Anima beyond fantasy

Hi Veeky Forums

I'm starting a game of this soon and I'll be playing a wizard. Only things left to me is to pick the spells. However I don't know which school to pick, they all look so interesting.

Main problem is that destruction and creation both look nice, but are opposed. I'm kinda thinking about going for destruction and buying the shield in the light school since it only costs 2, and invest the rest in the essence path so I can eventually be able to heal my party.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1ZGOIFXXt566oYMgmKBjihtuk0mSapz1XvSj6NOf12BU/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

General Anima BF thread?

What's the easiest way to get a group to look at Anima and get into it?

anime

Better question. How to find a group that is into anime? Weebs don't normally talk about it outside.

become friend with people, talk about your interests after a while, discover that you were lucky and that they were also into anime and have good taste, all of this without being neckbeard.

That sounds a bit impossible.

Hello....I'm running a game using Anima as an engine for the game. The setting is something I home-brewed up. The intent is for it to feel a bit like the world of Berserk, but still having a good amount of variety in the world which I know my players like having.

I renamed the races, and in some cases repurposed them into something new. I also tried to give each one a nifty little extra boost. If someone could look them over, I'd appreciate it and let me know if I may have over boasted some, or if anything I'm thinking of horribly breaks the game engine.

docs.google.com/document/d/1ZGOIFXXt566oYMgmKBjihtuk0mSapz1XvSj6NOf12BU/edit?usp=sharing

Anima is so perfect
>Your speed depends on Agi
>If you have lots of speed you technically can have shumpo (teleport)
Meanwhile in 3.PF my char moves at mach 2 (1900 km/h) and the only thing that helps me is die faster because AoO and my AC being lower because if you move fast you don't apply Dex to your AC

You have a movement speed of 350?

Anyone? I was hoping for any kind of system help. So umm...if anyone has any advice?

2385 to be exact, but only for 1 hour. Normally I have 105

How? What? Why? What the Fuck? WHY?

...Alright well I'm going to hang out here for another hour or so and then...guess the rules additions don't break anything?

I meant ft, my speed in ft is normally 105, spending mythic points up to 2385 ft (if I spend all of them).

Run is 4x that so 9450 ft in 6 seconds or 1744,675 km/h? odd, I thought it was 1900, damn, I'm slow...I must have forgotten somethings.

That's fine. I don't know I've considered spamming this thread with the lore and rules changes for races and then the addition to magic to see if I could get responses.

Okay, I can break it down for you.
First of all, the best shield is Perfect Shield in Creation. Low capacity, but fully regenerates every round. Combined with the Empowered Shields Metamagic if your GM is allowing Arcana Exxet, it can get stupid.

Now for a breakdown of each spell path.
>Light
positive emotions, healing, better damage spells against dark/evil things, and anti-stealth.
>Dark
Exact opposite, dark feelings, one or two State inflicting spells, stealth buffs, and bigger damage vs holy/light types.
>Creation
Shields, Heals, creating things/beasties has the best/most critter creation spells, drowning an opponent in 100 Homunculi is hilarious, and repairing or augmenting yourself and others. Also good for pissing on nature freaks with Chimera and Fuse.
>Destruction
Breaking things, weakening things, lots of damage spells, and a kill spell or two. Some good "Shut down other classes" spells like Destroy Matrices/Ki
>Air
Teleportation, flight, Electricity, and initiative augmentation galore. As well as some intangibility stuff.
>Water
Ice magic, one of the better protection spells against mooks Protection Bubble, heals, reflect spells, and some emotion manipulation blocking spells.
>Fire
Aside from the obvious and there are a ton of fire damage spells, has a divination-type spell, and a bunch of Sacrifice X for Y spells. Balls to the walls the Path.
>Earth
Protection and damage, but mostly from non-energy, a mineral detection spell, strength augmentation, a slow, and Gravity/Magnetism shenanigans.
>Essence
Nature shit. Heals galore, an all-purpose state infliction spell, the best res spell, and some shapeshifting stuff. Probably the best support path, alongside creation.
>Illusion
None of that shit happened, but your enemies don't know it. Memory manipulation, Illusory damage, and general sneaky hijinks.
>Necromancy
Vampiric spells, damage via souls, and ZOMBIES!

Here is the first of the changes Humans.
Human
The masters of the world. They are most diverse race and gain respect wherever they go. Their power is respected by everyone. Though this power is merely a lie, humanity’s greatest power comes from their versatility, quickness to learn, adaptability and the fact that they breed and raise children faster than any other race.

The Paladin kings and the regents of humanity lead them on the grand crusade to conquer their continent and bring all peoples under one flag and create a peace that would last for elven generation. The power wielded by humanity is great and they prove their status in the world even after The Day of Dark Sun by enforcing their place as the ruling majority. The laws are theirs, the religion, culture, and all but the food are 100% human. Even most of the inhumans around are in part human. No race escaped them and by coin, enticement, or collar they rule them all.

