Warmachine/Hordes General

Hambush Edition

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists

Other urls found in this thread:

privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-11-18-2016
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw January errata will not fix Skorne

Fucking pigs seriously? No dwarves? fuck you PP.

Mercs, Minions, and then CoC tier lists.

Mercs got the Kingmaker list, since it's topical.

Dwarf tier list is likely to show up in the book.

Hoksoon™

Isn't that just a slightly crappier version of the Cephalyx theme list?

Cephalyx theme requires 30 points of drudges to get an overlord unit, this requires 20 points of units or battle engines to get free shit. Can get 5 point weapon crews or 6 point efaarit scouts for free as an example.

Kingmaker was the same way. Bring units to get free things, army gets a benefit, a specific unit gets ambush.

>Brigands
>Commandos
>Slaugerhousers
>41pts
>Get 2 free Efaarit Scouts
Like nigger what? That seems kind of insane.

I was thinking 2 free razorbacks would be my general choice.

But look at kingmaker, you can get kell and orin for free for 40 points of units.

Or you could bring brigands, slaughterhousers, and a meat thresher. Even with ambush I'm not sure commandos are worth much. They're holy zealots that can also melee, but don't have any of the tricks and cost more.

>take two useful things that you never, ever would have sacrificed points for if you were queuing up to fight against tourneylist

Holy shit I think this game actually is balanced towards Themes.

Amush is very powerful. There's a reason only bog trots and kingmaker bomies get it. Commados are shit, but they are probably good enough to be dangerous with the best rule in the game.

Their bombs will kill the shit out of support, they are the anti-choir. But a bunch of mat 6 pow 12 charges aren't threatening anything important. You'd have to be dumb as shit to put your caster in a situation where these half inch melee dudes can charge into your caster's back arc. I guess they can be a finisher in a pop and drop if they're close enough to a board edge?

And I mean, don't get me wrong. If light infantry is close to a table edge to get bombs thrown at them or to get charged in the butt, they can make a mess. but I don't think they'll do any better than using their points for more brigands.

They're great contesters as well, especially with feign death. They can run onto a zone or flag and be a real pain to remove.

Man if this is what the pigs list is like I can't even imagine the other theme forces.

Fucking hype for the khador ones.

I'm actually thinking. if you can engineer casting quagmire on them, ramming quagmired commandos from ambush down your opponent's throat would be pretty great.

This is pretty good considering what the player loses access to.

Lose access to bog trogs, but still have an ambush unit. Lose access to boomhowlers, but the basic farrow is already tough and has a good gun. Losing Wrong Eye and Snap Jaw + Swamp Horror is a negative. Its just hard to find a real downside to this theme list.

You have to play a meme army.

Every army is a meme army.

I dunno. Minions has a lot of potential. A rask army and farrow army could do some cool things as a pair. Too bad they aren't as deep as mercs yet. Remeber that guy that placed top 3 with mercs using Traitor's Army, Cephalyx, and a rhulic army (with all 4 lesser warlocks)? I bet his opponents had a hard time choosing their lists since each list was so different.

So, I want to get into WMH, and I'm hoping that I can get other people into it because fuck 40k.

Looking at the 2 player set, I would hope that I can find someone to split and take the Cygnar, so I can have the Cryx.

My questions are:

How well does the box play against each other?

Is the starter box worth getting if I already have the 2 player set? There seems to be some overlap.

How are the all in 1 boxes?

If someone wanted to play Hordes, there is no issue playing the two against each other, right? It's basically sperg proof?

On phone so shit-tier formatting.
Two player warmachine box isn't bad, has babes, and other goodies, you can also get the starter box and still get value from the multikitting afterwards.
All in one boxes are impossible to find, and were made in mark 2, now it's mark 3 so it's changed a bit, and some all in ones aren't full armies anymore because points got shifted more towards warlock only points.
No issue playing hordes and warmachine together

The battle boxes play terrible against each other to some degree, but that's often a problem of the vets playing them. Newbies aren't going to know how the fuck that shit works, so it's not nearly as bad. It's mostly about rules simplification, because Warmahordes is a fucking complicated game.

There's no reason to get the battle box if you've got the 2 player box, unless you can get it cheap enough that you're buying the heavy you want at cost.

All in one boxes are amazing in general, I don't know how Cryx's in specific transitioned. I don't think they're an actual army anymore with the edition change, but they're still a great deal.

