Do you have a signature item?

Do you have a signature item?

That's a beautiful story.

My Dark Heresy character still carries around the needle he used to stitch up his ganger father as a child. Partly out of grimy nostalgia, partly because it's a damn fine needle to have stayed sharp this long.

my halberd is a symbol of office

My DnD character has a cold-iron dagger his dad gave him to protect himself

He mostly avoids using it because he doesn't want to blunt it

The iron key my character wears around his neck is his phylactery. He's not a full-fledged lich; he has no magical ability. He's some failed experiment dumped out and left to rot.

And now he's trying to save the world because the BBEG shorted him on a finder's fee.

>That's a beautiful story.
>My Dark Heresy character still carries around the needle he used to stitch up his ganger father as a child. Partly out of grimy nostalgia, partly because it's a damn fine needle to have stayed sharp this long.

Beautiful.

My character has a shank made from a metal he's never been able to bend, break, or sharpen in any way.
Doesn't set of metal detectors, isn't too heavy, saved his life more times than he can count.

when he was stripped of his name and given a codename he was called 'shanks'

My drow-raised-by-humans has a tattered patchwork scarf she wears. The bulk of the scarf is all that remains of her mother's piwafi cloak, the parts of it that were for one reason or another durable enough to continuously withstand exposure to sunlight.

(the scarf has absolutely no magic left in it, of course).

Bright yellow fanny pack on an otherwise serious Mutants and Masterminds character. It acts as a bag of holding so I just stuff it with everything that can fit which includes:
>First aid kit
>Second aid kit
>Survival knife
>Killing knife
>A fragmentation grenade
>A flash grenade
>A 9mm handgun
>$320.54
>Two AAA batteries
>A flashlight
>A matchbox
>A lighter
>Cigarettes
>Someone else's car keys
>Water bottles
>A taser
>A plunger (barely used)
>A pair of aviator goggles
>Four pairs of sunglasses
>Two parking tickets
>A pet rock flash drive
>Two books I never read
>A gallon of gasoline
>Two pounds of thermite
>One ounce of liquid Mercury
>Toenail clippers
>A burner phone
>Batman smoke pellets
>Rubber mallet
>A bag of marbles
>Sixteen packets of gum
>A plastic-wrapped package of sequential $100 bills (definitely not stolen or anything)
>Printer paper
>Notepad
>Pencils (erasers worn off)
And finally
>One Issue #01 action comics in a steel-glass carrying case

A flash with a family crest on it.

I had an artificer character in an eberron campaign who engraved little medallions with dead party members. I think he was up to five of them before he ended up biting the dust.

Nothing particularly nostalgic, more bling-of-war.

Our party survived a random owlbear encounter while en route to an objective through some crazy ideas and crazier rolls. They donated the corpse to a local lord for stuffing and mounting in order to curry favor, but my monk made a point of claiming one of the talons for himself.

Come next level, he's getting a pair of curved shortswords with owlbear grips.

My warforged barbarian grabbed a prison bar that he started using as a club. A few sessions later we found some torture chamber that had a pendulum blade so I snagged that

I had a blacksmith do a slapdash forging and voila: a ten foot long axe that did retarded high damage.

My warforged named it the Friendmaker, because often when people saw an 8 foot robot pull out an axe the size of a giant's club, they wanted to stop fighting and be friends.

A vial of conspicuously yellow powder that sparkles in the sunlight. Said powder is silky smooth and dissolves easily in water, and is made from concentrated crystals of magic energy ground to fine particles. When added to a beverage, like the character's morning coffee, it acts as an instant jolt of energy and recovers his stamina at an accelerated rate.

The crystals that are ground up for the powder, which is playingly named "Solar Crack" by the other players, are made by concentrating magic energy into blocks of sugar, melting them down with a solar forge, and then spinning the resultant slag at high speed while concentrating more solar energy into it until it crystallizes.

It's a legal condiment in three countries and is under examination by the empire controlling the fourth for use as a medical supplement.

>Two pounds of thermite
>One ounce of liquid Mercury
The rest makes sense, but what could you possible these seemingly useless items for?

I haven't given any of my characters a real "signature" item like that, but every character I make has a beverage of choice.
A hobgoblin who's fighting to free his enslaved wife drinks whiskey to keep the sorrows at bay
An oread hunter drinks tea to keep himself humble and close to nature
An inquisitor who has literally been to hell and back drinks coffee and casts Keep Watch every night because the nightmares are too much for him

>Pathfinder
My wedding bandWife is dead from plague. My lever-action rifle with my old regimental warcry and "for Sarah' scratched into the furnishing.
>Shadowrun
My old battered Ares predator. First gun my char ever got (in his backstory) back when he joined the army. Seen him through a dozen wars as both a soldier and a merc, and saved his life and his brother's. Always has it on him in a concealed kidney holster

Human priest I had used to.
Grew up in the slums, shitty parents, basically had to fend for himself. Never got anything from anyone. Stole and fought for everything. Lost a fight, should have bled out but a priest saved him. The same priest gave him his robes and brought him into the faith. He grew up there. Wore the same robes for about 10 years, patching them up and taking good care.
2 years into the campaign, the mentor went dark, worshipped an evil god while pretending to be good. eventually hunted him down, and killed him. Burnt the robe on his corpse and cried.

I don't know but when the situation comes up it'll be worth it.

Thermite can probably catch fire from a laser beam shooting character and Mercury is probably a memento or some such from a liquid-kinetic?

Literally pic related

An old lumberjack axe that he uses to fight with. Hes a druid that i play up as a stereotypical canadian, and hes renowned for chopping down an entire patch of woods by himself to make a safer path between his village, the Cah'nhuks, and a neighboring town. Even when i ended up getting a new axe ( +3 admantine greataxe) i still use my old one cause of sentimental value. I still managed to find use for the admantine axe however, oft improvised as a tool for chopping up materials you usually couldnt cut/shape while on the go (like stone and soft metals)

DnD 5e game
Racist warforged monk
First enemy ever downed incombat, orc ranger/archer that gave us shit

I had his head boiled and the skull turned into my coinpurse

>4edgy8me

The character is a machine built for war, adventuring in the aftermath of a century of warfare, his career spanning 3 decades of it. It's all he knows or knew. His motivation is simply to encourage folks back to their "natural path" and their "original state" as he knows it. War

so hes a bit cruel

In D&D my dwarf fighter carries a bracelet made out of goblin teeth. It'sw a custom from his home holding to take trophies from the nasty goblins.

nice one

That seems like a nice concept to me

My thri-kreen psychic warrior has a gythka made of thousands of psicrystal fragments and cognizance crystals that contain the souls and psychic powers of innumerable thri-kreen. Once per day, he can create an astral construct in the form of one of the previous wielders of the gythka to aid him in battle.

>263 tassels
Stitched onto leather golem serial killer, one for each kill

>boot knife with bleeding enchantment
Given to her by her father. Made from the sword of a schoolmate's parent's sword after he was burned to death/cremated in the family room fireplace.

My DtD character has a mask, which is his signature item, sort of? He never goes anywhere without it, unless he's knocked unconscious and it's physically taken off him. The fact that it's also his implement helps immensely.

Every single weapon that my character has ever been attached to has been taken away by the DM. That includes the first sword he ever owned, which I only kept for sentimental value. The only thing I have remaining that is really a signature item is his hat. It's a big landsknecht hat with a feather. Magically enchanted with disguise person to hide the fact that he's undead.