mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

bad-dragon.com
youtube.com/watch?v=t48X5PMfNPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Buy Leviathan dreadnought
>the coolests goddamn model I own
>Field it
>First game it gets killed by 18 haywire shots (fucking admech)
>second game it gets killed by three librarians (fucking technomancy)
>in all its games it can't do much because it's too slow
is a lucius drop pod the only way to get this guy into combat?

Haywire was a mistake

What else was on your list? Because a single leviathan aint gonna do shit, its like a vindicator or land raider in that you either bring enough armor to saturate your opponent's guns or it will get focused down.

It was kinda funny since it died on the 17th haywire shot.
And then my librarian went 6 rounds of combat against 9 breachers before dying

So here's the question
Why the hell Chapter masters like Calgar, Dante, Azrael, Seth are Lord of War?

Shouldn't they be just as HQ?

see
Or go look in a mirror, I dont care.

Because some armies don't have true Lords of War. Making each army's Calgar into the Lord of War choice provides a quick patch job until each codex has access to a real one.

01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100011 01101100 01100101 01100001 01110010 00100000 01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 00100000 01110011 01100101 01100011 01110010 01100101 01110100 01100101 01100100 00100000 01100110 01110010 01101111 01101101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01101111 01110000 01110100 01101001 01100011 01100001 01101100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101110 01101001 01100110 01101111 01101100 01100100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100001 01110100 01100101 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100111 01110010 01100101 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110011 01100101 01101110 01110011 01100101 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01100011 01100001 01110100 01101000 01100001 01110010 01110011 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01101101 01100101 00101110 00001010 00001010 01101001 01101110

How would I make an Orky Police WAAAGH!

?

It sounds like it at least tanked a substantial amount of your opponents points at least. But a pod would likely be your best option especially if it's a punchy dread not a shooty dread (what's your loadout my dude? Ive been wanting one of these)

Probably would be best to pod in other dreads with it to back him up

He gets a belly full of Phage Cells and fucking dies.

True but missing out on those sweet stomp-sixes will make him way worse in combat than regular GC/SHWs.

Newfag question - I've noticed in various art that terminators sometimes have hand-mounted guns, but can't dig up anything about them.
What are these - standard bolters? Any specific name for them?
pic related

I was going to go judge dredd with my orks.
Take the helmets green stuff some visors I used irongobs but that proof of concept went down very fast.
add some paldrons with suitably orky decals.
even out the chest and make it more uniform
shit like that.

Are we talking police amongst orks, like enforcers of the warboss or police themed orks like an orkdeptus orkbites that looted an arbite station and runs around jumping out of looted arbite vehicles clubbing humies who aren't green enough and yelling "EES RESISTIN, KRUMP IM LADZ"

Grey Knights have arm-mounted storm bolters

That's a storm Bolter.

wrist mounted stormbolters
it's more a greyknight thing then wait....
>that file name
>that is from the grey knight onmibus
>not knowing greyknights have wrist guns
you aren't a newfag are (you)?

>melee-focused army that uses a combination of mobility shenanigans and hordes of chaff to get into close combat with people and rip them apart
>is backed up by their MC leaders which are super killy death machines

Should I go Chaos Daemons, or Tyranids/GSC? Why?

How much of a faux pas would it be to paint my 40k tsons in the pre-heresy metallic red? Is it viable fluff-wise?

The first word in the dudes post was "Newfag".

Thank you.
Space Marines has some Lords of War like Thunderhawk,Cerberus, Typhon, Fellblade.

Thanks.
And no, wasn't baiting. I'm not into w40k at all, just came across cool art so I got curious

The latter.

Totally fine. You're a warband led by a sorceror that kept the original colors on his dustbins.

When should I start selling off my old metal sisters?
Before or after the new line is announced?

Iirc, only Ahriman's Prodigal Sons are blue. Magnus' Thousand Sons are still red.

Before. After only devalues them, but when they go OOP, hipsters/whiny sisters players will be all over you.

What armies can I get the most personality from?

I used to play Necrons during 5th/6th, did a shit ton of conversion work and had tons of lords and crypteks to lead units.

Then 7th gutted my HQ section to nothing, and made my army go from durable as it's gimmick to so durable it's boring to play and to play against.

I've tinkered elsewhere since, but it'a hard to recapture that same sense of my force being "my guys" for a lack of a better term.

Give the boyz Billy clubs, try and find some arbite or bobby helmet bits, put em in looted arbite wagons with red and blue LEDs. Warboss is Da Judge or Da Chief. Try and model a battle wagon as an armed paddywagon for locking up humies to use as slave labor in ork prisons.

>What armies can I get the most personality from?

Orks.

Tyranids, kinda.

Although I hate to say it, Space Marines or CSM.

Totally fine. AFAIK, current fluff has the loyalist (to Magnus) contingent still in their legion red, with the blue and gold scheme actually being the warband scheme for the Ahriman's Prodigal Sons.

