What's the worst Veeky Forums-related freakout you've ever witnessed?

What's the worst Veeky Forums-related freakout you've ever witnessed?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicia_faba
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a MAID rpg favour race game got REALLY competitive in my group

One time I saw a thread on Veeky Forums where someone didn't like 3.5.

Playing 3.5 with some friends and this one guy in my group was just rolling really badly that day. Our session of combat was going longer than usual because he was rolling so low. Eventually after he rolled another 2 or 3, someone joked "Come on, man" and he got really upset and threw all of his dice across the room we were in, almost hitting a few people. I can see how it was frustrating but he could have behaved more maturely.

Worst I've ever personally seen was this one guy who used to be at my chess club. He had a tendency to literally table flip when he was behind in a game. It got so bad it was even nicknamed the "Oleg maneuver" in his honor.

Literally any Legion of Everblight player losing a match in any tourney I've been to ever.

My GM got pretty pissed off at our Pathfinder group when we killed a group of archers that were five levels higher than us and 800 feet away in a single round, in melee combat. I can't blame him too much as every single combat went similarly one-sided due to big time powergaming.

We were playing some Game of Thrones-marketed Risk- like board game . It's a game where once you start to get behind in resources, it becomes very hard to amass said resources. Basically, once you fall behind, you stay behind.

So this happened to me. Then once everyone realized it, the other three players started to gang up on me until I had basically nothing left, except one gold and one territory. And then instead of taking me out, kept me in the game unable to do ANYTHING.

After about fifteen minutes, I flipped the table. Ranted about how bullshit the game was, how bullshit my friends were. When one of them, normally the nicest person ever, tried to apologize, I socked him in the jaw and stormed out of his house.

Not one of my proudest moments.

wow
pretty shitty

lmfao just sit on the couch w/ your phone nugga

Risk Legacy nearly tore my friendships apart.
We got *VERY* competitive. There was a lot of double dealing and elaborate diplomacy and promises. I dislike that stuff, I prefer to just duke it out, but that was the way the game was going.
Anyway, somebody violated a key, unbreakable treaty and I went into a sulk. I was in a very passive-aggressive "let's just finish this, what is the point of even trying" mode, and one of the other players kept trying to get me in on a scheme of his that I knew was just going to make cat's-paw yet again so I gave him the igg. He got so frustrated with my bitchiness that he literally ripped the board in half.
Once we all calmed down, we cracked up about it and it's now a fond-yet-painful memory. Not anyone's finest hour, except the guy who violated the treaty and got the ball rolling in the first place. He's my roommate, and has one of his little figures sitting above our bathroom mirror as a sign of his great victory. the bastard.

>not being able to explain that you aren't having fun to a group of friends
>not being able to politely excuse yourself from a board game
>punching someone because words are hard to use

I'm sure it's not one of your proudest moments. Your mother though would have been proud.
I can just imagine her now;
>Oh user may have punched his friend but at least he showed some emotion today.
>Wow he made enough friends to play a board game?
>I'll have to have the 'What do we do when we feel the angries?' talk with him again, like his guidance councillor told me.
>Maybe I can put that scratching post away seeing as he not a complete pussy anymore.
>Why is god punishing me? He's 32 and still lives in my fucking basement. I need wine.I'll never have grandchildren.

Somebody post the screencap of that security guard who had to pull a gun on a guy going full-blown meltdown and throwing books and models at children. That shit was hilarious.

Age of Sigmar reveal.

a friend tried to make a ragtag playgroup and one friend got so stressed out rolling their character that they started to cry
we never played again

friend played a monk in 5e, we got captured and subjected to "tests". paladin went to the test of bravery, barbarian to the test of strength. the druid should've gone to the test of wisdom, but said monk wanted to go. since he is not wise, dm had to make some shit up and it ended up a combat. three rounds later and he didn't win, he rage quit and left. must be a combo player thing

Over a decade ago, saw a guy torch someone's MTG binder with lighter fluid. To the other guy's bravery(?), he put the fucking thing out by smothering it with his bulk.

I have no clue what the fuck he was thinking since there were easily 30+ witnesses around. It's my town's only neckbeard shoppe, so you see some crazy shit go down every now and then.

Was trying to DM a public game, nice people except one who started being a smartass at me. I got fed up and tossed my dice in his direction, telling him to "run the fucking thing himself" if he knew it so much better and left.

At least I got my dice back.

