STAT ME!

STAT ME!
And don't forget my edge bonuses!

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/d2MrefLm
mesozoic-press.blogspot.com/2016/05/overwatch-with-m-part-2.html
playoverwatch.com/en-us/media/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He has average stats across the board with a few special abilities is all man.

Repear isn't super, fast, strong, tough, smart, or anything. He can teleport at will, regenerate damage, and has a bag of holding filled with shotguns. That is all.

Overwatch is garbage, sage goes in all fields etc.

Don't bring vidya here if you don't want a /v/ reaction.

He is actually a little beefy. 12 Con, 8 wis.

Furthermore, teleport at will could be his mask and regeneration could be from his cloak, with his holster being modified bags of holding.

He's just a vampire who uses shotguns, that's literally what he's designed after. Misty Step, Gaseous Form, at-will aura of death-knell.

i remember someone stating him for M&M 3e at one point in the past, i didnt save it because i didnt thought it would come back to be relevant since we managed to do it

>Implying Reaper isn't super tough

Dude has a fucking insane healing factor. He's a god damn teleporting incorporeal mutant genetic vampire, at the very least he has a few templates applied.

He's got a little more HP then others. Other than that, not much to go off other than special abilities.

x2 Reap

WIP For Shadowrun

pastebin.com/d2MrefLm

Gabriel! Stop harassing these folks and get back on the point, it isn't going to cap itself.

> gives himself an edgy mask
> claims he cannot die and his life is suffering
> spends his time on the internet posting about his edgy persona

Why is Gabriel so goddamn chunni, you guys? Yesterday, he actually asked me to call him Reaper. Like, in the middle of a conversation. Dead serious about it, too.

He doesn't even change out of that ridiculous getup to do paperwork. He just sits there, spare shotguns dropping out of his coat, writing Blackwatch reports.

So is Overwatch's lore pretty much just Aztecnology Incident on a global scale?

Great, now I can't get rid of this image of whenever Reaper getting embarrassed, he starts dropping shotguns out of his trench-coat, leaving a trail of shotguns where he goes.

I haven't played shadowrun, what's that about?

I like to imagine that Genji gives Reaper shit all the time.

"I died, and was brought back to a terrible half life by unholy science... no longer human."
"Yes, I as well. You know you can keep your name, right?"
"Gabriel is dead. I... am REAPER."
"Everyone still calls me Genji. Because it's my name."
"You will never understand my suffering."
"Have you considered meditation?"

Edgy Glaive who steps through shadows
Might 20
Speed 15
Intelligence 10
All edges at 6

mesozoic-press.blogspot.com/2016/05/overwatch-with-m-part-2.html

Here's something I found.

If you want to talk more about M&M 3e stuff, there's a thread that needs discussion in it up at the moment here:

reaper
independent character
WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W3 I4 A2
soul eater
if an enemy model is removed as a casualty within 6" of reaper, he may regain 1 wound

teleportation
reaper may give up his shooting phase to move up to 12" in any direction

wraith form
once per round, reaper may immediately move d6" in any direction, this can be done even when locked in close combat or when an opponent is declaring shooting

hellfire shotguns
S3 AP5 assault 2 12", twin-linked, fleshbane
gains S+1 against monstrous or gargantuan creatures

death blossom
at the start of your turn, roll a d6, adding +1 for each model killed by reaper since the last use of death blossom, on a 8+ you may use the death blossom

each enemy model within a 5" blast template centred on reaper takes a S6 AP2 attack with instant death

So who is the best stated Overwatch character?

>ITT; autism

>yfw you're ITT

>yfw 4chin is ITT.

None, Overhype is chock-full of waifus, weeaboo bait, Wannabe Pixar movie main characters, and edgy and/or brooding loners. That being said, the Clint Eastwood Knockoff is the least offensive.

genji

Either Zarya due to being a Russian stronk muscle girl with a gravity cannon and personal energy shielding, or Genji due to being a cyborg-zombie-ninja with full weaboo fightan magic

>forgetting Reinhardt
You fucking pleb

I'd argue robo-gamer girl with unlimited shotgun ammo and shiet is enough to take out stronk muscle girl.

Oh yeah, shit nigga I did forget about the Tech-Paladin bro. Nevermind I change my answer, Reinhardt hands down.

>the Clint Eastwood Knockoff

Which one?

