Previous thread >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
>Mage 2e Errata
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
>new mega
mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw
>Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/when-in-doubt-time-to-play-monday-meeting-notes/

Today's topic: When have you used a non-standard WoD?
That's the topic I always use when I don't have a topic in mind. But I want to hear about your Dark Eras games or the times you played cyberpunk or fantasy.

I really hope Dark Eras 2 does some "eras" like that. I especially want future Mummy/Vampire.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CtY5bv-oxLE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Well, since the Wyld is the only one of the three not trying to destroy the world... I think the message is both self-evident and not terribly controversial.
user, have you ever heard of a thing called "cancer"?

>I can't handle the themes of Apocalypse, all that social interaction and tribal history hurts me
>Only the boring one-trick faggotry of spirit border patrol "Werewolves" can satisfy me
>Shapeshifting for less time than a beer commercial is actually awesome
>So is hunting, my character hunts when he's not on a hunt for hunts
>Stories with depth are boring
>we monster now

You're not even trying.

>And that disclaimer if something one always have to make in NWoD. If i wanna run i wanna run a Requiem game in which the only 2 covenants are Lancea Sactum and Carthians then i gotta put a disclaimer when i pitch the game in case someone was expecting all the covenants.

and if I only want only cam. I have to go no setites. no gios. no lasambra. no assimite. No Tzimic. No salubri. No caps. No sabbot That argument doesn't hold water.

>Here is what we differ, Players might not interact with the origins of the conflict but the backstory informs the conflict itself giving a sense of history and inertia.

No we don't, don't pretend we do. The only thing we disagru about is the narative distance. Putting the exciting moment closer to the players is all for the better.

>Is not inflexible, is a base structure to work from. I can add or substract but as a base i have solid structure as guide while in NWoD i have just a bunch of disparate elements i have to work from the ground up to make something, with sometimes little guidance how to do so.

you're using owod as a tool box, which is exactly what nwod is based around.

>I preffer, small scales fire that are informed and originated from Large scales conflict. OWoD offers me that easily, NWoD takes way more work.

You're going to have to build the small fires anyways. but this is one point, where I can see where you're going. Going Top Down plot.

>And i disagree with this. going with NWoD To OWod.
With how open nwod is designed there's no reason you can't slide the fluff of owod into nwod, and scale up the power and risks. and expand the world threat level. the only thing you lose is scope, and power

Oi.

I've made an /wodg/ specifically for this shit.

>I can't handle Masquerade
>I play Vampire: the Sad Song
>being unable to predict dice rolls with a less than 97.7775% certainty fills me with dread and anxiety
>I need shit like Predator's Taint
>I need a backstory where no-one has a fucking clue about where vampires came from because everyone gets fucking amnesia from periodic dirt naps
>I need Lancea Sanctum because my setting needs more Sparkly Jesus
>I pretend the Crone ladies aren't exactly what I claim SJW's to be
>I deride Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand because a super-secret cult inside a super-secret society controlled by an alien virus is only bad outside of VII
>I am secretly butthurt WW is trying to kill Chrod but I am too invested to say it out loud

FUck you.
The people!
United!
Will never be divided!

>>being unable to predict dice rolls with a less than 97.7775% certainty fills me with dread and anxiety
What does this even mean.

>VtM

It's like I always say, the mighty cock of oWoD can pleasure the tight canals of Chrod, but Chrod's tiny penis and pencil-like girth cannot hope to pleasurably fill the anus of oWoD. #gayanalogy

huh huh huh... "anal-ogy"

>Error: You cannot delete a post this old.
Goddamnit. We're just going to have to live with this edition war thread.

It means Chrod-Gaijin love their precious statistic breakdowns and never buy character options for anything so passe as "fun" or "character depth". Not when it can earn a demonstrable increase of 5% on rolls of two or more die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL no-one cared

>tfw everyone enjoys Edition War

Yeah no, that's not going to happen. Nice try user

>let's leave out half the content and call it a "toolbox"

You're thinking of oWoD there, where people would calculatingly exploit the flaws system for every ounce more juice they could squeeze from it.

But plenty of people play CofD and buy things that are fun.
Likewise, plenty of people minmax the fuck out of oWoD. Celerity was a must, and if you could swing it, not taking Thaumaturgy when you have the option means you might as well just cut off your arm.