There is absolutely no barrier between Warmachine and Hordes. They use different resource mechanics, Focus vs Fury, but beyond that they function identically.

I said "I don't think" when I meant "Absolutely".

But what's your interest in Cryx? Just the aesthetics?

I ask because Warmachine can often be a little deceptive in how lists and models play, so it's good to figure out what you want before you start buying things.

For example, Cryx can only make warjacks work with a few casters, and they're generally regarded as being much weaker with jacks in general.

Well, I was looking at the two starter boxes, and Cryx jumped out at me more than blueberries. I figured it would be a better buy in general because of the extra unit.

On top of that, the other two factions that caught my interest don't have battle boxes, which are Cyriss and Mercs (specifically Fiona and Alexia).

For Hordes, Legion looks neat because Dragons, and Circle seems cool because werewolves, though neither of the 2-player factions interest me much.

I'm not sure there is a real downside besides no Wrong Eye & Snapjaw, but let's be real they're probably getting the nerfbat to the face come January.

Like if you were running a Pig warlock anyway this seems strictly better than a vanilla list.

Oh also, I kinda really like minions. Specifically, I really like the fucking gators. Like, holy shit. I want an army of wrasslin' voodo swamp gators.

Would you like a tier list now, or a book with a tier list and new models lateron?

No Lanyssa is also a relevant downside.

>That feel when sending my Void Spirit after Wrongeye, and eventually connecting with a huge spike that blows half of Snapjaw's face off when transfered

Wrasslers are probably one of the best beasts in the game. Alone they have the damage output of a Titan, but their animus is ridiculous. With Rask you can give something +6 to damage. +8 if you go into lesser warlocks. So you take a cheap shitty warbeast, ramp its damage up to obscene heights, and suicide the fucker.

Should I go for the gator JML?

JUSTICE FOR CRYX

Remember how cryx players told everyone else they just need to git gud?

Maybe now is the time for them to git gud.

Played my first game of Reznik2 yesterday into Sorscha1. This nigga is super legit. How come I don't see more people playing him?

They really need help. Schadenfreude should not be the basis of game balance.

They do around here. Last time I saw him, he was pulling my caster's corpse behind his chariot.

Not sure. He was also good in Mk2, but the forum echo chamber told everyone he was real bad, so nobody played him.

Me and some friends are about to give mk3 a real try. We played through most of mk2, but for some reason quit when mk3 hit the fan.

Is there any way to succeed with a Skorne Journeyman league (of a sort), and what should the buildup look like?

>Is there any way to succeed with a Skorne
It's not impo-
>Journeyman league
Oh fuck.

Classic, "someone on the internet told me so", and the rest follows. Its like Veeky Forums, even though many (if not most) are pure mathhammer (excuse the expression) players, who rarely see's a game, they sure know whats cheesy and whats trash.
Same goes for /wip/ with most people being the guys who don't even have a painted force but has still "played the game" for a good 10+ years. But they sure know how to give negative critique.

But I guess its that age, we would rather sit at home spending a mere 20 min to watch a YouTube clip of someone else playing, or painting the actual hobby, than do it ourselves. Hell, my 4 year old son watch other people playing with LEGO, rather than build himself... Where is this world going to, one can ask....

Well we are just a bunch of happy amatures, so its a lot of "fun factor" involved. But we will try to play it by the rules, and really grind our teethes in to this edition.
The question I'm asking is because I have no experience with Skorne, but I like the looks of them. Now if I where to play them, I would be stuck with Xekaar or what ever his name is. Not my favourite character, but can he make it work. Even though fun factor is a main theme, I don't want to loose every freaking game.

The opponents will likely be
Trollbloods or Orboros for one guy
Khador or Legion for second guy
and likely Cygnar for the third guy

>Cryx can only make warjacks work with a few casters, and they're generally regarded as being much weaker with jacks in general.

I'm not sure how true this is any more. Cryx's really ball-busting infantry all got nerfed pretty hard, while their Jacks pretty much all got cheaper, better, or both. I mean it's Mk3 Cryx so whatever you pick you're handicapping yourself compared to some of the other factions, but I think the days of Cryx playing nothing but Infantry and their Warjack Points worth of Arc Nodes are over.

A combo of Extraction and Wind Rush costing 4 under Lamentation meant I bullied Sorscha for two turns and killed her on the top of three after he feated to not lose immediately.