So Im just getting into the 40k tabletop and I was wondering: could I use an angry marines army with carcharadon chapter tactics and still use tyberos? Or would I have to use a non-named hq choice?

Requesting take the knot

Orkz.

Nothings more personal than Orkz.

You'll never win, so treat your army as Saturday morning cartoon villains, accept that they'll lose, and apply the old idea that any fight, win or lose, is an Ork victory.

Oooh, that sounds great.

Now I'm thinking of 60's/70's American police. Except as Orks.

>Space marines

Nnno, I don't think so?

Tacticals are the most generic model in the game, in any game GW make, I don't think I could bear collecting them. It's the death of personality, right there.

Plus in most of the fluff, each chapter only really have one personality to share between all the members.

bad-dragon.com

The thought of police chase scenes from movies, but with the police as Orkz sounds hilarious.

Whatever dropped 18 haywire shots on your dreadnought would almost certainly die to a few pie plates. Bring some.

Probably kataphron and skitarii

Ork logic is the best. If they win well they win if they lose its not really losing because they will come around again for another fight later.

Daemons, Orks, Tau and IG

Orks.
You have full license to scratch build all of your vehicles and kit bash everything.
Just remember.
heads can usually go up one size of ork but can't normally go down
I.e. (boys with nob heads are slightly weird, nobs with boy 'eads aren't)

You also get access to all the 3rd party shit, like kromlech.
Russian orks.
Nazi orks.
Punk orks
Ork-orks
pirate orks.
Fantasy orks.
sneakorks
postappocorks
Whorks
You want it, it's there.
And you can build it from any kit inside or outside the range

They are easiest to paint and model as you like, and making new chapters is very simple.
You aren't much better off going with Orks or Tau. Even going Guard is just going to get you a Cadian knockoff regiment.

Oo, you can fluff it as being from a planet where orks have enslaved most of the populace. You can have ard boyz with riot gear and shields, nobz with white shirts as lieutenants, koptas with search lights for air support.

>Baal predator can be built as a rhino
Is this true?

What's if we had a 40k themed vehicle racing game

That's fuckin' stupid.

yes. Rhino-sprue is base for all Predator models.

Orks with scrathbuilding all your stuff
Chaos and Imperial Space Marines with the abominable amount of kit bashing you can do
Tyranids with custom monstrous creatures and more kit bashing
Tau and Eldar not so much since their models are neat and versatile but don't yield much conversion
Imperial Guard if you're really good at conversions

>>I hate fun!
Okay.

I think the anons who made 1page 40k made something like a 40k death race game.

It's funnier if it's a world where the bureaucracy of the Imperium has collapsed, but nobody knows who's in charge because four or five factions are fighting over the scraps.

What will you run into on the way to work today? Bands of crazed cultists? Mechanicum press-gangers? The dreaded paddywagon? Nobody knows, but for the time being, those rebreathers aren't going to produce themselves, so you keep showing up to work.

GORKAMORKA

It's within the reason that I could use Raven Guard Tactics and model my army as Night Lords, right?
Maybe even use some chaos bits and models.
I think the Raptors look cooler than assault marines for example.
Scouts are cool to me so I will definitely be using at least two squads for my troops that I need for the Combine Arms Detachment.

What are some other "stealthy" or "stabby" models would I want to include?

How are Landspeeder Storms?

At first I was going to use Chapter Tactics: Raptors that I found but I am afraid they are just strictly better Raven Guard and would be perceived as the "WAAC" choice.

Anybody know if theres a 40k scene around Louisville cause im bored of my models gathering dust and all my friends who were suppose to get into it just build lists and never buy models.

Just a headsup the Night Lord upgrade kit that GW sells is complete shit. You are better off buying Tyranid Gargoyle bits or something of the such to use.

Also the Night Lords have a shit tier primarch but that is just i m h o f a m

Are every chapter but BT heretics who reject the Emperor's divinity or are there others?

Chinese magnet-dealers just delivered my 2mm magnets to an address in Louisville Kentucky and I don't know what else those things would be used for so yeah probably

There are 34 chapters that worship the Emperor.

Space Marines are not heretics, as the Emperor never wished to be worshipped in the first place, and indeed, is why the Horus Heresy began in the first place.

However, if you want to use BT chapter tactics, then BT are your only bet.

There's others, Red Hunters and Steel Confessors off the top of my head, the latter believe in the Omnissiah which techincally is an aspect of the Emperor's divinity.

>>a game where you play as a hapless and loyal imperial factory worker who must brave insane danger to make it to work on time and clock in to press his assembly line button so the administrator doesn't execute him.

Would definitely play.

Do Red Hunters worship? I thought that was a different Red chapter.

Why space-separate bytes if you're a machine? That's done strictly to make it man-readable

>There are 34 chapters that worship the Emperor.

Can I have a source or a list?

