Accidental Magical Girl CYOA: Too Hot for Fall Edition

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use. A majority of activity (including campaigns) instead happens in the IRC, which is open for newbies to join. Some players have split off and created a Discord server which can be used for the same purpose.

This thread houses three systems: First, QuasarBlack's CYOA PDFs which may be used as writing prompts. Second, AMGC which expands on the CYOA character creation and provides rules for combat. Finally, the SCS is an alternative to AMGC with a similar purpose. IRC uses mostly AMGC and Discord uses mostly SCS.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images: mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w
1.51 Changelog: pastebin.com/ub28mT8t

IRC Channels on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle #MGPnP #Overcity
IC Shenanigans: #TheWand&Circlet #MGCafe
IC School: #MGSchool
rizon.net/chat

Discord:
Link will follow in-thread, do not have it, apologies for inconvenience

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3
pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9
pastebin.com/9qFcbzN0
pastebin.com/teUgkHyS
pastebin.com/nNqnESfz
pastebin.com/V2X9itz0
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH
pastebin.com/jCStZAqq
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz
docs.google.com/document/d/1TmWonJIbPfqCWwOUKN7H2RrjBSkevnyq_eoGiGIWfy8/edit
discord.gg/Xx9Fq
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

All Add-Ons for both the SCS and AMGC are also linked here and below for further convenience.

AMGC Corruption Module, for mechanics of a monstrous nature.

AMGC Fusion, for magical girls that are truly inseparable. At least, as long as the fusion lasts.
Hint: it's not long.

The AMGC Puchuu Expansion, for the myriad creatures that seek to instruct or command most magical girls.

The SCS was made as an addon to the CYOA to cover the combat side of roleplaying. It allows players to easily take characters made in the CYOA v1.5 and use them in Quests and long-running campaigns alike.

This PDF covers the basics of magical girls and sets the groundwork for updates and addons.

>Errata for 1.6
Core p.15: Add the following Outfit Enhancement. "Spellweaver - Increase your Spell Rating by 5 while equipped."
Core p.19: Spell Rating is calculated by adding your MAG and your highest stat together.
O&C, F&F p.8: If someone has both Marked and Minions, their Minions are immune to their own summoner's Marked ability.

>Addons to the SCS, including the Patron expansion and GM's Guide
pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
>Changelog: pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9

Also put up the CYOA.
>Addons for the CYOA, currently only the Patron Module
pastebin.com/9qFcbzN0

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/teUgkHyS
>Changelog: pastebin.com/nNqnESfz
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/V2X9itz0

The SCS Order & Chaos, Friend & Foe expansion, for adapting patrons to SCS play, a basic bestiary, and creating dark magical or monster girl characters.

The SCS Worlds & Wishes supplement, for directly adapting AMGC characters into the SCS, getting advice on GMing, plenty of optional rules, and more. A FAQ is also included for some common questions.

This PDF is for AMGC 1.14! The version originally posted was out of date.

AMGC features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one semi-convenient spot!
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH

>Character sharing thing made by emperor_
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/

>Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

>Magic overhaul by Drakon in progress. Teaser located here: pastebin.com/jCStZAqq

>Torque's Google Docs Character Sheet
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo

>AMGC Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
>Changelog: pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz

Last thread somebody posted a MB "overhaul" proposal.

...which didn't really solve anything related to MB at all. If you're here, user, the notion is appreciated, but we don't use MB for a lot of reasons. Still, keep us posted. Always happy to watch somebody work.

I too want Magical Burst to be good so bad. Hope that guy keeps at it.

I know it's different from the design paradigm than people here are mostly into, and it's not really meant to match the sensibilities of people who like really crunchy or simulationist systems. I've just gone and responded to the comments on the document to similar effect. For those curious, here's the link again:

docs.google.com/document/d/1TmWonJIbPfqCWwOUKN7H2RrjBSkevnyq_eoGiGIWfy8/edit

Anyway, despite potential differences in underlying design philosophy, I hope it's interesting to people, and I welcome any and all specific feedback to make the game more broadly appealing. The current version has a very low version number for a reason, so its current lack of fixing things may be an artifact of that. I haven't really addressed character creation or combat at all yet, just started the overcharge system, basic attribute definitions, and a few little things here and there. I'll do more core stuff probably tomorrow or Saturday, including the basic combat rules.