Not to mention Generation.

Except that's not remotely what was done. Jesus, you people aren't even trying.

Daily reminder that there is only "ONE World of Darkness" in all White Wolf publications and cross-media representation

And yet, nobody in oWoD ever went full Aspie and plotted out probability charts like a Undergraduate Math major.

>Except that's not remotely what was done.

Sure it was. "Here's half a setting, come up with all the local stuff, mythical backdrop and objective history yourself, we're just going to cash the cheques."

"But aren't you going to put that stuff in the books like you used to with the Classic World of Darkness?"

"No. It's a 'toolbox'."

"Oh... I see. Shouldn't the book have an index?"

"Nope. Building one is an important part of the toolbox experience. Buy more books."

I can tell you are not a veteran of the oWoD debates, flame wars and general net spasms. Yes, yes they did plot out probability charts. They argued about endless stupid shit. They had moronic arguments that make the shitposting in this thread seem like it's rosewater and fruit. They picked every detail, every stat, every possibility clean of the slightest bit of meat they could. oWoD was fucking notorious for the flame wars, obsessions and general bullshit that surrounded its online communities.

uh yes people did. game been around for twenty+ years now. People have done the math

>Shouldn't the book have an index
I'll admit I lol'd, but I don't remember oWoD books having those either. And somehow having worse editing, though that's hard to believe.

>"won't we put out more books?
>"No"
>"Buy more books"
That doesn't even make sense. Your own shitposting doesn't have internal consistency.

You act like nWoD has no setting. That takes profound and intentional ignorance.

>Let's just take real history and make half the historical figures actually really supernaturals.
>Don't worry about writing compelling setting that is great to play in, just write any old shit that focuses on how great all these elders are.
>Boom, RICH DETAILED HISTORY YEAH.
>No, your PCs cant do anything interesting. But we are goning to write some adventures where they can watch the elders do cool stuff!

hey, Retardo-tron, did you notice you'd linked that thread to a MEGA completely absent of oWoD files? Or were you deliberately trying to make your little effort at segregation fail?

When are they going to release news on Hunter 2e? It's been months since we've last heard of it. No, the Beast hunting groups don't count.

>That takes profound and intentional ignorance.

Thank you

Actually, I assumed that was the mega that had the most up to date everything.

It's only barely started being written, if at all.

Probably when Rose Bailey comes up for air from the cross-hatching of cocaine lines across Phil Brucato's buttocks.

But neither of those do Hunter things.
Phil doesn't even have anything to do with CofD. I don't even think he does anything for oWoD other than Mage.

>Phil does anything for mage

I hoped they'd post open devs like they did a few months ago. It's also weird that there's going to be such a long wait between Changeling and Hunter after Mage and Promethean got released almost back to back.
Bailey is the main writer for HtV IRC.

Rose is head of the Cunter: The Vaginal 2nd Edition project.

... no, Monica Valentinelli is.

>oWoD kiddies doesn't want to admit Phil is one of theirs
If we're going to be playing this stupid game.

>>oWoD kiddies doesn't want to admit Phil is one of theirs
>If we're going to be playing this stupid game.
What game? The games come from the same fucking company, you goddamn mouthbreather. At least oWoD-chinks can fess up about poor quality shit, Chrod-gooks are so invested that they can't bring themselves to criticize Mother Company, and if anyone else dares then they are either "ignorant", the critic "don't understand the source material", the bullshit is minimsed with "other games have done that before" or they simply retort with "go play something else".... ANYTHING but acknowledge the hunking great warts all over their editions.

Geist, anyone? Beast perhaps?

youtube.com/watch?v=CtY5bv-oxLE

>At least oWoD-chinks can fess up about poor quality shit,

You wouldn't know that from these Veeky Forums threads, where they're just desperate to bash ChroD and talk about how superior oWoD is.

Wow. The OP forums are actually better for discussing the games than /wodg/ these days. Vomit-tastic!

>You wouldn't know that from these Veeky Forums threads, where they're just desperate to bash ChroD and talk about how superior oWoD is.

