my guest.

NMH laser swords are funky.

Jumpboner.exe initiated. Standing by.

Which metroid is this? Fusion? The Prime series?

Don't worry about it, man. Take your time, enjoy yourself. That being said, will Shadow get a perk for possession, given that the Shadow Queen was able to possess Peach? Because that'd be great for being the final boss, what with my true form hanging behind/around the possessed victim. Just saying it would be cool.

Yes.

If what I can find about the timeline seems accurate, you're going from 2075 to 2085. So that's the events of the entire series with about four years after Fusion, assuming I didn't miss something.

That said, there will be drawbacks to canonize or de-canon Prime or Other M, respectively. I definitely want to do those in that order. Funny enough, if you de-canon Prime but buy Phazon or take Corruption drawbacks, you're the only person in the galaxy with those things.

I'll think about adding a possession perk to either the Shadow racial perks, or as a part of the Dark Form customization section.

Because she's limiting us and that's bullshit. Who the fuck is she to force us to play by retarded rules.

Good luck, senpai and don't burn yourself out.

I feel like Prime and Other M could probably be their own jumps. Dunno about the main Metroid series.

Also, is it me or has there not been a Metroid game in forever?

It's not just you.

It's also a damn shame.

Was it Sakamoto's waifu simulator that killed it? I feel like Metroid was popular back in the 2000s.

these rules are meant to protect you, what will happen if you gain too much power and you destroy yourself?

I've done that already inside the boundries that Jump-Chan set.