Something about the way you wrote that makes me giggle uncontrollably.
Cheers, user

>"let's just finish this, what is the point of even trying"
thats more or less how most of our risk games end. usually noone wins, everyone just wants the game to end already.

i hate risk now

Couldn't you, you know, just take out your phone and only minimally engage at that point instead of punching someone in the face?

you're gonna post that story

BFZ prerelease.
>playing against an older gentleman who apparently also brought his son
>older guy gets landscrewed a few times because he doesn't shuffle properly, just kind of rams piles of cards into each other (no sleeves)
>goes on about how he and his friends hate mana screw so much they play a homebrew format of magic where if they miss four land drops they just get a basic of whatever kind they want
>game three he mulls to four
>after he loses he rifles through his deck to find all the islands in a clump
>throws his deck at the wall and screams
It's too bad that was the most exciting thing to happen to me that prerelease, I didn't even pull anything particularly valuable

Tg sperging out about the lizardmen being squatted in AoS, even though their entire range ended up surviving pretty much untouched

Some years ago the local sperg got kicked out of the flgs for trying to scam kids out of cards. He then started screaming about being "victimized" over and over again until the owner threatened to call the cops.

Was a real asshole, and pretty much everybody was glad to get rid of him. Never showed, always had his headphones in while playing, and basically acted like it was the greatest nuisance ever to have to take them out to actually interact with opponents.

He was pretty much a continuous walking freakout, this was thankfully just the final one. Well, until that game store closed down, and everybody shifted over to a new one where he wasn't banned. I moved away shortly after that, so I don't know what else came of it, if anything.

People giving you shit for doing something you literally just explained was the worst gaming freak out you ever witnessed, which embarrassed you because of course everybody wishes they were cool and reasonable all the time.

People are retarded.

A guy pulled a knife on me during a multiplayer game of magic.

[spoilers]I was playing Blue[/spoilers]

woah

I was watching a friend at a 40k tournament, not official by any means. but quite large, something like 20 tables.

His opponent was probably early 30's and had an uncanny resemblance to Boogie in OPs gif. About halfway through the game he is being thoroughly trounced and doesnt have a single objective. An old lady comes over, "Honey i brought you burger king"

"NOT NOW MOM IM TRYING TO PLAY HAMMER!"

He screamed at her and tears the bag from her hands, she looks disappointed and turns to leave.

The whole store just stared at him for a moment before going back to their games.

He made quite a fuss when he lost too.

>that side moob jiggle from black shirt

If one of my friends socked me in the jaw, I'd press charges for battery.

I don't get why people get in fights at all when there's a risk of jail time.

It was me.

I had had a real shitty day at work that day, had some friends over that night to play EDH. I promptly get mana screwed, don't get to cast a spell until around turn 10.

It gets countered.

I lose it.

Start screaming at the guy to get out of my fucking house, and how I never want to play with him again, etc. Not my proudest moment. Luckily everyone just laughed in my face and told me I was being a faggot, so I scooped and did something else while they finished to cool down.

>if one of my friends took a swing at me I'd get them thrown in prison
I don't think you have any real friends then. That's not something friends would do.

Sometimes someone just really really needs their ass beaten.

Virtually never over Veeky Forums though.

One time while I was driving friends home I got into an exceedingly heated debate over the classic filch flare in Cosmic Encounter.
It made the ride weird for everyone else and it was a year or two before anyone wanted to play it again.

Not worst I've seen, but worst Ive been directly involved in.

your friends are cool people

I once killed and eat my GM because he killed my level 7 monk in Pathfinder.

I don't even regret it.

How did you cook him and with what side dishes?

I roasted him with my wit, and served him up with a side of humiliation and sexual inadequacy.

:'(

Mine was never really a freakout. Just sort of a long drawn out kind of thing. Growing up this one guy's dad DMed for us and we all saw him go through 2 divorces and as many houses in around 6 or 7 years. We never really consciously acknowledged it until the very end because we started in high school and ended when we graduated from high school this last year. He was always a pretty cool guy and it was impressive he was even WILLING to do that for us because we were weird and dumb as fuck sometimes. But looking back on it it was sad to see his life just continue to go through that. I hope everything works out for him now.

His kid was also pretty cool but he seems to have fallen off the face of the earth since college started. Not even sure if he went.

Doesn't sound very good. I was hoping for something like liver with some faba beans and a nice Chianti

It's fava you commoner.

Silence of the Lambs is extremely overrated.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicia_faba

Eh, kind of. I'm willing to forgive it for having a fun "just as planned" villain though.

Every treaty in Risk is meant to be broken. Your job, when you make a treaty, is to be the first to meet the criteria where by the treaty is no longer beneficial to you. You don't ha e to break it right away but you have to break it before any of the other treaty participants get to the point where the treat no longer benefits them.

I give my buddy's gf a TON of shit. All the time. Being a woman, her ego is incapable to taking a joke at her expense lying down.
She always tries to get us to play catan with her then proceeds to try to get her bf and our other friend to gang up on me so I can do jack shit for 2 hours. She literally sits there and conspires solely against me from beginning to end. Ive won 3/4 games with her.