Superior? HA! Do you not remember the Brucato Wars? Hordes of outraged fans demanding blood, in this very general, for the fact they paid top dollar for a book (Mage 20) whose editor may well have been legally blind?

>At least oWoD-chinks can fess up about poor quality shit
Have you even been in these threads?

Plenty of CofD fans criticize the "Mother Company".

But that doesn't change the fact that there are a ton of people in these threads who clearly don't understand the game, and probably haven't even read the books. if they did, they skimmed it years ago and that was that.

>the bullshit is minimsed with "other games have done that before"
As opposed to acting like only oWoD exists? It's not bullshit that we're minimizing. I just don't see what the fuss is with half the things people bitch about that aren't at all new or unique. Or, if we want to play the edition war game: oWoD kiddies are just too scared to deal with the new rules.
>they simply retort with "go play something else"....
Well, fucking jee, I guess you should keep playing a game that you hate and don't understand then?

>I deride Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand because a super-secret cult inside a super-secret society controlled by an alien virus is only bad outside of VII

Dirty secret of the black hand is way better than VII, it knew not go full retard. VII went full retard.

>Well, fucking jee, I guess you should keep playing a game that you hate and don't understand then?

When is RL getting updated? I can't seem to console out of poorfag status

>VII is way better than Dirty secret of the black hand, it knew not go full retard. Dirty secret of the black hand went full retard

yeah I know it can be confusing which one has the space virus and the ghost city in the underdepths, plotting to knuckle down both major sects. But I fixed that for you user. No worries

>Paying for games

>paying for beer

You can't download a beer.

>Implying White Wolf Cultists cling to one specific product

If the WoDs
Are united!
Then we'll never
Be divided!

The WoDs!
United!
Will Never be Defeated!

Whatever you say, Walter Chrod-kike.

Sviety!
Mei!
Ke Bush wōpéng padzielieny!

I'll give you a 7/10. That was terrible, but I still laughed. Good job making a double pun.

If by "full retard" you mean "ball-shreddingly awesome". No other book allows for super-powered high generation vampire death cultists to stop time and curbstomp entire Sects beneath their cold undead heels. Now that's the Joy of Sects.

VII was a fucking license plate. Besides, "Strigoi Vii" is what Sebastian van Houten and his cronies are calling themselves in paris. The book is a blatant fan service.

>Sure it was. "Here's half a setting, come up with all the local stuff, mythical backdrop and objective history yourself, we're just going to cash the cheques."
thats something you have to do with owod unless you live specifically in a city that had a book about it, which most people didn't
>"But aren't you going to put that stuff in the books like you used to with the Classic World of Darkness?"
plus the overall history is in the core book, with specialized history (bloodline/order/auspice) in the books about those
>"No. It's a 'toolbox'."
>"Oh... I see. Shouldn't the book have an index?"
they do?
>"Nope. Building one is an important part of the toolbox experience. Buy more books."
they actually don't have many books to buy
owod required you to get books to understand why aspects of the core had changed

>, Chrod-gooks are so invested that they can't bring themselves to criticize Mother Company, and if anyone else dares then they are either "ignorant", the critic "don't understand the source material", the bullshit is minimsed with "other games have done that before" or they simply retort with "go play something else".... ANYTHING but acknowledge the hunking great warts all over their editions.
>Geist, anyone? Beast perhaps?
nwod fans have been critical of beast from the start

and we showed our disliking of geist by not purchasing it

there's just a couple fags here who like geist so they talk about it all the time, but since they're aspel and atamajakki you know their opinion is shit to begin with

>superhero gonzo for superhero gonzo

Geist had some interesting ideas, but didn't quite hit the mark. In some way. Still not completely sure why it was a no starter. As a Wrath/ Orpheus replacement it wasn't too bad.

From what I hear it was a rush job, and I can see that in the power arrays

>Still not completely sure why it was a no starter.
because it didn't have interesting ideas

now you're just being contradictory without substance, please be more productive next time.

Manifestations and Keys Matrix are at least different from most of the other power sets.