I started playing PoM at the start of mk3, so I didn't really have a bias coming in. Chose him as a caster to pair with the High Reclaimer. All I saw was a Menoth version of Butcher who traded a bit of killiness for more army support, durability, and bullying potential. I ran Chandler Davidson's list from WMW and just curbstomped my opponent top of 3. Any kind of killbox scenario really puts things in his favor and between four heavies and the big man himself, there's a lot to chew through. Going to keep playing him to see what the list doesn't like, but he's probably going to be my favorite for a while.

>What Rez2 doesn't like.
In short, Eiryss kills him dead now that she has innate magic weapon. In Mk2 it was easy to sidestep her as she required Aiyana to actually hit him.

He doesn't want to see Stryker2, Madrak2, or Butcher3, anyone that can easily surf to his BE base and has a high damage output. Other than that, he plays strongly into most matchups.

Also Gallant will murder him dead if he gets there.

To be fair, allowing heavies (especially those with Purgation) to be delivered to your caster is not usually a recipe for success.

Madelyn is usually incluided in Reznik2 lists, so then the game becomes about keeping her alive vs those melee casters.

I think the mentioned list includes a Templar and Rhoven? Or a Devout instead of the Templar. Something, anyway!

I've got a busted-to-shit Prime Axiom missing both its arms, should I replace the arms to be an Axiom again or should I turn the model into a Prime Conflux? I already have one full Axiom, this would be a second one.

Go for it, just note that gator themed infantry got hurt in the edition change, and you'll find yourself reaching for farrow brigands more often than not. But beasts and casters wise, Gators still rule the roost.

Arkadius seems pretty pimp. Max out year beasts, pop feat to frenzy everything, then the fury falls off when they frenzy.

I am terrible at Warmachine and Hordes. I play Skorne, so it's even worse.

Here's my 6 week Journeyman League build up. We did get the option at week four to swap to another caster. I did not. We did have to stick with the Battlebox.

If she can shoot me. I do have 3 shield guards in the list. Madelyn should help a bit with those three, especially since Lamentation means Stryker and Butcher have to spend 2 focus for every extra inch. Additionally, I match Stryker's threat range (assuming he spends 6 of his focus to get to me) and exceed Butcher's since he can't pull me. Of course, this is all theory.

Correct. List is as follows:

War Room Army

Protectorate of Menoth - Reznik2

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Bunker - Steamroller Objective

Servath Reznik, Wrath of Ages - WJ: +29
- Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan - PC: 4
- Devout - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Scourge of Heresy - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Guardian - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 4)
- Templar - PC: 15
- Templar - PC: 15

Vassal Mechanik - PC: 1
Wrack - PC: 1

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
Daughters of the Flame - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
Daughters of the Flame - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10

---

GENERATED : 11/18/2016 17:05:58
BUILD ID : 2030.16-11-12

trying the last two weeks

I don't know if the list is good, but it was fun.

I love the model and I want to play him, but damn if he isn't expensive. I gotta find a discounted one.

I got my for 50% off via Ebay. You could also try bartertown.

privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-11-18-2016

Colossal Wrasslin

Get hyped

He is quite good. Check Amazon or Ebay. I got Lylyth3 for $40 that way and have been enjoying her shenanigans ever since.

We've always been that way, the internet just gives us access to watch things that people would've never put on T.V.

conflictanon here.

Just pushed a big update to conflictchamber.com -- tournament list reporting is in. At the moment we've got... two tournaments reported, mostly because they're two I've been in recently, but the page is set up to accept tournament submissions.

Also, the refactoring that went into this release has been *massive* (while there's not a ton different externally, CC is slowly being built to allow easy integration of CC tech in other web sites), I'm certain there will be bugs. [email protected] is a good place to send them if you find any.

Thank you for your selfless efforts

If I can get a JML here, I'm totally gonna do it, and I'll paint my Wrastlers like Luchadores.

Can i run your app on my pc?

Actually meant if your app also shows the decks. Doesnt, still of much use. Thank you user.

Can your PC run a browser?

>Full lists for tournaments
Man I'd report my LGS's Steamroller coming up in a few weeks but I ain't doing full lists.

>5 players lists available
>3 are Menoth
>Literally 60% of the metagame is Menoth

Has PP's new staggered release schedule coupled with the continuing circle Christmas, on top of the L&L fiasco and mk3 failings; buttfucked the community too hard?

Or is the core game just too good and strong to let a right buggering kill wm/h?

