Where did this ''there are only whites in 40k!'' meme come from?

Where did this ''there are only whites in 40k!'' meme come from?

Kharn is Siberian aka Slav for example not to mention there are also Crimson Fists who are spics and of course we have Emperor himself who is some sort of sandnigger.

>Where did this ''there are only whites in 40k!'' meme come from?
From ancient times, but GW fixing it.

if kharn is siberian, he might be as well some kind of mongol-siberian-inuit folk

It seems to have mostly come from the Imperial Guard. Even Tallarn gives off more of a "Lawrence of Arabia" than pure Arab vibe, though like said, it's changing.

The Emperor's always been Turkish, the Salamanders actually used to be more African than they are now, and Kharn was specified to be Slavic about halfway after his conception.

Then you have people like Magnus, who's a red-skinned mutant raised by not!Egyptians, with his #2 Ahriman, who's Iranian.

There's always been a good amount of variety in 40k, and it's only been growing since the 80s. And even if there isn't enough diversity for you, you can always make your own culturally-themed army! 40k shines when it comes to Your Dudes.

>Kharn is Siberian aka Slav
You do realize that most of the world considers Slavs to be white, right?

Because all of the character models and artwork in 40K have only ever seemed to be whites, both in coloration and in physical features. There's never been an official "black" character (unless you count the Salamanders, who you shouldn't since "coal-black skin and glowing fire-red eyes" isn't a natural hue), the pseudo-Arabian Tallarns are more known for their Lawrence of Arabia (aka "superior British master race!") inspired special character, and the Asiatic characters amount to... what, that pseudo-Genghis Imp Guard special character and the oft-forgotten White Scars space marines?

It's 38000 years in the future the humans race has blended through and back again several times by then.
You know this whole colour shit is creepy as fuck for anyone not murrican?

Europeans and /pol/acks are a lot more finicky as to what flavor of "white" you are than Americans. It's all stupid, but hey.

Turks arrived in Anatolia like 14000 years after Big E was born

White scars are finnish

>Siberian aka Slav
I accept that slavs are not white, but come on man

40k is probably the most diverse and progressive fictional setting ever conceived. both men and women are equally capable fighters and cannon fodder. your ethnicity doesn't matter so long as you're willing to die for what's right.

Not only is the Emperor not Turkish, not only did they arrive 14,000+ years before they even appear in its fringes but even today the Turks are not actual Turks, just Islamized Greeks/Armenians/Persians etc.

I've never felt that race or gender matters in 40k at all, if you wanna paint your dudes brown, black, or white you do that and it's no problem.
Seems most painters and people who're into 40k are white so that's what they use as the norm though, which would probably explain the 'there's only whites' idea.

Yeah, the concept of a unified 'white' race versus a unified 'black' and otherwise races is largely an american thing. most of the world sees ethnic lines as more important.

>Salamanders are white people turned black from radiation
>GW's solution to diversity is blackface

While hilarious, is it really so hard to make them just be black?

>wanting niggers in space
>wanting posthuman niggers in space

Why not? 99% of all space marines are of ultramarine, dark angel and imperial fist stock, who are all white anyways.

Protip, user, people that whine about non issues don't play the fucking thing

Because "anti-radiation skin mutation" is a lot more cool than "lol niggers"

Only one retarded /pol/lack in here is saying anything about "niggers". The rest of us might have been interested in the Salamanders being more African.

Basically yeah, you can paint your models whatever colour you like.

The problem is with representing women. To have both genders, GW would have to make models for both physiques, or at least include different heads, and that's more money. Tau get around this by having their women similar in structure to men, and Dark Eldar are able to mix and match parts between genders, but that's about it.

You should look into a different setting, or even better, write one of your own. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who share your reverence for African men.

>You know this whole colour shit is creepy as fuck for anyone not murrican?

Then why is it that modern Americans lump pretty much anybody who looks vaguely European "White," while it's the Europeans who are so nitpicky and divided about who is actually "White?"

To my American ears, it seems like you've kind of gotten it backwards.

>While hilarious, is it really so hard to make them just be black?

Nocturneans themselves are still described as being dark-skinned (i.e. "black") while it's the combination of gene-seed and radiation that causes Salamanders to turn jet-black and have glowing red eyes.

So they're (kind of) both.

I thought they re-retconned that as Salamanders have a mutation that makes their skin coal black and their eyes red, but a lot of people from their homeworld are also dark skinned/ "negroid". Which is honestly fine by me.
Some of the art also portrayed a bunch of Iron Warriors as black too. Until they confirmed he was white, I always thought Perturabo was kind of riffing on Othello, driven mad by feelings of inferiority and murdering the one thing he loved the most.
Frankly, the issue isn't "are there non-white people in 40k?" but more "why don't we see more of them?"
And I do think we see a decent amount, it's just not something the designers think about that often and so sometimes there's a weirdly large number of factions that are all white.

