Ready for lift off Link marines

medium.com/@jonnyhuxtable/linkpool-the-first-network-of-chainlink-nodes-backed-by-a-smart-contract-9dc34593c4d

this is neat. unironically putting my 100k in to gain some well earned interest.

Finally!!! We are marching!!

If i see ONE MORE Chainlink post

Third party proof of stake before mainnet launch.
Deluded linkies.

and?

It seems stupid compared to running a node. The fact that it is unknown how easy running a node is makes speculating on third party services impossible.

Are you saying linkies are about to get flushed?

you realize rory is actually a shill for heat coin and taptaptap....do your research fags

This is a good start

slow and steady my friends

you know I've been thinkin bout somethin' somebody posted here the other day. if you do what everybody else be doin', you gon get what everyone else gets. well we LINKies aren't doin' that. we are off the beaten path. we are choosin' our own road. and frankly, some day, we are gonna be rewarded for this. the masses won't be gettin' what we're gettin'. they'll enjoy a 2x on LTC or whatever. we'll be gettin the lambo land.

>tfw took my bags to enjoy the ETH liftoff and now I can return and get 2x LINK

Feels grand

thomas hodges in the gitter says he wouldn't recommend running a node on residential power and you need a vps. So it's not just something regular joes can start doing immediately

I stand by my sentiment re: Rory.

You also need access or a subscription to some useful API so that you can have data to serve from your node.

Read the medium article above, negates those issues.

I wouldnt want my desktop being the sole provider of critical data and execution anyways.

This is a great idea.

This too. But it sounds like part of swifts interest is related to the EU requiring the apis being open right? So that is a lot more opportunities than there might be in the present.

IF this crap coin moons, how much could we be getting per coin?

If everything goes according to plan, $10 minimum.

Good thing the EU (and GB) are about to make the banks open up their APIs to third-party providers.
Google PSD2.

50$ EYO 2018, biggest partnerships in cryptospace are going to be announced when mainnet goes live Q1

Exactly. The one thing I don't understand as a non potential node operator is how many apis can node operators call? Couldn't theoretically like 100 node operators call every existing open api and that be enough decentralization so you wouldn't need a ton of nodes? This would mean less link would be needed to stake and make it less valuable.

Is there a limit to the number of apis that can be called by a single node?

i love you pepe baller

It's a free market though; nodes will not stop joining the network when the minimum level of efficiency is achieved.
They'll keep joining as long as there's money to be made.

And the more there are, the better for everyone.

$1-5 if any good announcement is made
$10-20 if the mainnet goes live
$500+ if it is adopted and actually used
I predict $12 eoy 2018. Cap it.

praisebe baller, godspeed