Chaos Warband Creation

Anyone wanna roll up a new chaos warband?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Warband_Creation_Tables
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rolled 10 (1d10)

What are we rolling first, OP?

Sure OP. Are we rolling or what?

Yeah starting with war and organization

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Warband organization Christ.
Looks like we got a legion warband and have to roll again for additional elements

Rolled 2 (1d10)

A renegade chapter, now we roll for our legions origins, then why our renegades fell

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Thats supposed to be a d100

Rolled 47 (1d100)

Rebelled with originally good intentions, now who was their progenitor

What dice?

d100

Rolled 75 (1d100)

Imperial fists, now what legion did the rest come from? d100

Rolled 3 (1d100)

Black legion, kinda boring but whatevs Now 1d10 how devoted are they to chaos?

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Neutral, Now 1d12 which god

Rolled 6 (1d12)

Nugle GET

Looks like Papa Nurgle it is now d100 chapter belief

Rolled 97 (1d100)

Do what you want for an astartes is free. D10 for demeanor

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Scorched earth now 1d10 for mutation

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Hunger for flesh, interesting d100 for figure of legend

Can someone explain to me how these roll threads work? I've been lurking them for ages and still no clue

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Rollin', rollin'.
There are creation tables on 1d4chan. You roll dice, see what result you get in every field and you're good to go.

Rolled 52 (1d100)

Oops, forgot zero.

A sorcerer lord now what did this guy do d100

Rolled 55 (1d100)

My God, I'm silly this morning.

Oh sweet. I was wondering where you were getting all the results from

This one uses 1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Warband_Creation_Tables
It all came from FFG's RPG and their Space Marine Chapter creation tables.

Corrupted an entire sector, sweet, I am starting to get zombie apocalypse vibes, Nurgle Cannibals. now d100 for homeworld

Rolled 94 (1d100)

Dead World would be the only fitting choice, I think.

Looks like we got A stationary non planet, such as an asteroid field want to roll again?

Can we keep our mulligan for later, we have few more rolls?

Sure d10 for combat doctrine

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Pls be six.

Well, there's that. Fast zombies... that's Left 4 Dead and Dawn of the Dead. So it still fits to the theme.

Well, now special equipment d100 hopefully bio experiments

Rolled 95 (1d100)

Yeah, that'd be fitting. But knowing way I roll, it'll be daemonic weapons.

Oh, snap.

Perfect, now 1d10 for warband status

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Here goes nothing.

slightly overstrength, now to roll the reason for it d10

Rolled 6 (1d10)

"joined forces" with another warband, now for allies we roll a d100

Rolled 37 (1d100)

Some Nurglite cult wowed by out fancy zombies pls.

im getting a glutton vibe
i nominate ygolonac as our daemonic leader who serves nurgle
a mutation could be line growing mouths on the hands to devour the things they grab
we could make a hand with teeth in the middle the icon

dark mechanicus and finally our enemies.
Zombie Gluttons? Perthaps called the Feasting Hands

i dig it

Rolled 61 (1d100)

That's d100, right?

a specific space marine chapter.
Alright, rollings done now.

My Catholic knight order lore is little murky, but Knights Hospitallers were knights and healers, right? We can use them for our enemy.

Didn't someone make a Knights of Saint Lazarus chapter? But one of those two could work

I have flashbacks now. That's chapter of loyalists who are infected with Nurgle's plagues or something like that, right?

yep, thats what I remember

Handmaws sounds quite cool.

Alright, lemme sum it up.
>Renegade Chapter
>The Chapter rebelled, with originally good intentions, against the Imperium.
>Descendants of Imperial Fists
>Black Legion teamed up (I think?)
>Neutral devotion to the Ruinous Powers
>Worshiping Nurgle
>Belief is "Do what you want, for an Astartes is Free"
>Warband Demeanor is "Scorched Earth"
>Hunger for Flesh
>Sorcerer Lord is figure of legend
>The hero corrupted nearly an entire sector of planets, causing the populations of them to fall to Chaos.
>Stationary non-planet, such as a debris field, an asteroid belt or a deep-space station (maybe Space Hulk a la Dead Space)
>I think we forgot to roll for terrain
>Rip and Tear combat doctrine
>Biological Experiments
>Slightly Overstrength
>The Warband joined forces with another Warband that shared the same goals or a common enemy.
>best buds with Dark Mechanicus
>we hate Specific Space Marine Chapter/leader
Hopefully I missed nothing.