>my American ears
Well, at least one thing you wrote sounded correct.

Because it's set in the future

Because the game is designed for and by straight white males who have a hard time getting women to like them

Who cares about other races? This is for us. They can go fuck themselves.

whites are generic race in 40k b/c fanbase needs to personally identify with the characters. I don't want to RP a dindu or a hajib; if I'm forced to do so by the system, I just don't play.

Why not irradiated africans?

Dude, I don't know if you've actually BEEN to the US, but European racism puts American racism to shame. I've heard people say things in casual conversation in the UK, Germany, Spain, and Denmark that you simply could not say in the US without getting considerable shit for it.

>Company based in England makes a game with mostly white characters purchased by mostly white people

Surprise surprise. But that's not multicultural enough I guess.

This tbqh.

I have heard UK people and Australians say much nastier things about their colored peoples than I've ever heard in burgerland.

We have our share of race problems in the US, but we can keep some things quiet for the sake of decency.

Then they'd be chaos
Well, from what I've heard aussies have colored "People" and not colored people

It's just a more unsettling type of racism. In America we have two flavors of racist: quiet conspiracy theorists, and the loud-mouth rednecks. In Europe you get like the borderline-Nazis who speak with such a nationalistic-driven certainty it's insane.

I have no idea what you're talking about, maybe it's because I'm immersed in it but I don't think I've ever seen stuff like that being commonplace among younger people at least.

Nigger do you know how hard it is to find a decent setting with brownies that isn't tumblr bullshit?

It is because you're immersed in it.

Casual racism and xenophobia is extremely common. Sure, people might not voice outright hatred like some Americans do (and it's really not even all that many Americans - most US cities are extremely diverse, with the South being surprisingly the least segregated and most diverse cities as a general rule) but casual comments about Turks, "Pakis," "darkies," Gypsies, "Chinamen," etc. and derogatory remarks about them are so widespread you'd be hard-pressed NOT to see it when you look for it (I will grant that most Gypsies are dicks, but still the racism is ridiculous).

Also, the extremely high standards Europeans hold non-Europeans who wish to live in Europe to. I'm not talking about like, "don't rape women" types of standards, but lifestyle standards, language, and religion/lack thereof. Europeans expect immigrants to become copycat clones of the culture they are moving into, and as such treat those who don't integrate with extreme disdain or scorn. They also typically consider ethnicity a huge part of their cultural identity, so - in the mind of the average European - an immigrant will never quite be a "true" Brit/German/Pole/whatever, because they're not ethnically that culture.

By contrast, Americans are SIGNIFICANTLY more ethnically and culturally diverse within themselves (Europe as a whole is much more diverse than America, but that's only at the continental level). There also really is no ethnic component to being an American like there is in most European cultures (at least in the last 100yrs), because we simply haven't been around long enough and our ancestors come from radically different places. Our cities are also much, much more integrated than European ones (and Southern ones are more integrated than most, largely because they were literally forced to do it at gunpoint) and as such you simply HAVE to deal with different races and cultures on a daily basis. It's simply harder to be racist here.

It also depends on where you are in america. In general, if you're near one of the major cities, you really can't get away with open racism, though subtler types of discrimination still happen. If you're deep in the famously-racist south that still flies confederate flags (from an ancient separatist movement that tried to secede partly so they could keep owning slaves), or the rural midwest, people get away with a lot more.

It helps that good people and strong institutions have been working to drive discrimination down for a long time, educate people, give opportunities to minorities as well as white men. There aren't lynchings like there used to be, and on paper at least everyone has more or less the same rights. It's been getting better, very slowly, but we are worried it could get worse again. There's always going to be the chance to backslide on that progress.

>not even 200 years ago
>ancient

I have a fork that is more "ancient"

>not Troggoths

Black people are scary and these are games for children.

No?
They are Mongolian.

This thread has some really dumb shit in it. I'm not going to waste my time giving a good explanation but, I will answer the question.

Because the really old canon as ,I'd read from old sources posted here and I didn't save them, actually explain how the Emperor took over Terra and who resisted. The ones who resisted like China or Asia, I can't remember the wording, were killed in genocide and thus eradicated from the human gene pool.

Next time there is a dump of old Rogue Trader, old 40k shit or The Collector shows up they might have it.

>ride on "horses"
>practice "horse archery"
>have yellow skin and slanty eyes
>worship Tengri, one of the Emperor's sanctioned forms

If that doesn't say Finnish to you then you need you need to go study the Finland more.