Eh, that's all I remember really. There was a thread where an user decided that he had to count each and every chapter that wasn't atheistic and worshipped the Emperor in some way, and so compiled a list of all 34 chapters. Unfortunately, I hadn't saved it.

Times change, and the Imperial Creed is for everyone.

Nah mate. Most Space Marines, the Custodes, and the Sisters of Silence all follow the Imperial Truth, as they did 10,000 years ago.

>>wasting such productive autism
Such a shame.

Separation of bytes is a primitive and inefficient way of detecting binaric transmission errors over noisy channels.

Such inefficiencies are deplorable, but are occasionally of use when communicating to those whose faculties are... deficient.

Would a vindicare assassin be a good addition to my grey knights army?

What units could be added to make this into a list capable of anything?

>start collecting tempestus
>an inquisitor (just one model)
>allied DA consisting of plasma gun/cannon/pistol tac squad, a terminator chaplain, and a rhino

Archives?

Get some lehman russ if you have the Astra Militarum codex

Storzky and Hork? (or some ork version of Starsky and Hutch)

Long range anti tank is always useful for a gk force. A Vindicare is a time honored traditional choice. I personally executed mine for missing shots with his bs8 multiple games in a row and being beaten to death by fire warriors, but other vindicares aren't likely to be such failures.

Maybe it will be a game of "how many different factions can I squeeze into one army"

Right now I am thinking some servo skulls, and at least one henchmen squad with a chimera. A land raider would be tempting, but maybe wasteful.

>Plasma Pistol
Why are you running a Terminator Chaplain?

You have an open Fast and Elite slot for your Allied Detachment you can fill them with Black Knights.

Twelve Rapid Fire Twin Linked Plas Guns with an 18' Range that have a Veteran statline with +1S and Rending on the Charge with 2 melee weapons.

Minimum 480pts though, if you want all twelve.

(I would put the chap on a biker and make him an interrogator to ride with the RW command squad and give them an Apoth and RW Banner at least.)

Afaik, the Brotherhood of Dust were Amon's followers, and they remained Red/Silver. However, Ahriman killed him.

Probably Orks, but if your into history then the IG are wonderful for thematic armies.

orky harry?
Deff wish

Dark Eldar have a lot of personality to them if you don't mind playing a currently under powered army.

Deathwatch. Since they are marines from every single chapter there is, you can go absolutely nuts with personal aesthetics.

Honestly, I'm very doubtful that modern astartes really actually follow the Imperial Truth. Way too much ritual and prayer.

aside from the scions and rhino, those are the models I have

see:
also I don't like ravenwing no matter how finely aged their cheese is

1500 point game vs raven guard pinion battle company, I'm going to 1500 points of melta and grav outflanking all over me turn 1. Will this list win it? I lost last two times.

Ork horde 1500 points
-Warboss 120
Bike, klaw, kap
-Big nob (Warboss) 105
Mega armour, cybork
-Weird boy 70
Level 2

-10 'ard boyz 118
Armour
Nob, big choppa, tl shoota
-15 shoota boyz 118
Big shoota
Nob, big choppa, tl choppa
-10+1 grots 40
Squig

-9 tank bustas 142
3 squigs
Nob
-3 mega nobz 120
Trukk 35
Ram

-7 bikes 141
Nob, big choppa
-Dakka jet 145
Supa shoota, fly boss

-Kustom mega kannonz 111
2 extra grotz
Mek
-Deff dread 95
Klaw, scorcha
-Battle wagon 140
Killikannon

Weirdboy and the big nob in with the meganobz in the trukk, tank bustas in the wagon.

That's just a tough game for you friend. You're opponent is playing a very good, modern book with tons of advantages and you're playing with one of the worst books in the current edition as well as one of the worst iterations of the army ever.

Can I make normal Ravenwing bikers from this kit?

Fuuuuuuuck I just ruined the front piece of my GK Librarian. Is there a good website to buy bits? Google hasn't helped much. Maybe ask around at my LGS?

No the BK kit does not come with TL bolters.

You can buy two DV biker units and a regular box of bikers and have three MSU bike units.

ebay

Grav Gun Execution in Eternal Crusade:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48X5PMfNPk

Does THIS match up with your headcannon Veeky Forums?

>using grav on an ork
>this kills the ork
but that's the only strength of orks...

I always thought it looked like an invisble force that imploded the target but a green ray seems reasonable considering GW always paints grav guns green.

Video games very rarely go for invisible projectiles.

What about the

Latency
Assault
Gun

?

Its in the canon that most space marines don't outright worship the emperor as a god. Instead an overwhelming majority of the prefer to revere him as a combination of a father figure, and a supreme example of humanity. This stems from the fact that all space marines carry part of the emperor's own genetic lineage, so they can all literally say he's their collective grandfather.

I mean they can worship him if they so choose, and nearly every chapter has chaplains that can help them out on a path to spiritual enrichment