Dealing with linger ghosts, and have an actually non humanity integrity trait. are steps we haven't seen before. If nothing its something of a stepping stone splat. and you can see where they were experimenting with the formula

>Manifestations and Keys Matrix are at least different from most of the other power sets.
Yes, but the powers they grant aren't interesting, many of them are just "the same as before but bigger"

the rest of it is just werewolf withotu the shapeshifting and with ghosts instead of spirits

also for some reason they decided to tackle it from a stupid angle (lets make it our happy game)

>Dealing with linger ghosts
its in the fuckin core book
>and have an actually non humanity integrity trait. are steps we haven't seen before.
werewolf has it in possessed
>If nothing its something of a stepping stone splat. and you can see where they were experimenting with the formula
changing up powers was a nice move but something they started in promethean

Nigger, chink, coon, fag, “That's so gay”, “Don't be a girl”, downy, pussy, retard, poof, cunt, “fudge packer”, “man up”, bitch, slut, prude, aspie, spastic, tranny, rag-head, “gingers have no soul”, etc.

>promethean
yeah but promethean had the problem of being a more solo and solitary focused. which makes it harder to play in a group. Giest had a Krew so you could facilitate a more group experience. Plus you could play Giest as GhostBusters and that has its charm

>yeah but promethean had the problem of being a more solo and solitary focused. which makes it harder to play in a group. Giest
it was still a better game

but you said geist was where they first did shit with powers

they did it before that with promethean

>Plus you could play Giest as GhostBusters and that has its charm
you can play mortal as ghostbusters and that has its charm

>play mortal as ghostbusters
not without some magical Widget

I don't think I've ever said Geist isn't a massively flawed game, and it's the one I'm in the least hurry to play again any time soon, but by all means keep chasing down a version of me you've built up for yourself.

Stat me.

So reading through WtF2 it seems now there is an alternate name in first tongue for spirit ranks.

Hursih for gaffing.
Ensih for Jaggling.
etc

So where the term Jaggling and their like comes from? It doesnt come from mage because they use a weird system of chess pieces.

Apparently neither does it comes from Werewolf/Spirit because their first tongue is different. So who uses/invented the term Jaggling and their like in NWoD?

What's your favorite fanart?

I got this delivery from the drawthread recently. An oWoD Viet Cong Nosferatu.

Mostly because Sin-Eaters were hideously overpowered compared to the creature type they most often interact with (ghosts). Even the guy handling the 2e update calls this out as one of the biggest problems.

>When have you used a non-standard WoD?
Psuedo-cyberpunk WoD set in the Soviet Union
It was crazy

I unironically love the Underworld movies. They're incredibly fun to watch with friends.

>love humans
>not Hunters
>humans will NEVER get any love

Awakening 2e says these are human occultist terms.

Tier 1 and 2 hunters are literally just humans who can risk willpower. And worry not. The Dark Eras companion is supposed to have an update for Second Sight.

Does anyone else think social maneuvering and ephemera have complex rules for something relatively simple?

I think social maneuvering works pretty simply. the Ephemeral flowchart is kinda complex for what it does but it works.

Social Manuvering is fine when you're using it for big social asks that might take some time to achive. I just use a single roll or Social Chases for shorter term stuff.

Promethean 1e didn't change up the powers, though. It just said "you dont' have to buy every dot level!" but that was kind of stupid.

I just read the secret of the covenants dev blogs. When did requiem became a pants on the head retardedly awesome game like masquerade?

Ordo dracul wolf blooded sorcerers? Crusaders deflecting magic with shield like d&d? Fucking sold!

>I just read the secret of the covenants dev blogs. When did requiem became a pants on the head retardedly awesome game like masquerade?
>Ordo dracul wolf blooded sorcerers? Crusaders deflecting magic with shield like d&d? Fucking sold!

Eh. Wolf Blooded vampires was explicitly given in WtF 2e.

I meant stacking of semisplats, wolf blooded/sorcerer/proximi/vampire kind of awesome shit.

And i think wolf blooded turned vampire losses the tales.

I like using it for something like a 'conversational boss battle' gives the social focused character a time to shine. For basic conversations I use the force door rules.

It is even sillier than what I remembered. It also reminds me of why I don't like how Invictus oaths and some Carthian laws work.
They explicitly get to keep their first tell, but it is unclear if they keep the others.

Hello I'm new to the settings, Archmages remake the world but to what extent since i know the other side will push back if they do right? so do they ever use there powers?