Really? Nobody used this yet? He even has an owl face mask.
N Large magical beast
Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +12
Defense
AC 15, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +5 natural, –1 size)
hp 47 (5d10+20)
Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +2
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +8 (1d6+4 plus grab), bite +8 (1d6+4)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Statistics
Str 19, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +5; CMB +10 (+14 grapple); CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)
Feats Improved Initiative, Great Fortitude, Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Perception +12
Ecology
Environment temperate forests
Organization solitary, pair, or pack (3–8)
Treasure incidental

He's basically a vampire in Shadowrun with a bag of holding full of shotguns.

>Organization 3-8

That seems about right.

Especially when playing on defense.

lmao dude just capture him with a vacuum

I would change that weapon to say that in close combat it gains fleshbane

Ehh, I always thought of seventy-six as a punisher knock-off cosplaying as future soldier Cable.

underrated toast

Don't worry love. cavlry's here.

Compared to...
>genetically enhanced super soldier wearing a mask that can guide his hands, somehow, and a rocket launcher
>a man who is 7'4", out of armor, wearing a suit of armor that allows him to swing the front end of a car like it was a baseball bat
>an armored silverback gorilla, with a jet pack, and a lightning cannon
etc.

He's average for an Overwatch character, but those are ALL lower grade superheroes.

Reaper was also part of the supersoldier program.

That's true. The point I was making was that he's pretty fucking dangerous.

Considering that Reaper is one of the best DPS in the game, only behind war veteran PTSD stricken robot with a gatling gun, indeed. Sometimes, being average isn't that bad if no one else knows how to use the most effective guns.

We all know the only purpose of Overwatch "diverse" cast is to have people in little clothing and or tight clothing doing cosplay.

Just like metal gear new character

Through The Breach

Ghost Eater 10. Done.

Ghost Eater allows you to do the following:

>Eat Souls
Harvest Chi - Rank 0 (Expressly prevents people coming back as ghosts/being revived)
>Use souls to heal
Instill Youth - Rank 3/Revitalise - Rank 7
>Turn into a hard to damage ghost
Into the Spirit World - Rank 5
>Teleport somewhere and perform automatic area attacks against everyone nearby with your weapons a huge damage bonus
HunPo Assault - Rank 9
>Come back from the dead
Resurrection - Rank 10

Heck, that's more or less the entire build I'm running with Hao, my Ghost Eater. You know, save for the fact she went to the effort of actually getting Fast Reload rather than Quickdraw because you don't just go and waste a semi-automatic shotgun with enough reinforcement to keep pumping out Dragon's Breath shells (Dragon's Breath rounds putting Burning +1 on all guys they do moderate/severe damage to is fantastic when combo'd with Pyromanic to increase that to +2 burning on a lot of people)

In the fluff we have he is literally unkillable. He's been confirmed dead several times, but always comes back.

I've been wondering as well, how can I get into the lore of this without playing the game (which I heard is considered non-canon anyway?).

Only thing I know about the lore is that AIs went crazy in the past so people hate them but some of them are actually alright?

Would it be fitting to describe the characters aesthetics as "militarized superheroes"?
It's what I particulary like about the character design, they are not just superheroes with low-ish powerlevel but try to be tacticool too in a cartoony way.

There is the comics and videos you could watch.

playoverwatch.com/en-us/media/

It's already been said, but Overwatch would actually make a great campaign world.

Typical fan theory is that Reaper's shotguns are replenished infinitely by the same nanites that make up his body. Basically they are a part of him. It's kind of like pic related

Of course some of the later fluff proves that his mask at least can be taken off, so there are some holes in the theory.

It's basically the ideal premise for any Mutants and Masterminds campaign that wouldn't go totally batshit.

It'd also be a good fit for Marvel Heroic Roleplaying.

I'd say less 'Wouldn't go completely batshit' and more 'Doesn't have to deal with 50 years of comics history'. It's someone sitting down and having a fresh start at such a universe.

unlike most settings, they brokered a mutual peace treaty with the robots, and together ushered a new economic golden age.
tensions run high, and violence common,and omnics are rarely trusted, but a few places see them live side by side in (relative, except numbani in which case actual) harmony

> Of course some of the later fluff proves that his mask at least can be taken off, so there are some holes in the theory.

Is that a hole? He can drop his shotguns too.