Aha, found it.
>Knights Lazarine
Still working on lore, but they basically started out as a 40k version of my favorite order of knights, The Order of Saint Lazarus.
>Space Crusaders
>Homeworld is SPAAAACE Jerusalem
>Called to fight the forces of Nurgle
>Their faith alone makes them highly resistant to disease.
>Focused on healing the sick and tending to the wounded when around civilians
>Even so, some still fall prey to Nurgle's Rot
>Instead of killing their battle brother, apothecaries cut off affected limbs and return them to battle if possible with cybernetics.
So basically, Nurglite Black Legion warband joined with ours, meanwhile Dark Mechanicus sends their evil biologists to pimp our creatures and/or marines.

Didn't we say we were gonna reroll the planet?

I don't know, I kinda dig now idea of Space Hulk drifting and eating everyone who comes to loot it. Although that severely dampens zombie invasion shtick.

OP here, I need sleep, feel free to continue

What should be theme of warband?

Posing. The chapter greets each other with an elaborate flexing ritual designed to show off their strength and perfection.

well they're zombie cannibals of nurgle that have mouths on their hands. that's a theme i'm sure.

We're all zombies.
Maybe they get mouths in other places as well? The hands are the most common and useful, and considered blessed.

What if they had daemonic power armour with mouths on the torsos that they could just shove people into? Maybe they gain greater protection after feeding the armour since the daemon is strengthened, but greater agility and speed when it's hungry because the daemon is anxious to get to the feeding quicker.

They could possibly look like the putrid Blightkings in Age of Sigmar.

an idea, they could have a ritual they conduct upon all members, whereby they sacrifice a part of themselves for new mouths, such as the eyes, or a finger for a small mouth. eventually they can fight a group alone, with their greatest champions, while terribly disfigured and putrid, being able to take on hordes by themselves, sustaining themselves by eating everything around them.

Get in mah belly "the warband"

This works pretty well. Might I suggest that having the armour eat different things yields different results. Like eating a normal human provides a minor strength boost, whilst eating a space marine provides a far bigger one and stuff like that

Kroot: Chaos edition? Should we get special Chaplain guy who's basically chef and tells people what's good eat?

i dig it
our minions can be resident evil style zombies
horribly mutated
hell maybe our source of zombies is like a demonic tapeworm that eats it's way through the infected

Maybe a tech-marine? one that cares more for the armour and its needs than he cares for the men wearing the armour. He keeps the marines up to date on what they need to feed their armour to keep it healthy and will bring hell down on you if you mistreat your armour

Perhaps, since seven is nurgle's holy number, those individuals with seven mouths about their armour are considered the most holy/bound for greatness

Each one of the Feasting Hands is bonded to a daemonic spirit that possesses his armour, so when he dons the armour he feels its hunger. Sometimes, a member of the warband will become overcome with such hunger from his starving armour that he goes mad, and the daemon possesses his body as well as his equipment. These possessed warriors, known as the Mouths of Ygolonac, are dangerous shock troops, possessed of a hunger so ravening that often they cannot distinguish friend from foe. The Dark Mechanicus produce collars for these beasts that can be used to deliver powerful electric shocks, knocking them out so they can be chained up again once they have served their purpose, to prevent them from devouring their kin.

What's the name, though?
Bonus if minions drag people to the "feast".
Oh, I dig this.

"The Feasting Hands" is a good name. Fits with the gluttonous feel these guys have. Perhaps there can be groups of soldiers who's names are based on synonyms for eating or hunger

Not to mention they're Imperial Fists decendants who opened themselves to Chaos. Open fists, in other words.
>pottery

... I honestly feel extremely stupid for missing that.

What kind of color scheme do you guys think this should have.

I'd say that whatever it is it should be a bit on the pale side

Pale green and whatever is color of flesh?

Perhaps guys like these produce the armour. Like, their own armour takes in nutrients and materials and eventually creates a new suit. They are so protective of the armour because the suits are their children in a way.

This sounds good

So I'm guessing their symbol is a hand (green, maybe?) with a mouth in?

I vote for rusted copper
It will give us a good mix of green and orange and keeps with the mechanics allies thing
Like an open hand with either a mouth or teeth in the palm

Sounds good.

Bump

Where's the summary post?

Here

In tome of decay it talks about a type of plauge marines who don't use disease or parasites but hunger and entropy
When they walk past you, you either instantly starve to death or feel hunger pangs for a year
Possible inspo?