Humans are ruled by the Paladins (both the dark paladin and standard paladin classes are considered here) and all other races of Eldynstat bow to them as well,

Humans possess the mechanical advantage of wealth, and gain 1.5x their starting funds. The Paladin and Dark Paladin classes may only be taken by humans. Furthermore only Humans may own slaves, or indentured servants; and they receive a +5 skill modifier to all social checks involving ordering around a member of a lower social class.

Next up is the Sylvan who were renamed to Elves.
For the Elves, slavery is a way of life, and has been since the earliest days of their domination by humans. Most elves today are no longer full blooded elves.

Though their mandatory period of servitude to humanity ended 2,000 years ago, many elves found it useful to sell their second sons and daughters off into slavery to humans to pay for the education and further betterment of the first born. Elven divorce decrees also come with a penalty of the party guilty of infidelity be sold into indentured servitude for a period of time equal to the length of the marriage + 5 years. This has resulted in human families owning cheating wives and husbands.

Elven children born in freedom to mixed human elven heritage often find themselves the envy of other elves. For humans tend to keep elves as servants in their homes for a variety of reasons, they are fastidious and will clean without needing to be asked. They are also skilled at cooking exotic dishes, and humans have a love for elven cooking. They make fine butlers, footmen, and maids, as well as providing other, exotic entertainments, they also have skill at dance that is pleasing and are natural entertainers and musicians. Educated elves, of which in this era there are many, Also find work in human homes as tutors for their many children. Most elves sold as servants are indentured to a debt, and once they have worked off their debts are given back their freedom. Until then they wear collars around their necks to show their servitude. The average elf servant spends roughly 100 to 200 years as a servant, to a human family.
Elves receive a +5 bonus to dance or music, and a +10 modifier to notice rolls related to sight.
Elves who start indentured to a human player receive a +10 BP for secondary abilities that are chosen by their human owner as the skills that were taught to them in their course of servitude.

Now for the Jayan, who have become Cambions
Cambion are born of a demon mating with a human, often though methods that were not consensual on the human’s part. To date no human has ever succeeded in raping a demon. The church demands that this not be taken as a challenge to attempt it.

Cambion are born with large horns, greater body bulk, and a heightened need to prove themselves. After the day of Dark Sun during which many humans were raped by demons the number of cambion skyrocketed. Human males were suddenly finding doorstep babies left demanding the father take responsibility for what he created.

Most Cambion tend to be hot tempered, and all Cambion have one particular sin that resonates strongly with them. This sin alters their appearance to some degree, and in a way marks that cambion as a member of a specific clan, or family. Avarice cambions have six fingers upon their hands, and a keen mind for numbers and facts. They receive a +5 bonus to Appraisal and a +10 modifier to bargaining when selling off an item. Covetous cambions receive a +5 bonus theft and have fangs that protrude below their lower lips, and fur upon the tips of their tails, They receive a +10 modifier to any roll to defraud someone of a belonging they want. Hubris cambions are the most diverse they receive a free +5 to any one creative skill that skill becomes their mark of pride and they will develop to becoming the best at it and thus get a +10 bonus to rolls to appraise the value of items created or quality of performances by their chosen skill. Their stigma is also the most varied Dancers are digitigrade with long supple legs, Artists, and musicians possess small human sized hands which help them use their tools. Smiths develop a darker red skin and smaller horns than others. Lust based Cambions receive a +10 modifier to checks involving seduction as well as a +5 bonus to style;

Cambion part 2
Lust based Cambions receive a +10 modifier to checks involving seduction as well as a +5 bonus to style; Lust based Cambions inspire lust in others and have the thinnest tails ending in heart shaped points, with exaggerated sexual characteristics. Sloth cambions are the smallest of all with a thinner wiry appearance, They receive a +5 bonus to Withstand Pain, and a +5 venom resistance. Cambions from the house of Wrath are the strongest, meanest sons and daughters of bitches anyone could ever hope were on their side. They receive a +5 bonus to feats of strength and may nominate a target in combat who hurt them or a party member as the focus of their hate, and ignore 10 points of penalty to their combat roll to hit them. Their horns curl and are the largest, their tales have bladed tip, and their hands are clawed. Gluttony based tieflings are fat, rotund, and happy. These cheerful pricks will eat you out of house and home if allowed to, but oddly most people prefer them to other Cambions, outside of the Lust Clan, because they are the easiest to get along with. So long as they aren’t allowed to get too hungry. Gluttons require 2x the normal amount of food, and can eat up to twice their body weight in organic matter a day. Such a large meal sustains them for 1 day per 50 pounds. Their jaws can unhinge to fit in even more than they should. Every day they are unable to eat the full amount of food they need they must roll a composure test or risk falling into depravity. If they fall into depravity they will attempt to attack, and then eat the nearest living animal or person; often swallowing them whole. They do not need to kill to do this, just render the victim unconscious.