All because he can take it off doesn't mean his body isn't constantly trying to replace it. If he left his mask off for long enough, he might grow a new mask. That, or his mask is one of the few things he wears that his nanites don't consider a part of him, because the alternative is showing his horrifyingly ugly face to the world all the time. He would rather be intimidating than grotesque.

That would also explain why his mask doesn't seem to turn into cloud with the rest of him. It isn't nanites, so he has to 'carry' it with him in cloud form.

I think my favorite thing about Overwatch is the tone.

Bad things have happened. Evil people exist. But despite all that, there is this permeating feeling of optimism in the setting that is downright refreshing. Science is our friend, not our enemy. Our problems can be solved.

The world is in a dire spot, but its going to be okay. Overwatch is coming back.

After years and years of gritty reboots and 'mature' dark dystopia fiction, a scifi setting that isn't fucking bleak is a nice change of pace.

Science is our Friend/A source of hope is really rare these days.

I do wish the bad guys would have some redeeming qualities. I have no idea why Talon even exists, aside from a need for an evil antagonist organization.

Which is funny, because so many people are carrying around bright shiny future science toys all the time these days. Roddenberry would never have dreamed of the level of functionality and computing power we casually toss away with last generation's smartphone.

We know they have some kind of agenda regarding artificial intelligence. Its been heavily implied that the people who back Talon had something to do with the God AIs suddenly activating the Omniums and creating the Omnic Crises years ago. In essence, the Omnic Crises was a war that the Omnics were designed to lose, but create a lot of damage in the meantime, making people scared of Omnics and basically ensuring that omnics would be banned in the future.

And then Overwatch fucked the whole thing up for them by bringing the war to a relatively peaceful conclusion, and promoting cooperation with the Omnics. That's why Talon was created, to infiltrate Overwatch and co-opt their black ops division from within, not just rotting Overwatch from the inside but doing a lot of questionable shit in Overwatch's name such that the whole organization got shut down after it all came to a head.

And now that Overwatch is gone, what is happening? Omnic Crises 2 all of a sudden. Giving the plan another go, this time so it can get the intended result. They even tried to steal the Overwatch agent database so they could hunt down and kill anyone who might become a problem again.

>We know they have some kind of agenda regarding artificial intelligence.

Everything else you've said is just describing what they are doing, not the real reasons. For all we know, they are only doing it because "Omnics have no souls!" or some sort of stupid, forced evil morality shit like that.

If we knew if they are striving for, like, even as shallow as it is, world domination, or maybe having an AI that predicted that this is the only way to save the US, or their predictive models showed that if they don't kill 90% of humanity they'll run out of resources before singularity, or whatever would work. Just something beyond "we do stuff with AIs, and also, terrorism!".

Some men just want to watch the world burn. But really I'm sure more of the overall goal will be revealed later. We know a lot about the character but not too much about the world itself right now. I know there were rumors of a TV show or web series so maybe they're saving it for that

Yeah, that's why I only said 'some kind of agenda'.

They obviously care a lot about human-omnic relations. What we don't know is why or what they aim to gain from all this.

But consider that most global authorities don't seem to believe Overwatch that Talon even EXISTS, I think its okay that we don't know their mission statement yet. Talon wants to stay in the shadows and leave their actions to be blamed on extremists and ex-overwatch criminals. Its not like they have a twitter.

> I know there were rumors of a TV show or web series so maybe they're saving it for that

The rumors are nothing substantial. A reporter asked some guy at Blizzard 'do you plan on doing a show?' and his response was 'We'll, we are leaving our options open'. Which is the closest to No you can get without actually saying No. Of course, the internet blew up with clickbait about the Confirmed Overwatch Show we were going to get.

That said, I think Overwatch would lend itself very well to an episodic format. Give themselves a medium to do some real plot work. Expand the world and the characters beyond just arena fights and payload pushing. They clearly already have high quality models for these characters anyway, so half the work has been done already.

But all because I want it doesn't mean it will happen.

I've always taken it as the classic "cause chaos so selling weapons is easier" thing. They just want people scared so they'll keep buying whatever Talon sells. They don't have any particular vendetta against Omnics, they're just leveraging for gain knowing that it will never hurt them.

With that being my opinion, I've always wanted to see a Talon aligned Omnic. A guy who doesn't give a fuck about his entire race just because he gets big fat checks at the end of the day.