You must be a Murrican, too.

Europeans care about ethnicity, not so much about skin colour. Spaniards and Sicilians are cool, Moroccans (basically the same skin colour) are scum; Czechs are cool, Yugoslavs are scum, etc. - that's how prejudice works here in Europe, for the most part.

Aka Finns.

Skin colour, not ethnicity. You will get into more trouble for your surname and/or accent than the particular shade your skin is.
Other than that, yes. Discrimination is widespread, countries like the concept of homogenus populations and I won't even go into what idiots think belongs into a given culture or not.

England's a pretty Multicultural country these days.

I'm genuinely curious, how is the situation outside urban areas?

>Slavs
>not white

Fuck off to /pol/

>The Emperor's always been Turkish

Wrong. He comes from Anatolia, born in a time when Turkey didn't even exist. Turks invaded that area fairly late. The Emperor could just look like Alexander the Great, or an eastern roman emperor.

Painting a white guy with "black" skin just makes him look shitty, but not like a proper black man.

It's the hair that does it. Else he could be from eastern Africa.

Bit frustrated generally at the prevalence of emo/bowl cut hairstyles in GW's models besides that.
Can they do nothing but bald, mohawk, emo, and pseudo-Viking?

If they started doing sprues that contained more types of heads, like individual "upgrade sprues", I'd be interested. A number of 3rd-party types do heads, but GW has the scale to get the talent and materials necessary to make a large variety of heads in ways the small producers mightn't be able to.

Failing that, FW could make them and get away with murderous prices.

Okay, how about this? Is it correct example?

Are there people with anime hair and similar features? I bet that the Dark Age of Technology produced some gene weirdos who only exist because of fashion.

Whiter than spunk in a snowstorm. Most of the migrant initiatives in the 60s pitched the industrial cities as the places to be, and even though the industry has dried up that's where they've stayed. Hopefully, with Brexit there'll be an agricultural boom and lead to a more even spread around the counary.

Void born (humans born on ships & space stations) can have blue hair.

Well, not from England, but im crossing my fingers for something like that. Rural communities are mostly homogenous and that is not good for the mentality, if it's anything like from where I am.
Brexit looks to be hitting pretty bad on anyone not originaly from England, from an outsider's point of view, tho. Is it really that bad?

Or even better, they'll fuck off to Germany for that sweet welfare money.

I suppose you could use putty for lady bits one your models

I'm just hoping that the government stops fellating london for once in a fucking century

I've never seen anything myself, but there has been able increase in reported offences. Whether that's because people feel more threatened by it, I can't say. Most of the impact so far has been economic; I know several people who have been laid off by their international employers in he last few months. Each company has asserted that it's got nothing to do with Brexit, but it seems too widespread for that to be true.

Considering brexit hasn't actually happened yet and those companies don't even know what the final settlement will be I'd say it's just a convenient excuse.

I don't think phenotypes play a big role in the Emperor's concept of humanity as sacred. Wasn't he guiding the whole human race in secret for centuries?

>UK government
>Caring about anything other than than the city their rich mates live in

Pick one

t. londoner

Thanks user, hope at least you and the gaming industry won't feel any bullshit that may or may not happen.
Best of luck.

That's what he said.

I'm a Slav and I'm not white I'm a proud Asian.

Praise Tengri.

Mate I am german and think it's creepy as fuck.

Those too came long after his birth.

Lol nazi.

>Tengri
>Altai god
>ID'S ALL FINNS MEYMEY ISB GOOB XDDDDD

Whats black and doesn't work? ;)

I thought Sigmarines were like Rubrics.

You learn something every day.

>Where did this ''there are only whites in 40k!'' meme come from?

No such thing. It's just easier to paint white people. There's multiple specific paints for white skin. Have you ever tried painting black skin? Do you even paint, bro?

It may have come from the primarily white audience.

siberians arnt slave you dope, plus slavs are white

>speaks with russian fucking accent
>Siberia belongs to Russia
>HURR KHARN ISN'T A SLAV DUDE XD

ffs, are you pretending to be retarded or did your mother really drink bleach when she had you. Siberia was populated mainly by eskimo tribes, russian and slave are not the same fucking thing, russia is fucking huge, you have everyone from slavs to mongolians there

>slave

it's called Slav downie

and Kharn is one

ye that kool

Even /pol/ generally accepts that slavs are white.

/pol/ is full of kikes the concept of ''white'' is fucking retarded to begin with as it lumps basically entire Europe together and I don't feel like being a member of the same race as those british mutants or kraut scat lovers