If nothing else, I'll be using the documents from this thread and going "how would you make this work in my system", with the eventual goal that the answer won't be "you can't" for anything. That said, the 1.0 goal is for the game to be fully playable from the single document, rather than necessarily including everything, and while that should be balanced reasonably well, it's multiple months away and prior to that point, broader ranges of options will generally only be incorporated if they make sense within the base mechanics. Or if I get a wild hair up my ass. Like, it would be pretty simple to make overcharge optional by providing alternate rules for determine a point pool to spend instead and a way for the points to refresh, maybe crib some mechanics from Dungeons: the Dragoning.

In a roll-for-generation system, there can't be ANY options that are inherently better than others. One of the main flaws of AMGC (and to a lesser degree, the CYOA) is that if you hit one of a few specific perks, you immediately either go "this is exactly the thing I wanted for my specific character concept" or say "time to coin off this completely worthless perk because I'm not building for that specific character concept", with there being little in-between.

People are going to have expectations for themselves going in, but the random factor helps fill in any blanks they might've had.

Trust me, early in the SCS' lifetime I looked into Magical Burst about half a dozen times, and never found anything satisfying to pull from it. The userbase here tends to have a fairly love/hate relationship with it, too.

It's just a huge mess of a system, both narratively and mechanically. People try to bring up why we don't use it and it almost always gets shot down. I hope that your overhaul will be more successful, and if you need help I'll be more than willing to assist where I can, but in all honesty I really just don't have high expectations for this.

One version behind, but the links are right, so you can easily get the current version from the pastebins.
Errata shouldn't be there because it's in 1.7.
Maybe put the CYOA links, as barren as they are right now, with the CYOA instead?

discord.gg/Xx9Fq

Rolled 5, 16, 11, 16, 20, 5, 14, 9, 12, 6, 9, 10 = 133 (12d20)

Rolled 15, 2, 1, 1, 14, 5, 10, 16, 19, 10, 5 = 98 (11d20)

How edgy do you like to make your girls?

>there can't be ANY options that are inherently better than others
Well yeah, purely numeric values aren't randomized. The stuff that's rolled is subjective, and I'm allowing free rerolls in character generation anyway. It's more for ideas and inspiration than anything else.

>People try to bring up why we don't use it and it almost always gets shot down.
A list of reasons could be helpful to me, particularly if they're clear and precise.

Yeah, I'll shill more broadly at some point in the future, but I'd like to have more to show at that point. This is just sharing the concept since it was suggested by someone. I don't know much about what those communities are like but Veeky Forums is the one I've traditionally found to be good with making stuff, even though I haven't seen it happen the same way in the last half a decade or so.

Rolled 10, 3, 1, 11, 11, 18, 15, 19, 6, 11, 5 = 110 (11d20)

Rolled 20, 6, 17, 17, 14, 10, 20, 17, 6, 3, 10 = 140 (11d20)

COME ON!

Anybody have the source for this?

Source for what?

The PDF.

I think whoever made it left. I haven't seen it uploaded anywhere else.

The corruption source files and the rest of the Core supplements are as good as gone. The fucktarded creators never shared them before quitting.

Rolled 2, 20, 10, 12, 1, 11, 5, 8, 3, 4, 10 = 86 (11d20)

>tfw oddball: emoji encounters a beast girl
🥇 🦌 🦏 🦇 🦅 🦆 🦉 🦎 🦈 🦐 🦑 🦋 🥇

whoa whoa whoa

s'a lil' extreme there don'tcha think

Ah, interesting. I'll need to look at this later. Perhaps I may present an expansion a good friend of mine concocted.

the edge is all in her sword