Quick question from new MTG faggot

Quick question from new MTG faggot.

Would this destroy all artifact creatures if "Destroy all artifacts" was selected?

Artifact creatures are artifacts and they are creatures. So yes. Unless there is an effect that makes artifact creatures lose the 'artifact' type

>Would this destroy all artifact creatures if "Destroy all artifacts" was selected?
No, since there is no "destroy all artifacts" option. If you select "Exile all artifacts", then yes, it would exile all artifact creatures.

And they said Veeky Forums was bad at Magic.

I bet you felt smart typing this.

It's ok. Since you're new, you'll just have to get used to the fact that magic players quibble for their lives about specific wording.

Because specific wording is very very important to the game. i.e. Exiling and Destroying are two different mechanics.

I'm not even the OP, just someone who's not a pedantic tard. Must be hard understanding intentions.

That's actually a huge difference in MTG

Oh we knew what you meant. We just have to get our digs in whenever we can.

OP here, thanks, and yes forgot it said exile and not destroy, fuck me ay. But yeah my friends and I just bought the commander 2016 decks, we got into magic around the start of this year and have only been playing Standard, but holy shit is this new format fun.

Enjoy it as much as you can before the arms race starts.

This

hey another user here

I didn't want to make another thread for this but does anyone know how to start playing and build a magic deck properly?

So much this.

God damn this game gets expensive quick.

In Veeky Forums? No

And as the person you're replying to pointed out the distinction isn't actually pedantic, it matters as it effects how that ability interacts with other abilities, mostly indestructible, if it was destroy indestructible would protect against it. Since it's Exile it doesn't. Also Exile doesn't place the cards into the graveyard, meaning they can't be retrieved, they're basically gone for good.

>they're basically gone for good.
For good you say!?

Shhh.

Lurk more.

Yes, but you really need to be more specific. What format do you mean?

Also I guess this is the casual general now. I should really start making casual generals on the weekends...

What deck would even run this?

>"properly"
depends on what format and who you're playing with.
If you're playing with friends in EDH, most people will probably hate playing with you if you make a better deck than them. (curse of the casuals)
If you're playing a 60 card format, there's tons of information on what the "best" net deck is, based on meta. But metas change frequently so do your research on the strength and weaknesses of the deck.

Do your research, asking on a message board doesn't count.

In EDH, plenty of white decks both have the room and the use to justify it. Either anti-hate tech or just reusing shit like Academy Rector.

I'm not denying the importance of rules, I'm saying that hanging on the fact that op wrote x instead of y when the intent was clear is childish.

imho your best shot is limited, sealed or draft
if you have lgs around, grab friends, crack boosters and play, it teaches card evaluation, deck building, has the most blurry meta of all formats, and from casual beer and pretzel to championships costs of play are the same, equal to three or six boosters.
plus it's still buying cards, so it starts a casual collection you can turn into cube or some 60 card decks to play around with friends
afters 8 years in mtg, imho it's the best format

>Look for a format
>Netdeck
>Lose
>Netdeck again
>Repeat until you don't lose.
profit

No it doesn't destroy anything. It would exile all the artifacts. Destroy =/= exile.

Yo OP, when cards ask for some characteristic. it doesn't matter if something has other characteristics besides that. So, if something says "Destroy target green creature" like Slay, it will destroy multicolored creatures as long as they are green, like Atraxa, Praetor's Voice.

The inverse is also true, "destroy target nonblack creature" will not kill Atraxa.

So much this. I thought I know how to play, because I've used to play few years ago, and after getting back was losing non stop. Now I'm on par with the other scrubs at my LGS