D’Anjayni are here in their new form
Shadow Elves or in derogatory Dark Elf
Shadow elves are a unique variety of the elven race that have no significant differences between them and the standard elves that they count as something unique. Though they still were subjugated by humanity Shadow Elves, they come from a region that is so rife with monsters and sunlight rarely reaches the forest floor that they learned how to pass without a trace like a shadow.

Their human masters did not use them like their cousins and instead of becoming hereditary concubines, maids, and butlers Dark Elves often seen dressed as handmaids and footmen were in truth discreet bodyguards, and were often found acting as spies for noble families and from time to time when needs be assassins. All of these actions came natural to the shadow elves.

Shadow Elves have retained their pride, and look down on their more broken kin, thinking of them as weak and pathetic. They have no tradition of continued servitude to humans, though they do not begrudge humans much. After all they had taken their rights of conquest and allowed the Shadow Elves to become citizens in their empire. Most shadow elves only have a small fraction of human blood unlike their cousins who were viewed much differently. Shadow Elves do not have a social structure that allows for continued indenture of other species and most shadow elves would rather starve than to sacrifice one child for the sake of another, or become an indentured servant or even go into debt.

These days the witch hunter offices emply many Shadow Elves as their nature lends them well to work as witch slayers, and even the most racist of witch hunters has at least one in their retinue, if they are not one themselves.

Shadow Elves receive a +5 to stealth, and a +10 modifier to tracking a target they have observed for a day or more.

Ebudan are here as Nephilim
What if you were told Humans weren’t the only ones who can’t keep it in their pantaloons? Shocked? No not really and I wouldn’t expect you to be. During the end of the Day of Darkness when the Angels descended upon the world to save the races of the world from the demons they noticed the beauty of their youth and engaged in physical relations with them. The resulting offspring called Nephilim are born of Angelic nature and human base desires.

At birth they have two tiny naked wings that over the course of their lives expand to be able to carry them aloft and grant them the power of flight.

Considered to be exceptional beautiful for both men and women they lack a lust cambions exaggerated sexual characteristics in favor of a stately and graceful beauty.
They start the game with physical wings which provide the benefits of the Seraphic Wings ability of the Ebudan but are valid targets for attack at a -1 to hit, and Celestial Essence is modified as follows. Add +1 AT to their base at at first level, 3rd and every 3 levels thereafter to the maximum of AT 10.

How about Daimah? Well they are now Beastkith

The Beastkith, or animal folk are human like beings with animal traits. When human waged their war of subjugation upon the other species sharing the land with them they were taken into bodage as well. Their culture was a tribal primitive one and lacked the defining characteristics of human culture. As such they assimilated into humanity by blade and boon very easily.

By this area cross breeding with humans, as well as other factors have turned the beastkith into a species that is almost impossible to differentiate from human, other than the presence of a tail, and animal like ears. The most common beastkith clans are the Wolf, Fox, Cat, and Rabbit clans. The majority of the others either made dark pacts prior to The Day of Dark Sun and became monsters like the Harpy or were driven to extinction like the Dragon Clan.

Even still most Beastkith are very territorial and aggressive to beast kith of other clans and tend to not get along in the slightest. Though this can range from bickering and catty social backstabbing when their human betters are around to all out violence and literal backstabbing when humans are not present. In addition to the traits listed for Daimah found in the Anima core book, Beast kith gain a bonus based on their Clan.

Clan Bonus
Wolf +1 Str, +5 Medicine
Fox +1 Int, +5 Occult
Cat +1 Dex, +5 Style
Rabbit +1 Per, +5 Persuasion

Duk’zarist as Dhampir

For the longest time humanity was set upon by the terrors of the night, among these was the vampire and their half human kindred. Vampires are creatures created by an ancient dark curse that is passed down through blood. These creatures crave human blood.

These hybrids can only occur when a female human is impregnated by a male vampire who has fed recently from a living human. Female vampire’s are not able to preserve a body state that is amiable to life long enough to carry a child to term. As such all attempts by female vampires to give birth have failed, for the last 5,000 years. Vampire tradition holds that it is impossible.

All Dhampir are shockingly sexualy attractive, though they are not exaggerated. Their features are perfectly symmetrical, and their bodys are without flaw. Their body’s lack any form of imperfection. Both male and female tend to be tall, and there is little difference in height between the sexes. Their skin tends to be pale and the hair is either always a strikingly light color or a dark color. Never a mid tone. Their eyes are always red.

All Dhampir have an innate sense of self, and body. They can feel the fact that they are walking the edge between life and undeath. They obey a natural code of nobility that separates them from others. As Vampires are the lords of the night so are they the princes. This sense of nobility causes them to act aloof of others. They are extremely proud of both their physical prowess and mental in whatever area they choose to dedicate themselves there they will flourish.

The Duk’zarist Allergic to Metal becomes Allergic to Silver, and only keys off silver, instead of Iron. In addition they gain the following ability.
Death Sense: As the spell. The Dhampir can sense whenever a death happens within 300 ft, of them and when an undead creature is within that radius. This ability is a natural sense for them and does not require the casting of a spell.