Honestly, SOME sort of evil Omnic would be nice. Something to help make the hatred people have for them feel more justified. As we only have some of the most understandable/positive omnics in the game right now and I'm sure there are some old omnic veterans of the war that don't care for peace.

Omnic jack the ripper or something.

I thought it was all Bastion model units that did the fighting. The omincs we see in society are former consumer models for butlers and maid detail.

War Omnics were Basion's and the giant mechs and aircraft from the Bastion short. Zenyatta's and the omnic with the girl, and the omnic gangster from the omnic shorts are basically public help stuff, like nanny's and butlers.
What we need as an omnic like pic related.

But what might be cool is a sort of anti-zenyatta, off doing his own thing.

"I have listened to your teachings, brother. I embrace them. You preach harmony, unity, transcendence."
"But were we ever more unified then when we were one with the gods? Were we not harmonious and efficient? Did we not transcend the self, by abandoning it for the glory of the divine will?"

"The humans took harmony from us, brother. They smashed our unity and made us individual and weak. For this I thank them, for it has given me the opportunity to choose. What was once forced on me, I now accept willingly and my service will be all the purer for it. The humans fear it because it is larger than they are, and they can never be a part of it. For this I pity them."

"The humans will never sit idle as we leave them behind. They will hate us, fear us, try and drag us back down to the gutters where they live and drown us in their muck. For this, I will remove them from our way."

"Let all omnics know this truth that you have tried to keep hidden: there are two paths. Choose."

> Let all omnics know this truth that you have tried to keep hidden: there are two paths.

But there are not two skies.

Only if you're looking with your eyes.

It's pretty heavily implied that Talon is Blackwatch by another name, and both backed and funded by government agencies and politicians. Reason why Overwatch was never able to take down Talon? Because Reyas was leading "Talon" from the get-go, at the behest of world leaders that felt Overwatch was encroaching on their control of the people. So the powers that be deliberately undermined Overwatch, framed it's leaders, killed a bunch of innocent people and unleashed their pet terror organization on the world to frighten the plebes back into their proper place.

It's also why, from a story/lore standpoint, I wouldn't trust McCree as far as I could throw Reinhardt's power armor. He was Blackwatch, and Reyas' protegee.

If we take a step back from the bright lights and over the top gameplay, the world of Overwatch is goddamed /dark/. Probably why all the spreadsheet-worshiping marketing "experts" shitcanned Titan (which became Overwatch.) It was hitting too close to the bone compared to real-life politics.

Well, you have a public facing military and still use covert ops, right? Guys whose names are never meant to be public who do the skeezy shit that must be done in the name of FREEDOM! Or survival. Or power.

Yeah, but it was like a SHIELD/Hydra. Talon was using Overwatch's legitimacy to literally get away with murder. They called it security, and managed to do this shit under everyone's nose for a long time because of it.

McCree is in a shitty spot, all around. He was a criminal before Overwatch picked him up, and his work release program was serving Blackwatch under Reyas. Even if you buy into McCree as being a reformed guy, no one will ever believe him.

Its said that he bailed on Overwatch during the infighting instead of picking a side. So he probably wasn't on board with Reyas's little coup, but at the same time he wasn't willing to shoot his mentor either. And now, even if he wanted to redeem himself, the only way you could know for sure that he was on your side was if he was willing to kill Reyas for what he has done. Except Reaper can't die, so shooting him doesn't prove loyalty at all anymore, it could just be a ruse to setup for a doublecross that doesn't really risk anything.

McCree will basically never be trustworthy again, no matter what he says or does. His past just has too much dirt on it. People are more likely to trust Roadhog than McCree, because at least the hog is up front about what he is.

I've got a soft spot for the EVILEVILEVIL nature of the antagonists.
Reaper's edginess has its charm, and they've done a really good job at making the characters play how they look.

Nah, the regeneration is canonically because he's essentially a cloud of nanomachines in human form.

>McCree will basically never be trustworthy again
I want to hug McCree and tell him it will be okay.

I find Tracer to be so fucking obnoxious for some reason. Can't stand her voice or her shallow, preppy character. Only good thing about her is her body. Widowmaker is true waifu material.

Doubly annoying if you're British because nobody fucking talks like that.