In game there is contention if Imperial magic (the magic of archmages) changes reality or if it transports the archmage to an alternate reality which is identical to the effects of the spell.

Ultimately it doesn't matter how imperial magic achieves it's affect. The important thing is that it's god-like in scope and power. The 'push-back' or the pax arcana is a gentlemen's agreement between archamages to not fuck with reality too much and upset the plans of their peers. So naturally an archmage spends most of their time trying to figure out a way to skirt around the agreement without pissing off other archmages or the exarchs and getting erased from existence.

like say they alter the timeline, do they literally erase the souls and all that? or has that retgone level shit never been touched upon?

Depends on the nature of the spell. But yes it's possible for an archmage to retcon reality so something has always been true.

They don't stop becoming Wolfblooded. Why would they lose their Wolfblooded merits? In fact, you can actually *become* Wolfblooded with the Cahalith Gift from the blogpost that makes all non-werewolves suffer Lunacy.
It's honestly not that big a deal, and there were a group of Wolfblooded Vampires in 1e, the Dead Wolves Gangrel bloodline.

No, not really. Social Maneuvering could be a better system (one for more short term things), but I really like it. The Ephemeral Entities thing isn't really that complex either, though that flowchart might make it seem otherwise. It's just to make it so that things don't (usually) pop right into being.
They've also made "Manifestation" into multiple things, to better facilitate things like Claimed and Possessed and Avernian Gateways.

I haven't actually looked into the Chase rules yet.

I don't remember anything in the Secrets of the Covenants about being Wolfblooded. That Ordo Dracul psychic thing is a bit eh, but I hope they work out how to make it less silly.
It's also Crusaders *cutting magic* with swords. Not "like D&D", because there are a ton of settings where people can cut magic. Frankly it's what the Septemi special Discipline was all about to begin with.

>I don't remember anything in the Secrets of the Covenants about being Wolfblooded

From the preview "Some Dragons have developed this Coil to regain the lost gifts granted to them by their heritage as part of a werewolf family."

>but I hope they work out how to make it less silly.

I hope they dont. I like requiem now that it learned the meaning of fun.

>It's honestly not that big a deal, and there were a group of Wolfblooded Vampires in 1e, the Dead Wolves Gangrel bloodline

The deadwolves were incredibly shitty mechanically, they should have just converted spiritus from masquerade and called it a day.

Are there new ones? The only Coils I saw were the "Coil of So You Lost Your Psychic Powers" and "So You Want To Be More Human In The Wrong Way Possible".
Although the Psychic Coil did let you graft pieces of other supernaturals onto you to use their powers. Just stitch a Mage's hand onto your chest and get a few spells.

Oh, I agree. But it was still a thing. Frankly 2e allows for Dead Wolves in a much better way. They're just vampires with Tells. Ideally they'd go Dalu in Frenzy.
I hope to see things like that in the Crossover Chronicle. I feel like those "not-quite-template-stacking" things are the best way of handling Crossover. I made a Wolfblooded Proximus Dynasty a while back, though I didn't save it. Their Paradox Condition was going into Basu-Im as if with the Anger Issues Tell.

Speaking of wolfblooded, how does the Anger Issue tell work? Do you get to pick the rage trigger? Does the character somehow rage because of the general triggers?

You choose one of the triggers on page 103, (or make your own). Personally I find Blood to be the easiest one. Just do like Erin from Attack on Titan and bite yourself. Or cut yourself, then lick the blood.

Note that it's a *Specific* trigger, not at Passive or Common level.

That sounds super abusable. Thanks for the tip.
I'll keep it in mind.

Well, you're still causing yourself damage just so you can get in your "taste human blood" condition to hang with the big dogs just a little, and you're still only a Dalu with no Gifts.

I wouldn't *rely* on it, but it's the easiest to abuse from a narrative standpoint. "Be targeted by a supernatural power" is another good one.

Agree about manoeuvring but ephemera rules seem pretty simple to me.

Who are sorcerers? I honestly don't remember hearing about them. (If you don't count blood sorcery or mages, ofc).

Wolf blooded vampires can be really scary. Imagine regenerating vampires.

>conversational boss battle
Slowness kinda hinders its epicness though.

You don't use the slow over time version, you let people roll once a turn.