This looks like a VERY weak list senpai.
>Savage
Unplayably weak.
>Raider
Unplayably weak.
>Krea
Unplayably weak.
>Shaman
Borderline.
>Double Max Handlers
Nigger just no. If you want to manage that much fury, bring a Bronzeback to tickle your elephants.

Here's how you Xekaar hard:
>(Xekaar 1) Beast Master Xekaar [+31]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Agonizer [7]
- Cyclops Shaman [8]
Nihilators (max) [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Extoller Soulward [3]

Mortality amps the Sentry's damage up to a point where it can reliably kill, and if a Sentry can kill a heavy, it's the best beast in the game. Probably better than a Juggernaut at that point desu senpai.

Yup, that's a battlebox.
You don't need handlers with Xekaar at that level.
You will never need double handlers. The agonizer with a way to protect it is borderline okay. You have no way of protecting it.
The Krea is shit.
PGMT is good. A second Gladiator is not bad. Your list really doesn't need Saxon.
Cannoneer is a good beast.

In total: Lose the Agonizer, lose the Krea, lose Saxon, lose one unit of Handlers. Get a Sentry or Tiberion in there. Then add maybe a second PGMT or a Void Spirit.

>Savage
>Unplayably weak.
>Raider
>Unplayably weak.
I think he has to take those.
>>Shaman
>Borderline.
Yeah, but Xekaar needs him to survive.

Oh and a Brute seems like an okay idea, if only for the animus.

>a Brute seems like an okay idea, if only for the animus
I count 40 points of support already. Lets not make it 48 points of support in a 106 point list, 17 points of which are shit Cyclops.

Yeah, that's the problem with Xekaar. He needs so much support to do something without dying.

Reminder that knockdown should be -4DEF against shooting, not automatic hit.

Why?

>He needs so much support to do something without dying
No faggot, that list just has way too much support in it. You don't need a Krea, you don't need that many Handlers, you don't need Saxon Orrik. The Shaman is a funny one, but since it can always pop off a boost ghost shot with the Cannoneer's animus, it gets a bye. With the Mk3 battlebox in mind, I'd recommend this list.

>(Xekaar 1) Beast Master Xekaar [+31]
- Cyclops Raider [9]
- Cyclops Savage [8]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Agonizer [7]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Void Spirit [4]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]

There's no Shaman, but I don't think he's really that critical. Mortality is already RNG10, and after casting it you just put a Sentry in front of Xekaar. Increasing the RNG of spells is also a mini-Skornegy with his feat since you want to be sort of forwards anyway.

Would you stay perfectly still on the ground if someone pointed a gun at you?

>pointless AH
Grow up. It just discredits your entire post.

Literally what.

From Prime Mk3:
>A melee attack against a knocked down model automatically hits. A knocked down model has a base DEF of 5. A knocked down model does not block line of sight and is never an intervening model.

A knocked down model has a base DEF of 5 against shooting, it is not automatically hit.

Oh so you're arguing "realism"? Fuck off.

Oh wow I have a 1/36 chance to not get hit? How fucking amazing! And this isn't even considering how outright fucking retarded it is that a knocked down heavy is actually wafer thin. Models have a volume when standing, but not when knocked down? Really?

I too love rules bloat.

All models being wafer thin is actually a massive inconsistency in the rules when you think about it. Models can't see down, right? So a heavy can't see a small model behind a wall of other small models, right? Yet when everything is wafer thin, this idea is thrown out of the window.

I always assumed that anything which causes Knockdown is strong enough to knock people senseless or disrupt machines, which explains why their DEF is reduced by so much. They're literally defenseless.

Nice moving goalposts you got there, dude.

Also, note the phrase "base DEF", any increases to a models DEF, including from cover and concealment, still apply in full, so depending on the circumstances your chance to not be hit might be considerably higher.

This guy's got it right. Knocked down already has enough rules attached. Bloating this single case to include all sorts of additional extra rules for specific base sizes and attack types and whatnot, just because there are specific cases where it doesn't make sense, is a terrible idea.

STOP USING YOUR IMAGINATION!

>I can't see that small guy over this giant robot
>I know, I'll knock them both down, that'll solve the problem!
That sure is some imagination.

While it might not make sense in every case, it's the best, simple solution. Every "realistic" way to solve this issue would be accompanied by rules bloat. And nobody likes rules bloat.

Remove the part about not blocking LOS when knocked down. Done.

So then you have the scenario, where a knocked down heavy blocks LOS to a standing heavy, which also doesn't make much sense.

Where did he touch you, user?