ITT: Shit players say

>Hey GM, I know Delta Green is based off the Cthulhu mythos, but I've got a great idea! Delta Green but with SCPs!

That doesn't sound bad.

>Yeah well, I didn't think he'd actually kill my character for that. Can I have a do-over?

Have you actually read anything from the SCP wiki? They're not meant to be interacted with outside of a creepy story context, and even then they're pretty lame.

>hey, DM, can I crash this plane?

Epic fail

The large majority of SCPs, especially the popular ones, are absolute garbage. The ones that aren't can't really be transferred into a game.

Nice meme!

dubs?

You're a big dubs.

I don't think people stand around inside airplanes waving guns. That's dangerous.

Don't worry, it's actually just a movie set, and the gun is a nonfunctioning prop.

SCP fits the tone well enough. You have to use reason when adapting things, but it's a perfectly good source of inspiration.

It's mostly the old it's popular so it's shit now.

You need a gun in order to shoot people as you throw them out.

>Can my power be really weak to begin with and then grow over time?
>>Sure
One session later
>My character is too weak. I want a new one

Why does it HAVE to come from the wiki? You can put things like SCPs into a ton of settings, you just don't call them SCP.

That can be said about the mythos as well.

Only if you leave no survivors

Oh thank goodness.

>I want my paladin to fall and get his powers from a demon
okay I'll bite, what demon
>Well I'm a paladin so I think I would attract a really powerful one, like Demogorgon
you think one of the most powerful demons in existence cares about a level 3 paladin??
>yes
and you don't think he'll just kill you or turn you into a thrall?
>no

>not going along with it and letting the other PCs get a liiiiiiiittle suspicious about why Demogorgon is showing up in person all the time to grant powers
>and why Demogorgon keeps ducking out of the room whenever another demon threatens to appear
>not having the real Demogorgon show up midway through the campaign

I mean, powerful evil gods care about a level 3 paladin. Why wouldn't a powerful demon?

Just let him work his way up to demogorgon.
He gets his powers from some lesser demon who works for Demo.

>DM:
"Ok tell me about your character"
>"He is Azrael, an Angel of Death who was banished to earth by God"

>Hey GM can I have (horribly broken thing)
>>No
>I swear I won't overshadow everyone else

>I am newer to the game but i can make my own character, and i get the general gameplay, i just need tips here and there. I was so excited when i saw your game was text based. I have an anxety disorder really bad so i get real anxious during voice games and often dont last more than one or two sessions. I want to learn more about the system and i also like your plot. If there is still room please consider me it would be great to be able to play in a game and not be all anxious. PM me with any questions, thanks!

ugh, roll20 applications from randos...