I snapped on her ass last time they did it though. It's just spiteful and lame and saps all the fun out of it for me.

I don't play non co-op games with her anymore. Incidentally she doesn't ever want to play with us anymore.

You sound autistic as fuck bro.

I was about to make fun of you for studying the image far too closely but then the power of your trips compelled me to watch and enjoy.

OR...

if they were real friends, they wouldn't hit me. If they do then they're not so I will.

Yeah but at least I'm good at catan and that's all that matters.

>It's wrong to do something in a moment of anger, that makes you not a real friend
>So my cold calculated ruining of their life is totally A okay then.
user, I don't think you are a good person.

I was playing at a MTG prerelease when some faggots figured that that exact day and time would be the absolute best time to play an army figure game. I think it was Warmachine but I never bothered to learn the different games.

I was in the middle of the second match of the second game 1 - 0 1 - 0 and I was doing my best to close out since the guy I was playing basically built the same deck and it turned into a "Who can aggro the hardest the fastest." When from the back of the store I heard "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT RULER YOU ARE TRYING TO CHEAT ME WITH!" This was so loud it quieted a store full of 100 MTG players in the middle of their games and make them all turn and look. One guy straight threw a ruler at the other guy and then sweeped a bunch of figures into a bag then swiped his had across the table hard scattering figures everywhere then screamed "FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR BULLSHIT!" He stormed out and slammed the door so hard the windows shook. Everyone was dead silent just looking at each other trying to figure out what the hell just happened. The owner ran outside fast and we all just kinda shrugged and went back to our games.

our (actually autistic) druid got pissed at our juggernaut after he picked him up and beat the succubus to death after we used enlarge person on him and he got charmed by the succ. He proceeded to get up and start yelling at the juggernaut about how he was always giving him shit and he just wanted to play the game without getting shat on.

In two years of trying I still have yet to get a group together to play a game of MAID.

I'm a very good person. I just don't feel a needto be such to a primate who can't control his urges to hit someone and thinks having a moment of anger makes it ok. That's the sort of shit your dad pulled on your mom to explain why he beat her. Break the cycle, user.

Found it

I think the fact that "tilt" is considered somehow socially acceptable at least in MTG is a fucking embarrassment.

The amount of borderline autistic behaviour I see get excused in the community has to turn so many people off the hobby.

Forgiveness is a virtue user, yet you are vengeful and proud of it, I don't think that counts as being good.

A guy couldn't pay for midnight pre-release, he had just put down his dog and didn't realize he didn't have enough left until he was at the counter trying to pay. He burst into tears, my bro offered to lend him money but he just said he couldn't play now and left.

Haven't seen him since.

If someone's social skills are so shitty that he's trying to justify physically attacking his friends over a game then you shouldn't even bother trying to reason with him.

He doesn't understand because he CAN'T understand.

Autists deserve to have fun hobbies too user, please do not bully them.

>Knowing all this about a random guy
Was that guy you user? It's okay to share, this is a safe place and you are among friends.

And the primate who needs to hit me can be virtuous by forgiving me whatever prompted the urge.

This can go on forever. We'll have to agree to disagree. But I'm out here... somewhere. Be wary who you hit in a moment of anger.

>I'm a very good person

If you ever say this, you're probably kind of a prick. Egotistical, follows the letter of the law if not the spirit, blah blah blah.

>That's not something friends would do.
You're half right. Punching a friend over how a board game is going isn't something a friend would do.

I've gotten into drunken fisticuffs with some of my best friends and I'd still trust my life to em. It really depends on why they throw the punch, unless they are doing it because they seriously intend you harm, I don't see it is being a friendship deal breaker.

Or to put it another way, just because my dog nips at my hand sometimes when he's pissed off, I won't put him down. He's still my best bud right?

Saying you're good is not egotistical. I'm not claiming some exceptional status by saying I am good. I hope you don't live such a life that such a basic claim is considered so extraordinary that it seems so unbelievable.

I hope when a friend punches you, you die

Then at least the guilt will make them trick themselves into thinking you weren't such a shit friend

I've been punched by a friend for less. Never take jabs at girl wearing too much perfume. Especially not jabs about wearing too much perfume.

>his bulk
> bulk
Say what you mean user. And in this case you mean his hulking, quivering lumps of fat.

It's true though. Claiming to be good is the same as being unaware, or choosing to ignore one's faults. It's sort of like how the least intelligent people believe themselves to be smarter on average where the inverse is true for smarter people. Someone who is truly good would think themselves a terrible sinner for the tinniest transgressions, those that are bad think themselves good while committing atrocities.

user.

if it were true, you wouldn't have to claim it was.

