I have fairies in my setting BUT THEY ARE NOT THE USUAL FAIRIES, THEY-

>I have fairies in my setting BUT THEY ARE NOT THE USUAL FAIRIES, THEY-

- can only live if someone angrily posts about how we have this thread every day

>filename

So which is it? What is the distinction anyway?

They tend to work in accounting and are quite boring at parties.

-ARE GROWN MEN who just.. do weird cosplay.
It's honestly kind of fucked up and are often run out of town.

so like furries

-swarm like locusts if seasonal conditions are right, causing problems in farms neighboring the forests (entire herds sicken and die, crops are ruined, etc).

Fairies are little twinkly shits. Ranging in intellect from basically just fireflies up to tinkerbell. Useful as free lighting or occasionally conversation.
Fey are weird elf-like shits. They'll pull annoying 'jokes' on you but aren't bad sorts and fix what they break. Nice at arm's length. Great parties, just don't stay for too long.
Fae are vicious little shits. These ones will eat your baby, drink your tears, get high off of it and laugh at you before freezing you and leaving rose thorns to grow into your flesh.

It's probably a joke to one of them that Fae and Fey sound exactly the same.

Faeries are fairies who can't spell.

How many times you gonna make this thread champ?

Thank the goddess, someone cares about the fairies!

Australians riding magical flying crocodiles and surfing on landsharks.

user, those are pixies.

They are human sized, have no unnatural features 7like wings and such) and live in an aristocratic society in which beauty, elegance and skill with art are the main determinants to status.
Also, they are genetically similar to lycanthropes.

ARE 20 FEET TALL, WITH LASER EYES!

-are straight and support the tradinional nuclear family.

no they're the usual changeling kinda faerie shitheads, and right now they're all being slaughtered wholesale offscreen and by the fucking bulk in the greatest war the dream world will ever see

They fucked up one time too many

Thanks to 80s robot anime, I now really like fairies. I kinda want to include fairies in a society that commonly employs them as assistants, becoming essentially little secretaries or note takers.

are nymphomaniacs

Honestly, mine are almost the usual fairies except more irrational, eccentricity, and more tied to nature. They are Tinkerbell-esque in scale and shape but dryadic in aesthetic, with their bodies and "leaves" dying with the cold and it's very common for the fairies to die during winter. Because of this, faeries age very quickly and are also culturally worried about shelter so they can possibly survive the cold. The heroes of their society and ones known to have lived for many winters. Because of this there is an inclination to being stowaways and tricking people to sneak in with them to keep warm and safe. They are very silly people, wishing to play lots of jokes, but they also fuck like bunnies and act with little self control or reason.

Neat, thanks.

Little fairy mechanics sound cute.

Just a cute little group of them fluttering in and out of an engine bay or tweaking a steam locomotive.

They adult attack

>Thanks to 80s robot anime, I now really like fairies

I'm not sure what the connection is here.

Tomino included fairies in two robot shows; Aura Battler Dunbine and Heavy Metal L-Gaim.

are mostly nice enough folks. I mean, some of them are fucked up, like with humans, but most are friendly or neutral and just rather strange.

>You will never take apart a motorcycle engine with your fairy friend, watching her flit around with a sparkplug, oil staining her nose.

>50279109
hunt for bodily juices

... are actually android PDAs from a crashed space colony.

Fair enough, my experience with 80s robot anime is fairly limited.

STEAL HUMAN CHILDREN AND EAT THEM!

Perform really, really catchy songs that were popular like forty years ago and still see some play at sporting events.

...are eldritch horrors that wrote themselves into existence. As long as we remember them and tell stories about them, they will exist. They are exactly as powerful as the stories say, or at least they pretend to be. Their goal is to revise all history so that the whole world believes them to be our creators, so they might rule us as god-kings.

Pic related, my inspiration.

Are lifeforms that undergo metamorphosis according to the elemental energy they have accumulated, which they then infuse into the planet to make it habitable for human life.

are sexual deviants

-ARE A PLAYER CHARACTER RACE

Seriously, elves, dwarves, and other practically-humans feel so stale. Why not some nice tiny, winged humans?

Jerk boys off in their sleep, and fingerbang teen girls.

Used to at one point be demons (imps specifically), but grew accustomed to the simple comforts and casual, leisurely, atmosphere of the material world and went native- like all fey before them.

Despite their love of tea parties, friendship, cookies, acorn hats, and doing good deeds- They remain unapologetic, 5-8 inch tall, reverse-rapist, power-bottom, pedophiles and are not to be trusted anywhere near children.

those are traditional fairies

>Leanan sĂ­dhe

Celtic muses, they are fairies that sleep with human men and give them inspiration and drain their life.

>reverse-rapist

What? They get extreme levels of consent or something?

-nah, they're pretty typical fairies.

-have an unexplained need for hair accessories.

Is this made by that same guy that makes all the Trump+40k drawings?

>sparkplugs
Unless they have some monster wings fairies won't help you for shit
Cheeky shits are torqued to fuck and back

Plus there are already too many magical creatures around my shit
Like electrical gremlins and those sneaky fuckers who steal ALL THE GOTTAMN 10 MILLIMETER SOCKETS

Dem hips. Dose butts. I want the short haired laughing one as my qt gf.

Somewhere in faeryland is a horde of 10mm sockets, because they have all mine too.

>>I have fairies in my setting BUT THEY ARE NOT THE USUAL FAIRIES, THEY-
Have potent size-changing magic and use it to shrink and eat unsuspecting adventurers.

For sexual.

Aren't pixies described as looking like tiny elves with insect wings? What's the relationship there beyond them both just being fey creatures.

So, wait, if I take off the ribbon, will she die?

It would be extremely painful.

It's shorthand for female on male rape.

It would be extremely painful

For me?

For both, I'd suppose.

I wouldn't endorse this but he did get trips. Meme magic at it's finest?

>Celtic muses, they are fairies that sleep with human men and give them inspiration and drain their life
Seems like a fair trade, famalam.

How is that different from real women?

Presumably fairy inspiration doesn't involve shrieking at you and manipul..."inspiring" you to work longer hours to be able to afford shit you can't afford and don't want, but somehow you need

I don't need SBRd 9mm carbines or motorbikes but life is more fun with them!

>The Leanhaun Shee (fairy mistress) seeks the love of mortals. If they refuse, she must be their slave; if they consent, they are hers, and can only escape by finding another to take their place.

>if they refuse, she must be their slave; if they consent, they are hers

Look like they are just like real women. But with long ears, and wings.

Partially I think it's mostly due to artists in the 19th century depicting pixies with elf like features, as most tended to. Partially I think it's because a lot of descriptions of fey tend to revolve round being very pretty and delicate and people would use the term Elfen to describe people that looked like that, which I'm pretty sure is mostly due to the spread of germanic culture thanks to the vikings.

>pic
I'll take a dozen.

- are fucking hideous, like mummified monkey carcasses