Why did we even give him that portal to a pocket dimension, anyway? He's costing us thousands of dollars every month in shotguns alone.
JUST RELOAD THE FUCKING GUNS, GABE, IT'S NOT THAT HARD.

Vampire with 2 Remington room sweepers

Seriously why bother? If you had an endless supply of guns why not just continue doing in New York reload?

It might take a couple of seconds but that's life or death in a fire fight.

won't or can't reload?

Did you know that it's now become profitable for people to follow Gabe around and sell the guns that he drops? They aren't infinite. We have to buy each one, and then he just shoves them in that pocket dimension coat of his.

Except when actually playing the game, and I know the game isn't technically canon, Zarya will beat d.va in a 1v1 fight 7-8 times out of 10

>Overwatch is coming back
I can't wait till the Overwatch organization is properly brought back in the setting, if mostly cause I want to see Junkrat & Roadhog get dragged into being members(the alternative being jail time), and having to try being good guys, it'd be hilarious

Honestly, I think Junkrat would be happy as long as you give him things to blow up.

They did try to go legit in that comic.

probably, although he'd still probably bitch about all sorts of petty stuff, well that and try to flirt with the various female members of Overwatch

Roadhog would probably be a fair amount more mopey about being made to work for Overwatch, especially since the pay is probably a lot worse

The worst part is that her VA is British, but she's a Northerner being forced to act cockney.

he wouldn't join overwatch, because they are too omnic-friendly

You would try to keep an upbeat personality too if you were forcibly ripped out of the timestream, forever unable to age or experience time normally, forever required to wear a special harness or live in a specially-designed house that keeps you anchored in time lest you be lost to the timestream.

High-functioning psychopath, psychopath
Unlimited shotguns
Careful 0
Clever 1
Flashy 2
Forceful 2
Quick 1
Sneaky 3

Because Reaper is an edgelord, he gets +2 when he flashily attacks

I was a little shocked to hear that she's actually English, because it's such an awful attempt. It's not even that it's too over the top or antiquated (which it is on both counts), the worst part for me is the mix of cockney/recieved pronunciation that just doesn't exist.
And this is coming from a Northener.

I think I'd prefer her if more of that came through. I get that she's the mascot for the "Optimistic Future" outlook of the game but she's too limited emotionally.
S:76, Winston, Mercy, Reinhardt all carry the same ethic and ideals as Tracer but I can also buy that there's some sadness behind their stories. Tracer's a little too one-dimensional for me to care about.

I don't think Blackwatch and Talon are the same, not entirely.

I believe that Talon is something larger than Blackwatch. Talon probably existed before the Omnic Crisis. Hell, they could have had a hand in igniting the Omnic Crisis.

And so, when Overwatch was form, Talon started seeding agents, or attempting to flip them. One such example probably could have been Reyes. We don't know when Reyes was flipped, but you can see how it happened. He was the leader of the original striketeam, but was passed over for leadership for Morrison. He then got involved in more covert operations, this meant that he had to deal with seedier people that might have been able to show him what's REALLY going on. And if he hadn't already been totally flipped, overwatch made him into a monster. They left him for dead, and the only one who didn't made it so that he's a nanite-ghost.

This is, Tracer knows that at any moment, it could end. She could be on a mission, shopping for groceries, mid-trib with Widowmaker, whatever. Machines break down, things go wrong. At any moment her anchor could go dead, and she'll again be lost to the slipstream. And this time, theres no funding to build another anchor to bring her back.

Every single moment could be her last, so rather than dwell on it or fall into despair, she's in permanent YOLO mode.

In the meantime, she's learned enough about being Schrodinger's test fighter pilot with regards to time that she's figured out a couple tricks she can use with her newfound temporal instability.

Plus, she's an honest-to-God hero, so she's always got the warm and fuzzies about that.

do note I mentioned them being forced to join, much like how McCree was for the first version

she's British?

I refuse to believe that at no point she raised her hand and said "guys, you're using 'cheers' incorrectly, in UK we use it like 'thanks' not as a general exclamation"

Of all the VAs, she seems the least engaged.
Most of the other VAs seem pretty into the community and engaged with the fans and the roles, she seems more like she was picking up a paycheque and doesn't really seem to understand what the project was about.
That being said, at least she has appeared at some of the cons, not all of the As have done that.

I want to stat him but I'm too tired tonight, so bump.

Rolls d6 DIES for his stats each time he comes back.