Skaven

so who here likes magic , scientific and murderous ramen ?

>murderous ramen

Fucking ninja-assassin rats, who doesn't love the skaven.

Dunno, but I just had some ramen noodles (not instant) with a miso soup flavor-packet. It was pretty great.

>magic ramen
Is that supposed to be like magic mushrooms? You put some kind of hallucinogen in there and proceed to spill soup all over yourself?

You know, ramen's okay, but Aldi's has some yakisoba that has real vegetables instead of...whatever those green bits are in the cup. Try it sometime.

Why ramen, though? I mean, chances are if you eat a meal at a table with skaven, no matter what they serve is gonna be murderous because the rat fucks probably poisoned it.

A novel blunder, well done.

>noodles in a cup
I never could stand that stuff.

I was using some hipster-y bag of rice noodle cakes, but I'll keep an eye out for this yakisoba stuff. I'll note it as part of my path away from instant crap and toward real cooking.

Yakisoba is delicious. But for the user who's looking to make less instant crap, try the following:

google search for a nearby asian food store. If you're in the US, chances are you have one nearby. Go there, and buy some noodles that look good (dry is fine, if they're refrigerated they're probably also good, but that's not what you want for this) and a few things to make a good broth. You'll want fish paste for sure (it's not that bad) and some soy sauce for a very basic broth, but also maybe some other sauces that look interesting. Also get some dried seaweed.

When you go to make noodle broth, soak some dried shitake mushrooms in cold water overnight. Like, 8-12 hours. Then pour out most of the broth but not all of it. Pour some of the broth into a pan or pot, squeeze out the mushrooms and save them for later. Then throw in herbs and greens you like. I use green onions, lemon, peppercorn, mint and coriander.

Boil that, then reduce it. If you don't know how to reduce something, you should learn because it's handy - reduce to a simmer then just cook off excess water until you're down to like, 50% of what you had in the beginning.

Then boil some MORE water, bring it to a HIGH fucking boil, toss in your noodles, cook them for as short a time as possible, take them out and strain them, then shock them with cold water to stop them from cooking more.

Then serve in two bowls. Put the dried seaweed in your broth, dip your noodles in the broth and eat.

Congrats, you a skaven now.

oh fuck im dumb, I forgot to mention that you can add a little of the fish paste and the soy sauce into the broth I described, but you don't -have- to. Also I like to use Tamari instead of regular soy sauce - it's got a slightly different taste and less sodium.

What?

its an instructional guide to making murderous ramen and becoming a skaven, like OP said.

We can go farther.

MANTHINGS GET OUT OF MY CLAAAAAAN
SSSSKRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I've recently gained a certain appreciation for the bastards

So magic, scientific Chinese?

Orks & Skaven are DA BESTEST

jesus christ what the fuck. how could anyone eat something so repulsive? if you're that desperate to eat something, just eat them separately. it takes effort to be that shit, that's the only reason it's surprising.

I'm going to run a whfrp2e campaign as skaven in the not too far future. Players are all gonna be outcast from their respective clans finding each other in an underempire city and keeping together for survival.
We're gonna start in the third career because we wont play often (multiple regular games) and the players should be able to feel as skaven like as possible (building warpweapons or mutating stuff). They'll start with the equipment of their first career tho.
Plot will mostly be determined by the players, they will want to find ways to gain relevancy and power with their new found clan or try to redeem themselves for their old one, we'll see who'll backstab who for that.

So WIP warlord I'm working on.

Siiiick.

Skaven are fuckin amazin

I'd really like some opinions and ideas on that

So why are the players collaborating? What is the motivation for it? And what is the price of failure?

Karaage Ramen is fucking fantastic. Tell me more about this scientific ramen though, sounds neat

A skaven without a clan isn't needed by anyone and therefore soon to be enslaved. That should motivate them to stick together and form a clan... or join another but that's not what I want and I'd need something to demotivate them from doing that

Scientific Ramen has only bolts, nuts and noodles
Sometimes wires instead of noodles and fancy LEDs that blink in rythm

A couple outcasts won't a clan make, user.

Holy mother of god have mercy on me soul.
There is no hell below us for we are already in the deepest circle of hell.

>Never felt better about being Italian

That's the work they got to do, gain power, including people. The skaven city I am making will have a quarter for very low skaven, where they'll also meet.
The quarter will be run by a warrior clan but the unimportant skaven only interest them as soldiers so they basically run themselves, leading to small clans or gangs of skaven fighting for the most power.
Step for step the players could take over the warrior clan.

Whatcha thinkin'?

Maybe I let them have contacts back to their clans and they could persuade some of their former fellowers to come back.
They'd just have to offer a lot for that, maybe make a warpstone raid prior to that and promise them riches for example.

I'm having a blast with the Mordheim game. Even if I only play the solo missions.

My leaders are a magnet, I'm on my fifth skaven lider. The AI has a hate boner for them. To the point of ignoring a wall of heavy skaven and shooty globadiers that deal more damage than my leader. Just to murder fuck him. In 3 super crits paff dead.

I had verminkin get knock out after 8 crit and survive like nothing, my leader get a single crit, ends dead, limbs missing.

More Skaven art plox

Boomp

Even Nurgle would be disgusted by this.

Vermintide is a bit dull but it gets the details ans Atmosphere right.