I need an illness which is harmless to adults, but deadly to children

I need an illness which is harmless to adults, but deadly to children.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JsYwjnIp8FY
advancewars.wikia.com/wiki/Creeping_Derengea
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

....why?

Infectious pedophilia?

Influenza. Unless you count old farts as adults.

Everything. Children and elderly have bad immune systems and just about everything is more deadly to them.

Politics.

Anti-Chickenpox.

A sickness that de-ages you 18 years?

People should have 12 kids with only 6 reaching adulthood before modern medicine, even among the rich.

The illness rejuvenates you, slowly taking 10-12 years off your life. If you age before your birth you die (lots of children will become casualties just from their immune systems and bodies becoming more fragile/regressing too).

Bacterial infections. Most of these are seriously more deadly to children than adults. See stuff like listeriosis and botulism

Chicken Xop

SIDS? Some kind of super Acrodynia?

Measles

Embarrassing Parents Syndrome.

Fey Touch

Adults are unaffected.
Kids with fey touch enchant everything they touch with wild magic.

youtube.com/watch?v=JsYwjnIp8FY

This. Basically any form of Influenza, most poxes, etc.

Chronic Changeling Disorder.

Gastroenteritis

The Flu.
Measles.
Rubella.
Whooping Cough.
Sleeping Sickness.
Malaria.
Anthrax For Kids.
Tapeworms.
Trychononodosis.
Dogs.
Kinder surprises.
Legos.
Cholera.
Schistosomiasis.
Pneumonia.
Dracunculiasis.

Came to say this:
The flu is what you're looking for.

>dracunculiasis
Was going to say you made that one up, but no. Nice name for something that kills you.

Better than dying from constipation or flu.

pied piper's disease.

I know they're not illnesses but spider and snake bites, things like insect stings have far greater effect on kids than they do adults because of the difference in body mass and a resultant lesser abilitytocope with toxins.

Adulthood

...thats actually a medical condition...

>SIDS
actually, most if not all cases of SIDS are actually easily explained as non-malicious accidental deaths. doctors just call it SIDS so they don't have to tell the parents that sleeping in bed with their newborn caused crushing asphyxia, or that the baby overheated and died because of too many blankets, or any one of a jillion different things that kill babies that new parents aren't aware of and don't know to be wary of.

>made that one up
That's the one that President Jimmy Carter is currently in Africa working to end.

TOXIC MEGA COLON

It's real, look it up.

Holy shit Jimmy Carter is alive?

I had no idea. Jesus he's old.

advancewars.wikia.com/wiki/Creeping_Derengea

>Incredibly contagious among children but cannot affect adults
Imagination?

It's the one where you get a worm that you have to pull out of your flesh by rolling it around a stick.