I hate when people wear tonnes of perfume, I got some chemical sensitivity to some of the things they put in them so I get a throbbing headache from the stuff and there are people who practically bathe in it like it's the damned middle ages or something. I really don't get it, like why?

I've been that guy before. I was feeling pretty crummy after the pod ban, especially as I had finished it right before. Trying to play the deck without the core, and it just isn't working. I still don't know if the other guy was trying to mock me, or actually offering advice, but he was saying all game, gee user, that deck sure could use some goyf's and lillies.
I ended up socking myself in the face a couple times out of frustration, and ended up just dropping and going home.
I'm not going to hurt other people, but I'm completely fair game for my own anger.
Not my proudest moment, but I haven't had any Veeky Forums rage related incidents since then. Playing legacy instead of modern might also have something to do with that.

But lizardmen weren't squatted at all, or at least no more or less than anything else was.

No. I have faults. I said I was good. I didn't say I was perfect... or even great. I'm willing to accept that I might even be wrong about that. I've had other people say I'm good, trustworthy, that they could count on my honesty and integrity. It's possible that they're wrong, I suppose, but it's all I have as evidence. All you've offered is baseless speculation.

dude, why? those bitches are fucking walking chemical warfare. I've literally failed classes because of the migraines they give me.

I find it's too hard to punch oneself in the face with any force, I prefer putting cigarettes out on my skin while calling myself a "stupid worthless waste of life who should kill herself". It doesn't have to be cigarettes though, you can just heat a wire with a lighter or something.

lol

Veeky Forums is most certainly not a place to seek solace.

You're confusing "true" with "obvious".

He said he couldn't pay because he had just put down his dog and didn't realize he was short on cash.
English is not my first language.

You are convincing me to, if ever punch you, let you in the ground for good. Heck, you're lucky we'll never met.

And I didn't say you were evil either, but thinking you are good by default isn't the greatest sign of your temperament.

Honestly, if one if my friends hit me, I'd probably forgive 'em if it was a first offence and they got me a pack of decent beer afterwards. Hell, twice in my life I deserved to get hit, and since they didn't hit me I had to shell out for apology gifts and shit.

Oh, no it's okay. I understood that part, I just didn't realize he said it out loud for everyone to hear and wondered how you would know about his life like that. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Well, when woman has no sense and bathes herself in the stuff regularly, that's just people being plebs.

This specific case what girl wearing lot of perfume exceptionally. Because she was self-ware about "smelling bad". I'll let you guess why. Hint: It also made her extra irritable.

Christ. I know I'm a newfag to Veeky Forums in general, but that's not good. I don't exactly need my psych degree to know that. That's almost as bad as the guy who one day randomly decided to tell me that when he felt worthless he liked to melt candlewax onto his balls. Go see a psych and get some pills.

I hate to disappoint you but I don't have friends that would punch me.

Look, I'm not disparaging you for having a relationship with people where hitting one another is acceptable. That's fine... for you. It wouldn't be for me.

I suppose this means you and I can't be friends but, seeing as how you're hoping I get hit and die, it's probably for the best.

Good luck, user. May all your beatings be friendly.

Fat is flammable. May he was muscularly bulky?

>I don't have friends that would punch me.
You don't have friends. period.
And from your posts, it's obvious to see why, you pretentious, hypocritical, thin-skinned cockgoblin

As are you.

It's not self loathing in my case. It was mostly just frustration, but I shouldn't have reacted with violence at all, even if it was self directed.

If you're reading this, fuck you, tron guy. Yes you, and your cheating on sideboards and your spheres/stars

>pills/therapy
Nah those don't really work. There's no real point in trying since I've already failed at everything I've ever tried in my life, including being happy. I just need to die already. Thanks for your attempt to be helpful though.

If you say so, user. Someone said I wasn't good. I countered. In your eyes, that means I must not be good. You seem to be using the same logic that got witches burned in Salem and we're probably too far apart in our thinking to arrive at any sort of conclusion... it's not like either of us can prove our cases, anyway.

>cockgoblin
On a knob bobbin hobgoblin?

His mom sounds nice. What an asshat.

The guy attacked your theoretical actions, not you. You say, "No, this is moral because X, Y, and Z", not "I am a good person."

>if you think thinking that you are inherently good is a bad thing you want to burn people alive
Uhh, what?

Brilliant work, Sherlock. I'd ask you to demonstrate your logic but it probably involves flinging your shit at the people from your cage.

By /bgg/standards that is a perfectly reasonable reaction to Catan. He shouldn't have flipped though, just hammer the piece of shit into the table