Name something you wish your GM (or players) had done in the very first TTRPG session you had in your life

Name something you wish your GM (or players) had done in the very first TTRPG session you had in your life.

first post best post

Made and played characters, rather than statblocks.

>rude
????

Not used critical fumbles.

I went through 3 goddamn bowstrings in the first two sessions alone.

Not hit me when i did something they didn't like. My dad was kinda crappy.

I wish they hadn't all seen the Community D&D episode because the first session they all just tried to mimic that rather than, you know, play the game

;_;

sorry, I meant lewd

>lewd the rulebook
¿¿¿¿

Fuck dude, I can't remember what my players were doing that far back. Being shit's probably.

Wish my DM actually read up on the Eberron setting, and seen how noir/post-WWI intrigue it was.

>I read up on Cyre, decide my PC's family comes from a minor Cyran noble family. Wants to claim power and influence in new home.
>Start off in the big metropolis city of Sharn
>Get smoothly roped into an expedition into Xen'drik
>Gm: "It's fantasy Australia with giants and surface drow! Let's go collect the magical McGuffin artifacts!"
>Me: "But mah intrigue!"

Makes me wonder why he even chose Eberron. It was still a great first campaign for me as a player, so this complaint is small. It's like choosing Forgotten Realms as a post-apoc setting, even though Dark Sun is crying alone in the corner (ironically more forgotten).

For the gempunk probably.

Do not lewd the book.

A hug

Not kill us with an unwinnable encounter. Possibly also not thrown in a DMPC who was the only survivor of that encounter because he was so awesome.

After that session (I was like 11 at the time), it took me like 10 years to try again.

Not demanded that our characters meet on the road as independent travelers and spontaneously band together as a dragon hunting party as a red dragon flew by in the distance carrying looted treasure.

Not force me to roleplay penis inspection day in the back of his van.

a-user....

Lewd the book a little.

just the tip

>Tell me what classes are being played, underpowered or are covered by another min-maxing character.

Two min-maxers in the group seemed to take a good amount of enjoyment out of being able to do what my class was meant to do better than me, while another kept trying to instigate a fight with another of my characters, for reasons unknown, only to have my ass handed to me despite being a Jedi and somewhat competently build.

>Inform players what sort of campaign can be expected from them.

Yes, you can play it cryptic and say it's what you make of it, but that has never happened, it goes the way of the loudest voice and strongest character. If that is the way it goes, fine, at least tell somebody who hasn't played with you guys before so he goes in expecting something instead of sitting through one round combat while Punchy-Fisto clears out room after room with his bare hands. Oh wait, what's that? A computer, Punchy already hacked it? Alright... is that an a bomb? Oh, Punchy disarmed it.

Tune in next week where Punchy punches punching Puncho.

>mf through the whole adventure

>Tune in next week where Punchy punches punching Puncho.

that line cracked me up